PDA

View Full Version : Coach34/Commerce

jwells
11-30-2019, 11:37 AM
Any update on what?s going on. Still keeping hope but it is dwindling.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2019, 11:42 AM
In 2 days you've started at least 3 threads. 2 of them said Joe was gone, with at least one in between saying he's staying. Now this one saying "what are y'all hearing?".

Who is your "source", Manti Teo's girlfriend?

MaroonFlounder
11-30-2019, 11:45 AM

It looks like both were wrong. Joe is staying.

Coach34
People are meeting today. I expect we hear something later today or tomorrow

MrKotter

Here ya go. Think you may know the OP

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?78197-Guys-Joe-will-be-back

1bigdawg
11-30-2019, 11:47 AM
Tomorrow is the right time to announce anything. Particularly, if there is a new coach lined up.

99jc
11-30-2019, 11:49 AM
In 2 days you've started at least 3 threads. 2 of them said Joe was gone, with at least one in between saying he's staying. Now this one saying "what are y'all hearing?".

Damn lol

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-30-2019, 11:50 AM

I heard on Wednesday a change was being made 100% win or lose. Your source is BS

My source is tell me Nick Saban has agreed in principle to become the next head coach of Mississippi State, the situation is fluid though, stay tuned****

jwells
11-30-2019, 11:51 AM

Leaning one way or the other?

Political Hack
11-30-2019, 11:51 AM
Two possible landing spots for Joe are still playing ball. Three of our four main (rumored) candidates are coaching a game today (and the other rumored coach was a smokescreen IMO).

Cowbell
11-30-2019, 11:53 AM

Dude, I didn’t respect you when I first came to this board. You got my respect now - not that it may matter to you - Appreciate your insight and common sense

bulldawg28
11-30-2019, 12:00 PM

Lol...damn.

timotheus
11-30-2019, 12:04 PM

It'll be hot in the meeting.

ckDOG
11-30-2019, 12:05 PM
Pretty obvious there are still unanswered questions. Y?all be patient. There?s a lot of good football on today and then the wheels of change (or confirmation of status quo) will warm up soon.

Coach34
11-30-2019, 12:07 PM
Leaning one way or the other?

I expect him to be back unless he pulls a Croom with Cohen and forces his hand.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 12:07 PM

He seems to be as accurate as any other on here.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 12:10 PM

Come on you stubborn Yankee asshole! Tell Cohen it's your team and he can kick rocks!!***

StoneDawg
11-30-2019, 12:11 PM

He Gone!!!

Bubb Rubb
11-30-2019, 12:14 PM

For all the rookies, this is how you do it. Now, no matter what happens, you can come back the day after and say, "See, I was right."

HoopsDawg
11-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Save us Rutgers.

LoneStarDawg
11-30-2019, 12:16 PM

Which girlfriend might make a difference....if it was his girlfriend would love to know if it was the fake one or the one he has now. Starting to sound like Manti not the only one making up fake people.

CovertDawg
11-30-2019, 12:17 PM
This is nothing more than the game telephone you play in pre-school.

Rex54
11-30-2019, 12:17 PM

1. Your sources don’t have near the power they thought they did

2. Cohen won’t be tied to CJM like many here are saying because said “cigars” have proven they can be slapped around.

3. We are and will forever be....... m-state

Coach34
11-30-2019, 12:19 PM
1. Your sources don’t have near the power they thought they did

2. Cohen won’t be tied to CJM like many here are saying because said “cigars” have proven they can be slapped around.

I cant argue with any of that

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 12:25 PM
Save us Rutgers.

That?s as likely to happen as your team missing a PAT in the final seconds to tie the game because of an urinating unsportsmanlike penalty by a WR....we maybe lightening will strike twice for us.

I don?t think Hobbs wants to hire Schaino but they have a cluster between donors, AD, board, fans, etc. He maybe stalling but honestly I think our best hope is for Rutgers to pull someone from a school that goes after Joe. I think he pretty far down Rutgers list right now. And the PC didn?t help him at other schools either.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 12:26 PM
1. Your sources don?t have near the power they thought they did

2. Cohen won?t be tied to CJM like many here are saying because said ?cigars? have proven they can be slapped around.

Good points about Cohen. Obviously the Pro-Joe boosters have more power than the anti-Joe ones, so even when Joe tanks next year why would Cohen be fired? Pro-Joe boosters will like COhen because he does whatever they want him too.

