PDA

View Full Version : Hat in hand

Dawgfan77
11-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Gentlemen I would like to say that I apologize for being wrong. I brought to the board what I was told. Flame at me all you want but I was passing along what i was told

Also, we have some pissed off people

gtowndawg
11-30-2019, 02:49 PM
I appreciate a good rumor that comes from a trusted person. No need to apologize. I just hope State can figure out a way to bridge the divide now. Not sure how they do it, but they have major damage control on their hands.

confucius say
What changed? Strictly beating ole miss?

DownwardDawg
People that bash you and others for bringing what you were told are idiots. I think anyone with a brain knows this thing was 50/50 at best. The people saying he was staying had ZERO information. They were just guessing. They ended up being right this time.
Football at State is going to be very sad next season.

confucius say
11-30-2019, 02:50 PM
Who have we pissed off? Our own people or agents and Napier?

cheewgumm
11-30-2019, 02:51 PM
Keep it coming!! Thank you.

DogsofAnarchy
11-30-2019, 02:53 PM
I have multiple Degrees from MSU. I have lived here in Starkville for 51 years and I was told categorically that Moorhead was out by people who are multi-Million Dollar supporters. No need to apologize. We were once again reminded by a weak, Larry Templeton, led administration that we are MSU. No worries brother.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2019, 02:53 PM
You aint gotta apologize for shit. Its a message board its why people get on these. The guys that get on here and say you dont know anything are as useful as tits on a boar hog

Dawgology
11-30-2019, 02:54 PM
Who have we pissed off? Our own people or agents and Napier?

Every. Single. Fan. I have talked to about state over the past week has said we have to get rid of JoMo. Every single one. Without exception. Entire family during thanksgiving. Folks at work. Everyone. The majority of fans and booster are in direct conflict with our current “admins” thinking. It will cost Cohen and JoMo their jobs at the end of next season if not before.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 02:55 PM
You got nothing to apologise for, brother. Keep posting your info. It's not your fault we have Virginia Slims and LT 2.0 running the show.

vv83
11-30-2019, 02:55 PM
Do you know if Napier was actually lined up and ready to go? Was it truly just Ole Miss losing that turned EVERYTHING around?

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 02:56 PM
You're good with me Dawgfan. Appreciate your info. Keep it up.

JoseBrown
11-30-2019, 02:56 PM
Every. Single. Fan. I have talked to about state over the past week has said we have to get rid of JoMo. Every single one. Without exception. Entire family during thanksgiving. Folks at work. Everyone.

Same here. Edited to include the BAMA side of the family...

DownwardDawg
11-30-2019, 02:59 PM
Every. Single. Fan. I have talked to about state over the past week has said we have to get rid of JoMo. Every single one. Without exception. Entire family during thanksgiving. Folks at work. Everyone. The majority of fans and booster are in direct conflict with our current “admins” thinking. It will cost Cohen and JoMo their jobs at the end of next season if not before.

This is a fact. MSU football is about to get real ugly. Two people have walked to my office and told me they will NOT be buying tickets next year. One of them is a long time season ticker holder.

Mjoelner34
11-30-2019, 02:59 PM
A friend's son is friends with a current JUCO recruit and he was told by the recruit he was gone on Thursday morning.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 03:01 PM
People that bash you and others for bringing what you were told are idiots. I think anyone with a brain knows this thing was 50/50 at best. The people saying he was staying had ZERO information. They were just guessing. They ended up being right this time.
Football at State is going to be very sad next season.

Idiots are the ones that keep believing these rumors time after time. Me included.

KOdawg1
11-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Don't apologize for shit man. The people who are having a circle jerk bc everyone was wrong are the annoying ones.

Dawgology
11-30-2019, 03:03 PM
Do you know if Napier was actually lined up and ready to go? Was it truly just Ole Miss losing that turned EVERYTHING around?

According to a poster here. They said that either gene or Rosebowl said that Cohen references the Egg Bowl as his turning point to keep JoMo. Lol. What a loser AD we have.

NCDawg
11-30-2019, 03:10 PM
That's right. Don't apologize. We love hearing stuff that is not true. MS State way.

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 03:16 PM
lol. No he didn't. Good Lord it's so obvious people are just repeating unfounded rumors because they want to feel important on a message board.

