PDA

View Full Version : Do the players support Joe?

Irondawg
11-30-2019, 12:22 AM
We somehow haven?t really touched on this in the other billion threads.

He was adamant in the PC that all the players wanted him as coach. I?ve got zero connections there but certainly someone can give what the players opinion of him is

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 12:25 AM
Who cares what they think

Of course they are going to say they support him but i didn't see any ice baths last night or being carried off the field.

I think they like Joe, but deep down know he's not the guy

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 12:28 AM
Tough to say. Player will almost always say the do support him but ... I can't imagine all of them support him. Especially when most were under a different regime 2 years ago. Regardless of who does or does not, most probably just want it to be over in one way or the other. They don't wanna play, go to school, and also go thru all this crap.

Irondawg
11-30-2019, 12:45 AM
Cohen should have a pulse on that though.

Hambone
11-30-2019, 12:52 AM
Did you seriously just say you don’t care what the current players think?

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Sorry, but come the 17 on! Who plays these games? It ABSOLUTELY matters what they think!

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 12:55 AM

Of course they are going to say they support him but i didn't see any ice baths last night or being carried off the field.

UNREAL.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 12:56 AM
Did you seriously just say you don’t care what the current players think?

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Sorry, but come the 17 on! Who plays these games? It ABSOLUTELY matters what they think!

Yes, he did. He knows absolutely nothing about sports, of any kind.

Katdoc12
11-30-2019, 01:15 AM
Ive seen numerous remarks that there is a divide between ******* players and his, I dont know how widespread it is but the KT issue causing a divide has been discussed ad nauseum & I expect this is along the same lines. We've seen that the majority of the team isnt putting in extra work on their own to stay in shape, so it wouldnt surprise me that those same guys are happy with the coach that isnt riding their butts to get in shape. The poor showing in games this year, has me unconcerned with player opinions. If they are proud of how they have been outperformed, then that is a problem.

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 01:37 AM
Based on twitter I think they support him at least in general.

fader2103
11-30-2019, 02:03 AM

This might be your most idiotic post ever. I have seen you talking about not supporting our team, rooting for our biggest rival, and other things but to say we shouldn't care what current players think of their coach is so stupid.

deadheaddawg
11-30-2019, 03:47 AM

Since players (and recruits) read this board I want to talk to them a minute.

The VAST majority of state fans do care what you think. We may not agree with it, but we do care and value what you feel. After all you are with him daily. Not us.

Us fans tend to think in longer term than players. Neither is necessarly better, we are just impacted differently by the program and have different goals.

And about this IDIOTIC post from the OP. He DOES NOT represent the majority of the fan base. He has roughly 4 trillion post on here, so it's clear what his opinions are......they are not how most of us feel. Please ignore this dude.

bulldawg28
11-30-2019, 06:40 AM
From a former player's perspective it doesn't really matter what they think to a degree. You spend more time with your position coach and work with that individual. Most head coaches are figure head CEO's. They are paid to win, represent the university, and graduate players imo. If at any point it's not happening they should be fired. Jomo is not doing that well. It's too much learning on the job for him and he's over his head.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 07:39 AM
From a former player's perspective it doesn't really matter what they think to a degree. You spend more time with your position coach and work with that individual. Most head coaches are figure head CEO's. They are paid to win, represent the university, and graduate players imo. If at any point it's not happening they should be fired. Jomo is not doing that well. It's too much learning on the job for him and he's over his head.

Thank you

Irondawg
11-30-2019, 09:13 AM
I think it is important what our players think about him, especially the offensive guys. Since he’s also the OC they would know if he’s part of the problem on O or if it’s somehow some other issues.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 09:16 AM
I think it is important what our players think about him, especially the offensive guys. Since he’s also the OC they would know if he’s part of the problem on O or if it’s somehow some other issues.

I don't think they know the difference.

