PDA

View Full Version : We're keeping him AND extending his contract!

CadaverDawg
11-30-2019, 02:02 PM
According to Delinger at SI. Unreal. Absolutely unreal.

Mjoelner34
11-30-2019, 02:03 PM
I'm done!

bluelightstar
11-30-2019, 02:04 PM
https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1200852106258898947

You stick your finger in the eyes of the fanbase, and see what you get. There won't be 40,000 people at half our games next year.

dawgday166
Wow .. just f***ing wow. WTF.

civildawg
The contract extension meanings absolutely nothing as long as the buyout stays the same or decreases. I am just afraid we will go 6-6 or 7-5 next year and we end up keeping him again. That?s my biggest fear

CadaverDawg
Intense Bastard my ass. I'm done.

starkvegasdawg
He has to have pics of Cohen humping Bully.

KOdawg1
11-30-2019, 02:05 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me

fader2103
11-30-2019, 02:05 PM
The Yankee beat the Good ole boys again.

calidawg
11-30-2019, 02:06 PM
Good. Glad our administration has the backbone to do the right thing. Again the online message board vocal minority does not speak for the majority.

Prentis
11-30-2019, 02:07 PM
WE ARE 17'ED, SPINELESS BASTARDS...

defiantdog
The contract extension meanings absolutely nothing as long as the buyout stays the same or decreases. I am just afraid we will go 6-6 or 7-5 next year and we end up keeping him again. That?s my biggest fear
Horrible schedule next year including a lot of upper class men leaving..... we are not going to be a good team next year. 6 wins may be the ceiling.

ShotgunDawg
Boycott this program. Just awful awful leadership.

jacksondawg
Time to clean house president ad compliance and whoever else is in charge of making decisions for this university

the_real_MSU_is_us
I"m out. I"m emailing Cohen and Keenum saying I will not support ANY MSU SPORT as long as Joe is there. Zero tickets will be bought by me. Maximum $$$ impact

Huntsville Dawg
Screw this man! This season was one of the hardest I've had to watch in recent years. I guess we can expect more of the same next year.

JPdog
11-30-2019, 02:08 PM
We’re exactly what Ole Miss accuses us of being. Only concerned about if we can beat them, and if we do all is well. The Egg Bowl was an amazing experience being there, and I’ll never regret rooting for us to win, but it’s just sad we have leadership that is content with mediocrity.

Rex54
JoeMo was correct, it’s HIS program from here until he’s gone. Once again we have the most cucked “cigar boys”, admin, etc in the Power 5. Embarrassing. The mother****er threw double birds at the fanbase and this is his reward. I’m OUT. Enjoy your program, Douche.

fader2103
Lower season ticket prices!!'

CadaverDawg
11-30-2019, 02:09 PM
Cohen should be fired over this. Get ready for the Croom years boys. Let me know how they go because I'm now done with football until joe and possibly John are gone

gtowndawg
11-30-2019, 02:10 PM
Ridiculous. Only at M State.

Cooterpoot
Tried to tell you. And I?ll tell you this too, Moorhead gets 4 years barring a total shit show.

bluelightstar
Tried to tell you. And I’ll you this too, Moorhead gets 4 years barring a total shit show.

Well, the shit show is coming. We are going to be terrible next year.

BrunswickDawg
Lower season ticket prices!!'

They won't be able to give them away

calidawg
11-30-2019, 02:11 PM

Good riddance then. True leadership doesnt bow to petty message board echo chambers. Took real spine to do the right thing and give Joe the chance to learn from his deficiencies and work to improve the program. With his recruiting future is bright and we will be set up for another big run in 2 years.

vv83
11-30-2019, 02:12 PM
I guess it's official now? My god

Maridian Dawg
Moor empty seats. Moor losses. Moor unpreparedness. Moor lack of discipline. Moor mediocrity. Moor regression.

msstate7
Miss state football about to resemble miss state basketball in fan support

parabrave

6-6 next year will get him a 5 year deal.

Cooterpoot
11-30-2019, 02:13 PM
Well, the shit show is coming. We are going to be terrible next year.

Have you seen our schedule? Six wins will not be difficult.

KB21
11-30-2019, 02:13 PM
Good riddance then. True leadership doesnt bow to petty message board echo chambers. Took real spine to do the right thing and give Joe the chance to learn from his deficiencies and work to improve the program. With his recruiting future is bright and we will be set up for another big run in 2 years.

I've yet to hear you state a single thing we can hang our hat on with Joe. Tell me how he influences the game in a positive way.

