PDA

View Full Version : OK so Moorhead is staying; here is what he must do

R2Dawg
11-30-2019, 03:09 PM
First he should apologize to the fanbase for his insults at the press conference.

Second, he has to make a few coaching changes.

Third, he must fix his offense.

This is the only way to move forward with any positive vibe since we are locked in for the ride. He can make his legacy by what he does going forward; it is crap right now.

Due to his arrogance he will not do any of these just like Croom. Give Croom some credit he didn't insult the fanbase or leadership until he left.

Indndawg
11-30-2019, 03:25 PM
He has to actually become an alpha and not a player's coach. I have no idea how a 50something can change that anti-coaching personality over night.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2019, 03:26 PM
No decent coaches will come to a program where they know the coach will not be around long. We're screwed.

ckDOG
11-30-2019, 03:27 PM
The only coaching changes will be regressions after the assistants with futures bail for greener pastures.

DogsofAnarchy
11-30-2019, 03:46 PM
I seriously doubt any changes will be made. This guy loves himself.

Indndawg
11-30-2019, 03:52 PM
Yep that presser brought that out. He loves the sound of his voice

R2Dawg
11-30-2019, 04:26 PM
Yep that presser brought that out. He loves the sound of his voice

I just don't see how he stays without some apology statement; I'll be surprised if Keenum doesn't push for one; he is a standup guy.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Why would Moorhead change anything? Why would he try hard? He knows he's gone, he's pissed off at our admin and boosters, and apparently he hates any fan that dares say we could possibly have won more game than he has. Only reason to do well is so his resume looks better as he looks for a new job. But recruiting and player development are areas he can completely ignore and it won't affect this years W-L record much.

He just called our AD's bluff by demanding the full buyout, and Cohen didn't fire him. Now there's not a single piece of leverage we have to make him change his staff. "Oh you want Joey Jones gone? No. Don't like it? Give me the full buyout...". There's no threat of firing and he knows he has no future here.

Hell, with how resentful he seems there's a non-zero chance he's intentionally going to tank us out of spite/to force the full buyout this time