PDA

View Full Version : 4:00 On Friday and Still No Statement from MSU

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 04:59 PM
One would think that if Joe was for sure coming back, a statement would've been released.

Now before anyone says "they don't need to release one with a coach under contract"; yes they do.

Joe needs a statement for recruiting and MSU fans need a statement to move on one way or another.

So, until I see a statement, I'm going to assume the question at large is open ended and fluid.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 05:04 PM
I agree. I've started feeling better the longer we go without a statement. Multiple media outlets have reached out to our Athletic Dept and they have made no comment.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 05:07 PM
I agree. I've started feeling better the longer we go without a statement. Multiple media outlets have reached out to our Athletic Dept and they have made no comment.

Exactly. Actions speak louder than words.

There is obviously a power struggle or funding struggle going on right now.

Either way, it'll all shake out soon.

Coach34
11-29-2019, 05:09 PM
There is obviously a power struggle or funding struggle going on right now.

Yes Sir

confucius say
11-29-2019, 05:11 PM
Yes Sir

Which side you think Cohen and Keenum are on?
Is the struggle between the alums and other alums or alums and the administration?

ShotgunDawg
Yes Sir

It doesn't take rocket science to figure it out.

The question now is: how do you bring him back after all this?

dawgday166
Yes Sir

May be wrong but what I read when you say that is: Joe played his cards just right last night to make sure he got paid ... one way or the other?

msstate7
Yes Sir

Well if a team takes the personality of its coach, Lord help us if our AD loses out to joe

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 05:12 PM
Is the struggle between the alums and other alums or alums and the administration?

This may sound odd, but I think Cohen wants to fire him but is struggling to get the boosters off an emotional high to help pay the buyout.

chef dixon
11-29-2019, 05:18 PM
This may sound odd, but I think Cohen wants to fire him but is struggling to get the boosters off an emotional high to help pay the buyout.

My gut tells me opposite. Cohen is getting cold feet because Joe is his guy.

basedog
11-29-2019, 05:20 PM
IF there is a Coach that we have interest in and has a game to play Saturday all the silence makes since. Not some power struggle. You let a Coach finish the regular season, things will come out Sunday.

i took Joe's PC as a discomfort with his status as our football Coach.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 05:21 PM

This is what I think too. Plus, Cohen is the face of MSU in athletics. Joe put him in a tough spot either way with his presser last night. I'm convinced Joe knew exactly what he was doing. Joe has done nothing but look out for Joe since he's been here. He's Hugh Freeze minus the religious overtones.

Coach34
Hell, you never know exactly who knows what obviously- but Cohen aint the problem is the word

defiantdog

This situation is similar to the 2007 season with Croom. We all wanted him gone, but he got 8 wins and beat OM. He then shit the bed in ?08 and got fired.

BrunswickDawg
11-29-2019, 05:22 PM

Or maybe Cohen and the boosters want him gone, but Keenum has cold feet. You know how he is about the Egg.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 05:24 PM
Yes Sir

So in other words, Joe is our coach for 2020 lol. Do things like this ever work out the way we want them to as MSU fans? I imagine the leader in the clubhouse now as far as options has to be “Joe is our coach for 2020”.

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 05:24 PM
Or maybe Cohen and the boosters want him gone, but Keenum has cold feet. You know how he is about the Egg.
Keenum is not the kind of guy to get cold feet

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 05:26 PM
So in other words, Joe is our coach for 2020 lol. Do things like this ever work out the way we want them to as MSU fans? I imagine the leader in the clubhouse now as far as options has to be “Joe is our coach for 2020”.

No. I think he'll be fired but it's taking some time to pull everything together

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 05:36 PM
I think he is gone, if hes not gone he might as well be gone after all this. Its going to be tough to sell this to recruits, prolly gonna be tougher to patch things over with him pissing a bitch last night in the presser.

We beat a 4-8 OM team and we didnt even get 350 yards on offense. Excuses are bullshit, every single part of the program is on the decline since he took over. You can say 2-0 in the Egg and back to back bowls if you want, but you are just sticking your head in the sand. He aint it. He knows he aint it, he is just looking out for him and his now and I reckon I cant blame him for that. Lets just salvage it and be glad that we beat OM and made 2 bowls with a dud hire and send him down the road. Could have been a lot worse, it will get a lot worse in 2020 if he is back.

Honestly can any of you say you have any confidence in him at all that tells you we are improving or that we are going in the ''right damn direction''

confucius say
11-29-2019, 05:38 PM
My guess is the old people with money care more about beating om bc when they were 25 they dominated us, and feel like you cannot fire a guy who went 6-6.

The younger crew with money that has been behind making a move for the last two months are still wanting to make a move.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 05:39 PM
I think he is gone, if hes not gone he might as well be gone after all this. Its going to be tough to sell this to recruits, prolly gonna be tougher to patch things over with him pissing a bitch last night in the presser.

We beat a 4-8 OM team and we didnt even get 350 yards on offense. Excuses are bullshit, every single part of the program is on the decline since he took over. You can say 2-0 in the Egg and back to back bowls if you want, but you are just sticking your head in the sand. He aint it. He knows he aint it, he is just looking out for him and his now and I reckon I cant blame him for that. Lets just salvage it and be glad that we beat OM and made 2 bowls with a dud hire and send him down the road. Could have been a lot worse, it will get a lot worse in 2020 if he is back.

Honestly can any of you say you have any confidence in him at all that tells you we are improving or that we are going in the ''right damn direction''

That is the absolute 100% correct assessment of this situation! He needs to go while there's something to salvage. Rep given!