You have to be family or something, because only a family member can be this damn blind when it comes to see how terrible this guy is as a head coach.

gravedigger
11-30-2019, 02:14 PM

Don?t kid yourself shotgun. You don?t have the balls to walk away from the attention you so crave on this board.

ckDOG
What?s the buyout clause going to look like? That?s all that matters here

Ezsoil

You stick your finger in the eyes of the fanbase, and see what you get. There won't be 40,000 people at half our games next year.
Wanna bet?

msstate7
11-30-2019, 02:15 PM
Had Elijah Moore not acted a fool, Moorhead might have ended up fired. Instead, Moorhead is extended, and our AD is pleased. How pathetic is that

LoneStarDawg
Ha! Then all sources give credit to Rosebowl for breaking story!

defiantdog
I?m not retaining my season tickets..... the games have not been worth it this year. Concessions are awful, lines are awful, coach is awful..... at least my 3 year old can watch cartoons on saturdays now.

DogsofAnarchy
11-30-2019, 02:16 PM
Good. Glad our administration has the backbone to do the right thing. Again the online message board vocal minority does not speak for the majority.

Once again you liberaled up bastard. The majority, vocal or not, want him gone.

bluelightstar
Wanna bet?

Well, there were barely 40,000 people at K-State, USM, ACU, or Kentucky already. So yeah, I don't think that's much of a stretch...

RiverCityDawg
Dammit. Well, the "extension" is a formality if you keep him, but I hope they at least reduce the buyout as part of the deal to extend.

Coach34

this was said before this past season when people mentioned K-State and Tennessee as sure wins.

Saltydog
11-30-2019, 02:17 PM
Wrong. People tend to be very short sighted. They're banking on everyone being emotional right now and hoping things cool off between now and next fall. I haven't and won't forget but I will cut my BDC contributions down to the bare minimum.

Rex54
Cohen should be fired over this. Get ready for the Croom years boys. Let me know how they go because I'm now done with football until joe and possibly John are gone

johncohen@athletics.msstate.edu

HancockCountyDog
Wait -I was told done deal by more than one poster?

vv83
11-30-2019, 02:18 PM
I just don't understand. Can anyone "in the know" confirm we ACTUALLY did have Napier lined up and ready to go? I'm starting to think we didn't talk to anyone at all. I just can't imagine we were at the point that we actually had our next coach lined up and ready to go and we back tracked all off of what an ole miss player did to gift us a win. We weren't winning that game if it went to OT. I'm absolutely flabbergasted we can let such an important and enduring decision ride on an ole miss player gifting us a W.

If the Napier stuff was overblown and we actually weren't talking with anyone and keeping him was up in the air still... then okay that's something else. But having our next coach lined up and ready to go, plan in place, etc and then backtracking over the luckiest ending over one game is asinine. I'm sick even thinking about it if true, we let an ole miss players actions dictate keeping him.

defiantdog
11-30-2019, 02:18 PM
this was said before this past season when people mentioned K-State and Tennessee as sure wins.

@NC State and @Kentucky...... not to mention that Tulane has a chance to beat us. 6 wins is the ceiling next year.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Our admin has now shown we're not serious about winning in football. Welcome back to the croom years

msstate7
11-30-2019, 02:20 PM
Wait -I was told done deal by more than one poster?

You were right. Enjoy watching us become Arkansas

DownwardDawg
11-30-2019, 02:20 PM

Of all the fans I talk to, none of them are message board folks. 100% of them want Moorehead gone. Our program is in serious trouble now. Serious trouble. It becomes a total rebuild next year.

calidawg
11-30-2019, 02:21 PM
I've yet to hear you state a single thing we can hang our hat on with Joe. Tell me how he influences the game in a positive way.

You have to be family or something, because only a family member can be this damn blind when it comes to see how terrible this guy is as a head coach.

Because I'm practical? Joe is an intelligent coach who was a bit shell shocked by the SEC. Hes never had a losing season at state, is 2-0 in egg bowls. Hes earned the right to a 3rd year. It's crazy I have to convince people this. People want us to become a coaching factory. I will fight for our program not to become a poor man's Tennessee. A coach at MSU should never be fired after his 2nd year for back to back bowl games and 2-0 against OM its that simple!

DDawg
I just don't understand. Can anyone "in the know" confirm we ACTUALLY did have Napier lined up and ready to go? I'm starting to think we didn't talk to anyone at all. I just can't imagine we were at the point that we actually had our next coach lined up and ready to go and we back tracked all off of what an ole miss player did to gift us a win. We weren't winning that game if it went to OT. I'm absolutely flabbergasted we can let such an important and enduring decision ride on an ole miss player gifting us a W.

If the Napier stuff was overblown and we actually weren't talking with anyone and keeping him was up in the air still... then okay that's something else. But having our next coach lined up and ready to go, plan in place, etc and then backtracking over the luckiest ending over one game is asinine. I'm sick even thinking about it if true, we let an ole miss players actions dictate keeping him.

If you think anyone here is really in the know and could truly confirm anything about this shitshow of a process after what has unfolded you're more ignorant than they are.

bluelightstar
This extension is going to look really ridiculous in a month when we score 10 points in a bowl game loss to Indiana.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 02:22 PM

No it isn't:

1) OM- had to have home field advantage and still it should have gone to OT. OM will have homefield and Plumlee will be better. And, it's reasonable to expect further regression under Joe.