Now, I wonder what will happen with the younger boosters' money. If I was a booster I wouldn't give 1 cent till Joe was fired. Even if the old boosters have more power, how much booster money are we losing by keeping Joe?

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 12:28 PM
And you folks thought I was insane for saying Hotty Totty.

I cheered for MSU but that win may set the program back

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 12:29 PM
That?s as likely to happen as your team missing a PAT in the final seconds to tie the game because of an urinating unsportsmanlike penalty by a WR....we maybe lightening will strike twice for us.

I don?t think Hobbs wants to hire Schaino but they have a cluster between donors, AD, board, fans, etc. He maybe stalling but honestly I think our best hope is for Rutgers to pull someone from a school that goes after Joe. I think he pretty far down Rutgers list right now. And the PC didn?t help him at other schools either.

Yep. He might get OC job now but HC pretty much got eliminated with presser Thur night. Another reason for full buyout.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2019, 12:30 PM
Joe called us a bunch of dumb rednecks in his postgame presser and we are cool with it.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2019, 12:31 PM
And you folks thought I was insane for saying Hotty Totty.

I cheered for MSU but that win may set the program back

Moore pissed all over our program. Ole Miss was going for 1 bc they felt they had the advantage in OT. Think about that.

hacker
11-30-2019, 12:32 PM

"jk about that stuff in the presser, love y'all"

CovertDawg
11-30-2019, 12:37 PM
To be fair in the presser he said a "majority of the fans" were fantastic. And yes, we had a tiny segment wanting us to lose the Egg Bowl....so indeed, they actually would be terrible fans.

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 12:37 PM

"jk about that stuff in the presser, love y'all"

There Joe is ... reading message boards again. He does that too much. We got us a Hugh Freeze without the offense to go with it.

CovertDawg
11-30-2019, 12:39 PM
There Joe is ... reading message boards again. He does that too much. We got us a Hugh Freeze without the offense to go with it.

Or maybe he has recruits parents calling him to ask if he has agreed to a buyout and will be coaching next year?

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 12:41 PM
Or maybe he has recruits parents calling him to ask if he has agreed to a buyout and will be coaching next year?

Well ... I know he seems to react very quickly when threads start up on this board criticizing anything he does. Goes back to last year too. I'm convinced he reads them myself and probably does that more than game plan.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 12:46 PM
No joking. Most folks with inside info get it from a booster at some level. If everyone wants him gone this bad, they need to pony up and get it done. No donor on this site can make it happen. They need to get to work or shut up and give him another year. Arkansas and Mizzou had no problem pulling the plug. I expect South Carolina will today as well. Balls in their court.

bluelightstar
11-30-2019, 12:47 PM
Welp, November 2020 it is.

CovertDawg
11-30-2019, 12:50 PM
Well ... I know he seems to react very quickly when threads start up on this board criticizing anything he does. Goes back to last year too. I'm convinced he reads them myself and probably does that more than game plan.

We have some donors with big money but it ain't the F U money that some of the other schools and states have. Millions is still something for them to heavily consider. The wealthiest people in the whole state of Mississippi are the Duff brothers at around 1.3 billion each and we are fortunate they are sensible guys that spread their money around.

Dawg_Lover
11-30-2019, 12:52 PM

Just a thought, but could someone , on this forum, who?s still ?adamantly? defending him be JoMo himself? One clue may be the timing of joining this community. As said just a thought.

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 12:52 PM
We have some donors with big money but it ain't the F U money that some of the other schools and states have. Millions is still something for them to heavily consider. The wealthiest people in the whole state of Mississippi are the Duff brothers at around 1.3 billion each and we are fortunate they are sensible guys that spread their money around.

Did you mean to reply to me? Cause that has nothing to do with my post.

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 12:54 PM
Just a thought, but could someone , on this forum, who?s still ?adamantly? defending him be JoMo himself? One clue may be the timing of joining this community. As said just a thought.

I've wondered that to. Not about 007 tho. He's some sidekick to Joe who worships the ground he walks on.

Rex54
11-30-2019, 12:55 PM
Are we in this situation because wanna be power brokers couldn’t keep their traps shut? If everyone just shut the **** up for a few days maybe he keeps to the script and takes the lower buyout. But his pride got hurt with “Billy Napier to state 100%” and threw a monkey wrench.

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 12:56 PM
Are we in this situation because wanna be power brokers couldn’t keep their traps shut? If everyone just shut the **** up for a few days maybe he keeps to the script and takes the lower buyout. But his pride got hurt with “Billy Napier to state 100%” and threw a monkey wrench.

