PDA

View Full Version : 10:00 Friday Night and Still No Statement or Press Leaking From MSU

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 11:00 PM
This is the single biggest, most relevant evidence of what is really going on right now.

Just driving the point home because it's the only tangible, real data point that you can currently hang your hat on in regards to this saga.

Use your brain and decide for yourself why all we hear are crickets

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-29-2019, 11:05 PM
Yeah this is really the only possible evidence we could have to support the latest rumors, namely that they're negotiating the buyout. Only other reason we'd have issued no statement is if Cohen is trying to keep Joe but COhen is willing to fire him if he can't beat the boosters which is a cenario that seems far less likely.

But as far as buyouts go, what's the deal with the Leo Seal money? Is it false info that he donated a lot of money and earmarked it for coaching buyouts? If it's true, why is there even a question that we'd pay the buyout?

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 11:11 PM
Typical PR move..... you never want to follow something optimistic like an Egg Bowl victory with something like a firing. You wait a few days.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 11:11 PM
Let's try this again:

You have a statement. Cohen gave it to Gene and he posted it. Now, you can attack Gene's credibility, and I would agree - he's a water-toting idiot. But that's who Cohen is talking to, whether we like it or not. It gives him a little bit of cover, and everyone's going to see it.

This administration is not going to do an official press release to announce that Moorhead is coming back. They're not going to stick their neck out like that right now, especially if they have to mend some fences with some people first.

This stuff is common sense guys. I know you don't like it. Hell, I don't like it. I want Joe gone more than anyone here. It is what it is.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 11:12 PM
Yeah this is really the only possible evidence we could have to support the latest rumors, namely that they're negotiating the buyout. Only other reason we'd have issued no statement is if Cohen is trying to keep Joe but COhen is willing to fire him if he can't beat the boosters which is a cenario that seems far less likely.

But as far as buyouts go, what's the deal with the Leo Seal money? Is it false info that he donated a lot of money and earmarked it for coaching buyouts? If it's true, why is there even a question that we'd pay the buyout?

I’ve asked this about the supposed Seal money that was rumored to be a large amount strictly for hiring/buying out coaches and have gotten crickets all day. If we were actually legitimately $2-3 mil away from what Joe wanted as a buyout, then if this Seal money exists why would it take even a day to decide to dip into it and say See ya Joe? I don’t get that. I’m still in “I’ll believe it when I see it” as far as getting rid of him simply because I refuse to get my hopes up that he’s gone until it actually happens.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 11:16 PM
Who has to sign off to use the seal money for a buyout? Is there some sort of board or can the AD use as he sees fit?

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 11:16 PM
Once again, is it normal to announce you are not firing someone? This is a legit question.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 11:18 PM
I’ve asked this about the supposed Seal money that was rumored to be a large amount strictly for hiring/buying out coaches and have gotten crickets all day. If we were actually legitimately $2-3 mil away from what Joe wanted as a buyout, then if this Seal money exists why would it take even a day to decide to dip into it and say See ya Joe? I don’t get that. I’m still in “I’ll believe it when I see it” as far as getting rid of him simply because I refuse to get my hopes up that he’s gone until it actually happens.

Because again it’s a negotiation. I mean if worse comes to worse we should just fire his Yankee ass if he won’t agree to some terms. That may be what it eventually comes down to.

I can’t believe we would let a football coach hold us hostage. And I bet we don’t.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 11:20 PM
Once again, is it normal to announce you are not firing someone? This is a legit question.

It's not normal to answer "no comment" when asked about it

runwildjerious
11-29-2019, 11:21 PM

No, but after Joe went off last night and told fans who don’t believe in him to kick rocks and pound sand you would think that something would be said. He literally said they would have to drag his Yankee ass outta here. A quick statement to the press by Cohen would have been easy to do.

Two things though:
1. Genes statement doesn’t cut it.
2. Smart move by Joe to make it a cultural thing. Bet his agent told him to do that. He can rail about crazy southerners at his next stop and use us as the excuse. I just wish he put that much thought into running the program.

Captain Falcon
11-29-2019, 11:22 PM
Tell me again why there MUST be a statement? I get why you might want to give one, but there’s nothing that says you have to. And I feel like the general consensus is that he will be back aside from a few people on message boards who are still holding out hope.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 11:23 PM
This is the single biggest, most relevant evidence of what is really going on right now.

Just driving the point home because it's the only tangible, real data point that you can currently hang your hat on in regards to this saga.

Well you've now turned silence into conspiracy. I'm headed to bed. Let me know if Jimmy Hoffa's body turns up by 5 am when I'm having coffee.

I've heard episodes of Art Bell that were not this bizarre.

Quaoarsking
11-29-2019, 11:24 PM

Yes.