2) Kentucky would have beaten us with Bowden at QB, or at least made it closer than they did. Even then, they dropped literally 3 TDs so the game was much close than the score made it look. We won with homefield advantage too, which they'll have. Lastly, looking at their roster I expect them to improve next year as we, again, regress.

3) Mizzou and NCState are toss ups. NCState is down this year, but is usually a top 30 team, AND they have homefield.

That's 2 loses to teams we beat this year, NCState probably gives us the same L KState did, and Mizzou may very well give us the same L TN did.

That's 4-8/5-7. Who else are we beating? A&M? Auburn? there's going to be no upsets under Joe. I'm calling 5-7

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 02:22 PM

That?s not true. He and Cohen had the backing but it is not close 100% of the donors on board. Has nothing to do with a large segment of the base that wants a change. But you are just a shill for a portion of the supports.

Political Hack
11-30-2019, 02:23 PM
I think there's a few people still raising hell, but it looks like the administration has dug in. Herd that from 3-4 different places now. Also, I don't think this one is on Cohen as much as it is Keenum. I've never really been impressed with him, but I've also never been overly critical of him. That changes now. He's destroyed us academically and is now looking to do the same to our biggest athletics program. His mismanagement of compliance issues (reports to him, not athletics) and the circus that's existed with our head coaches during his tenure have been absolutely awful. "Mullen's leaving. No he's not. Yep, he did." "We got Joe. He's great. No he's not." "We're firing Joe. Wait, no we're not." I'm not even going to get into Rick Ray basketball/AAU fiasco or the dugout sexting sessions because they're largely irrelevant compared to the economic engine of the university, which he just flushed down the damn drain.

Dawgology
11-30-2019, 02:23 PM
John Cohen = Larry Templeton 2.0.

Problem is that our money folks only care about beating Ole Miss so they can pick on their business associates during the off season. They will be crying in their wallets next season when the stadium is empty, 5-7 season, and we get stomped at Ole Miss. What a bunch of dumb ass little bitches.

Cooterpoot
11-30-2019, 02:24 PM

And we got to six wins. Six wins gets him four years.

vv83
11-30-2019, 02:25 PM
If you think anyone here is really in the know and could truly confirm anything about this shitshow of a process after what has unfolded you're more ignorant than they are.

Solid 4th post, great job man.

If Napier was being called and interviewed multiple people know about it. Who knows if it comes out but more than just JC and Napier know

Saltydog
11-30-2019, 02:27 PM

We thought that this year too, didn't we? With this staff, nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Percho
11-30-2019, 02:28 PM
I will say this. I hope Jo has learned some things about himself and about coaching, however he still has to prove to me that he can coach offensive football, because I have not seen it. That said I believe Cohen should have stated after the Alabama game that we were keeping him, just to shut down the crap.

vv83
I think there's a few people still raising hell, but it looks like the administration has dug in. Herd that from 3-4 different places now. Also, I don't think this one is NOT on Cohen as much as it is Keenum. I've never really been impressed with him, but I've also never been overly critical of him. That changes now. He's destroyed us academically and is now looking to do the same to our biggest athletics program. His mismanagement of compliance issues (reports to him, not athletics) and the circus that's existed with our head coaches during his tenure have been absolutely awful. "Mullen's leaving. No he's not. Yep, he did." "We got Joe. He's great. No he's not." "We're firing Joe. Wait, no we're not." I'm not even going to get into Rick Ray basketball/AAU fiasco or the dugout sexting sessions because they're largely irrelevant compared to the economic engine of the university, which he just flushed down the damn drain.

As huge as football is the academics portion scares me the most as well. I completely agree with you, Keenum has not excelled here and just for that reason I wish him gone. I know we got it back, but losing R1 status was an embarrassment on his part.

Cooterpoot
No it isn't:

1) OM- had to have home field advantage and still it should have gone to OT. OM will have homefield and Plumlee will be better. And, it's reasonable to expect further regression under Joe.

2) Kentucky would have beaten us with Bowden at QB, or at least made it closer than they did. Even then, they dropped literally 3 TDs so the game was much close than the score made it look. We won with homefield advantage too, which they'll have. Lastly, looking at their roster I expect them to improve next year as we, again, regress.

3) Mizzou and NCState are toss ups. NCState is down this year, but is usually a top 30 team, AND they have homefield.

That's 2 loses to teams we beat this year, NCState probably gives us the same L KState did, and Mizzou may very well give us the same L TN did.

That's 4-8/5-7. Who else are we beating? A&M? Auburn? there's going to be no upsets under Joe. I'm calling 5-7

New Mexico St, Tulane, OM, KY, AR, NC St, MO, AL A&M are 8 winnable games. Not saying we will win them. Both they are winnable. It?s not a tough schedule.

parabrave
11-30-2019, 02:29 PM
Just talked to a former player and he is stunned Moorhead is being retained. He thought it was a joke.

