PDA

View Full Version : For those at the game

starkvegasdawg
11-29-2019, 05:42 PM
How were your experiences? Upper deck east side half the concession windows were closed. My wife went down for a couple things and stood in line for over an hour.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 05:43 PM
The only bad/unexpected thing was the shuttles at the end of the game were really slow. I heard there was an accident with one of the shuttles though.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 05:43 PM
That was by far the best atmosphere since UF a year ago. But when I say everything under Moorhead is on the decline, I mean everything. The lines to get in the stadium are absolutely ridiculous. Something has to be done

basedog
11-29-2019, 05:47 PM
I don't go for the concession stands but I took my youngest grandson and he had no problem going a half dozen times. LOL

Great atmosphere last night, obviously more fans than what some were saying earlier, hell the Usm game had more fans than Om had last night.

Quaoarsking
11-29-2019, 05:49 PM
Security was a total clusterf*** just getting in. It finally sped up when my gate started just waving everyone through the metal detectors, which got me to my seat by kickoff, but defeats the purpose of having them.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2019, 06:21 PM
Security was a total clusterf*** just getting in. It finally sped up when my gate started just waving everyone through the metal detectors, which got me to my seat by kickoff, but defeats the purpose of having them.

Yep, we did the same thing. Stood in line for about 30 minutes and right around kickoff got in and was waved around it.

LC Dawg
11-29-2019, 06:28 PM

We had the same experience with security. I made it to my seat right after kickoff.
I will say I enjoyed the game atmosphere. Our fans were great. I think the noise affected Ole Miss and they probably would have won that game if it had been in Oxford.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 06:28 PM
Whoever is in charge of game management has done an absolutely terrible job all year. They need to go.

wild_dawg
11-29-2019, 06:36 PM
A lot of the game workers just simply don't show up. Something has to be done

jacksondawg
11-29-2019, 06:40 PM

I talked to the security staff while walking into the game and they said they have around 50 people not show up for the game that were supposed to be working the game

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 06:42 PM
Whoever is in charge of game management has done an absolutely terrible job all year. They need to go.

I agree.

But last night was the best atmosphere all year. Being a night helps a lot.

LoneStarDawg
11-29-2019, 06:49 PM
We had no real issues other than gates were backed up...we got in line about 5:40 and took about 15-20 minutes to get in. But, other than that concessions, restrooms, etc. were not a problem.

Goldendawg
11-29-2019, 06:55 PM
Son and I got in line at the gates beside Seal Bldg about an hour before kick off and it took us approx 20 minutes to get through, packed and slow. Woman behind me still trying to sneak in a leather purse. I noticed that a couple of gates were closed. We sit in Section 4 and I stood in line for the entire half plus 5 minutes for a Dreamland BBQ only to be told that they were sold out after I ordered. Would it be so hard for these vendors to post a sign or something, but they tried to sell me something else. While in the long, slow line, another guy told me pizza was also sold out. "Security" and metal detectors are a joke when trying to get in. Bunch of kids running them and concessions were an understaffed joke all year long. I guess it was worse in 1963 when you couldn't go from the endzone to the grandstands and Dad paid a guy to get us hot dogs and coffee on that cold day we tied UM 10 - 10. Very poor game mgt on and off the field this year.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-29-2019, 07:07 PM
Son and I got in line at the gates beside Seal Bldg about an hour before kick off and it took us approx 20 minutes to get through, packed and slow. Woman behind me still trying to sneak in a leather purse. I noticed that a couple of gates were closed. We sit in Section 4 and I stood in line for the entire half plus 5 minutes for a Dreamland BBQ only to be told that they were sold out after I ordered. Would it be so hard for these vendors to post a sign or something, but they tried to sell me something else. While in the long, slow line, another guy told me pizza was also sold out. "Security" and metal detectors are a joke when trying to get in. Bunch of kids running them and concessions were an understaffed joke all year long. I guess it was worse in 1963 when you couldn't go from the endzone to the grandstands and Dad paid a guy to get us hot dogs and coffee on that cold day we tied UM 10 - 10. Very poor game mgt on and off the field this year.

Upper east was out of drinks other than Powerade and water.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2019, 07:17 PM
Yeah, just another witness for you to note, Cohen.

SE gate ..... we got in line 30 minutes before kickoff. We would have missed kicked off. If they didn?t say screw it about 10 minutes to kick and wave us through.

Lower east side. It was a 30-45 minute wait
For concessions.

Just ridiculous

deadheaddawg
11-29-2019, 07:19 PM
Crowd energy was great. Concessions were awful. Bus lines were awful.

Goldendawg
11-29-2019, 07:20 PM

SE gate ..... we got in line 30 minutes before kickoff. We would have missed kicked off. If they didn?t say screw it about 10 minutes to kick and wave us through.

