PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't Keenum step into the stalemate and move this forward?

Indndawg
11-30-2019, 09:49 AM
ojfljsljflsjdlf

Rex54
11-30-2019, 09:51 AM
Everything ultimately falls on his shoulders.

chef dixon
11-30-2019, 09:53 AM
I think we need to just be patient and we will know in a few days. If he is still our guy we need to all rally behind him and close strong in recruiting.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2019, 10:01 AM
I think we need to just be patient and we will know in a few days. If he is still our guy we need to all rally behind him and close strong in recruiting.

I just don’t think there will be any rallying around him happening. It’s sucks, but that’s where we’re at now. I’m a nobody as far as MSU sports. Just a fan and BC member. But I’m stuck at work. There is approximately 200 people where I work at any given time. Many of them are State fans and most I talk to are not members of message boards. Every single one of them absolutely hate Moorehead now and want him gone. Most of them say they will not waste time going to the bowl or any games next year. This is not my sentiments I’m posting. This is what I’m living around right now.
I don’t see any way we can survive keeping Moorehead with how the fan base is so against him. Next year will be toxic and we will be competing against several other schools in our coaching search.

msbulldog
11-30-2019, 10:09 AM
I just don’t think there will be any rallying around him happening. It’s sucks, but that’s where we’re at now. I’m a nobody as far as MSU sports. Just a fan and BC member. But I’m stuck at work. There is approximately 200 people where I work at any given time. Many of them are State fans and most I talk to are not members of message boards. Every single one of them absolutely hate Moorehead now and want him gone. Most of them say they will not waste time going to the bowl or any games next year. This is not my sentiments I’m posting. This is what I’m living around right now.
I don’t see any way we can survive keeping Moorehead with how the fan base is so against him. Next year will be toxic and we will be competing against several other schools in our coaching search.

DD you are not a nobody, you are a MSU Fan!

TStationDawg
11-30-2019, 10:10 AM
I agree with this. Thanks to his scorched earth tactics, there is no rallying behind this guy. Screw him. I’m done with football as long as he is here; I literally would rather kick rocks. I have a feeling Howland is about to start feeling a lot more love over the next 12 months. Next year will be a train wreck.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-30-2019, 10:17 AM

Strong in recruiting?? Hahahhaha even our recruiting standards have been lowered. Is there some mystery 4 stars we are supposed to get I haven’t heard about yet?

chef dixon
11-30-2019, 10:20 AM
Strong in recruiting?? Hahahhaha even our recruiting standards have been lowered. Is there some mystery 4 stars we are supposed to get I haven’t heard about yet?

Or bitching an entire offseason is also a fair option

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 10:23 AM

Curious that you say they "absolutely hate Moorhead". I actually thought most MSU fans liked Joe personally at least until that press conference the other night, just believe he is doing a poor job running our program. I know I did but I flipped on him after the "Yankee ass" and "85 Bears" comments. Why do you think they hate him?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-30-2019, 10:23 AM
Or bitching an entire offseason is also a fair option

I’ll definitely join the others with option B. Seriously do you really categorized our recruiting class as “strong”?

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-30-2019, 10:25 AM
So what happened to the narrative that we can easily buy him out?

Why would we hesitate if we wanted him gone so bad?

No one knows shit

chef dixon
11-30-2019, 10:28 AM
I’ll definitely join the others with option B. Seriously do you really categorized our recruiting class as “strong”?

That is not what I posted

gravedigger
11-30-2019, 10:33 AM
So what happened to the narrative that we can easily buy him out?

Why would we hesitate if we wanted him gone so bad?

No one knows shit

My tinfoil hat theory:

Cohen has a set time to go over with each coach a review of their performance. He told Joe to enjoy his family and they?d talk before he left for recruiting. We will find out the results of that when Cohen gets ready. I know that is grassy knoll type thinking, but by golly it just seems right.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-30-2019, 10:34 AM
That is not what I posted

Ohhh my apologies..what about this. Do you actually think we can finish strong in recruiting?

sandjunky
11-30-2019, 10:37 AM
My tinfoil hat theory:

Cohen has a set time to go over with each coach a review of their performance. He told Joe to enjoy his family and they?d talk before he left for recruiting. We will find out the results of that when Cohen gets ready. I know that is grassy knoll type thinking, but by golly it just seems right.

Kind of how it went with Lemonis - it went dark for a while and some thought we’d end up with Henderson

msbulldog
11-30-2019, 10:41 AM
Bruce nobody is hesitating, everything is about timing if you do things correctly

chef dixon
11-30-2019, 10:43 AM
Ohhh my apologies..what about this. Do you actually think we can finish strong in recruiting?

Doesn't matter if we can or can't, but that may be our only option to hope for going forward. I realize you are just trying to argue for arguments sake.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2019, 12:05 PM
Curious that you say they "absolutely hate Moorhead". I actually thought most MSU fans liked Joe personally at least until that press conference the other night, just believe he is doing a poor job running our program. I know I did but I flipped on him after the "Yankee ass" and "85 Bears" comments. Why do you think they hate him?

Some of them wanted him gone after last year, but didn't sound like they disliked him. Many, including myself, kept supporting him and talking him up. Now, not a one of us supports him. What I hear the most is his arrogance like Croom towards the fanbase, the total lack of discipline on our players, complete lack of preparedness especially at the beginning of games. The refusal to adapt offense to our players skillset has been mentioned a lot. Then the presser the other night has everyone of them just completely embarrassed that he is our coach.
He is done here. It's up to the AD to decide how long we suffer, but football is ruined at State until he leaves.

snoopdog
11-30-2019, 01:02 PM
When you lash out at the fans like he has done (a couple of times this season) you can’t expect support. The Tennessee game did me in as a supporter of him as a good football coach, and the comments after the Egg Bowl did me in as a supporter of him even being here.

parabrave
11-30-2019, 01:37 PM

Until the Press Conf most did like him but not now. As for Keenum stepping in if he or for that matter any President stepping in then the AD should be fired.

ckDOG
11-30-2019, 01:42 PM
How do you know it has stalled? It?s Saturday. Coaches are still coaching. Settle down.

dawgoneyall
11-30-2019, 01:52 PM

I got the impression he doesn't need the fans.

parabrave
11-30-2019, 01:57 PM
Well Rosebowl just tweeted JOMO staying with a note that the Administration was please with the level of play and effort in the Egg Bowl.

R2Dawg
11-30-2019, 02:01 PM

I was willing to try and support him if he ended up staying hoping he might figure it out. That press conf the other day did me in for any hope for him. There is no hope for him at MSU; there is only one option now. If he would have been willing to change some things - O, assistants, his approach. I could give him another chance if that is the decision made; not now.

Rex54
11-30-2019, 02:02 PM
Well Rosebowl just tweeted JOMO staying with a note that the Administration was please with the level of play and effort in the Egg Bowl.

President, AD, Cigar boys... Cucks all

ETA: Enjoy YOUR program SloJo, you can make up my funding out of your own pocket Yankee.

TimberBeast
11-30-2019, 02:05 PM

We played with effort one game out of 12 this year and still almost lost to an awful team. If we keep Moorhead next year we’ll still have to fire him after next season and it will take years to get our fan base back to where it should be. I don’t know a single fan that wants him here anymore.