That's it

Anyone here that fell for and believed our "insiders" information is a guilible fool.

I sorta like it though. All of this is just for entertainment. So when the product on the field is bad I know I can come here for some great fiction and to laugh at the expense of others.

Good times

DownwardDawg
11-30-2019, 03:21 PM
lol. No he didn't. Good Lord it's so obvious people are just repeating unfounded rumors because they want to feel important on a message board.

That's it

Anyone here that fell for and believed our "insiders" information is a guilible fool.

I sorta like it though. All of this is just for entertainment. So when the product on the field is bad I know I can come here for some great fiction and to laugh at the expense of others.

Good times

Well, at least you can laugh during the demise of our football program. So congrats, I guess.

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 03:29 PM
It's out of my control and I don't let football define my life happiness. I wished we would have made a change. It does suck, but...

Maybe I just have more stuff in my real life I can use to define my happiness. Like a career, family, and friends.

I'm sorta feel bad for some of y'all that clearly have a lack of meaning in your life

DogsofAnarchy
11-30-2019, 03:35 PM
This is a fact. MSU football is about to get real ugly. Two people have walked to my office and told me they will NOT be buying tickets next year. One of them is a long time season ticker holder.

I have literally spoken to NOT one person who thinks we will be more successful with JoMo. Everybody on these boards, who are positive, are because they say recruiting is better. Is it? Let’s see if it is. This LT led administration put the screws to us again.

DogsofAnarchy
11-30-2019, 03:39 PM
It's out of my control and I don't let football define my life happiness. I wished we would have made a change. It does suck, but...

Maybe I just have more stuff in my real life I can use to define my happiness. Like a career, family, and friends.

I'm sorta feel bad for some of y'all that clearly have a lack of meaning in your life

Or...perhaps they care more. You have your litter to think about. We understand. But with multiple degrees comes the ability to multi task.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 03:47 PM
According to a poster here. They said that either gene or Rosebowl said that Cohen references the Egg Bowl as his turning point to keep JoMo. Lol. What a loser AD we have.

I don't believe that he truly feels like that. That he said it sure, but not that Cohen actually puts stuck in that fluke win:

He's a baseball coach. That's the flukiest sport of them all. a nobody can beat the best team in the country because 1 pitcher had a good game and a couple pop ups found no mans land. He's not stupid enough to go "hur dur we won and winning is all that matters so all is fine" because he made a living coaching a sport where you play the averages and luck plays a huge role.

He saw that game, he knows OM would have win if not for the turnovers and still should have taken us to OT on our own field. Not ot mention the O was mediocre. No way was he actually impressed or think he saw signs the program was turning around.

No, what happened was 1) Cohen always wanted to keep Joe because Cohen wont' admit he's wrong, or 2) Money men who's dicks COhen sucks told him to keep Joe. But no way did that game actually sway John mind.

Maroonthirteen
11-30-2019, 03:47 PM

That's it

Boom goes the dynamite.

Also people repeating on the streets what they read here.....wild fire.

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 03:55 PM
Boom goes the dynamite.

Also people repeating on the streets what they read here.....wild fire.

Yep. It hurts the program. I wonder if some of our insiders are not actually ole miss fans trying to help sabotage us

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 04:03 PM

That's it

Good times

What he was told was true. Just because it was changed/misinformation didn?t make it any less true. Many were being told the same thing. We were an OT loss away from you being completely silent today because it would have happened, so when he comes out to eat crow, you accept it and don?t act like a insufferable douche. Multiple times today you have.

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 04:04 PM
lol

What he was told came from people who didn't know shit. And he helped spreads unfounded rumors

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 04:12 PM
lol

What he was told came from people who didn't know shit. And he helped spreads unfounded rumors

You just had a thread locked for being a douche.

He just report what was being sent out by several insiders. Many were getting the same info. Misinformation or changed didn’t make what he was told false. And you being a prick about it won’t change that fact.

