PDA

View Full Version : Defense next year

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 07:26 PM
We can beat ourselves in the head arguing whether or not Moorhead should or shouldn't be here next year, but regardless of who the coach is, we'll have a pretty good defense next year

DE- Kobe Jones, Demonte Russell (3rd downs)
NT- Fabian Lovett, James Jackson
DT- Jaden Crumedy, Nathan Pickering, Kendall Jones, Allen Love
DE- Marquiss Spencer, Jordan Davis, Aaron Odom

WLB- Willie Gay, Aaron Brule, Nate Watson
MLB- Errol Thompson, Tyrus Wheat, Jett Johnson
Nickel- Fred Peters, Janari Dean (maybe?)

CB- Martin Emerson, Tyler Williams
S- Marcus Murphy, Shawn Preston
S- CJ Morgan, Colin Duncan
CB- Jarrian Jones, Forbes (if we keep him)

It's not a defense that'll be the overall #1 defense, but it's a feisty bunch with solid depth at places. I went ahead and assumed Willie will be back. Obviously the quality of the defense changes if he goes pro so a lot hinges on whether he comes back. This is also assuming Shoop returns. The work he did last night was incredible. It'd be huge to have him back another hear so we can continue some continuity with the defense. Feel free to correct errors I made or suggest different names bc I'm sure I missed something

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 07:32 PM
Tyler Williams will start, and I think we rework the safety position.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:41 PM
We can beat ourselves in the head arguing whether or not Moorhead should or shouldn't be here next year, but regardless of who the coach is, we'll have a pretty good defense next year

It's not a defense that'll be the overall #1 defense, but it's a feisty bunch with solid depth at places. I went ahead and assumed Willie will be back. Obviously the quality of the defense changes if he goes pro so a lot hinges on whether he comes back. This is also assuming Shoop returns. The work he did last night was incredible. It'd be huge to have him back another hear so we can continue some continuity with the defense. Feel free to correct errors I made or suggest different names bc I'm sure I missed something

Dean will be better than Morgan when he gets here. Fred Peters is also better than Morgan. Williams is better than Emerson, and Jones (He is a WR trying to play DB, Moorheads fault)

I wouldnt count on Gay being back for sure

R2Dawg
11-29-2019, 07:50 PM
We need some LB help and more DL

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 07:56 PM
Gay is too fast to not go pro, but I hope he comes back.

chef dixon
11-29-2019, 08:00 PM
Marcus Murphy is a stud and I actually thought Preston was decent. DT will be a strength next season. LB's could be really good if the studs return.

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 08:09 PM
Dean will be better than Morgan when he gets here. Fred Peters is also better than Morgan. Williams is better than Emerson, and Jones (He is a WR trying to play DB, Moorheads fault)

I wouldnt count on Gay being back for sure

Agreed, Morgan has been a liability all year.

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 08:11 PM
One thing to point out was the decrease of missed tackles last night in comparison to all year. Murphy & Gay made a huge impact. The entire D picked up the slack because Lord knows the offense was 8th grade simple.

parabrave
11-29-2019, 08:26 PM
Defense should be solid next year. No matter is JoMo leaves or not I think that the team will be more physical next year

Coach34
11-29-2019, 08:47 PM
Gay and Thompson are 50/50 to return

We still don't have a pass rusher at DE

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 09:00 PM
One thing to point out was the decrease of missed tackles last night in comparison to all year. Murphy & Gay made a huge impact. The entire D picked up the slack because Lord knows the offense was 8th grade simple.

Missing them and Autry hurt us really bad this year. It was very obvious when they played.

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 09:02 PM

Jordan Davis

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 09:04 PM

I think Thompson returns. Willie, like you said, is 50/50. But if we were to lose both, we'd be 17ed

Dawgology
11-29-2019, 09:48 PM
Let’s just make sure they all do their tests on their own.**

Bdawg
11-29-2019, 09:52 PM

Losing both would really sting

msu15
11-29-2019, 09:55 PM
This is why I feel like 8-4 is attainable with our schedule. Just my opinion though

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 10:06 PM
This is why I feel like 8-4 is attainable with our schedule. Just my opinion though

Next year's schedule is brutal.

Ari Gold
11-29-2019, 10:27 PM
Jordan Davis

And Tre Lawson , might end up being the best juco out of the bunch

DeputyDawg94
11-29-2019, 10:32 PM
8-4 is very attainable and with aTm at home 9-3 is possible. Having said that, the current negative coach effect probably brings the win total down by 2.

Thick
11-29-2019, 10:37 PM
I don’t think Gay’s coming back.