Never trust player's opinions on these types of things.

msstate7
11-30-2019, 09:18 AM
I'm sure the players that had Mullen and hev getting in their butt love having a softy like Moorhead. Hurts the players though

BeastMan
11-30-2019, 09:21 AM
LSU players carried Les Miles off the field only to be fired the next season after the 4th game. I don’t care what Joe said postgame or what the punter or a recruit tweeted. Actions speak louder than words. I saw way too much uninspired football this year.

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 10:32 AM

While a divided locker room can be an issue, in general, I don't think the players themselves would necessarily be the best judge of what's best for them. For example, I get the impression that Joe is not that demanding and is very personable with the players. They probably like that but that doesn't mean he is making them better football players or that he is setting the proper culture for the program.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-30-2019, 10:35 AM

Do many coaches get an ice bath for beating your 4-7 rival?

You have such a hate for this guy that you are convincing yourself that things exist that aren't there. Kind of sad

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 10:41 AM
Do many coaches get an ice bath for beating your 4-7 rival?

You have such a hate for this guy that you are convincing yourself that things exist that aren't there. Kind of sad

I don't hate Joe.

I just think he's a below average coach and atrocious fit for MSU and everyday he's here is one more day we waste in building our program.

Good man. Bad coach

KB21
11-30-2019, 10:41 AM
You have to take what the players say with a grain of salt. They have gone from a coach that worked them like they have never been worked before to one that has made things very soft for them. Of course they are going to come out in support of the guy who doesn't grind them daily.

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 10:47 AM
While a divided locker room can be an issue, in general, I don't think the players themselves would necessarily be the best judge of what's best for them. For example, I get the impression that Joe is not that demanding and is very personable with the players. They probably like that but that doesn't mean he is making them better football players or that he is setting the proper culture for the program.

I guarantee you that they like winning and would be willing to put the work in to do so. They don?t come here to go 6-6.

gravedigger
11-30-2019, 10:49 AM

So who spends the most time with a recruit on a visit?

bluelightstar
11-30-2019, 10:54 AM
If there is a divide with the "Mullen guys," it's because Moorhead plays favorites and because they know what good coaching looks like.

Dolphus Raymond
11-30-2019, 11:20 AM
The one player I know personally thinks very highly of Moorhead.

bulldawg28
11-30-2019, 11:33 AM
So who spends the most time with a recruit on a visit?

Current players are their hosts

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 11:33 AM
I guarantee you that they like winning and would be willing to put the work in to do so. They don?t come here to go 6-6.

They certainly would if its demanded of them. Unfortunately there are only a few in a crowd of any people that are totally self driven.

MaroonFlounder
11-30-2019, 11:47 AM
I don't think they know the difference.

Never trust player's opinions on these types of things.

I disagree. You win idiot of the day.

MaroonFlounder
11-30-2019, 11:50 AM
Go look at Dillon Johnson's tweet. A RB from G'ville St Joe.
A position of need if Kylin leaves. Then come back and opine on the subject

Rex54
11-30-2019, 11:51 AM
You answer to the shareholders not the workers

msstate7
11-30-2019, 11:53 AM
I don't hate Joe.

I just think he's a below average coach and atrocious fit for MSU and everyday he's here is one more day we waste in building our program.

Good man. Bad coach

A good man that told us to go F ourselves. F him

gravedigger
11-30-2019, 12:17 PM
A good man that told us to go F ourselves. F him

You needed being told.

Bubb Rubb
11-30-2019, 12:23 PM
I don't hate Joe.

Good man. Bad coach

We get all of that. You make a post stating it every three minutes.

MaroonFlounder
11-30-2019, 12:26 PM
A situation where Joe is gone may sacrifice this recruiting cycle.

Early signing day is 3 weeks away.

Attrition and a recruiting failure for 2020 will be devastating.

PGHBulldogBG
11-30-2019, 12:27 PM
This is becoming such a train wreck. I’m more than ever ready to just hire Hud. A good coach who wants to be here.

Rex54
11-30-2019, 12:32 PM
We get all of that. You make a post stating it every three minutes.

And a new thread every five