Dawgfan77
11-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Ok I?m gonna go out on a limb here and I?m going to tell you exactly what I was told

Most of the Descsion makers wanted a change. Most assumed that we would lose the egg bowl but were not ready to make a knee jerk reaction. Conversations were had interest were there and mutual. Then the piss and miss. JM agreed to a dollar amount including his staff for a buyout. JM was ready to walk and his agent was working the phone. Deal was in place everything was good and everyone was happy. Then Thursday shit hit the fan! Names were leaked and joe got pissed. He had no idea that we had already been in contact with a candidate. Message boards and social media centered on a name and joe went ballistic. He then gave a big 17 you to everyone and went back to the table for more $. He then got pissed at the PC and we have a tuberville situation Obviously there are and were other issues at play but t he fact remains. So in closing we had our guy we had our buy out we had everything lined up but names got out and joe got pissed. So in return we decided to keep him and save face. So appreciate all that dropped the name

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 04:35 PM
Hey, at least our national image remains intact.***

WildDawg
11-30-2019, 04:37 PM
I talked to a ?seasoned? Bama All-star player last week, and even he said Jo was not good and unimpressive. He had no stake, but certainly he knows football. It?s easy to see his view.

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 04:38 PM

Well, given the total beatdown we put on OM you could see how it would be the deciding factor.***

gravedigger
11-30-2019, 04:43 PM
Or...perhaps they care more. You have your litter to think about. We understand. But with multiple degrees comes the ability to multi task.

You like touting your multiple degrees.

Do you have some sort of issue convincing people you can multitask?

And I meant to ask earlier, your sources that give the millions of dollars.......how many more millions do they need to give to get accurate info they can pass to you?

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Ok I?m gonna go out on a limb here and I?m going to tell you exactly what I was told

Most of the Descsion makers wanted a change. Most assumed that we would lose the egg bowl but were not ready to make a knee jerk reaction. Conversations were had interest were there and mutual. Then the piss and miss. JM agreed to a dollar amount including his staff for a buyout. JM was ready to walk and his agent was working the phone. Deal was in place everything was good and everyone was happy. Then Thursday shit hit the fan! Names were leaked and joe got pissed. He had no idea that we had already been in contact with a candidate. Message boards and social media centered on a name and joe went ballistic. He then gave a big 17 you to everyone and went back to the table for more $. He then got pissed at the PC and we have a tuberville situation Obviously there are and were other issues at play but t he fact remains. So in closing we had our guy we had our buy out we had everything lined up but names got out and joe got pissed. So in return we decided to keep him and save face. So appreciate all that dropped the name

So JoMo agreed to an amount for a buyout but then got pissed that we were lining up someone to replace him? Now that part makes zero sense given you have to turn this stuff around quick these days given the early signing period. What did he expect us to do?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 04:48 PM

After the TN game it was clear we'd need to beat OM to go 5-7. Joe had to know that would put his job in jeopardy, right? and he knows how time sensitive hirings are- he himself was hired like 3 days after Mullen left because we needed him to recruit ASAP. So if he knew he's probably be fired and he knew it's very improtant to have a new uy asap, why would he get upset to hear that we've been talking to other candidates?

Moreover, it's not like the board ever had a consensus on a candidate. We had Hud, Chizik, Norvell, Napier, even Dantonio's name "leaked" here by those claiming to have sources. No consensue was ever reached really, though Napier did seem like the guy after the noise was filtered.

But the point is that it's wasn't "THE" name getting leaked here that screwed it up. Sounds lie any leak of "We're interviewing guys" would have set him off... which are leaks that happen in literally every coaching change at any university.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 04:49 PM

So, Joe was ready to leave? He wanted to leave? He got pissed b/c we had someone lined up?

So we are going to keep the coach ready to leave b/c he found out the name of his potential replacement and threw a tantrum like a petulant child. And we caved and kept him? A head coach ready to bail?

Wow. That's worse than I thought. Cohen and Keenum deserve everything that comes out of this.

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 04:50 PM
So JoMo agreed to an amount for a buyout but then got pissed that we were lining up someone to replace him? Now that part makes zero sense given you have to turn this stuff around quick these days given the early signing period.

It’s one thing to be negotiating a buyout if you lose the EB and something totally different to find out the school possibly already has a replacement in place, when he still has a game to play. Possibly under cuts his ability to have a team ready to play if the players buy into the rumors as well and then it does cost him his job. An emotional win that was seconds away from OT and a possible loss just pushed him over the edge.

