msugolf
11-30-2019, 08:17 AM
Shrader
Witherspoon
Mitchell
Heath (if he gets here)
Williams
Spivey

That's what we're looking at for our starters at the skill positions. No game changers in that group.
And we lose our best OLineman

MetEdDawg
11-30-2019, 08:22 AM
I don't think so

QB should be more stable with Shrader having another year.

RB should be ok I think. Walker will be here and I think Witherspoon is a stud. If Moorhead stays and we keep Marks, that's an unknown 3 some, but one that's got a high ceiling.

WR is the scary part. Need some JUCO and freshmen to step up immediately and fill some holes.

OL is still pretty deep and has some talent.

So I think talent wise we will have some challenges at the WR position, but other than that I think we've got enough talent to see some improvement.

msstate7
11-30-2019, 08:23 AM
I don't think so

RB should be ok I think. Walker will be here and I think Witherspoon is a stud. If Moorhead stays and we keep Marks, that's an unknown 3 some, but one that's got a high ceiling.

WR is the scary part. Need some freshmen to step up and fill some holes.

So I think talent wise we will have some challenges at the WR position, but other than that I think we've got enough talent to see some improvement.

You just said we have no WRs and listed walker as a rb. Uhhh, that's not gonna help us turn the corner. Oh, and subtract an nfl center

Hambone
11-30-2019, 08:24 AM
You forgot about Torbor and Gardner. I think those two make a significant impact as well. I also think Javonta Peyton will be a starter, and he showed flashes this year

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 08:27 AM
Well Shrader should get better, at least if we fore Breiner and get a real QB coach. Losing Guidry is addition by subtraction for the WR group, and since Thomans did nothing this year I dont think replacing him with Williams is going to hurt. Witherspoon looks OK, but it's a definate downgrade if Kylin leaves. Green did nothing at TE and Spivey has more potential so we might upgrade there.

OL, well we lose Williams and Phillips and that's it, right? Or do we lose one of the OGs too? Either way a OG should be somewhat easy to replace, and we have Cole, the 4* OC who transferred from LSU. If hes good the OL might be better since Dolla Bill and Cross have higher ceilings at OT than Phillip's.

But the O will still suck because it's too complicated and Joe sucks at game planning and is mediocre at playcalling.

Cooterpoot
11-30-2019, 08:29 AM
If we don’t hire an OC, it will be Arkansas bad.

Randolph Dupree
11-30-2019, 08:30 AM
I think it is a certainty we will be worse next year. And we will be worse the year after that and so on and so on until Joe is gone.

RougeDawg
11-30-2019, 08:31 AM
What I do not get is that non Power 5 teams have better receiving corps than we do. The recruiting sites cannot be all off, that bad. We have some issue internally with receivers. Has been that way for a long time. Any Thursday night during the season you can tune in to an AAC or MAC game and see receivers who actually receive the ball, run crisp routes and rarely drop one that hits them in the sticky ass gloves they all wear now.

On the other hand, our guys seem like they just started playing football and are supposedly all 3+ star recruits. Something has to be going on for this to happen. A good to great high school receiver just does not suddenly forget how to catch the ball once they enter college. Just look around at almost every other team playing.

msstate7
11-30-2019, 08:33 AM
I think it is a certainty we will be worse next year. And we will be worse the year after that and so on and so on until Joe is gone.

If it does get worse, we'll be going head-to-head with OM, South Carolina, and maybe mizzou (they may do it thus year) for a HC

msugolf
11-30-2019, 08:39 AM
I don't think so

WR is the scary part. Need some JUCO and freshmen to step up immediately and fill some holes.

The same Walker at rb that everyone didn't even want having a scholarship? I don't care what the coaches and fansite boys are saying how good he is. They also said the same things about Stevens, Guidry, Zuber, Payton, Austin Williams. So theyre full of it.

And not sold on Witherspoon as a featured back either.

Cooterpoot
11-30-2019, 08:43 AM
Our WR talent is some of the worst in D1 ball. Not P5, D1. Guidry and Peyton weren’t even great Juco WRs. We’ve got none coming in that will be great. Heath is better than what we’ve got but he’s about it next year. The redshirt guys are ok but our best deep threat will be Peyton. We need to recruit better out of state at WR. We need speed some kind of bad.

