PDA

View Full Version : Guess it's time we start looking at firing Cohen

CadaverDawg
11-30-2019, 11:38 AM
We need an AD that has the balls to make necessary changes, regardless of media perception. Cohen clearly isn't that guy if we're hanging on to Joe Moorhead.

I was one of the first to say that Joe was in over his head last year, I got ripped for saying we should have cut bait early. This year proved even further that he was out of his league...and now John is still sitting on his hands because we were gifted a 6th win by a 4-8 Ole Miss team. I've said since early in the year that if John doesn't fire Joe, I'm all for firing John. Well that looks like where we're headed. I thought if anything John would be all about the wins and the physicality in football, but he has softened, bc as a leader if you can stand by and watch the baby shit team I watched all season and then give it a 3rd year, you're weak. Bye John, I hope if you're foolish enough to give this clown a 3rd year, you follow him out next Fall.

Y'all let me know how next season goes.

bulldawg28
11-30-2019, 11:40 AM
Agreed.

ckDOG
11-30-2019, 11:40 AM
Cohen is not making the decision to retain or buy out Moorhead after 2 years. He?s fair game to be picked on for the original hire but let?s not act like he has free reign to do as he pleases in 5-10M chunks.

MetEdDawg
11-30-2019, 11:42 AM
Why? Because a statement hasn't been released in the amount of time the fan base wanted?

You do realize our fan base is acting like teenage girls. Trying to find meaning in every little thing and attachingnour emotions to it.

It's been 36 hours since the Egg Bowl ended. We all collectively need to calm the hell down. It's Saturday and very possible our future HC is coaching today. Chill out people.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2019, 11:44 AM
Why? Because a statement hasn't been released in the amount of time the fan base wanted?

You do realize our fan base is acting like teenage girls. Trying to find meaning in every little thing and attachingnour emotions to it.

It's been 36 hours since the Egg Bowl ended. We all collectively need to calm the hell down. It's Saturday and very possible our future HC is coaching today. Chill out people.

He still has time to make the right decision. I just think he needs to know what the fans think if he chooses not to.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 11:44 AM
Cohen is not making the decision to retain or buy out Moorhead after 2 years. He?s fair game to be picked on for the original hire but let?s not act like he has free reign to do as he pleases in 5-10M chunks.

Too bad. He's the AD. It falls on his shoulders. Maybe he shouldn't have been a yes man with the wrong set of cigar boys. Cohen needs to go to tell the pro-Joe cigar boys they bet on the wrong horse and now have to pay the piper.

ckDOG
11-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Too bad. He's the AD. It falls on his shoulders. Maybe he shouldn't have been a yes man with the wrong set of cigar boys. Cohen needs to go to tell the pro-Joe cigar boys they bet on the wrong horse and now have to pay the piper.

If you are the guy that signs the buyout check, it becomes a little tougher decision to make. I?m not saying it shouldn?t be done, but it?s easy to write checks with other people?s money.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2019, 11:53 AM

This x 1,000,000!!!! I expect to hear something tonight or tomorrow.

BulldogBear
11-30-2019, 12:34 PM
This x 1,000,000!!!! I expect to hear something tonight or tomorrow.

Me too. I'm clinging to the hope that this isn't over yet and all we've seen so far is just part of the dance.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 12:55 PM

This. All the rioters on this site want someone else to pay 5-8 million. Sounds like Democrats. Always willing to spend someone else's money

gtowndawg
11-30-2019, 01:02 PM
Only thing I can assume is we technically have the money but it will delay something else in the athletic department (ex: indoor tennis). Total guess but millions of dollars will probably impact another area to some extent.

msbulldog
11-30-2019, 01:09 PM
If nothing happens by the Monday afternoon press conference start worrying.

msbulldog
11-30-2019, 01:11 PM
Only thing I can assume is we technically have the money but it will delay something else in the athletic department (ex: indoor tennis). Total guess but millions of dollars will probably impact another area to some extent.

We have a buyout fund and it won't be full money or a one time payment.

msstate7
11-30-2019, 01:12 PM
I certainly wasn't for the extension joe got last year after a lackluster season, but I didn't complain too much. Now that extension looks horrible... you can hold Cohen responsible for that

HoopsDawg
11-30-2019, 01:13 PM
I certainly wasn't for the extension joe got last year after a lackluster season, but I didn't complain too much. Now that extension looks horrible... you can hold Cohen responsible for that

there were a few of us that complained and we got blasted for it.

Mjoelner34
11-30-2019, 01:19 PM
This. All the rioters on this site want someone else to pay 5-8 million. Sounds like Democrats. Always willing to spend someone else's money

Actually, 'all rioters on this site' see a program in decline and want to stop the slide before it reaches the current UPIG level and I for one donate my fair share. Do you? Ive also sat through 2 seasons plus the bowl game of this shit show. Have you or was the couch just too comfortable?

gtowndawg
11-30-2019, 01:21 PM
We have a buyout fund and it won't be full money or a one time payment.

Hope so.

AROB44
11-30-2019, 01:24 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bobcat91 again.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 01:27 PM
Actually, 'all rioters on this site' see a program in decline and want to stop the slide before it reaches the current UPIG level and I for one donate my fair share. Do you? Ive also sat through 2 seasons plus the bowl game of this shit show. Have you or was the couch just too comfortable?

Always in the stands with my 11 season tickets. Been to every bowl. I am always amazed at the couch fans calling out folks who spend money and go to the bowls. Guess since you want to challenge my street cred, I also am in the top 1000 donors in the BC. With all of that, I've made my feelings known. I'd give him another year, but again, I dont get a say and neither does anyone on this site.

AROB44
He still has time to make the right decision. I just think he needs to know what the fans think if he chooses not to.

No number of "fans" on message boards have the influence to have or effect Cohen's status.

KB21

May cost more than that if they keep him.