Msujd164
11-30-2019, 02:30 PM
I?m so GD pissed

TUSK
11-30-2019, 02:30 PM
This extension is going to look really ridiculous in a month when we score 10 points in a bowl game loss to Indiana.

Dayum,,,, +1

PMDawg
11-30-2019, 02:31 PM

True Leadership? What a crock. The only place these idiots are leading us is over the cliff. At least I know you'll be one of the ones following them over it. Small consolation.

Commercecomet24
Just talked to a former player and he is stunned Moorhead is being retained. He thought it was a joke.

Yep a lot of folks feeling the same. Heck there's some current players that are stunned that he's back

BuckyIsAB****
Our admin has now shown we're not serious about winning in football. Welcome back to the croom years

That is exactly what they just told everyone. We tucked it between our legs and got bitched out by an underachiever who has done nothing but make excuses

DownwardDawg
New Mexico St, Tulane, OM, KY, AR, NC St, MO, AL A&M are 8 winnable games. Not saying we will win them. Both they are winnable. It?s not a tough schedule.

I see 6-6 at best. Much more likely is 5-7 and then start over with a new coach.

parabrave

So was KY, Fla, UT, LSU, KSU who we lost to with better talent than we will have next year/

vv83
So when will we find out what the terms are of his extension? Not only the monetary/buyout figures but also things such as new S&C and ST coach? OC? Etc

DDawg
11-30-2019, 02:32 PM
Solid 4th post, great job man.

If Napier was being called and interviewed multiple people know about it. Who knows if it comes out but more than just JC and Napier know

Well yeah, everyone knows Joe is out after the Egg Bowl and were bringing in the almighty Billy Napier! Announced at the presser if we win, or day after if we lose! INSIDER INFO! SOURCES INSIDE THE PROGRAM CONFIRM, WE ALREADY HAVE THE NEXT GUY LINED UP BUT I CANT GIVE A NAME DUE TO FAMILY, PERSONAL REASONS!!!! ITS COMING, ROSEBOWL TWEET WAS JUST A SMOKESCREEN FROM THE SAME FOLKS WHO THROUGH CHIZIKS NAME IN THE MIX! SEE YA JOE!!!!

btw, I want to see joe gone just as much as anyone but this whole insider info, sources confirm debacle about this thing has turned into more of a joke than us retaining him.

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 02:32 PM
Dammit. Well, the "extension" is a formality if you keep him, but I hope they at least reduce the buyout as part of the deal to extend.

If the buyout actually goes down then I don't really see what the extension is good for but I guess it looks good on paper to recruits.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2019, 02:34 PM
You were right. Enjoy watching us become Arkansas

Whoa, there is a big difference in being right and being happy.

Here is the difference, I didn?t pretend to actually have real knowledge of a situation. I looked at what we did historically and what we would do if we won the game and how much a lot of our fan base and administration puts into the egg bowl.

I think he should be fired, but I knew we wouldn?t fire him if we won the egg bowl.

PMDawg
11-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Can anyone "in the know" confirm.

LMAO! There are still people who believe that anyone "in the know" actually posts on here!

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 02:36 PM
"Sources"... Hahaha! Those have burned us in recruiting ("AJ will be a Dawg"), during the OM/NCAA fiasco and now this bullshit. And just like an eager housewife watching soap operas, I keep getting sucked in.

Coach34
11-30-2019, 02:37 PM
you guys can go kick rocks!!!

msstate7
11-30-2019, 02:38 PM
Whoa, there is a big difference in being right and being happy.

Here is the difference, I didn?t pretend to actually have real knowledge of a situation. I looked at what we did historically and what we would do if we won the game and how much a lot of our fan base and administration puts into the egg bowl.

I think he should be fired, but I knew we wouldn?t fire him if we won the egg bowl.

Gotcha. I apologize for thinking you're a pro-joe guy... i'd shoot someone for accusing me of that lol

gravedigger

What process was that exactly?

the_real_MSU_is_us
johncohen@athletics.msstate.edu

Just emailed him. Told him that me and none of my State alum relatives intends on attending a single game as long as Joe is the coach, and that it's inexcusable as an AD to value political power with certain boosters over doing what's right for the university. It's like a corrupt cop overlooking politicians' crimes in exchange for an endorsement

PMDawg
11-30-2019, 02:41 PM

Lol

RougeDawg
11-30-2019, 02:43 PM
Sorry to burst some of you beating you chests because this whole thing did a 180 in the last 48 hours, but there was a plan in place and multiple phone interviews had taken place. Most of the names you have seen mentioned here. Cheesedick was trying real hard. Napier was front runner. Multiple other program Head Coaches reach out too. Think about some of the current successful non P5 spread option teams(the academies). We had our chance to make a move before others next season. This will set us back half a decade at least.

