PDA

View Full Version : Joe will be gone ...

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 11:35 AM
Even if Joe gets another year, he's outta here. He hates this place and if you think Mullen wanted out, add about 2 orders or magnitude to that and you have how bad Joe wants out.

He hates this place. He hates the humidity and the heat. He hates the amount of work involved to compete in SEC W with the likes of Bama & LSU. He hates the fans cause we have an expectation to compete in SEC W with Bama and LSU ... or at the very least look like a football team. He thinks we should be eternally grateful for his presence here at State.

Joe likes comfort. That's why we practice indoors in a climate controlled facility. Joe wants to wear his sweatshirts all the time. He wants a 60 hour max workweek ... that's why our gameplans don't change much.

Joe wants it to be simple and easy ... like his Fordham days where the bigger issues were furniture for that basement and a whiteboard to draw up plays on.

Joe wants the big $$ without the big effort or sacrifice. To him, sacrificing is scrounging furniture for that basement (he was proud of that).

Joe has a huge ego. He thinks he knows more about football than anyone. That's why he doesn't listen to his assistants and why several bolted that had originally come here, in some cases taking a step down, to specifically "work with Joe cause he's a great guy and a genius". Shoop almost came out and said he had no clue about the toughness of the SEC last year in his presser when he had just instituted Toughness Tuesdays after the FL game. Hadn't seen Shoop in pressers much this year (only one I know of) ... have we? He can thank Shoop and last year's D staff for having even close to the leverage he has now. And he can probably thank Hud and Huff for the AU game plan last year too. Otherwise last year would've tanked much worse than it did.

Adding it all up .. Joe will bolt the first chance he gets. He could go 12-0 and the whole fan base be behind him and his butt hurt will still be so raw over what has happened this year that he'll be gone. He wants out 10 to 20x more than Mullen did. He ego has taken a huge blow and it's about payback to the MSU Nation now. And he wants to maximize the amount he can steal from MSU prior to taking off. He wants to inflict maximum pain while making sure he's on easy street.

The bigger question is: How much of the MSU football earth will be scorched when he leaves?

I personally don't understand why anyone, be it CBs, ADs, Prez cannot see this writing on the wall.

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 11:40 AM
What a total shitstorm. The funny part about Moorhead's comments about the '85 Bears is that last year we essentially had an '85 Bears type defense just didn't have anything close to an '85 Bears offense which is the part of the team that is his baby.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 11:41 AM
If he doesn't want to be here why stay after he's made the situation even worse with his Egg Bowl presser? Next year will be a toxic atmosphere that could put us in an Arkansas situation. And Starkville will be a ghost town on home game Saturdays.

defiantdog
11-30-2019, 11:42 AM
If he doesn't want to be here why stay after he's made the situation even worse with his Egg Bowl presser? Next year will be a toxic atmosphere that could put us in an Arkansas situation. And Starkville will be a ghost town on home game Saturdays.
Where else would he go?

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 11:42 AM

Yep .. I know this too. He's gone it's just a matter of when.

Saltydog
11-30-2019, 11:44 AM
If he wants out that bad you'd think our administration would know that and get his ass outta there. IDK, the whole situation seems like a cluster.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Where else would he go?

Hell would be nice.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 11:51 AM
If he wants out that bad you'd think our administration would know that and get his ass outta there. IDK, the whole situation seems like a cluster.

EXACTLY!

We'll have the lamest of lame duck coaches next season. He sucked ass when he's TRYING to be a good coach. Now he's here when he clearly doesn't want to be? Recipe for an unmitigated disaster.

Thick
11-30-2019, 11:54 AM

He’s playing us for the entire buyout, bc right now that’s all he has. He has the upper hand too.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 11:58 AM
He’s playing us for the entire buyout, bc right now that’s all he has. He has the upper hand too.

So he has not intention of staying? He just wants as much money as he can get on the way out?

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, how do you let a coach who doesn't want to be here, acting like a sore asshole and pissing off boosters stay one more year to save a couple million on buyout?

bulldawg28
11-30-2019, 11:59 AM
Hell would be nice.

Lmao

Churchill
11-30-2019, 11:59 AM
Just for icing on the cake his wife doesn't like Vegas either

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 12:04 PM
Just for icing on the cake his wife doesn't like Vegas either

Figured. I bet his kids hate it too. We're uncouth hicks to them. Starkvegas is a mud hole to them.

For Christs sake, give Joe his money and let him go.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 12:10 PM
Hell would be nice.

WINNER

gtowndawg
11-30-2019, 12:34 PM
If we can?t fire him and he won?t leave, demote him to QB coach and make Shoop HC for the lame duck next season. He?d quit then.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 12:41 PM
If we can?t fire him and he won?t leave, demote him to QB coach and make Shoop HC for the lame duck next season. He?d quit then.

That's not how any of this works

Thick
11-30-2019, 12:45 PM
So he has not intention of staying? He just wants as much money as he can get on the way out?

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, how do you let a coach who doesn't want to be here, acting like a sore asshole and pissing off boosters stay one more year to save a couple million on buyout?

That’s the $6mm question!!

Rex54
11-30-2019, 12:50 PM

The problem is Templeton/Stricklin/Cohen boosters stuck in the 1970’s backing him because “gosh darn ya can’t fire a corch that beats those dastardly Rebs”

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 12:51 PM
I don't know what to believe. Insiders are saying that it's not about money, but is a power struggle whee some want Joe to stay. I can't imagine how ANYONE could look at our team and say they want it to continue unless their only standard is to be .01% better than OM. Heck, we're worse than OM, as we had homefield advantage and it was still a fluke that we didn't go to OT.

Seriously though, Joe isn't an MSU insider who has powerful connections, so I see no reason why anyone other than Cohen (the one who hired him) would want him back.

SO< if nobody but Cohen wants him back, that would imply the problem actually is getting money for the buyout... but all the insiders say that's not the issue