This is what I sorta think too. Monkey wrench was easier by beating OM too.

CovertDawg
11-30-2019, 12:58 PM
Did you mean to reply to me? Cause that has nothing to do with my post.

Nope, sorry....that was to the Bobcat post about people needing to pony up money.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 01:02 PM

That's basically what I'm saying. That buyout at 4 million is steep but an Athletic department our size should find resources to manage it. Double that amount and it hurts

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Meetings still taking place. I'm still
Hopeful but dang if this isn't the most messed up deal I've ever seen.

Dawg_Lover
11-30-2019, 01:34 PM
I've wondered that to. Not about 007 tho. He's some sidekick to Joe who worships the ground he walks on.

Yeah, gotcha, your comment just triggered the occasional recurring thought.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 01:45 PM

I wish we could play another game right now so that everyone could see how shitty Moorhead is.

Perhaps this would be a good reason to move the Egg Bowl to earlier in the season

HoopsDawg
11-30-2019, 01:46 PM

I just listened to his post game press conference again. I'm about as angry as I've ever been at an MSU coach. After he made the "there's a mythology that I inherited the 85 bears" comment. He said, "3 years ago this program went to a bowl at 5-7." What a reach to rationalize his failure in Year 1. He was the one that came in talking about ring sizes. He literally made 10 different excuses in the first 5 minutes. It was sickening.

I truly think he believes he's done a good job these past 2 years and that's a problem. He basically called us idiots for expecting more than what he's done.

ETA: he even dropped in a this program hasn't won the West since 98 season. Referenced the tutor gate 10. Which we all know is the tutor gate 3 and none play on his shitty offense. Just a joke. How could we possibly keep him after that shit.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2019, 01:50 PM
I wish we could play another game right now so that everyone could see how shitty Moorhead is.

Perhaps this would be a good reason to move the Egg Bowl to earlier in the season

We have 25 games of evidence. We beat a 4-7 team on our home field whose QB had a hurt ankle thanks to a guy peeing in our endzone and a kicker missing a 35 yard extra point. We scored 7 points in basically the last 3 quarters against a horrid defense.

shannondawg
11-30-2019, 01:53 PM

They need to S**t or get off the pot. They got us in this mess, need to finish what they started.

SandlotDawg
11-30-2019, 01:57 PM
Rosebowl just confirmed he’s coming back next season. Our administration is spineless. We deserve what we get.

bluelightstar
11-30-2019, 01:58 PM
LMAO. "Administration pleased with level of effort by coaches and players in recent win over Ole Miss."

He got another year because we played hard against a 4-win team that still almost beat us? We are a 17in joke.

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 02:00 PM
I just listened to his post game press conference again. I'm about as angry as I've ever been at an MSU coach. After he made the "there's a mythology that I inherited the 85 bears" comment. He said, "3 years ago this program went to a bowl at 5-7." What a reach to rationalize his failure in Year 1. He was the one that came in talking about ring sizes. He literally made 10 different excuses in the first 5 minutes. It was sickening.

I truly think he believes he's done a good job these past 2 years and that's a problem. He basically called us idiots for expecting more than what he's done.

ETA: he even dropped in a this program hasn't won the West since 98 season. Referenced the tutor gate 10. Which we all know is the tutor gate 3 and none play on his shitty offense. Just a joke. How could we possibly keep him after that shit.

He's been saying that kinda stuff since right after FL game last year. He butt hurt about Mullen too. Actually agree with some of the stuff he has said relative to Mullen and what we did under Mullen but there's a difference ... Mullen can develop and coach when he wants to. The key phrase being when he wants to. That's why I got pissed at Mullen at times ... he country clubbed at times.

Moorhead has come in here country clubbing except maybe in recruiting. And I don't think Moorhead will ever be able to coach like Mullen can (of course when he wants to). Mullen's main drawback now is mental blocks when competing against a couple of coaches and in game management in crucial situations (still). And it still baffles me why he can't get a 2 min offense to work.

Coach34
11-30-2019, 02:04 PM
Meeting adjourned.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 02:04 PM
Yep!

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 02:08 PM
Y'all people are hilarious.

lol at thinking anyone knows anything. A bunch of guilible people on this board

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 02:08 PM

Love their beer. ***

Huntsville Dawg
11-30-2019, 02:12 PM

I also expect him to stay.... Unless he gets fired or leaves for another job....