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 05:42 PM
That is the absolute 100% correct assessment of this situation! He needs to go while there's something to salvage. Rep given!

It was a huge red flag when he started making the excuse at media days about how his team really wasnt that good in 2018 and how we should be happy bc we havent won the league since 1941.

But at that same event 1 year prior he was talking rings and heismans. He wrote a check his yankee ass couldnt cash. I say we drag his ass out kicking and screaming thank him for his time and beat that ass when he goes somewhere else where they are fine with getting by and making excuses

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2019, 05:43 PM

Joe beat them 35-3 with a huge talent advantage and 21-20 with a slight talent advantage. Everyone by this time understands that Joe is only good when he has the better talent on the field. He isn't the type of coach that is going to truly upset anyone. Last year we beat AU and A&M but we actually had the better team. He even lost to teams that he had a talent advantage over like UK and Iowa in 2017 (and probably UF) and KSU and UT this year.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 05:45 PM
So what is the “power struggle” over? If Cohen & Keenum both want to make a move but certain boosters don’t want to, did I not read on here that there is some large fund that was donated to the athletic dept. specifically for a situation like this? For buyout purposes? Or am I dreaming that up? If that’s the case, why are Cohen & Keenum having to try to convince certain boosters to get on board when they can just dip into that fund to get rid of him? Again, I’m FOR getting rid of Joe and think he needs to go. He’s not the answer. It’s pretty easy to see after 25 games even after getting us to 2 bowl games, he’s severely underachieved in 2 years. But I’m trying to think realistically instead of getting too giddy over the idea of him leaving. I’m hoping y’all are right that this could still end up happening. I’m just in “believe it when I see it” mode after how quiet it’s been and how things have switched up from yesterday.

Quaoarsking
11-29-2019, 05:56 PM
I could believe a situation where boosters want him gone and the administration doesn't want to fire him, but it's just unfathomable to me that Keenum and Cohen could be trying to fire him and boosters are trying to save him.

Like, really? Who in the world would have enough money to be a big donor and then want to use that money to keep Joe Moorhead? I can understand why someone might be ambivalent on him rather than 100% on the "Fire Joe" train, but who wants him to stay so bad that they're willing to make a big money power play for him?

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 06:06 PM

As far as the 2-0 in the Egg Bowl, Joe has had the luxury of playing 2 of the worst OM teams in recent memory.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 06:07 PM
I hate to disappoint you guys but Moorhead isn't going anywhere unless he decides to go.

I wish this weren't the case, but it is.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 06:09 PM
I hate to disappoint you guys but Moorhead isn't going anywhere unless he decides to go.

You may be right, but I'll wait to see a statement.

KB21
11-29-2019, 06:10 PM
I doubt it is a situation where boosters want to keep him but Cohen wants to fire him. I can definitely believe that this is a situation where there were parameters set prior to the Egg Bowl, and now one party has gone against those parameters. So, now we are potentially looking at a situation where we will have to increase the buyout to Joe while also buying out the coach we want to hire.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 06:14 PM

Will you settle for Cohen telling people last night that Moorhead was "his coach"? How about him saying that rumors were started by folks trying to harm the program? I know none of this is written in the press, but he said this stuff. That's why Gene went public with his assertion that Moorhead will be back.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 06:19 PM

You got one. Gene Swindoll has already put it out. ***

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 06:30 PM
Will you settle for Cohen telling people last night that Moorhead was "his coach"? How about him saying that rumors were started by folks trying to harm the program? I know none of this is written in the press, but he said this stuff. That's why Gene went public with his assertion that Moorhead will be back.

What else is Cohen going to say when asked in the moment when everything isn't in order?

I'll wait for an official release.

There is no reason not to release one, so I'll wait for that.

Only an idiot would say that rumors were started by people trying to harm to the program. Only an idiot would say that. JoMo has done plenty to harm the program the past two years.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 06:34 PM
So, is that our process now? Issue an official release every season stating that our coach will return the next season? I hope you aren't holding your breath.

Maybe you should start another thread about it.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 06:37 PM
So, is that our process now? Issue an official release every season stating that our coach will return the next season? I hope you aren't holding your breath.

When a coach is on the hot seat and speculation is being made for weeks? They absolutely do. Even in season they make a statement. Even the death nail ?vote of confidence?. It?s done all the time all over the country

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 06:38 PM

When rumors are this large, yes.

And if they don't want to release a statement, then release something to Dan Wolken or a media outlet just letting it be known that he'll be back.

We've seen nothing like that and Genespage doesn't count. Those guys are a tool to the athletic department to serve an agenda. It'll have to come from someone more credible

yjnkdawg
11-29-2019, 06:39 PM
I think the ones in charge, and who will make any call on any coaching change, actually thought that we were going to lose to OM, and then it would be bye bye. With us winning last night and then the soap opera drama last night it may have kinda put a monkey wrench into the plan. As for as you waiting on your statement by MSU, that will only be possible if JoeMo is leaving for another job, or he has been removed as our head coach.

basedog
11-29-2019, 06:41 PM
Money

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 06:42 PM
As for as you waiting on your statement by MSU, that will only be possible if JoeMo is leaving for another job, or he has been removed as our head coach.

Not true at all. There is absolutely no reason to not leak official word to a credible media outlet if you don't want to make a statement.

I'll wait for that.

yjnkdawg
11-29-2019, 06:42 PM
When rumors are this large, yes.