Thank Johnny no spine Cohen. The main excuse I heard from a reliable media source was ?how can you fire a 6-6 coach who went to two bowls.? Apparently that?s all our AD and some money boys care about. Not pissing away 2-3 wins last year and 2-3 wins this year.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 02:43 PM
Moor Shitshow 2020. I would say it's unbelievable, except it is. Looks like I totally nailed the Cohen as AD hire. The Virginia Slims are a malignant cancer to this university.

As others have noted, we are EXACTLY what Northern Miss accuses us of being: Little Brother, only concerned with beating them. A place where 1-11 is indeed good enough if the 1 is Northern Miss. Thursday was the worst, most costly loss in MSU history.

Was the business community in Starkville even considered in making this decision? Because I'd bet big money they're furious and sick right now. Jughead gave everyone here the double bird and hit the jackpot. This decision will literally cost people their livelihood. I bet a half full stadium is optimistic. Starkville is going to be a ghost town next fall. That means a significant decline in revenue for people dependent on strong attendance.

I give up. We are not a serious football program. We're a club team masquerading as an SEC program. There's no point in emotionally investing in MSU football until there's a change in leadership way above Jughead.

We need to clean house of Cohen at a minimum. Maybe even Keenum. Unfortunately there's no way to get rid of the Virginia Slims and they're the real problem.

MSU: Where the soon to be 2020s are STILL the 1980s.

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 02:45 PM
Sorry to burst some of you beating you chests because this whole thing did a 180 in the last 48 hours, but there was a plan in place and multiple phone interviews had taken place.

lol

Rex54
11-30-2019, 02:45 PM
Email Cohen. Flood his inbox. Create sock accounts and send 9-10 from different addresses. Make it known what’s about to happen to fan support!

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 02:46 PM
Sorry to burst some of you beating you chests because this whole thing did a 180 in the last 48 hours, but there was a plan in place and multiple phone interviews had taken place. Most of the names you have seen mentioned here. Cheesedick was trying real hard. Napier was front runner. Multiple other program Head Coaches reach out too. Think about some of the current successful non P5 spread option teams(the academies). We had our chance to make a move before others next season. This will set us back half a decade at least.

Thank Johnny no spine Cohen. The main excuse I heard from a reliable media source was ?how can you fire a 6-6 coach who went to two bowls.? Apparently that?s all our AD and some money boys care about. Not pissing away 2-3 wins last year and 2-3 wins this year.

Maybe all of us should've kept our heads in the sand. Sources... lolz.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 02:46 PM
Because I'm practical? Joe is an intelligent coach who was a bit shell shocked by the SEC. Hes never had a losing season at state, is 2-0 in egg bowls. Hes earned the right to a 3rd year. It's crazy I have to convince people this. People want us to become a coaching factory. I will fight for our program not to become a poor man's Tennessee. A coach at MSU should never be fired after his 2nd year for back to back bowl games and 2-0 against OM its that simple!
This is exactly correct.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 02:47 PM
I think there's a few people still raising hell, but it looks like the administration has dug in. Herd that from 3-4 different places now. Also, I don't think this one is NOT on Cohen as much as it is Keenum. I've never really been impressed with him, but I've also never been overly critical of him. That changes now. He's destroyed us academically and is now looking to do the same to our biggest athletics program. His mismanagement of compliance issues (reports to him, not athletics) and the circus that's existed with our head coaches during his tenure have been absolutely awful. "Mullen's leaving. No he's not. Yep, he did." "We got Joe. He's great. No he's not." "We're firing Joe. Wait, no we're not." I'm not even going to get into Rick Ray basketball/AAU fiasco or the dugout sexting sessions because they're largely irrelevant compared to the economic engine of the university, which he just flushed down the damn drain.

You cant say this. I've been saying it for years. Keenum is a circus Barker and idiots eat it up. He has destroyed our academic reputation but by god he can talk shit after an egg bowl. He is the one who should be fired, not John

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 02:48 PM
For once we are not doing what we have always done. At least the administration is. The fans here are doing EXACTLY what we have always done. When we don't get our way we start trying to tear down everything till we do. Some of you actually need to read what you are posting. It's disgusting.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2019, 02:48 PM
This is exactly correct.

It was correct in 1989 but not now. I've never seen a weaker beta move than this. Betas think alike. Alphas dominate

trojandawg
11-30-2019, 02:49 PM
Him and Cohen can both be gone

Jack Lambert
11-30-2019, 02:50 PM
Horrible schedule next year including a lot of upper class men leaving..... we are not going to be a good team next year. 6 wins may be the ceiling.

Why is our schedule more horrible? We played 9 bowl teams this season. The only difference will be Tulane, Missouri, New Mexico and NC State. Going into today NC State has only four wins and NM has two. Missouri has six and Tulane going into today has six wins facing SMU.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 02:50 PM
For once we are not doing what we have always done. At least the administration is. The fans here are doing EXACTLY what we have always done. When we don't get our way we start trying to tear down everything till we do. Some of you actually need to read what you are posting. It's disgusting.