Vanderbilt Derek Mason last week: https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2019/11/19/derek-mason-vanderbilt-football-coach-return-2020/4235397002/

Rutgers Chris Ash last year: https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2018/11/rutgers_ad_pat_hobbs_chris_ash_will_return_for_4th .html

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 11:25 PM

It is when reporters keep asking for a comment.

msudawg1200
11-29-2019, 11:25 PM
Why don’t y’all give it up? Moorhead is not going anywhere unless he leaves on his own. There is not going to be a press release announcing that a sitting coach is staying. Said it a bunch and will say it again, we ain’t firing a coach who went 6-6, won the Egg, and qualified for a bowl game. It ain’t happening.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 11:26 PM
Let's try this again:

You have a statement. Cohen gave it to Gene and he posted it. Now, you can attack Gene's credibility, and I would agree - he's a water-toting idiot. But that's who Cohen is talking to, whether we like it or not. It gives him a little bit of cover, and everyone's going to see it.

This administration is not going to do an official press release to announce that Moorhead is coming back. They're not going to stick their neck out like that right now, especially if they have to mend some fences with some people first.

This stuff is common sense guys. I know you don't like it. Hell, I don't like it. I want Joe gone more than anyone here. It is what it is.

What was the quote that Gene had?

Do you actually believe Cohen would use Gene? Also, why hasn't any credible beat writer been able to confirm the info Gene got?

I don't think Gene is lying. I just think he got the run around and "things change" comment.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 11:27 PM
It is when reporters keep asking for a comment.

Is it really? I don't recall one.

runwildjerious
Why don’t y’all give it up? Moorhead is not going anywhere unless he leaves on his own. There is not going to be a press release announcing that a sitting coach is staying. Said it a bunch and will say it again, we ain’t firing a coach who went 6-6, won the Egg, and qualified for a bowl game. It ain’t happening.

You are probably right. I know I am just hoping we correct this problem before it requires a full blown rebuild. If we keep him we deserve what we get and it will cost Cohen his job.

ShotgunDawg

Would be really easy for Cohen to leak this to the media and leaking that to the media would help Joe's ability to recruit.

Quaoarsking

Except there probably will be, if he is indeed staying. It's pretty normal for athletic departments to do this for embattled coaches these days, to give the coach a public vote of confidence.

Quaoarsking
11-29-2019, 11:28 PM

Because you don't keep up with hot seat coaches of other schools. That's normal, but Vandy did it for Mason last week.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 11:28 PM
Yes.

Vanderbilt Derek Mason last week: https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2019/11/19/derek-mason-vanderbilt-football-coach-return-2020/4235397002/

Rutgers Chris Ash last year: https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2018/11/rutgers_ad_pat_hobbs_chris_ash_will_return_for_4th .html

OM with Luke this year.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 11:29 PM

They just gave multiple examples above. Did you not look at them?

I'm done taking to you if you're going to play dumb.

Additionally, if Joe is staying, you're doing him a disservice by not leaking a statement.

Using Occum's Razor, the simplest explanation is usually correct, it's clear that things are currently fluid.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 11:29 PM
Tell me again why there MUST be a statement? I get why you might want to give one, but there’s nothing that says you have to. And I feel like the general consensus is that he will be back aside from a few people on message boards who are still holding out hope.

He told a group of people that give the university a very large sum of money every year to pretty much kiss his Yankee ass. There will be no mending fences after that tirade. He embarrassed Cohen doing this as well. Allowing him to return as the head coach next season will be the absolute dumbest thing this athletic department has done since keeping Croom after year three. Saying it will be toxic is an understatement.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 11:30 PM
OM with Luke this year.

Yup. Another.

MrKotter

Being that some media members have asked the status of Moorhead remaining as head coach and were told no comment you would think something would be released. Also, if we are parting ways with him I cannot see that being made known the day after winning a rivalry game. He may be the head man in 2020 and Cohen may just handle statements with the press in an unusual manner. I don?t think anybody really knows at this point. I sure as hell would not hang my hat on what Gene is saying. That squad has been very out of the loop for quite some time.

Bubb Rubb
What was the quote that Gene had?

Do you actually believe Cohen would use Gene? Also, why hasn't any credible beat writer been able to confirm the info Gene got?

I don't think Gene is lying. I just think he got the run around and "things change" comment.

He made a post this morning that it is 100% confirmed that Moorhead will be the head coach for the bowl game and next year. And yes, you'd better believe that info came straight from Cohen. Gene wouldn't have written it in as strong of terms if it didn't.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 11:31 PM
It's not normal to answer "no comment" when asked about it

Maybe so.....but every single sure fire FACT yesterday has come and gone. I bought it. It didn't happen.

Quaoarsking
In fact, if he is staying, Cohen should pull out all the stops broadcasting it AND give him an extension (although the extra year has to have $0 extra buyout of course). If we're keeping him, we need to project confidence to the players, recruits, assistant coaches, and fanbase. It's a real shit or get off the pot situation.

Really Clark?

You mean like this:

“Will Muschamp “is our football coach and I expect him to be our football coach for a long, long time,” Tanner said, per Josh Kendall. “I believe strongly that our fan base and our biggest supporters are going to be very happy at some point. It’s not today.”

Or this:

Coburn, addressing a Football Scoop report that FSU would pursue Meyer, told the Tallahassee Democrat, "If [Taggart] were hit by a bus tomorrow, we would not target Coach Meyer, period. I say that with all due respect to Coach Meyer, but we would not target Steve Spurrier, either." Coburn told the Democrat of the chatter, "There is a lot of complete nonsense floating around there right now." He said he has not been in contact with Taggart's agent, Jimmy Sexton, about a possible separation after the season. "We just need to focus on winning football games and our fans need to focus on coming out and supporting this team," Coburn told the Democrat.

