PDA

View Full Version : Take this for what its worth ( probably not much).

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2013, 11:45 AM
I heard after the UK game Mullen comes into the lockerroom fired up from the win and the team just looked at him like he was crazy. Sounds like the team has higher standards now than Mullen. Hopefully some locker room leaders step up and drive the team the next few games. I know Jackie relied on his players a lot like that.

Coach34
10-29-2013, 11:50 AM
I heard after the UK game Mullen comes into the lockerroom fired up from the win and the team just looked at him like he was crazy. Sounds like the team has higher standards now than Mullen. Hopefully some locker room leaders step up and drive the team the next few games. I know Jackie relied on his players a lot like that.

So what you are saying is:

Mullen came in fired up after winning but the players showed little emotion. But you want some leaders to step up and show the same emotion as Mullen? If our players arent happy after winning something is wrong.

Jack Lambert
10-29-2013, 11:51 AM

I think you are full of crap on this one.

MadDawg
10-29-2013, 11:59 AM
I heard Mullenz came in and told the team it would be the last game they would win this year, so they better enjoy it. Then he high-fived Bell, kicked Dak in the shin and ran out of the room screaming "it's our State! it's our State!!"

hacker
10-29-2013, 12:29 PM
so Mullen gets fired up, what EVERYONE has been complaining about for months, and you are trying to spin this into a negative?

engie
10-29-2013, 12:34 PM

Mullen came in fired up after winning but the players showed little emotion. But you want some leaders to step up and show the same emotion as Mullen? If our players arent happy after winning something is wrong.

You REALLY want our team to be "happy" after narrowly escaping a 2-10 team?

There is no reason to ra-ra after that win. Every great leader I've ever been around would be f'n pissed about our performance on Thursday. MORE pissed than our fans for sure.

If I was Devon Bell, I would have grabbed a bite to eat and been kicking field goals at the Seal building THAT NIGHT until I literally did it enough I that I felt like I was still doing it in my sleep. And would have continued that daily until it became instinctive...

maroonmania
10-29-2013, 12:34 PM

I would have expected them to be happy about winning but not very satisfied in the way they played. Our coaches and team HAVE to know that if the execution on our part doesn't step up dramatically that the next 3 ball games are NOT going to be pretty.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2013, 12:37 PM
You REALLY want our team to be "happy" after narrowly escaping a 2-10 team?

There is no reason to ra-ra after that win. Every great leader I've ever been around would be f'n pissed about our performance on Thursday. MORE pissed than our fans for sure.

Saban's head would have exploded after that win and he might have killed Bell with the death rays shooting from his eyes. But hey, that's Saban.

engie
10-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Saban's head would have exploded after that win and he might have killed Bell with the death rays shooting from his eyes. But hey, that's Saban.

That's "the system" that people somehow fail to copy. "Happiness" should come from the process of trying to be perfect on the field -- and the result of the game is inconsequential to that.

That's why, since Saban was fully initiated there, they don't really have let down games. Because it's not about the games. It's about performing your role perfectly. 22 guys on the field do that -- and the game takes care of itself.

CooterDavenport
10-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Thread hijack. One of my favorite Jackie stories is the one about him coming in before a big game and telling the team, "You guys aren't going to win this thing." And then they go out and pull off the upset. Anybody remember what game that was?

AROB44
10-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Just another "bash Mullen" subject. Some folks never get tired it.

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2013, 01:12 PM
I took it that Mullen was just glad to get a win. I don't blame him on that since any pressure on him would be ratcheted up if he lost to UK. I think it is a good sign if the team expects more from themselves.

I think if Mullen lets the team just play in the2nd half we can play with anyone, including Bama. It seems to me Mullen just tightens up in play calling and it is reflected on the field.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-29-2013, 01:25 PM

Did someone that was in the locker room tell you this?

Coach34
10-29-2013, 01:29 PM
I would have expected them to be happy about winning but not very satisfied in the way they played.

And how do you know this wasnt the case? You can be happy without being satisfied.

Happy? Getting a good looking blonde to talk with you and you run game.

Satisfied? Picking your clothes up off of her bedroom floor so you can get dressed to leave

Red Sox Dawg
I heard Mullenz came in and told the team it would be the last game they would win this year, so they better enjoy it. Then he high-fived Bell, kicked Dak in the shin and ran out of the room screaming "it's our State! it's our State!!"

Now that's funny.

Tbonewannabe
Friend at work has a friend whose cousin is on the team. Friend at work knows the guy on the team. Hence the title of the thread.

CJDAWG85
10-29-2013, 01:35 PM
The CDM show showed the team screaming the fight song at the end in the locker room. They looked fired up to me?

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Friend at work has a friend whose cousin is on the team. Friend at work knows the guy on the team. Hence the title of the thread.

I am assuming you are joking with this...what is this...fourth hand knowledge?

Barking 13
10-29-2013, 01:40 PM
The CDM show showed the team screaming the fight song at the end in the locker room. They looked fired up to me?
all five of them...

SnakePlissken
10-29-2013, 01:41 PM
The CDM show showed the team screaming the fight song at the end in the locker room. They looked fired up to me?Shhhh...the made up story played better for the anti-mullen crowd.

dawgs
10-29-2013, 03:09 PM
so Mullen gets fired up, what EVERYONE has been complaining about for months, and you are trying to spin this into a negative?

pretty big difference in showing emotion and getting after some asses when they don't play up to snuff and acting like you just beat bama or lsu because you barely hung on to beat the worst team in the conference.

i wouldn't want a coach that in year 5 celebrated Ws over the likes of kentucky, i'd want a coach chewing asses and showing emotion on the field when guys are playing in such a way that we damn near blew the game.

MadDawg
10-29-2013, 03:57 PM
I call complete bullshit on the notion that Mullen was acting like he just beat Bama or LSU after the KY game. Heaven forbid he showed ANY enjoyment from winning a game that most on here think he loses his job if he lost. But acting like he just beat a top 5 team? Complete and utter horseshit.

fishwater99
10-29-2013, 04:40 PM

+1

was21
10-29-2013, 05:52 PM
When a team wins, they feel pretty damn good about it right after the game is over...so I call BS on what you heard.

bulldawg28
10-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Guys are always happy after wins of not they're upset they didn't play. That could be the reason guys are unhappy about playing time.

HoopsDawg
10-29-2013, 07:30 PM
When a team wins, they feel pretty damn good about it right after the game is over...so I call BS on what you heard.

Did you ever play football? I got my ass chewed out after a couple of wins. It's all about expectations and performance. Sometimes I felt worse after a win than a loss.

scottycameron
10-29-2013, 07:36 PM

bear at work?

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2013, 08:14 PM
bear at work?

Guy that told me has bachelor and Masters from State and so does his sister. so not a bear.

chef dixon
10-29-2013, 10:06 PM
I bet the Juice Boys were fired up!!!!!!! JUICE

TUSK
10-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Ahem... That's "My Dark Lord Saban".... thank you...

Love the sig.