For concessions.

Just ridiculous

Don't you know that complaints like this on the internet will make even worse Bulldog fans? Just put on your maroon colored glasses, shutup and send more $. Hail State!

deadheaddawg
11-29-2019, 07:27 PM
I've got a client who owns a large chain of popular chicken restaurants. They are in the works to take over all the concessions. They will be bringing in fast food combos like you see at gas stations. One area will be a taco bell. One area a Hardee's. Ect.

Current management of the concessions knew the contract was up at the end of the year and just didn't care.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 07:27 PM

We need to give him another year - he didn?t inherit Jerry?s world......

dantheman4248
11-29-2019, 07:30 PM
NW athlete friends & family gate was the longest and slowest i've seen it this year. Lined up at 5:30 and made it to my seat at 5 min to kickoff. Usually took me 10 minutes max to get through that line.

Lack of workers due to thanksgiving and last game of the year so why show up to work if they fire you you miss nothing else i'd imagine. Just shows the lack of enthusiasm leaking into the stadium workers. (Shoutout AL hat man working for our stadium. Whoever let's that happen should be fired idc.)

Goldendawg
11-29-2019, 07:34 PM
Can we wait about 35 of an allowed 40 seconds to order as we make up our mind on a play, I mean a selection?

Rex54
11-29-2019, 07:49 PM
Security worker said they had forty no-shows... FORTY!

MagicDawg
11-29-2019, 08:52 PM
Long line getting in. We skipped the main gate and went to the middle of the west side and the line was a little shorter. We got in line about 5:35pm and we were in our seats (season tickets in section 1 provided by a friend) in time to watch the Famous Maroon Band pregame show. There were only 2 metal detectors at our entrance, with 2 people working each one.

Atmosphere in the stands was great despite the sprinkling of OM fans around. It was mildly annoying to hear them when OM did something good but going up 14-0 helped. By halftime they were jawing again.

Wife went looking for a snack sometime in the 4th quarter and when she finally came back she said they had run out of food. I guess they went skimpy on the inventory anticipating relatively mediocre crowds for a game between two struggling teams. They were wrong.

It was LOUD at the end. Very nice. I was at homecoming and it was so quiet and empty, I was worried. I was also worried that we were going to lose by 10-14 points. Thankfully we got a lucky break to win the game; hopefully we'll get a lucky break on a coaching change, too.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 09:14 PM
The game was good. A 55 minute wait at the security check for them to just open up the flood gates about 15 minutes into the game. There was probably 10-15 thosand outside trying to get in at that time.

So everyone was standing pretty much still for 35-40 minutes and then they just let everyone roll in. Seemed a bit stupid to me. Defeated the entire purpose of the security check.

As far as the game, I didn't get concessions so I cannot talk to the wait times. Some OK Boomer asshole in front of me was you know, being a Boomer asshole. We won the game even though we ran up the middle almost 70% of the time. So that was good. Tons of maroon and white. Ole Miss people kept their damn mouths shut. All in all, good night. Crowd was loud and engaged. Team seemed to have a breath of life. Good stuff.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2019, 09:35 PM
Section 04. Never left my seat.

Randolph Dupree
11-29-2019, 09:53 PM
Lower level west side. Lines were tough getting in. After that no issues. Best atmosphere all year.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2019, 09:56 PM
Security worker said they had forty no-shows... FORTY!

I believe it. My buddy missed the entire 3rd quarter at the concession stand. The ENTIRE 3rd quarter. West Side concessions had 1 window open. It's a joke.

Takes forever to get in the game. Hell it took me 15 minutes to get in the damn M club. In this day and age, the gameday experience needs to be flawless. We are going in the opposite direction.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 10:10 PM
If y'all want to fire Cohen, here is a legitimate reason to do it with cause. This is inexcusable.

TALL DAWG
11-29-2019, 10:26 PM
I've got a client who owns a large chain of popular chicken restaurants. They are in the works to take over all the concessions. They will be bringing in fast food combos like you see at gas stations. One area will be a taco bell. One area a Hardee's. Ect.

Current management of the concessions knew the contract was up at the end of the year and just didn't care.

Care to post a copy of the contract on this please?
Something has got to be done with concessions and metal
detector system.

Dogfight
11-29-2019, 10:36 PM

For concessions.

Just ridiculous
No doubt concessions on east side were and have been ridiculous ALL year!! Not to mention it was this bad and we haven?t had a packed house all year. Entry was a nightmare. Got in line at 5:35. 6:15 in seat. Stupid!! Plus there were still tons of people in line

Maridian Dawg
11-29-2019, 10:37 PM
I just wish that OM fans would sit in their own damn section. I know it's impossible, but I pay a lot of money to sit where I sit, and dammit there are OM fans in my section at every egg bowl. I exchanged courtesy waves and words with the ones behind me last night.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2019, 10:40 PM
Long line getting in. We skipped the main gate and went to the middle of the west side and the line was a little shorter. We got in line about 5:35pm and we were in our seats (season tickets in section 1 provided by a friend) in time to watch the Famous Maroon Band pregame show. There were only 2 metal detectors at our entrance, with 2 people working each one.