Or this:

“If I had a dollar for every rumor in this business I'd be retired a long time ago. That's 20-plus years I've been an athletic director. I can't get caught up in all the rumors and innuendo. It's gotten more difficult because of social media. ...Coach Sumlin is our coach; we're looking forward to the future. He has done not only from a competitive standpoint but an academic standpoint all the principles that we think Texas A&M represents he represents.

It happens all the time with coaches under fire.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 11:33 PM
He made a post this morning that it is 100% confirmed that Moorhead will be the head coach for the bowl game and next year. And yes, you'd better believe that info came straight from Cohen. Gene wouldn't have written it in as strong of terms if it didn't.

Then all Cohen has to do is release a statement or leak his intentions to the media that keep asking him for info. Seems simple enough.

Why hasn't it happened?

Behrdawg
We don't need quarterly update post on what's not happening. There's a lot going on behind the scenes. I'll put it to you this way. Forget everything other posters put on here over the last few days. If something doesn't happen by Sunday, it ain't happening. Plain and simple.

Money vs Admin

You're welcome.

ShotgunDawg
In fact, if he is staying, Cohen should pull out all the stops broadcasting it AND give him an extension (although the extra year has to have $0 extra buyout of course). If we're keeping him, we need to project confidence to the players, recruits, assistant coaches, and fanbase. It's a real shit or get off the pot situation.

This

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 11:34 PM

Gene is the official unofficial mouthpiece. Always has been. If he posted that, that was how it stood at that time. If it's changed, we are screwed no matter what happens.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 11:35 PM
Then all Cohen has to do is release a statement or leak his intentions to the media that keep asking him for info. Seems simple enough.

Why hasn't it happened?

It DID happen. See Gene....

Cooterpoot
11-29-2019, 11:35 PM
Moorhead ain’t getting fired. That’s a fact. Move on and wait til next year at this time.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 11:39 PM

Why hasn't it happened?

You'll have to ask him. But I promise you I'm not making up what I'm telling you. I don't care whether you believe it or not. I'm just trying to save you some anxiety.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 11:41 PM
Moorhead ain’t getting fired. That’s a fact. Move on and wait til next year at this time.

Jesus Christ. We'll be trying to hire a coach while OM, USCe, Vandy and God knows who else are trying too.

Shit. And that's not including the shit show we have put up with on the field next season.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 11:42 PM

That sly bastard deserves an Oscar for his performance at the PC last night. Like him or not, the dude bought himself another year

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 11:43 PM
Jesus Christ. We'll be trying to hire a coach while OM, USCe, Vandy and God knows who else are trying too.

Shit. And that's not including the shit show we have put up with on the field next season.

I agree. There's no better time than right now. We we lose our shot at Napier for sure if we don't strike now. Hell, Ole Miss may hire him next year and then we will be kicking rocks just like Joe wants us to.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 11:43 PM

My only hope is that Billy stays at ULL and we just try again next year. He doesn't fit OM so I don't see them hiring them, so let's just keep our fingers crossed

Cooterpoot
11-29-2019, 11:49 PM
When your AD is sucking the c@c&$ of the boosters that put him there, this is what you get. It’s why I’ve said, we NEVER need an MSU guy at AD. Especially not a former coach. Too easy for this bullshit stuff to happen.

JohnHenryBonham
11-30-2019, 12:01 AM

Hook, line, and sinker.....you took it all lolol.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 03:05 AM
God this is pathetic. Cohen isnt announcing that a coach is coming back. That's ridiculous. You announce a firing. That's it. Frankly, it gives us another year to watch the development of Eliah Drinkwitz who I'd rather have. He is a superstar in the making, instead of a Saban wannabe. How many Saban guys work out besides Smart?

DownwardDawg
11-30-2019, 07:41 AM

When multiple media outlets have asked about it, and your HC has addressed it in public, then yes. It's absolutely normal.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 07:50 AM
God this is pathetic. Cohen isnt announcing that a coach is coming back. That's ridiculous. You announce a firing. That's it. Frankly, it gives us another year to watch the development of Eliah Drinkwitz who I'd rather have. He is a superstar in the making, instead of a Saban wannabe. How many Saban guys work out besides Smart?

You're willfully ignorant

Really Clark?
11-30-2019, 08:12 AM

Make a statement confirming a coach is the coach happens all the time, all over the country, in multiple sports when there is fire that his job is in jeopardy.

Quaoarsking
11-30-2019, 08:56 AM

How can you read this thread and see all the counterexamples and still maintain this point?

I can't say with 100% certainty that anything will happen, but judging by what's gone on at other schools lately, Cohen will probably make a formal announcement if Joe is staying.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 10:46 AM
You're willfully ignorant

It's almost 10 am on Saturday. No Statement. Cohen is telling Shotgundawg to pound sand. In an unusual move he also told him to kick rocks.