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 04:51 PM
77- you’re good. We’re not media and we don’t have to have confirmation to get info. I appreciate what you and others bring to the board.

Dawgfan77
11-30-2019, 04:51 PM
Here is what is was told
Joe is thin skinned and felt stabbed in the back. Thought we would wait until the weekend to name names and make the hire. He is not cut out for an sec HC

HoopsDawg
11-30-2019, 04:52 PM
same for me. Apparently we still have 2 or 3 guys that think bowl games still matter (LOL) and think all is well as long as we beat Ole Miss. Joe won't beat Ole Miss again for as long as he's here which will probably just be one more year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 04:53 PM
So JoMo agreed to an amount for a buyout but then got pissed that we were lining up someone to replace him? Now that part makes zero sense given you have to turn this stuff around quick these days given the early signing period. What did he expect us to do?

"Hey Coach, we're firing you. Now we're going to sit on our ass for a week and then have a very hectic 3 day coaching search that begins as soon as you're officially no longer our coach"

If I turn in my 2 week notice, I'm not going to go ballistic if I see resumes for my job position on my bosses desk a week later. And if I know I'm going to get fired, I'm not going to go ballistic if I find out they've got a new guy lined up to replace me before they actually tell me I'm fired.

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 04:53 PM
So, Joe was ready to leave? He wanted to leave? He got pissed b/c we had someone lined up?

So we are going to keep the coach ready to leave b/c he found out the name of his potential replacement and threw a tantrum like a petulant child. And we caved and kept him? A head coach ready to bail?

Wow. That's worse than I thought. Cohen and Keenum deserve everything that comes out of this.

If that’s true I’m not sure why the hell he cares. Especially considering the fact that we contacted him before Dan left.

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 04:54 PM
You just had a thread locked for being a douche.

He just report what was being sent out by several insiders. Many were getting the same info. Misinformation or changed didn?t make what he was told false. And you being a prick about it won?t change that fact.

Good Lord. Just listen to yourself. What you described is the very definition of an unfounded rumor

He didn't "report" a damn thing. This isn't a news site

Look, you are ok with spreading rumors. That's your choice. But that's all it is. It's clear the spreading of these rumors didn't help a thing and most likely made things worse

Do whatever you need to justify that in your mind, but at least be honest and stop spinning it. Call all this what is really is.

Speculation and rumors

Once we are all honest about what it is maybe we can talk about how it helps or hurts a program.

"Reporting". lol

maroonmania
Is there any sports program more hexed than MSU football? We should have known that with a change needed we would somehow eek out an Egg Bowl win to derail everything. Basically seems to me that Moorhead is staying for 2 simple reasons, to keep drawing his check and to spite those that wanted to oust him. Pretty evident he doesn't really want to be here.

TrapGame
Here is what is was told
Joe is thin skinned and felt stabbed in the back. Thought we would wait until the weekend to name names and make the hire. He is not cut out for an sec HC

This guy has been sending up red flags since the UK debacle and we think he can change. We have the most clueless people in charge.

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 04:55 PM
After the TN game it was clear we'd need to beat OM to go 5-7. Joe had to know that would put his job in jeopardy, right? and he knows how time sensitive hirings are- he himself was hired like 3 days after Mullen left because we needed him to recruit ASAP. So if he knew he's probably be fired and he knew it's very improtant to have a new uy asap, why would he get upset to hear that we've been talking to other candidates?

Moreover, it's not like the board ever had a consensus on a candidate. We had Hud, Chizik, Norvell, Napier, even Dantonio's name "leaked" here by those claiming to have sources. No consensue was ever reached really, though Napier did seem like the guy after the noise was filtered.

But the point is that it's wasn't "THE" name getting leaked here that screwed it up. Sounds lie any leak of "We're interviewing guys" would have set him off... which are leaks that happen in literally every coaching change at any university.

After the UT game it was a 100% consensus from all donors and AD, admin that if we go 4-8 he would be let go. No question. It’s why I was adamant and agreed to that stupid ban bet with 007 when he was crowing “it was confirmed” he would be back no matter what. It wasn’t true. 5-7 and a loss in the EB, especially a bad loss and he was gone and the majority agreed to that. That why you had media and even Rosie and others starting to hedge that way because that was the prevailing thought and agreement.