When did we tear it all down and it not be beneficial?

Can you name a couple instances?

DDawg
11-30-2019, 02:54 PM

I believe this 200%, hate it didnt happen. No doubt in my mind Billy Napier could have been our bear bryant. Tell your source to pass on more info as it becomes available.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 02:56 PM
It was correct in 1989 but not now. I've never seen a weaker beta move than this. Betas think alike. Alphas dominate

Right again.

gravedigger
11-30-2019, 02:56 PM

Based on what sources?

KB21
11-30-2019, 02:57 PM

We aren't the ones who decided to keep this substandard head coach. By keeping him, we have set our football program back at least a half decade.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 02:58 PM

Well said and agree completely

Complete clusters all over the place

BogeyGolfer
11-30-2019, 03:02 PM
According to Delinger at SI. Unreal. Absolutely unreal.

I'm done, good luck supporting this shit show another year! I refuse to support this football program with terrible leadership in place.

RougeDawg
11-30-2019, 03:02 PM

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 03:03 PM
You cant say this. I've been saying it for years. Keenum is a circus Barker and idiots eat it up. He has destroyed our academic reputation but by god he can talk shit after an egg bowl. He is the one who should be fired, not John

Por que no los dos?

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 03:07 PM

Maybe all of us should've kept our heads in the sand. Sources... lolz x 2.

defiantdog
11-30-2019, 03:09 PM
Why is our schedule more horrible? We played 9 bowl teams this season. The only difference will be Tulane, Missouri, New Mexico and NC State. Going into today NC State has only four wins and NM has two. Missouri has six and Tulane going into today has six wins facing SMU.
@NC State and @Kentucky next year..... Tulane and Missouri can potentially out score us. We averaged 22 points per game this year. We?re not going to win many games and we?ll be having this discussion again this time next year.

DDawg
11-30-2019, 03:15 PM
Maybe all of us should've kept our heads in the sand. Sources... lolz x 2.

Just because you keep saying something doesnt make it any less TRUE! SEE JOE MO IS GONE THREADS! NAPIER INCOMING, WHEELS IN MOTION JUST SIT BACK AND RELAX BOYS!
in
I for one have inside information that we are only making this announcement so that joe will be motivated to win another bowl against a mediocre team and he will in fact be fired after bowl. Will be announced out at the press conference after a win, or day after with a loss. I would love to tell yall the name of the replacement here, but those who know me know that for personal/family reasons I am unable to disclose that sensitive information on an internet message board.

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 03:16 PM
To me, there are some justifications to give him one more year, but Moorhead made the situation SO toxic by running his mouth and showing his ass at the press conference. That is my biggest issue. Basically set himself against the fanbase and our football program is NOT his. He manages it but its the university's program. Moorhead's portraying the same egotistical garbage that got me ticked with Ron Polk toward the end of his tenure. And Ron Polk had a lot bigger claim to think our baseball program was his than Moorhead could ever have with our football program.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 03:17 PM
When did we tear it all down and it not be beneficial?

Can you name a couple instances?

Stans, but that's not what I'm talking about. We make it impossible to ever turn it around by actively doing everything we can to make it worse. It's what you have been doing all year. Players and recruits read these boards. This one iS used against MSU. It's been printed offf and handed to recruits. It just needs to stop. You might be surprised what I actually think about Joe, but as long as he is coaching here I m going to support him as best I can. That's how I look at things like this. Go back and look at what I have posted about him this year. There is one thing you won't see much of at all, neither positive or negative. Some things are better left unsaid, in public.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 03:18 PM
To me, there are some justifications to give him one more year, but Moorhead made the situation SO toxic by running his mouth and showing his ass at the press conference. That is my biggest issue. Basically set himself against the fanbase and our football program is NOT his. He manages it but its the university's program. Moorhead's portraying the same egotistical garbage that got me ticked with Ron Polk toward the end of his tenure. And Ron Polk had a lot bigger claim to think our baseball program was his than Moorhead could ever have with our football program.

There are a LOT of people who liked what he did at that PC.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 03:19 PM
Por que no los dos?

Because he answers to Keenum. He doesnt get to do this himself

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 03:22 PM

If they did they are not thinking much about the long term impact. That was a 'kiss my ass' on the way out the door PC not one to try and unite a program and fanbase going forward.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 03:24 PM
Stans, but that's not what I'm talking about. We make it impossible to ever turn it around by actively doing everything we can to make it worse. It's what you have been doing all year. Players and recruits read these boards. This one iS used against MSU. It's been printed offf and handed to recruits. It just needs to stop. You might be surprised what I actually think about Joe, but as long as he is coaching here I m going to support him as best I can. That's how I look at things like this. Go back and look at what I have posted about him this year. There is one thing you won't see much of at all, neither positive or negative. Some things are better left unsaid, in public.

