PDA

View Full Version : QB Situation

vv83
11-30-2019, 03:23 PM
Okay Joe is here to stay, moving on.

I assume KT is gone no matter what and Schrader is the starter. Does Mayden stay or leave? If he leaves I assume Will won't redshirt since we're gonna be dangerously thin. Do we bring in a JUCO or Grad Transfer to be the backup and save Will's RS? Also, did anyone else think Schrader looked worse as the year went on? Not sure if he was actually injured with something lingering or the SEC just caught up with him. I thought he was great his first few times in but he looked lost at times against Ole Miss. Hopefully a full off season and year of practice/playbook gets him game speed ready.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2019, 03:27 PM
I hate to tell yall but Shrader has been a handful to deal with himself. Not to mention he is not a good passer to begin with.

Rogers will be the best passer on campus when he gets here.

vv83
11-30-2019, 03:31 PM
I hate to tell yall but Shrader has been a handful to deal with himself. Not to mention he is not a good passer to begin with.

So him not playing in obvious situations was due to off field issues? And yeah like I mentioned he seems to have regressed as the season went on. Hoping we go get a real QB coach to work with him all year and get him coached up. Breiner just hasn't done anything to impress me in his 2 years here... I do like his toughness though. Stevens obviously didn't fit in here when you think about Dak, Fitz, Relf, etc. Schrader at least seems tough and he can handle SEC beating

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2019, 03:33 PM
So him not playing in obvious situations was due to off field issues? And yeah like I mentioned he seems to have regressed as the season went on. Hoping we go get a real QB coach to work with him all year and get him coached up. Breiner just hasn't done anything to impress me in his 2 years here... I do like his toughness though. Stevens obviously didn't fit in here when you think about Dak, Fitz, Relf, etc. Schrader at least seems tough and he can handle SEC beating

He is absolutely tough and is a gamer. He is gonna be a good player but he has had his own problems this year. Nothing bad just typical freshman stuff. He is still the future right now but Rogers is going to push him.

Shrader doesnt love it like Rogers does I promise you. Shrader honestly reminds me of Bond

CovertDawg
11-30-2019, 03:40 PM
Shrader is 100% the guy. If Moose leaves, adding a JUCO emergency guy as a backup is not a terrible idea so we can Redshirt Rogers and keep him two years apart from Shrader. Obviously the JUCO guy will have his shortcomings coming in as a backup but there are some undersized guys who would at least not embarrass themselves out there.

bulldawg28
11-30-2019, 03:48 PM

You've been vouching for your guy for awhile now. What were his senior stats? I honestly don't care who starts, just win.

JPdog
11-30-2019, 03:51 PM
If KT and Mayden leave, I’d love to see us get Lovertich from Gulf Coast to be a backup. Dude is a gamer and would be a great presence in the locker room. Undersized but can play

defiantdog
11-30-2019, 03:57 PM

He's a lot better than when I was a freshmen on campus..... those 7:30 intro to psychology classes were hard to get to.

vv83
11-30-2019, 03:57 PM
If KT and Mayden leave, I’d love to see us get Lovertich from Gulf Coast to be a backup. Dude is a gamer and would be a great presence in the locker room. Undersized but can play

I second that. Preserving Will's RS would be worth the scholarship

KOdawg1
11-30-2019, 04:16 PM

Good deal. Our starting QB is a head case

vv83
11-30-2019, 04:35 PM
Good deal. Our starting QB is a head case

Care to expand? Curious what this is about

Homedawg
11-30-2019, 04:38 PM

This.... some serious red flags

Homedawg
11-30-2019, 04:40 PM
He's a lot better than when I was a freshmen on campus..... those 7:30 intro to psychology classes were hard to get to.

What I'm hearing doesn't involve going to class. It involves football and his lack of wanting to put in the time to work at it.

vv83
11-30-2019, 04:42 PM
This.... some serious red flags

So anyone gonna spill it? Skipping workouts, film study, etc.?

hacker
11-30-2019, 04:48 PM
Care to expand? Curious what this is about

"head case" in other words he missed a class

bulldawg28
11-30-2019, 05:04 PM
What I'm hearing doesn't involve going to class. It involves football and his lack of wanting to put in the time to work at it.

Sounds like Moorehead to me. This is all you need to know about Moorehead. His decision making is terrible. Stevens was never a starter in a P5 level and his freshman is a hotshot that doesn't want to work. However, Keytaon was the problem? Damn our team sucks. I was banned for saying it week 1 but I'll say it again. We're in the same situation next year if we don't have a veteran Qb to take the reins.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2019, 05:45 PM
You've been vouching for your guy for awhile now. What were his senior stats? I honestly don't care who starts, just win.

3581 yards 38 TDs 3 INTs 66 completion percentage

bulldawg28
11-30-2019, 06:43 PM

Excellent stats!

vv83
11-30-2019, 07:21 PM

Can he run too? He looks a bit small now but so does Plumlee and he's doing fine so far