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 04:56 PM
same for me. Apparently we still have 2 or 3 guys that think bowl games still matter (LOL) and think all is well as long as we beat Ole Miss. Joe won't beat Ole Miss again for as long as he's here which will probably just be one more year.

Don't understand the bowl thing except it gives you more practices. 3/4 of CFB practically goes to bowl games now.

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 04:58 PM
I mean what the hell are we doing here? Just fire his ass and give him the full buyout. I don’t see how we’re saving face especially when we do the exact same thing next year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 04:59 PM
It?s one thing to be negotiating a buyout if you lose the EB and something totally different to find out the school possibly already has a replacement in place, when he still has a game to play. Possibly under cuts his ability to have a team ready to play if the players buy into the rumors as well and then it does cost him his job. An emotional win that was seconds away from OT and a possible loss just pushed him over the edge.

If my boss tells me they're letting me go and we start negotiating a severance package, am I going to go ballistic if I find out they've already looked for someone to fill my job? Hell no, of course they want someone to fill my role the second I leave. Of course they aren't going to wait till I'm gone to start taking resumes.

It makes no sense why Moorhead would expect us to waste valuable time in getting a new coach. As soon as a AD thinks a change might be made he should get on looking for a new coach. As soon as he knows a change will be made he should start negotiating the new coach's contract to get him in here ASAP. Moorhead is extremely emotional AND ignorant of how his own coaching world works.

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 04:59 PM
Good Lord. Just listen to yourself. What you described is the very definition of an unfounded rumor

He didn't "report" a damn thing. This isn't a news site

Look, you are ok with spreading rumors. That's your choice. But that's all it is. It's clear the spreading of these rumors didn't help a thing and most likely made things worse

Do whatever you need to justify that in your mind, but at least be honest and stop spinning it. Call all this what is really is.

Speculation and rumors

Once we are all honest about what it is maybe we can talk about how it helps or hurts a program.

"Reporting". lol

Good lord. Report-give a spoken or written account of something that one has observed, heard, done, or investigated. That word isn’t exclusive to media only. Brush up on definitions before trying to hammer someone. Look like a fool

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 05:01 PM
If my boss tells me they're letting me go and we start negotiating a severance package, am I going to go ballistic if I find out they've already looked for someone to fill my job? Hell no, of course they want someone to fill my role the second I leave. Of course they aren't going to wait till I'm gone to start taking resumes.

It makes no sense why Moorhead would expect us to waste valuable time in getting a new coach. As soon as a AD thinks a change might be made he should get on looking for a new coach. As soon as he knows a change will be made he should start negotiating the new coach's contract to get him in here ASAP. Moorhead is extremely emotional AND ignorant of how his own coaching world works.

Did I say he was told he definitely being let go? No I said negotiating in case of an EB loss which is one thing but hearing we have a replacement already lined up is totally different than believing he still has a game to win to salvage his job

MarketingBully
11-30-2019, 05:02 PM
The fact that the asshole wouldn’t take Xavier Hill’s commitment and let him commit to LSU is all you need to know. He should have been fired. We got ourselves a Rick Ray situation fellas. I’ll cheer for MSU football but I hate Joe Moorhead.

Lord McBuckethead
11-30-2019, 05:03 PM
I appreciate a good rumor that comes from a trusted person. No need to apologize. I just hope State can figure out a way to bridge the divide now. Not sure how they do it, but they have major damage control on their hands.

Win 17n games.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 05:05 PM
I like rumors. What I dont care for is nebulous bs. Like, change is coming. The next 48 hours are going to be big. Hes gone.
If you need to hold info, hold it. If you just want to be general, say I heard a rumor. Folks can say what they want, but I think if we were wanting to make a change, when the price went to almost 8 million, the money guys flinched

maroonmania

Probably true, he got the luxury of facing 2 of the worst, most talent depleted OM teams he will ever see in his first 2 years due to the probation impacts.

the_real_MSU_is_us
I mean what the hell are we doing here? Just fire his ass and give him the full buyout. I don’t see how we’re saving face especially when we do the exact same thing next year.