And if they don't want to release a statement, then release something to Dan Wolken or a media outlet just letting it be known that he'll be back.

We've seen nothing like that and Genespage doesn't count. Those guys are a tool to the athletic department to serve an agenda. It'll have to come from someone more credible

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on this, as it could be hazardous to your health.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 06:43 PM
Money

I think this is the issue.

Cohen may end up screwing us twice.

1. Hired a bad coach
2. Gave him an extension that meant we couldn't afford to fire him.

I think the collection plate is being passed around right now.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on this, as it could be hazardous to your health.

Well that's what a competent athletic department would do. Not certain we are that.

basedog
11-29-2019, 06:47 PM
$$$$$$$

MrKotter
11-29-2019, 06:51 PM

Then why tell Rick Cleveland ?no comment? when asked of Moorhead?s status? Makes zero sense if Moorhead is his guy. Not saying Moorhead is done but some stuff just does not add up

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 06:52 PM
Or, Cohen had no intention of firing Joe this year and planned on him coming back, minus a viscous UM beatdown. That didnt happen, the Egg stayed in Starkville, and we go bowling for a 10th straight year. Like it or not, offer excuses or whatever, he is 2-0 in Egg Bowls and we are 2 for 2 in going bowling. Grumble, mumble, bitch, scream, and do whatever, but he appears to be coming back and no statement is necessary.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 06:53 PM
Then why tell Rick Cleveland ?no comment? when asked of Moorhead?s status? Makes zero sense if Moorhead is his guy. Not saying Moorhead is done but some stuff just does not add up

Exactly.

People are hearing what they want to hear with this situation instead of looking at the actions and available evidence.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 06:54 PM
Or, Cohen had no intention of firing Joe this year and planned on him coming back, minus a viscous UM beatdown. That didnt happen, the Egg stayed in Starkville, and we go bowling for a 10th straight year. Like it or not, offer excuses or whatever, he is 2-0 in Egg Bowls and we are 2 for 2 in going bowling. Grumble, mumble, bitch, scream, and do whatever, but he appears to be coming back and no statement is necessary.

Out AD isn't this lackadaisical.

If he knew Joe was coming back, something would be released to the media.

yjnkdawg
11-29-2019, 06:56 PM

Probably because Cohen didn't want to discuss that topic with the media at this point in time.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 06:57 PM
Probably because Cohen didn't want to discuss that topic with the media at this point in time.

Exactly and he still doesn't.

Use Occum's Razor here and tell me why that might be?

OLJWales
11-29-2019, 06:58 PM
I'm still standing behind my uninformed guess. Change is coming. Just not as fast and with a different " delivery" if you will from Cohen since we won last night. The cigar boys can't stand by and witness continued digression.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 06:59 PM

It doesn't make it right. His ass should be on the next train out of town.

Goldendawg
11-29-2019, 06:59 PM
So, "No news is good news." I think this statement can be taken to make both sides in the Jo soap opera happy!****** BTW, E Moore and Metcalf just got an endorsement deal with Chewy.com. Hail state!

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 07:05 PM

I believe Cohen was in the school book depository and Keenum was on the Grassy Knoll.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 07:13 PM
Is it normal to issue an official statement if you are not firing a coach?

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:16 PM

Are you Moorheads wife? Got to be. Hide and watch. He is done

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-29-2019, 07:16 PM
OK, so to organize everyone's thoughts I'll try to organize the possible situations:

1) Joe agreed to a buyout, we had a new coach in place, BUT joe got emotional after the EB and decided to stay which means new legal stuff has to be negotiated. Now Cohen is trying to renegotiate the buyout and make this as clean as possible.

2) Joe agreed to a buyout, we had a new coach in place, BUT joe got emotional after the EB and decided to stay which means new legal stuff has to be negotiated. AND, some boosters changed their tune after the EB win and Cohen is trying to put the pieces back together get Moorhead out of here.

3) Moorhead always wanted to fight and stay but all the new coach rumors were true. However, EB win is change some boosters' mind on that and Cohen is trying to piece it back together.

4) Moorhead always wanted to fight and stay but all the new coach rumors were true. However, EB win changed COHENS' mind and boosters are trying to force his hand right now.

5) Moorhead WILL be fired according to plan, but we aren't announcing the new coach yet (New coach insisted on finishing his season).

6) Moorhead will NOT be fired if he agrees to Cohens' new terms (you have to have a new S&C coach, etc).

7) Moorhead will NOT be fired and that's the end of it.

To me, if it was 1) or 5) then we'd have insiders assuring us JoMo will leave. If it was 7) we'd already have an official statement, and if it was 6) we would too since there was time today for Joe and Cohen to meet.

That leaves 2), 3), and 4). What little insider info we've gotten recently makes obvious there's a power struggle, and imply 4) is true by saying things like "big money guys are telling Cohen they won't donate if Joe is here". So it seems Cohen is team Joe. EB probably gained him the ammo he needed to put his foot down and defend Joe.

However, whether it's 2) 3) or 4) Joe obviously isn't 100% safe yet or we'd have had a statement by now. There is hope, though I'm not sure how much...

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 07:22 PM

Post Game Moorhead: "My Yankee ass ain't going nowhere!"

Post Game Cohen Response to Rick Cleveland: "No comment."

If Moorhead's position was secure for next season Cohen would have wasted no time in validating what Joe said.

I'm still standing behind my uninformed guess. Change is coming. Just not as fast and with a different " delivery" if you will from Cohen since we won last night. The cigar boys can't stand by and witness continued digression.