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 02:16 PM
What a cluster this turned into! Better hope joe gets extra strength coaching pills this off-season

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 02:22 PM
We have 25 games of evidence. We beat a 4-7 team on our home field whose QB had a hurt ankle thanks to a guy peeing in our endzone and a kicker missing a 35 yard extra point. We scored 7 points in basically the last 3 quarters against a horrid defense.

Mullen's last 25 games and JoMo's first are identical, record wise, in and out of conference. Maybe our mighty program wasn't as far along as people want to imagine. And guess what? We did back into a bowl game at 5-7 and we indeed haven't won shit since 1998. Sorry those facts don't jive with the JoMo bashing, but he did have valid points. That said, I want his ass gone too. But let's not kid ourselves that our program is used to completing for championships regularly.

TUSK
11-30-2019, 02:23 PM
I'll send y'all a check to help with the buyout... I'm good for ~$45 mil, but don't cash it til February...

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Rosebowl just confirmed he’s coming back next season. Our administration is spineless. We deserve what we get.

Rosebowl is full of shit and we're getting a new coach. LMAO!!

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 02:28 PM
I'll send y'all a check to help with the buyout... I'm good for ~$45 mil, but don't cash it til February...

Waiting on your tax return? Lol

MaroonFlounder
11-30-2019, 02:37 PM
Dude, I didn?t respect you when I first came to this board. You got my respect now - not that it may matter to you - Appreciate your insight and common sense

Insight. LOL

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 02:39 PM
Schlossnagle, Napier, and Chizik walk into a bar. They look up at the bartender and ask "do you have any sources"

The bartender looks back and says "no but we serve coffee sourced from the shit of bulls"

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2019, 02:53 PM
Mullen's last 25 games and JoMo's first are identical, record wise, in and out of conference. Maybe our mighty program wasn't as far along as people want to imagine. And guess what? We did back into a bowl game at 5-7 and we indeed haven't won shit since 1998. Sorry those facts don't jive with the JoMo bashing, but he did have valid points. That said, I want his ass gone too. But let's not kid ourselves that our program is used to completing for championships regularly.

JoNoMo just backed into a bowl game by having a historically bad Arkansas and UM player pissing on our field. UM was about to go for 2 and probably get it. They had all of the momentum.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 02:55 PM

Yep.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2019, 02:58 PM
JoNoMo just backed into a bowl game by having a historically bad Arkansas and UM player pissing on our field. UM was about to go for 2 and probably get it. They had all of the momentum.

No shit. That's why I said he should be fired.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 02:59 PM
Are we in this situation because wanna be power brokers couldn?t keep their traps shut? If everyone just shut the **** up for a few days maybe he keeps to the script and takes the lower buyout. But his pride got hurt with ?Billy Napier to state 100%? and threw a monkey wrench.

IF any of this stuff was true, and I am by no means sure it was, that is probabaly exactly what happened. I just don't think it ever got as far as what was taken as gospel here. I'll eventually find out. I know that it was already being put out here by a few Joe was gone when it absolutely wasn't even being considered.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2019, 02:59 PM
Yep.

Lets not try and compete lets just take it bc we dont deserve no better. Please step on me harder.

Loser ass mentality. Non competitive bullshit

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 03:05 PM
That's basically what I'm saying. That buyout at 4 million is steep but an Athletic department our size should find resources to manage it. Double that amount and it hurts

Yep, I posted that a month ago and got laughed at. If you are owed 9 million and you know that the entity paying you can pay the 9, why in the heck would you accept half that? It didn't make sense than and it didn't two days ago either.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 03:07 PM
Lets not try and compete lets just take it bc we dont deserve no better. Please step on me harder.

Loser ass mentality. Non competitive bullshit

Actually that is exactly what we are doing, trying to compete. Trying not to sabotage yourself down the road is very important part of that.

MaroonFlounder
11-30-2019, 03:19 PM
UM was about to go for 2 and probably get it. They had all of the momentum.

The extra point unit for OM was headed onto the field even before the piss and the flags hit the field.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2019, 03:21 PM
Actually that is exactly what we are doing, trying to compete. Trying not to sabotage yourself down the road is very important part of that.

Your stupidity is mind numbing

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 03:22 PM
Yep. Luke signaled for 1 immediately. They were NEVER going to go for 2?

CovertDawg
11-30-2019, 03:22 PM
The extra point unit for OM was headed onto the field even before the piss and the flags hit the field.

Absolutely correct. For those of us that like to use primary sources, Matt Luke even said in the postgame press conference they were going to kick it.

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 04:48 PM
Primary sources are discouraged here. They are too accurate