Ari Gold
11-29-2019, 10:38 PM

Kendal Jones graduates
Tre Lawson will for sure be in the 2 deep at DE
Benjamin Key will also have a chance to be in the rotation at DT
Jack Harris might surprise some next year Im guessing he moves to DE as well

the Def will be good next year, if the jucos are as good as everyone says .. esp if Willie comes back

Thick
11-29-2019, 10:41 PM
8-4 is very attainable and with aTm at home 9-3 is possible. Having said that, the current negative coach effect probably brings the win total down by 2.

You are kidding right? We will be 0-4 in the month of October. Next year is a rebuild year. We couldn’t win 8 games this year with better experienced players offensively. We only won 8 games his first year when we were loaded with talent, and you think 8 maybe 9 next year???? We will be lucky to win 5 next year.

Thick
11-29-2019, 10:42 PM
Kendal Jones graduates
Tre Lawson will for sure be in the 2 deep at DE
Benjamin Key will also have a chance to be in the rotation at DT
Jack Harris might surprise some next year Im guessing he moves to DE as well

the Def will be good next year, if the jucos are as good as everyone says .. esp if Willie comes back

The PROBLEM is the OFFENSE!

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Yeahhh the offense will be pretty putrid next year

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 10:45 PM
Yeahhh the offense will be pretty putrid next year
Can it get worse?

chef dixon

Ding, ding, ding! Steamed, warmed over horse shit of an offense. And that alone is good enough reason for why he should be fired.

KB21
I don’t agree with calling next year a rebuilding year. Maybe for the offense, but the defense will be experienced. All of those guys mentioned played this year, and if the coaching is worth its salt, those guys should improve going into their 2nd years of experience.

Thick
11-29-2019, 10:46 PM
If only the defense could score.

Ari Gold
11-29-2019, 10:48 PM

No disagree here

Thick
11-29-2019, 10:48 PM
I don’t agree with calling next year a rebuilding year. Maybe for the offense, but the defense will be experienced. All of those guys mentioned played this year, and if the coaching is worth its salt, those guys should improve going into their 2nd years of experience.

Well, I’m sorry to tell you this but when you are rebuilding one side of the football, it’s a rebuilding year!

DeputyDawg94
11-29-2019, 11:13 PM
You are kidding right? We will be 0-4 in the month of October. Next year is a rebuild year. We couldn?t win 8 games this year with better experienced players offensively. We only won 8 games his first year when we were loaded with talent, and you think 8 maybe 9 next year???? We will be lucky to win 5 next year.
The 4 non conference games should be wins. Granted I have no idea what NCstate will be, but I think a mediocre SEC team should be able to beat a mediocre ACC team. There?s 4,then add Upig, UK, Umiss and Mizzou. That?s 8 and we get aTm at home. Yes it?s possible. Without a change at HC I can also see another 6-6 year.
ETA: this is not a prediction, just a way to early look ahead at the schedule.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 11:18 PM
Can it get worse?
Losing some on the OL and Deddrick Thomas who ended up being our only receiver worth a flaming shit. So in the words of the great Laremy Tunsil, I'd have to say yeah, it can get worse. Especially if Kylin leaves.

DeputyDawg94
11-29-2019, 11:21 PM
Losing some on the OL and Deddrick Thomas who ended up being our only receiver worth a flaming shit. So in the words of the great Laremy Tunsil, I'd have to say yeah, it can get worse. Especially if Kylin leaves.

If Kylin leaves and we don’t get any improvement from the WRs then my 8-4 thoughts go out the window.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 11:31 PM
If Kylin leaves and we don’t get any improvement from the WRs then my 8-4 thoughts go out the window.

I can't imagine Kylin comes back. Doubt his draft stock will improve with another year of college.

Bubb Rubb
11-30-2019, 12:09 AM
I think Thompson returns. Willie, like you said, is 50/50. But if we were to lose both, we'd be 17ed

We'd better be preparing for it. 50/50 is generous. Gay leaving, I'd call that likely.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2019, 12:38 AM
Barring a major setback, Kylin is going pro.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2019, 12:41 AM
We'd better be preparing for it. 50/50 is generous. Gay leaving, I'd call that likely.

What’s funny is that Willie should come back and Errol should go pro.

Errol isn’t improving his draft stock with another year, he is who he is, an inside 3-4 LB.

Willie could really improve his draft stock with another year, but I keep hearing he is dead set to go blow up the combine and go pro. If he does, someone is getting a first round talent in the 3-4th range.

KOdawg1
11-30-2019, 12:44 AM
Well if Willie, Errol, Kylin, and Cam all go pro, we ain't going bowling and our Moorhead problem will be solved.