Atmosphere in the stands was great despite the sprinkling of OM fans around. It was mildly annoying to hear them when OM did something good but going up 14-0 helped. By halftime they were jawing again.

Wife went looking for a snack sometime in the 4th quarter and when she finally came back she said they had run out of food. I guess they went skimpy on the inventory anticipating relatively mediocre crowds for a game between two struggling teams. They were wrong.

It was LOUD at the end. Very nice. I was at homecoming and it was so quiet and empty, I was worried. I was also worried that we were going to lose by 10-14 points. Thankfully we got a lucky break to win the game; hopefully we'll get a lucky break on a coaching change, too.

I walked in 60 minutes before kick off. Place was empty. Then about 1.5 hours later it look chow call at the mess hall. I looked around and the place was full and loud.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2019, 10:42 PM
I just wish that OM fans would sit in their own damn section. I know it's impossible, but I pay a lot of money to sit where I sit, and dammit there are OM fans in my section at every egg bowl. I exchanged courtesy waves and words with the ones behind me last night.

I am with you there. My section was not too bad last night. The two bears who sat two rolls in front left at half time. Now the Bama game and LSU game I was surrounded. I pay a lot as well so I don't have to sit by them.

dawgoneyall
11-30-2019, 09:57 AM
I eat before a game and after.

I hate nachos....everyone on my row make a dozen trips to get those dang things...but i guess if it's not nachos it would be something else.

wild_dawg
11-30-2019, 10:08 AM
Did anyone try to go clean out their locker, suite, etc. yesterday and weren't able to get in? It said on the email clean out was 8am- 10pm yet no one was there to let us in. Others were trying to get in and couldn't as well. Called the Bulldog Club and left a message, figured they were closed but it was worth a shot.

graddawg
11-30-2019, 10:11 AM
How were your experiences? Upper deck east side half the concession windows were closed. My wife went down for a couple things and stood in line for over an hour.

At the risk of appearing to simply pile on, by the time I went to the concession stand with my eight-year-old at the end of halftime, the main stand in the area of the ramps to Sections 5/6 was out of hotdogs, pretzels, and candy. Before anybody questions those options, they are important to an eight-year-old.

When one of our fans made a smart ass comment to my kid that he shouldn?t be surprised as the school doesn?t want to have extra stock left over after football season, he didn?t have much of a response when I said all they need to do is move the extras to the damn Hump for the next three months. Maybe game operations doesn?t realize this simple fact.

Offshore Dawg
11-30-2019, 11:07 AM
The solution would be if some of you Fat asses could go without eating for 3 measly hours. Like jack did, stay in your seat.

Rex54
11-30-2019, 11:19 AM
The solution would be if some of you Fat asses could go without eating for 3 measly hours. Like jack did, stay in your seat.

This. If we could process the crowd into the stadium timely and have beer guys walking the aisles I’d have no issues.

StarkVegasSteve
11-30-2019, 11:52 AM
If one of my buddies wouldn’t have text me to go ahead and get in line at 5:30 then I doubt I would’ve gotten in on time. To only have half the lines open for the last game of the year....which is also a rivalry game is beyond ridiculous. Cohen is going to have more problems getting the fan base back this offseason than just the JoeMo error. The stadium Gameday ops sucked to start the season and sucked to end the season. Oh, and they sucked in the middle too.

coastratdog
11-30-2019, 12:53 PM
This. If we could process the crowd into the stadium timely and have beer guys walking the aisles I’d have no issues.

This....Simple solution, if you can find anyone who wants to work.

coastratdog
11-30-2019, 12:53 PM
This. If we could process the crowd into the stadium timely and have beer guys walking the aisles I?d have no issues.

This....Simple solution, if you can find anyone who wants to work.

Maridian Dawg
11-30-2019, 12:57 PM
I walked in at 5:15 through the Northwest/student gate and it took me about 30 seconds.

Mjoelner34
11-30-2019, 01:01 PM
If JoMo stays, all of these things wont be issues next year when the attendance is only around 20k.

SailingDawg
11-30-2019, 01:08 PM
That was by far the best atmosphere since UF a year ago. But when I say everything under Moorhead is on the decline, I mean everything. The lines to get in the stadium are absolutely ridiculous. Something has to be done

Don't you think everyone waited until the right before kickoff to go in because it was cold? And they were having fun tailgating?