Moorhead took a direct shot at the cigar boys in his presser. He didn't have to. He went out of his way to do it. If Cohen let's a mediocre coach that lucked up and won a rivalry game by one stinking point dictate to him how it's gonna be the financial support for athletics is going to get awful thin.

Goldendawg
11-29-2019, 07:27 PM
My source, (lady who cuts my hair's 5th grade niece's boyfriend who doesn't like UM), says that we are working out language to extend Jo's contract back to 4 years, give him a big raise, and increase his buyout because we stomped a great UM team by 1 point.***** Hail state!

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 07:30 PM
Are you Moorheads wife? Got to be. Hide and watch. He is done

No, I'm just having fun watching the lunatic fringe lose their minds. Really you guys have made me laugh my ass off for the past 3 days. In the know folks have run like roaches. Nothing from them. Crickets. Several have called their bluff and you cant find them on the site now. I'll say it again. I support whoever our coach is until he is fired or leaves. I'll do the same for the next. I can criticize everything I see that I dont like. But I'm not into mob violence group think.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 07:32 PM
No, I'm just having fun watching the lunatic fringe lose their minds. Really you guys have made me laugh my ass off for the past 3 days. In the know folks have run like roaches. Nothing from them. Crickets. Several have called their bluff and you cant find them on the site now. I'll say it again. I support whoever our coach is until he is fired or leaves. I'll do the same for the next. I can criticize everything I see that I dont like. But I'm not into mob violence group think.

OUTSTANDING!

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:35 PM

You and liverpool must be the same guy. I didnt say I was in the know, but Im telling you this. Be careful not to fall off your high horse bc you and pool aint out of the woods yet. He could easily be gone by tomorrow at supper time.

If yall were running the show we would still have templeton and be bitching about how we fired Allyn

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 07:39 PM
You and liverpool must be the same guy. I didnt say I was in the know, but Im telling you this. Be careful not to fall off your high horse bc you and pool aint out of the woods yet. He could easily be gone by tomorrow at supper time.

If yall were running the show we would still have templeton and be bitching about how we fired Allyn

And reading comprehension must be foreign to you. I'm not calling for him to stay or go. If I had a say he'd get next year to get things right. I dont. Most of the guys who post are in their 20s or 30s. I'm in my 50s. I was student during our 1 win season. None of yall have lived through Bellard. I simply make no attempt to tear down my team and school because I am pissed.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:42 PM
And reading comprehension must be foreign to you. I'm not calling for him to stay or go. If I had a say he'd get next year to get things right. I dont. Most of the guys who post are in their 20s or 30s. I'm in my 50s. I was student during our 1 win season. None of yall have lived through Bellard. I simply make no attempt to tear down my team and school because I am pissed.

Im not tearing anything down, Im telling you the truth. You are making excuses just like Moorhead does.

I believe you and Im sorry you had to go thru that, but the Poor Ol State syndrome is strong in you. It probably would be me too if I was alive then

shannondawg
11-29-2019, 07:45 PM
Why not start a gofundme? I heard we only about 2.5 mil shy.

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 07:47 PM
Im not tearing anything down, Im telling you the truth. You are making excuses just like Moorhead does.

I believe you and Im sorry you had to go thru that, but the Poor Ol State syndrome is strong in you. It probably would be me too if I was alive then

Group think. I disagree with several loudmouths so I'm making excuses. Here is the bottom line. You, Coach34, Cooter, Etc can scream about Moorhead all you want, but Cohen and Keenum make the final decision. I dont and neither do you. So tell John how you feel. I went to class with him several times. I'm sure he has calmed down now, but adress him like folks on this board have addressed the folks who disagree, and you will find out how intense he can get.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 07:49 PM

It's normal to leak intentions to credible media members when the media is asking for statements, which Joel Coleman is confirmed as doing.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:50 PM
Group think. I disagree with several loudmouths so I'm making excuses. Here is the bottom line. You, Coach34, Cooter, Etc can scream about Moorhead all you want, but Cohen and Keenum make the final decision. I dont and neither do you. So tell John how you feel. I went to class with him several times. I'm sure he has calmed down now, but agrees him like folks on this board have addressed the folks who disagree, and you will find out how intense he can get.

This we do agree on. I aint calling a single shot. But I can decide where I spend my hard earned money at, and its not gonna be for a loser.

I love Cohen, Im all for him. I trust him. I know he is intense when I was a kid I worked at Trustmark park for the Braves and after the Governors Cup one year, I think 2015 when we sucked, he had them on the field ripping their asses for a solid 30 mins after. So long that we had to wait on them to leave to finish working on the field

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 07:54 PM
OK, so to organize everyone's thoughts I'll try to organize the possible situations:

1) Joe agreed to a buyout, we had a new coach in place, BUT joe got emotional after the EB and decided to stay which means new legal stuff has to be negotiated. Now Cohen is trying to renegotiate the buyout and make this as clean as possible.

2) Joe agreed to a buyout, we had a new coach in place, BUT joe got emotional after the EB and decided to stay which means new legal stuff has to be negotiated. AND, some boosters changed their tune after the EB win and Cohen is trying to put the pieces back together get Moorhead out of here.

3) Moorhead always wanted to fight and stay but all the new coach rumors were true. However, EB win is change some boosters' mind on that and Cohen is trying to piece it back together.

4) Moorhead always wanted to fight and stay but all the new coach rumors were true. However, EB win changed COHENS' mind and boosters are trying to force his hand right now.