RougeDawg
11-30-2019, 08:49 AM
Our WR talent is some of the worst in D1 ball. Not P5, D1. Guidry and Peyton weren?t even great Juco WRs. We?ve got none coming in that will be great. Heath is better than what we?ve got but he?s about it next year. The redshirt guys are ok but our best deep threat will be Peyton. We need to recruit better out of state at WR. We need speed some kind of bad.

Why don?t we just follow the Tulane WR recruiting plan. I have watched a few of their games this year and would trade their entire receiving group for ours today. It really is embarrassing.

Cooterpoot
11-30-2019, 08:50 AM
Tulane has one WR. The rest aren’t good. That league is trash.

timotheus
11-30-2019, 08:56 AM
If Shrader is ever to be able to make the throws in the guru offense, then somebody better get him a real position coach. The O next year will be a real sh**t show each time he rolls out.

MetEdDawg
11-30-2019, 09:00 AM
The same Walker at rb that everyone didn't even want having a scholarship? I don't care what the coaches and fansite boys are saying how good he is. They also said the same things about Stevens, Guidry, Zuber, Payton, Austin Williams. So theyre full of it.

And not sold on Witherspoon as a featured back either.

Is Kylin Hill a fan boy?? Because he said that Walker could have helped us this year because he's a beast in practice.

timotheus
11-30-2019, 09:02 AM
Joe plays who he wants. See aeiris williams and nick gibson this year.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 09:03 AM
I think the offense is as good as it is going to get here with Loudmouth. I don't think it will get worse just stay stagnant and mediocre. We will struggle to put points on the board against decent defenses. 6-6 and an 11th bowl game next season will be a miracle.

msugolf
11-30-2019, 09:05 AM
Is Kylin Hill a fan boy?? Because he said that Walker could have helped us this year because he's a beast in practice.

Yes, he is. He also said before the season that this was the most talent he'd ever been around in one season.

Practice ain't games buddy. Everyone can look good in practice at some point.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 09:10 AM
Yes, he is. He also said before the season that this was the most talent he'd ever been around in one season.

Practice ain't games buddy. Everyone can look good in practice at some point.

Especially the way Joe runs practices. He's soft as Charmin.

timotheus
11-30-2019, 09:10 AM
it sure isn't like practice was on the farm

Saltydog
11-30-2019, 09:25 AM
I'd say it's very possible. We lose a ton of depth on the OL (Champion/Williams/Story/Phillips). Get one or two guys banged up there and we'll be playing some extremely young guys. Talented, yes but very inexperienced. RB is still a huge question mark and don't even get me started on the WR's.

chef dixon
11-30-2019, 09:28 AM
Wide outs can?t be worse. None of the ones leaving are a loss no matter how you want to spin it. Does not mean they will be better though

Doggie_Style
11-30-2019, 09:35 AM
We are likely much worse next season

DownwardDawg
11-30-2019, 09:37 AM
I think the offense will be much worse. Unless we completely change to a more run style spread or change coaches. We?ve gotten worse consistently for two years. What?s gonna change that all of a sudden?

TheLostDawg
11-30-2019, 09:38 AM
Wide outs can?t be worse. None of the ones leaving are a loss no matter how you want to spin it. Does not mean they will be better though

That's what I'm thinking. They might not have the potential but if they are consistent at catching then that is improving in my book. At this point I don't think we are looking to have great players at wr, just an upgrade. I'm hoping having a year with this wr coach and the offseason will help with that. Again we need consistency and rhythm. We get that and then one playmaker, we'll be good there. I'm not holding my breath though.

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 09:49 AM
QB- Shrader should be better.
RB- Should be worse. Marks is a wild card.
WR- Should be better. Payton should be starting over Guidry. Osiris has improved. Need Heath to come in and have an impact.
TE- Dontae Jones should start and he’s better than Farrod.
OL- Should be a five star freshman and four seniors- Reese, Eiland, Parker, and Sharp.

Joe better hope it’s not worse. It could very well be wore though. We’re seventh in the SEC right now.

Johnson85
11-30-2019, 09:58 AM
QB- Shrader should be better.
RB- Should be worse. Marks is a wild card.
WR- Should be better. Payton should be starting over Guidry. Osiris has improved. Need Heath to come in and have an impact.
TE- Dontae Jones should start and he’s better than Farrod.
OL- Should be a five star freshman and four seniors- Reese, Eiland, Parker, and Sharp.