But that would be an extra $2-3M! Much better to lose 3x that in revenue, have worse recruiting (who wants to commit to a lame duck HC?) have another year of a bad product on the field, have bad player development (Why would Joe care about developing players if he won't be here next year?), have our national brand degraded, and have less donations due to people wanting to be clear this is unacceptable. THEN we can fire him for $4M instead of $6.5M!

Coach34
11-30-2019, 05:06 PM
To piggyback off it- after he won to get to 6-6 with a 2nd Egg- Joe demanded the full buyout which added almost 3MM more. Thats when some spines got soft about firing a 6-6 coach.

That is what was passed on to me. Like it, dont like it. Be mad. IDGAF. For us to wait 2 days to even confirm he was returning tells you something was going on. If nothing had been happening- Cohen confirms it Thursday night he was returning. He didnt

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 05:06 PM
Did I say he was told he definitely being let go? No I said negotiating in case of an EB loss which is one thing but hearing we have a replacement already lined up is totally different than believing he still has a game to win to salvage his job

But the insiders here didn't even say he was gone for sure either way! Some implied it but the only thing they said (much less agreed on) was that he was gone with a loss.

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 05:08 PM
But the insiders here didn't even say he was gone for sure either way! Some implied it but the only thing they said (much less agreed on) was that he was gone with a loss.

I know but a name being put out there and enough smoke that we were making change still pissed him off. When an introvert gets pissed, it’s ugly.

Dawgfan77
11-30-2019, 05:09 PM
What y?all are missing is it ain?t the search it?s the fact A name got out. Let this be a lesson. Names should not be released before announcing the coach is gone. Pissed a bunch of people off and we kept joe

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 05:09 PM
To piggyback off it- after he won to get to 6-6 with a 2nd Egg- Joe demanded the full buyout which added almost 3MM more. Thats when some spines got soft about firing a 6-6 coach.

That is what was passed on to me. Like it, dont like it. Be mad. IDGAF. For us to wait 2 days to even confirm he was returning tells you something was going on. If nothing had been happening- Cohen confirms it Thursday night he was returning. He didnt

No doubt there was a war going on.

But like, why can't we get the money? We profit $10-15M every year, and Leo Seal supposedly gave us money for buyouts. The admin knows they'll lose far more than $3M in ticket sales alone if Joe is retained. Why couldn't we get it together?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 05:10 PM
What y?all are missing is it ain?t the search it?s the fact A name got out. Let this be a lesson. Names should not be released before announcing the coach is gone. Pissed a bunch of people off and we kept joe

So it's not the fact we fans know we're looking at coaches, it's the fact we fans heard the names of those coaches? That makes no sense

Now if I'm Cohen though I absolutely want people to believe the leaks are what the problem was. 1) it takes heat off of him and onto the leakers, and 2) it helps to shut down future leaks when they might actually be detrimental

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 05:12 PM

This. It's really not that hard to understand

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 05:14 PM
I know but a name being put out there and enough smoke that we were making change still pissed him off. When an introvert gets pissed, it’s ugly.

Who was putting a name out there except for the rumor circuit? MSU wasn't putting a name out there, Genespage/247 wasn't putting out a name either. So someone on twitter or a message board poster qualifies as putting a name out there?

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 05:15 PM
No doubt there was a war going on.

But like, why can't we get the money? We profit $10-15M every year, and Leo Seal supposedly gave us money for buyouts. The admin knows they'll lose far more than $3M in ticket sales alone if Joe is retained. Why couldn't we get it together?

We have the money, they just had to decide to use it. But this is the flip side of that, we have plenty of money for the buyout but we also have enough money to absorb a bad season as well. Not the city obviously but the budget can absorb a bad season. Again, if they so choose which they are gambling that it won’t be that bad.

Dawgfan77
11-30-2019, 05:18 PM

That with names being out there or a name better yet. We had people buckel It?s a shit show.

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 05:18 PM
Who was putting a name out there except for the rumor circuit? MSU wasn't putting a name out there, Genespage/247 wasn't putting out a name either. So someone on twitter or a message board poster qualifies as putting a name out there?

Man the coaching/AD world is small and agents are making/fielding a lot of calls this time of year. Heck, Moorehead’s agent was contacting Rutgers. Napier’s people was pushing if we made a change.