5) Moorhead WILL be fired according to plan, but we aren't announcing the new coach yet (New coach insisted on finishing his season).

6) Moorhead will NOT be fired if he agrees to Cohens' new terms (you have to have a new S&C coach, etc).

7) Moorhead will NOT be fired and that's the end of it.

To me, if it was 1) or 5) then we'd have insiders assuring us JoMo will leave. If it was 7) we'd already have an official statement, and if it was 6) we would too since there was time today for Joe and Cohen to meet.

That leaves 2), 3), and 4). What little insider info we've gotten recently makes obvious there's a power struggle, and imply 4) is true by saying things like "big money guys are telling Cohen they won't donate if Joe is here". So it seems Cohen is team Joe. EB probably gained him the ammo he needed to put his foot down and defend Joe.

However, whether it's 2) 3) or 4) Joe obviously isn't 100% safe yet or we'd have had a statement by now. There is hope, though I'm not sure how much...

I'll take number 2

Either way though, he'll be fired.

If the AD that hired him doesn't believe in him, then how could anyone else?

MrKotter
11-29-2019, 07:55 PM

That makes no sense either. If everything is fine you don?t say no comment

the_real_MSU_is_us

Is it normal to have 80+% of your fanbase against a coach and very intense online rumors about our coach being fired? No. So we've already established this isn't a normal day after the EB. AD's usually make statements supporting hot seas HC's, even if they fire those HC's 2 weeks later. So, isn't it strange that if COhen intends to keep Joe that he hasn't issued a statement, even though all the national media people have questioned whether Joe would be here next year?

bobcat91
This we do agree on. I aint calling a single shot. But I can decide where I spend my hard earned money at, and its not gonna be for a loser.

I love Cohen, Im all for him. I trust him. I know he is intense when I was a kid I worked at Trustmark park for the Braves and after the Governors Cup one year, I think 2015 when we sucked, he had them on the field ripping their asses for a solid 30 mins after. So long that we had to wait on them to leave to finish working on the field

John was fun to be around but no one hates losing more than him. He will make sure this is right. I'm not fighting you guys, I want what's best for us going forward but I have no intention of tearing the fanbase apart over something I cant control. When a commit out of Greenville tweets about he cant believe our fans and another commit from Philadelphia agrees, it gives me pause. Hail State.

ShotgunDawg
That makes no sense either. If everything is fine you don?t say no comment

This

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 07:56 PM
Is it normal to have 80+% of your fanbase against a coach and very intense online rumors about our coach being fired? No. So we've already established this isn't a normal day after the EB. AD's usually make statements supporting hot seas HC's, even if they fire those HC's 2 weeks later. So, isn't it strange that if COhen intends to keep Joe that he hasn't issued a statement, even though all the national media people have questioned whether Joe would be here next year?

Yup. It's amazing to me that people can't see the obvious.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:58 PM
John was fun to be around but no one hates losing more than him. He will make sure this is right. I'm not fighting you guys, I want what's best for us going forward but I have no intention of tearing the fanbase apart over something I cant control. When a commit out of Greenville tweets about he cant believe our fans and another commit from Philadelphia agrees, it gives me pause. Hail State.

Moorhead will be a good recruiter, Im sure some kids love him. But if none of the kids respect you they will walk all over you. Thats his problem. You cant be their friend

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 08:01 PM
Moorhead will be a good recruiter, Im sure some kids love him. But if none of the kids respect you they will walk all over you. Thats his problem. You cant be their friend

Most of all, he's just not a good coach. Whatever he's trying to get done isn't being comprehended.

Coach34
11-29-2019, 08:02 PM
Group think. I disagree with several loudmouths so I'm making excuses. Here is the bottom line. You, Coach34, Cooter, Etc can scream about Moorhead all you want, but Cohen and Keenum make the final decision.

Not sure what your deal is but I pass along shit I hear. A lot of times its good stuff- sometimes its bad intel. It is what it is. There's a reason this board is one of the major fansites for Miss State- and its not because I'm wrong a lot.

We had a verbal deal and then Joe won the EB getting new found courage to force our hand for a total buyout if we wanted him gone. Our guys are deciding if we want to pay it or roll one more year and then do it at a cheaper price. When millions are at stake people don't make those decisions willy nilly. We haven't heard anything out of the athletic department because nothing is 100% at this point. As I pointed out this morning- I think we are going to puss out because we won the Egg and go one more year. Hope I'm wrong. It will be much harder to hire a coach next year than this one.

#HailState

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-29-2019, 08:04 PM
I'll take number 2

Either way though, he'll be fired.

If the AD that hired him doesn't believe in him, then how could anyone else?

If it's a simple as "Joe is pitching a fit and wants more money, so we'll negotiate for a day or two then fire him", don't you think some of these "sources" everyone has would say that? But the "sources" that were just saying "Joe is gone for sure!" 24 hours ago are not telling the same thing to our ED insiders now. C34, Commet, etc. All they really say is "it's chaos". To me, "chaos" implies power struggles between the president/AD and boosters... not a soon to be fired HC asking for money we can easily pay him as a unified AD, President and money men finalize a deal with the next HC.

Of course, maybe Cohen really clamped down on the leaks and decided to go dark till it's actually done. Or maybe I'm reading way too much into the limited evidence. BUT, I do know that it's taken 22 hours since the EB ended for anyone claiming to have a "source" has said it's just more buyout talk... and again, that rumor hasn't even been confirmed by other insiders.