So after Stans had players getting in fights, he's the only example that you can find to describe what we said was what MSU always did?

OLJWales
11-30-2019, 03:30 PM
You people hehawing about ED's insiders are self righteous pricks. They are a valuable resource to this board and non insiders like me appreciate them hanging out here.

Wanting JOMO replaced doesn't make you a message board hero or a detriment to MSU. We want to move forward because we're not forgetting 5 weeks as no 1. We KNOW what happens when a HC puts s&c at the top of their priority list and what happens when they don't.

We have decided that low tier football is acceptable and what we got from Mullen was just luck and we just need to be happy and accept our fate and historic futility.

Sad day to be a Bulldog. Napier was a proven hard ass, we had him and lost him due to an OM player doing #1 on our field.

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 03:32 PM
You people hehawing about ED's insiders are self righteous pricks. They are a valuable resource to this board

lol

They anrt valuable. The opposite actually. Because people like you know think Napier being a done deal was an absolute fact. That a $4 million buyout was agreed to

They DID NOT know that. You DO NOT know that

They create lies that people believe as fact. That isn't helping us. It causes people to believe things are final before they are and leads to blowups like this

It's a bunch of gossiping girls in the "I want it now" generation

Katdoc12
11-30-2019, 03:32 PM
I'll send the BC donation in rocks this year.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 03:34 PM
Just because you keep saying something doesnt make it any less TRUE! SEE JOE MO IS GONE THREADS! NAPIER INCOMING, WHEELS IN MOTION JUST SIT BACK AND RELAX BOYS!
in
I for one have inside information that we are only making this announcement so that joe will be motivated to win another bowl against a mediocre team and he will in fact be fired after bowl. Will be announced out at the press conference after a win, or day after with a loss. I would love to tell yall the name of the replacement here, but those who know me know that for personal/family reasons I am unable to disclose that sensitive information on an internet message board.

Sure ya do. We all have sources. Some think theirs wield more power than they do.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 03:36 PM
Because he answers to Keenum. He doesnt get to do this himself

Of course he doesn't do this BY HIMSELF, but then again neither does Keenum, so why should only 1 get the blame? At the end of the day hiring or firing Joe is the AD's responsibility. If we aren't going expect it to be his responsibility just fire him, hire a saleseman to raise funds ,and spend the 600k saved on coaching budgets because apparently the President makes all the decisions about coaches

DDawg
11-30-2019, 03:37 PM
You people hehawing about ED's insiders are self righteous pricks. They are a valuable resource to this board and non insiders like me.

Big distinction between ED insiders and non-insiders like yourself. Thank you for understanding that. I will continue to pass on my sources information as it becomes available so that you will be included in the loop. You are welcome.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 03:39 PM
I'll send the BC donation in rocks this year.

That's actually a good idea. Send literal rocks to the AD's office with a note that the coach told me to kick these so that's all the contribution I'm giving this year

TimberBeast
11-30-2019, 03:47 PM

No there aren’t, maybe about three on this board. Most are extremely pissed about what he did.

Westdawg
11-30-2019, 03:48 PM

I see 2-3 that are no doubt wins, that includes Arky - and if they hire a competent coach/staff, that may change.
OM - will be improved on offensive side, lose some key pieces on defense.
Tulane - will not be a cakewalk with Fritz and staff another year in the system
NC State - decent team that we "should" match up well with, but they are a 7-8 win team
MO - they have had a decent team since joining the conference - yes it's the East, but doubt notch that as a sure fire until we can prove we can score on someone in conference with a pulse
KY - good team this year that only got better as season went on. They will play above their weight with us next year - but it may be us playing out of our own weight class. I think we lose this one.
UNM/Ala A&M - only two sure fire wins in that group of 8 you listed

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 03:48 PM
Big distinction between ED insiders and non-insiders like yourself. Thank you for understanding that. I will continue to pass on my sources information as it becomes available so that you will be included in the loop. You are welcome.

Your 8th post! Thanks for all that previous insider info. There's an equal chance you're a landshark.

bobtail bob
11-30-2019, 03:52 PM
I graduated almost thirty years ago. They have got my last dollar until Keenum , Jughead and Cohen are sent out on their ass. I knew that picture of Cohen, Sankey , Templeton and Keenum together last week was a bad omen. They may be bootlickers for SEC money but not me

Katdoc12
11-30-2019, 03:57 PM
That's actually a good idea. Send literal rocks to the AD's office with a note that the coach told me to kick these so that's all the contribution I'm giving this year
Exactly! I think it would be great for them to end up with an office full of rocks!

WildDawg
11-30-2019, 03:58 PM
Email Cohen. Flood his inbox. Create sock accounts and send 9-10 from different addresses. Make it known what?s about to happen to fan support!