Joe better hope it’s not worse. It could very well be wore though. We’re seventh in the SEC right now.

You left out a huge factor, which is another year in the system learning from Joe, which should mean we’ll be even better at running Joes offense.

So yea, we’re going to be a lot worse.

Dawgology
11-30-2019, 10:28 AM
6-6 will be our average ceiling from here on out with JoMo. We will fall to 5-7 on occasion (probably next year) and sneak out a rare 7-5 season every 5 or 6 years. The folks and admin saying they are good with keeping JoMo are admitting this is their expectation.

Coach34
11-30-2019, 10:49 AM
What happens when Shrader gets banged up and cant go a couple of games next year? Sounds like we have 2 QB's transferring.

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 10:51 AM
What happens when Shrader gets banged up and cant go a couple of games next year? Sounds like we have 2 QB's transferring.

Gonna have to roll with Rogers I guess if that happens.

KB21
11-30-2019, 10:58 AM
Gonna have to roll with Rogers I guess if that happens.

...and honestly, Rogers is a better passer than Schrader. He may actually be a better fit for the offense. Schrader's release is so long and slow, and his arm strength is below average.

MrKotter
11-30-2019, 11:07 AM
Shrader
Witherspoon
Mitchell
Heath (if he gets here)
Williams
Spivey

That's what we're looking at for our starters at the skill positions. No game changers in that group.
And we lose our best OLineman
Is it possible? It is guaranteed. We continually got worse as the season progressed under this stupid POS.

gravedigger
11-30-2019, 11:08 AM

We will put someone else in the game. And in spite of the tinfoil hat brigades belief, we will probably be ok.

KB21
11-30-2019, 11:09 AM
We will put someone else in the game. And in spite of the tinfoil hat brigades belief, we will probably be ok.

It will be another built in excuse for why the team underachieves again next year.

Coach34
11-30-2019, 11:11 AM

well, except we have used playing a freshman QB as an excuse for losing this year. At some point you cant keep using that excuse when you created the problem yourself

msstate7
11-30-2019, 11:11 AM

What you base that on, faith in joe?

defiantdog
11-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Or..... what if Shrader gets a violation of team rules and can?t go in big games? I know he?s young and makes mistakes, but the kid has some growing up to do.

bulldawg28
11-30-2019, 11:37 AM
If we don?t hire an OC, it will be Arkansas bad.

This. Stack the box and you get the same offense.

RiverCityDawg
11-30-2019, 11:42 AM
...and honestly, Rogers is a better passer than Schrader. He may actually be a better fit for the offense. Schrader's release is so long and slow, and his arm strength is below average.

But he can't run so defenses won't have to account for him and our running backs won't be as good running as Kylin. What's softer than Charmin? That's what we'll be.

gravedigger
11-30-2019, 11:48 AM
What you base that on, faith in joe?

The fact we did it this year and are ok.

But I mean, other than the direct example of this moment in time, I guess it?s just a theory.

Thick
11-30-2019, 11:49 AM
If Shrader is ever to be able to make the throws in the guru offense, then somebody better get him a real position coach. The O next year will be a real sh**t show each time he rolls out.

Ok, the QB coach gives Shrader game film. Take it home, watch it, and tomorrow we?re going to go over it in our meeting. Next day, Shrader shows up, hasn?t watched the tape. When QB coach starts getting pissed, Shrader tells him to back off and let him watch it at his pace, like by Friday. Joe steps in and tells QB coach to ease up! There?s 2 problems right there. Not to mention Shrader pretty much lives in the bars in the District drinking and smoking Marlboros. That?s fine if he?s the next John Bond, but he?s got to get straighten out and Joe needs to step up or GTFO!

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 12:19 PM
Ok, the QB coach gives Shrader game film. Take it home, watch it, and tomorrow we?re going to go over it in our meeting. Next day, Shrader shows up, hasn?t watched the tape. When QB coach starts getting pissed, Shrader tells him to back off and let him watch it at his pace, like by Friday. Joe steps in and tells QB coach to ease up! There?s 2 problems right there. Not to mention Shrader pretty much lives in the bars in the District drinking and smoking Marlboros. That?s fine if he?s the next John Bond, but he?s got to get straighten out and Joe needs to step up or GTFO!

I just love Joe. Our next coach will really need some time to get all this shit straightened back out.