I hope to hell it's just buyout talk/waiting for the "right time", but I'm far from convinced

EDIT: Nevermind C34 just posted saying the buyout rumor is true, but he thinks we'll keep Joe anyway over a few $M. If that's true, our AD's lack of willing to fork over $4-5M more will cost $10M in less ticket and concession sales, not to mention millions in hits to the local economy from reduced fans traveling to the city

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 08:04 PM

Kids always love the parent giving them candy all the time.

basedog
11-29-2019, 08:06 PM
Why not start a gofundme? I heard we only about 2.5 mil shy.

+1

Folks don't understand economics 1. Contracts can get sticky and demands vary on both sides. I laugh when I read "we got the money"*

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 08:06 PM
Not sure what your deal is but I pass along shit I hear. A lot of times its good stuff- sometimes its bad intel. It is what it is. There's a reason this board is one of the major fansites for Miss State- and its not because I'm wrong a lot.

We had a verbal deal and then Joe won the EB getting new found courage to force our hand for a total buyout if we wanted him gone. Our guys are deciding if we want to pay it or roll one more year and then do it at a cheaper price. When millions are at stake people don't make those decisions willy nilly. We haven't heard anything out of the athletic department because nothing is 100% at this point. As I pointed out this morning- I think we are going to puss out because we won the Egg and go one more year. Hope I'm wrong. It will be much harder to hire a coach next year than this one.

#HailState

How do we employee a guy that reneged on his agreement and the athletic department doesn't believe in?

That's the biggest lame duck situation I've ever heard of.

Under the circumstances you just described, we HAVE to fire him. No choice.

basedog
11-29-2019, 08:09 PM
If it's a simple as "Joe is pitching a fit and wants more money, so we'll negotiate for a day or two then fire him", don't you think some of these "sources" everyone has would say that? But the "sources" that were just saying "Joe is gone for sure!" 24 hours ago are not telling the same thing to our ED insiders now. C34, Commet, etc. All they really say is "it's chaos". To me, "chaos" implies power struggles between the president/AD and boosters... not a soon to be fired HC asking for money we can easily pay him as a unified AD, President and money men finalize a deal with the next HC

Of course, maybe Cohen really clamped down on the leaks and decided to go dark till it's actually done. Or maybe I'm reading way too much into the limited evidence. BUT, I do know that it's taken 22 hours since the EB ended for anyone claiming to have a "source" has said it's just more buyout talk... and again, that rumor hasn't even been confirmed by other insiders.

I hope to hell it's just buyout talk/waiting for the "right time", but I'm far from convinced

EDIT: Nevermind C34 just posted saying the buyout rumor is true, but he thinks we'll keep Joe anyway over a few $M. If that's true, our AD's lack of willing to fork over $4-5M more will cost $10M in less ticket and concession sales, not to mention millions in hits to the local economy from reduced fans traveling to the city

It's all complicated. Way over the average message board poster.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-29-2019, 08:13 PM
How do we employee a guy that reneged on his agreement and the athletic department doesn't believe in?

Agreed. It'll cost us far more in less ticket sales than we'll gain in lowered buyout (which is a pill Cohen doesn't want to swallow) , will waste another FB season (which is a pill the money me hate to swallow), and will put the program is danger as a lame duck coach will have an extra hard time getting players to listen to him or recruiting (which is a pill nobody wants to swallow).

What happened to the Seal money people talked about? The stuff that's earmarked for coaching buyouts. Was that just BS? I can believe if Joe wants $9M cash NOW then our boosters might have a hard time being so quick with it, but if we have it sitting in the bank why not?

TrapGame

#HailState

If Joe is the wrong fit today he's still the wrong fit tomorrow. Waiting a year is the worst possible thing to do. If they cave to Moorhead all faith in this administration to ever do the right thing for the university will be lost.

bobcat91

#HailState

Here's my deal. I'm no different than you in wanting what's best for us. We just disagree with how it's done. If hes gone hes gone. If he stays he stays. But the constant drumbeat needs to end when the decision is made. Too many have a burn it all down if I dont get my way. You've made it very clear your opinion of him. Fair enough, but at the end of the day, I support whoever is there. I had season tickets through Croom, who is the worst HC in our history. Didnt matter, I called him Coach.

Coach34
11-29-2019, 08:14 PM

I agree. His press conference alone would get money from me if I had it- but we are at the mercy of the Big Dawgs. They have to step up and fix this. It's not Cohen. They know its fix it now or fix it next November at a cheaper rate

Bdawg
11-29-2019, 08:15 PM

Sounded like he didn't want to go anywhere last night. Maybe just a ploy or maybe not.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 08:18 PM
I agree. His press conference alone would get money from me if I had it- but we are at the mercy of the Big Dawgs. They have to step up and fix this. It's not Cohen. They know its fix it now or fix it next November at a cheaper rate

A cheaper rate for them but lots of lost money for Starkville businesses. Someone's paying either way.

Goldendawg
11-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Liverpool and Bobcat are Croom and McCorvey incognito: Just give us about 4 more years and our West Coast, We mean RPO offense will work at State against all but good SEC defenses! Hail State!

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-29-2019, 08:19 PM
It's all complicated. Way over the average message board poster.

Thank you for clearing that up sir. I'm glad someone as smart as you would grace us long enough to tell us we're too stupid to possibly comprehend what's going on rather than waste your time trying to actually explain it.