I?m sure he has his junk mail filter on high (not saying your email would be, but he just won?t read it)

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 04:04 PM
I?m sure he has his junk mail filter on high (not saying your email would be, but he just won?t read it)

Yeah I mean he knows season ticket sales will literally drop 50% and attendance will plummet, I doubt having angry emails is going to make him start caring about the fans. But it's all we can do

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 04:08 PM

Small minority who actually wanted it for a FU power play. Cohen and Keenum was putting out fires from donors who were backing Joe over that PC. It pissed a majority off. Even some of the ones who had Cohen?s back

bobtail bob
11-30-2019, 04:11 PM
What must happen for Cohen to be fired ?

DLGDawg
11-30-2019, 04:14 PM

100 dislike to 1 like. That?s the correct ratio.
My statement is just as accurate as yours. Prove me wrong!!

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 04:16 PM
What must happen for Cohen to be fired ?

Real question is how do we fire the cigar boys on Cohen’s side?

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 04:20 PM
Small minority who actually wanted it for a FU power play. Cohen and Keenum was putting out fires from donors who were backing Joe over that PC. It pissed a majority off. Even some of the ones who had Cohen?s back

It should have pissed everyone off for him to do that in a public post-game press conference where we won no less. Childish, unprofessional, and totally destructive to the program. Definitely a cutting your nose off to spite your face move by JoMo.

Dawgtini
11-30-2019, 04:23 PM

Give him an extension!!!

CadaverDawg
11-30-2019, 04:24 PM
It should have pissed everyone off for him to do that in a public post-game press conference where we won no less. Childish, unprofessional, and totally destructive to the program. Definitely a cutting your nose off to spite your face move by JoMo.

Shows how stupid our fan base is that so many "liked it". Living up to our ranking as dumbest state

Saltydog
11-30-2019, 04:26 PM
We didn't lose Napier due to the antics of the pisser. We lost Napier due to a spineless, incompetent administration.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 04:28 PM

Unfortunately, there's not a damn thing we can do to the Virginia Slims. Wait for them to die, as morbid and harsh as that sounds. But then their kids, who are probably just as bad, will take over.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 04:32 PM

Exactly, we have a problem to solve before we fire Joe: If Cohen is aligned with these idiots then these idiots will have a ton of say as far as the next coach and we're stacking bad fires back to back. OR, even if it's just Cohen, I don't trust that if he's not also working with the good boosters who'd go after say, Napier.

This is rotten to the core, it's not a simple as firing the coach and we're out of the woods

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 04:33 PM

This. He threw a tantrum like a little child. He looked childish and made us look like crap.

Lord McBuckethead
11-30-2019, 04:38 PM

There wasn't that many this year. All of our early games will be at 11 again, and then when we drop a few of those our big games will be on espn 3 at 6:30 when it gets cold.

dawg24
11-30-2019, 04:42 PM
I'm in awe of how a man can underperform for two straight seasons with terrible losses against very beatable opponents, and then after barely beating a 4-7 team due to a missed extra point go to the press conference and tell the fans that they can go kick rocks and then get awarded another year. This is insanity!

HoopsDawg
11-30-2019, 05:01 PM
I think there's a few people still raising hell, but it looks like the administration has dug in. Herd that from 3-4 different places now. Also, I don't think this one is on Cohen as much as it is Keenum. I've never really been impressed with him, but I've also never been overly critical of him. That changes now. He's destroyed us academically and is now looking to do the same to our biggest athletics program. His mismanagement of compliance issues (reports to him, not athletics) and the circus that's existed with our head coaches during his tenure have been absolutely awful. "Mullen's leaving. No he's not. Yep, he did." "We got Joe. He's great. No he's not." "We're firing Joe. Wait, no we're not." I'm not even going to get into Rick Ray basketball/AAU fiasco or the dugout sexting sessions because they're largely irrelevant compared to the economic engine of the university, which he just flushed down the damn drain.

We didn't extend Mullen and pissed him off but we are extending Joe who insulted our entire fanbase? Wow we are dumb.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2019, 05:08 PM

We just won the Egg Bowl and Joe made the whole press conference about Joe. I've never heard so many pathetic excuses in my life. He brought up our record from 4 years ago. He brought up our history. He made fun of MSU fans saying we thought he inherited the 85 Bears. He brought up the tutorgate 10 even though it was only 3. He brought up our injury to Stevens. He brought up the records of the teams we lost to. It was an embarrassment. Complete horseshit.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2019, 05:10 PM

He blasted last year's team indirectly. Took no accountablity. He actually called us po ole missippi state at the EGG bowl press conference and he's our CEO. Joke is on us b/c we are extending the MF.

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 05:11 PM
We didn't extend Mullen and pissed him off but we are extending Joe who insulted our entire fanbase? Wow we are dumb.

This^^^. I mean I agree with not extending Dan but at least he had a lot more chips to cash in and goodwill among donors at that time. The only way the extension makes any sense is we are making significant adjustments to the buyout

TaleofTwoDogs
11-30-2019, 05:16 PM

I think you got that backwards.