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 05:19 PM

A name got out by who? There were names being offered up everywhere on message boards and twitter. That constitutes a name getting out? Nobody will ever stop rumors on the internet.

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 05:21 PM
Man the coaching/AD world is small and agents are making/fielding a lot of calls this time of year. Heck, Moorehead’s agent was contacting Rutgers. Napier’s people was pushing if we made a change.

Ok, sure. Doesn't constitute a name "getting out".

MarketingBully
Could Moorhead go down as one of the most hated coaches of ours in any sport by his end? Cohen was an idiot for just hiring a coordinator instead of a great G5 coach. Why were our finalists for the job last time a bunch of coordinators?

Coach34
A name got out by who? There were names being offered up everywhere on message boards and twitter. That constitutes a name getting out? Nobody will ever stop rumors on the internet.

yeah I don't believe the name leaking changed anything. It was winning that game and demanding more millions to leave that did it

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 05:23 PM
Our admin turned this into a freaking clown show. 3 stoogesesque.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 05:25 PM
yeah I don't believe the name leaking changed anything. It was winning that game and demanding more millions to leave that did it

Yep just like everything in this world always follow the money.

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 05:25 PM
Ok, sure. Doesn't constitute a name "getting out".

Well I don’t know how much more I need to spell it out. Agents talk, AD’s talk, coaches talk, etc. It got out. Just like Mullen’s name got out when he was here and still our coach. Just like Rich Rod’s name not only got out but confirmed he was interviewing with USCe while still the Arizona coach. When it happens in season while you still have a coach in place, it can undermine that coach. Which I do understand. Especially since the win or loss in his last game was told to him would be the deciding factor. It pissed him off...hence the PC

PGHBulldogBG
11-30-2019, 05:28 PM
I’m not surprised by any means. Once Cohen couldn’t see that Neal Brown should’ve been our head coach when Mullen left then I was done with him and realized he knows nothing about football.

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Well I don’t know how much more I need to spell it out. Agents talk, AD’s talk, coaches talk, etc. It got out. Just like Mullen’s name got out when he was here and still our coach. Just like Rich Rod’s name not only got out but confirmed he was interviewing with USCe while still the Arizona coach. When it happens in season while you still have a coach in place, it can undermine that coach. Which I do understand. Especially since the win or loss in his last game was told to him would be the deciding factor. It pissed him off...hence the PC

So a name didn't get out publicy but we are just talking about Joe finding out about a name. The ONLY way this could have been an issue was if Moorhead thought he would only be bought out if he lost the Egg Bowl. That had to have been his understanding for this to have blown up.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 05:37 PM
I’m not surprised by any means. Once Cohen couldn’t see that Neal Brown should’ve been our head coach when Mullen left then I was done with him and realized he knows nothing about football.

C'mon now. There were plenty of other good candidates we could've hired. Norvell was one. Don't get so emotionally invested in one coach that you can't see other qualified candidates.

MarketingBully
11-30-2019, 05:38 PM

He took shitty advice from Stricklin. At least the ninja was trying to pull off Peterson before going to Mullen. You hire the best fit for the job not necessarily the hot coordinator. We could have gotten a number of hot names back then and they’d already be two years into building something instead of Mooridiot Moorproblems Mooron. A coordinator is a much much riskier proposition rather then a successful G5 coach that has southern ties.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 05:39 PM
Our admin turned this into a freaking clown show. 3 stoogesesque.

Cohen needs a new nickname. He sure as hell isn't the Intense Bastard anymore. My suggestions: Spineless Bastard or Virginia Slims Bitch

RougeDawg
11-30-2019, 05:49 PM
It?s one thing to be negotiating a buyout if you lose the EB and something totally different to find out the school possibly already has a replacement in place, when he still has a game to play. Possibly under cuts his ability to have a team ready to play if the players buy into the rumors as well and then it does cost him his job. An emotional win that was seconds away from OT and a possible loss just pushed him over the edge.

So what was the reason the team has not been ready to play for just about every team with a pulse?

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 05:57 PM
So what was the reason the team has not been ready to play for just about every team with a pulse?

He is in over his head and leads an undisciplined program