If you ever need you shoes shined I'd be honored to do it for such an in the know man like you. But I'm afraid I can't wash your car- that takes water, soap, brush, ect and that's too complicated for this average message board poster

basedog
11-29-2019, 08:23 PM
If Joe is the wrong fit today he's still the wrong fit tomorrow. Waiting a year is the worst possible thing to do. If they cave to Moorhead all faith in this administration to ever do the right thing for the university will be lost.

Pony up***

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 08:23 PM
Joes being an ass now since we won last night trying to get more money. He's showing his true colors after making an agreement on a buyout. Let's hope we jus ante up and send his "Yankee ass" down the road

basedog
11-29-2019, 08:24 PM
Thank you for clearing that up sir. I'm glad someone as smart as you would grace us long enough to tell us we're too stupid to possibly comprehend what's going on rather than waste your time trying to actually explain it.

If you ever need you shoes shined I'd be honored to do it for such an in the know man like you. But I'm afraid I can't wash your car- that takes water, soap, brush, ect and that's too complicated for this average message board poster

LOL , +1.

confucius say
11-29-2019, 08:27 PM
Joes being an ass now since we won last night trying to get more money. He's showing his true colors after making an agreement on a buyout. Let's hope we jus ante up and send his "Yankee ass" down the road

What?s the total buyout, 9 million?

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Pony up***

Y'all take Vcash?***

Coach34
11-29-2019, 08:29 PM

$6MM and change

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 08:31 PM

The original agreement was for 4+ now he wants over 6.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 08:31 PM
$6MM and change

Wait a min .. is it true then that he wants more than the actual buyout?

msstate7
11-29-2019, 08:32 PM
$6MM and change

How's that extension after a disappointing season last year looking now?

basedog
11-29-2019, 08:33 PM
Deleted

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 08:33 PM

I believe you Commerce. So, if the admins cave to this pompous Yankee so he can coach one more year to save money we deserve everything next season brings. It will be a total shit show.

basedog
11-29-2019, 08:34 PM
Y'all take Vcash?***

Good one! But unfortunately you are way short, now $6 million sounds about right

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 08:34 PM
Good one! But unfortunately you are way short, now $6 million sounds about right

Bruh, I'm as broke on the internet as I am in real life.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 08:37 PM
I believe you Commerce. So, if the admins cave to this pompous Yankee so he can coach one more year to save money we deserve everything next season brings. It will be a total shit show.

You right. This whole thing has been a total cluster. Smh

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 08:40 PM

No doubt. It'll be a shit show for Joe as well and ruin his career.

I think Joe is just posturing. He'll cave as well soon.

Bdawg
11-29-2019, 08:45 PM

How the heck is a coach going to recruit and coach a team when he knows they don't want him around. Recruits will know this and I can only see negatives if we keep him now. People can't hear you have a new coach ready to come and then end up keeping the one your trying to out. Next year will be a disaster and a wasted year!

Bdawg
11-29-2019, 08:58 PM

Why would a coach want to stay in this situation. If he's just being an ass, that means he will take a buyout. But he's going to try to get as much as possible before he goes. No way I would stay after being a dick through buyout negotiations. 1) because they obviously don't want me and 2) how do you work another year with people your being a dick too when there is a multi million dollar out staring you in the face.

Makes me believe the only ways he stays if he and Cohen are on good terms somehow.

confucius say
11-29-2019, 08:59 PM
The original agreement was for 4+ now he wants over 6.

The hold up is over 2 million dollars? If so that will get done

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 09:03 PM

Why would a coach want to stay in this situation. If he's just being an ass, that means he will take a buyout. But he's going to try to get as much as possible before he goes. No way I would stay after being a dick through buyout negotiations. 1) because they obviously don't want me and 2) how do you work another year with people your being a dick too when there is a multi million dollar out staring you in the face.

Makes me believe the only ways he stays if he and Cohen are on good terms somehow.

Correct

Bdawg
11-29-2019, 09:06 PM

I actually feel better about this happening now. Joe feels like he picked up a little leverage and wants more. Hell I don't blame him. It's in his contract. Sounds like Joe will pick up some more cash but 2 mil is cheap when talking big picture. Hell the Piss and Miss was worth another mil to me. That win will be cemented forever in egg bowl lore!!!!

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 09:10 PM

🤞

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 09:15 PM
I actually feel better about this happening now. Joe feels like he picked up a little leverage and wants more. Hell I don't blame him. It's in his contract. Sounds like Joe will pick up some more cash but 2 mil is cheap when talking big picture. Hell the Piss and Miss was worth another mil to me. That win will be cemented forever in egg bowl lore!!!!

Also don't forget the bowl game.

That alone may be worth what he's asking for.

basedog
11-29-2019, 09:20 PM

Extra

dawgday166
I'm betting we won't know anything until Tuesday at the earliest ... unless all parties + lawyers/agents want to work on weekend. Hand shake deals are out the window now.

ETA: That's IF it happens. If not, we may not hear anything.

Bdawg
Also don't forget the bowl game.

That alone may be worth what he's asking for.

How much "extras" come with a bowl game?

Quaoarsking
11-29-2019, 09:54 PM
A cheaper rate for them but lots of lost money for Starkville businesses. Someone's paying either way.

If you were the one on the hook for $2M, it could be very easy to convince yourself that Shrader will lead us to decency next year despite Moorhead.

ScottH
11-29-2019, 10:10 PM

2.5MM to be precise but your post is spot on.

confucius say
11-29-2019, 10:14 PM
2.5MM to be precise but your post is spot on.

I mean I feel confident we have 2500 people who will pay 1,000 each. Or 5000 people who will pay 500 dollars each. Get it done.

Ezsoil
11-29-2019, 10:42 PM

Dude it isn't 80% of the fan base...it's just a few keyboard cowboys ..if it was 80% of the fan base, the stadium would have been dead and there would have been tons of empty seats in the lower bowl, club level, gridiron and scoreboard clubs where most of the Bulldog Club menmbers are ...each of those areas were full on Thursday and that stadium hasn't been that loud since Florida in 18 and Alabama in 17.

Rejlector84sports
11-29-2019, 10:42 PM
Joe will be gone eventually this year... what I have figured is that Cohen has gotten either Norvill or Napier to plan to take over and for Joe to move out -- he just can't pull the trigger right now. Both of the coaches have their teams in conference championships that take precedent. In Norvill's case, it's a chance to get his beating Cincinnati again and get Memphis into that Gang of 5 spot in the Cotton Bowl. If Napier is the guy he is also otherwise involved, having to take on App State next week. In the end I think two things will happen --

1) Norvill or Napier will be announced as the new coach, but he won't come until after their teams finish out the season.
2) Joe will coach the bowl game after the school announces he will not be returning.

Timing on this will be dependant on how ULL and Memphis do next week.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 10:54 PM
Joe will be gone eventually this year... what I have figured is that Cohen has gotten either Norvill or Napier to plan to take over and for Joe to move out -- he just can't pull the trigger right now. Both of the coaches have their teams in conference championships that take precedent. In Norvill's case, it's a chance to get his beating Cincinnati again and get Memphis into that Gang of 5 spot in the Cotton Bowl. If Napier is the guy he is also otherwise involved, having to take on App State next week. In the end I think two things will happen --

1) Norvill or Napier will be announced as the new coach, but he won't come until after their teams finish out the season.
2) Joe will coach the bowl game after the school announces he will not be returning.

Timing on this will be dependant on how ULL and Memphis do next week.

The early signing day is an issue.

A new coach has to be named ASAP

Homedawg
11-29-2019, 11:03 PM

Anytime you get rid of , it think about canning a coach, all the pieces of the puzzle have to fit. From the president to the ad to the ones w the money. Now it doesn't have to be 3-0. But it's got to be workable and the problem w us is, we have to have several money guys to pony up. Sometimes getting all those on the same page can be challenging.

Homedawg
11-29-2019, 11:09 PM

I'm not sure where or why he has to posture. He has a buyout. We can either pay it or negotiate it to less. Why would he agree to less? Makes no sense. Unless we wave the part that if he takes another job it doesn't cost him

Homedawg
11-29-2019, 11:11 PM
How much "extras" come with a bowl game?

Not sure If this is what you meant but each coach gets a months pay for going to a bowl. That's a big big deal

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 11:13 PM
My guess is the old people with money care more about beating om bc when they were 25 they dominated us, and feel like you cannot fire a guy who went 6-6.

The younger crew with money that has been behind making a move for the last two months are still wanting to make a move.

I'd bet you're closer to correct than anyone. It definitely makes the most sense. Plus I imagine if we're going to make the move, we're waiting for two reasons:

1) We don't want to ruin the moment from a win over Northern Miss.

2) Assuming whoever we have lined up as the next HC is a current HC, we're waiting to let his regular season to finish tomorrow out of respect for his team, university and job.

My guess is Sunday is the earliest we're likely to get any news.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 11:16 PM

Based on his press conference he has no intentions of coaching here next year it would seem, its just posturing. If he had handled the PC professionally and just ignored any rumors of him being replaced when asked, he could have been an ass in private and raised his price without poisoning the well so to speak. And if we didn't want to meet it then one more year would be feasible. Based on what he displayed and verbalized at that PC last night though, if he stays we are going to have a toxic situation which Joe created by going Rambo on the biggest boosters in the fanbase and talking down to the fanbase in general.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 11:18 PM
I'd bet you're closer to correct than anyone. It definitely makes the most sense. Plus I imagine if we're going to make the move, we're waiting for two reasons:

1) We don't want to ruin the moment from a win over Northern Miss.

2) Assuming whoever we have lined up as the next HC is a current HC, we're waiting to let his regular season to finish tomorrow out of respect for his team, university and job.

My guess is Sunday is the earliest we're likely to get any news.

And that makes perfect sense. Sunday afternoon or maybe even Monday morning is when we get the official word either way.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 11:22 PM
Based on his press conference he has no intentions of coaching here next year it would seem, its just posturing. If he had handled the PC professionally and just ignored any rumors of him being replaced when asked, he could have been an ass in private and raised his price without poisoning the well so to speak. And if we didn't want to meet it then one more year would be feasible. Based on what he displayed and verbalized at that PC last night though, if he stays we are going to have a toxic situation which Joe created by going Rambo on the biggest boosters in the fanbase and talking down to the fanbase in general.

I don't think he wants to be here either. He's shaking us down on his way out. He's just making it as excruciating as possible on us to part ways.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 11:30 PM
I don't think he wants to be here either. He's shaking us down on his way out. He's just making it as excruciating as possible on us to part ways.

I'll be honest, I would take last night's PC and other things that have happened publicly this season into major consideration if I was any school that might be his next employer as a HC. He pretty much showed any future school how he is going to show his rear end and make everything VERY personal if things are going poorly for him.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2019, 11:49 PM
I'll be honest, I would take last night's PC and other things that have happened publicly this season into major consideration if I was any school that might be his next employer as a HC. He pretty much showed any future school how he is going to show his rear end and make everything VERY personal if things are going poorly for him.

I couldn't agree more.