PDA

View Full Version : I think what we saw last night

Churchill
11-29-2019, 04:32 PM
was Joe reneging on a verbal agreement either he or his agent had made with Cohen. I think he thought he had a place to go and it fell through. He (or his agent) had agreed to a reduced buyout but now he wants more money because he now has no where to go. I say this because if you knew the source of my info you would believe it too . I haven't talked to anyone today but the original story I heard Wed. morning included our new guy having already informed his employer and the announce would be made Monday. I still think Jughead is gone but the "price of pool" probably went up. I may be in LaLa land but this is where I think we are.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 04:36 PM
What you're saying aligns with what a lot of us heard prior to last night.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 04:36 PM
It sounds plausible.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Fire him and take the buyout to court based on Jughead reneging on a verbal agreement

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Gods I hope you're right. The longer we get radio silence, the antsier I get. The sooner we know one way or the other, the better for everyone.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 04:42 PM
Fire him and take the buyout to court based on Jughead reneging on a verbal agreement

Terrible idea. Verbal agreements almost never hold up. Any second year law school student could tell you that. Unless you've got it on tape, it's your word vs their word.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 04:44 PM
Terrible idea. Verbal agreements almost never hold up. Any second year law school student could tell you that. Unless you've got it on tape, it's your word vs their word.

Then fire him and pay the buyout. And yes we can afford it. We can’t afford not to.

KB21
I thought the same thing when I heard his press conference last night. When he paused for 10 seconds, that was when I thought he was going to step down. And he then proceeded to go off script.

Tbonewannabe
Another thing to consider, the regular season isn't over yet and with the signing day coming up maybe we want to just have a coach for the next few days until we can announce the new guy. At least that is what I am hoping is happening.

Joe's offense yesterday looked about as shitty as it normally does against SEC defenses. He did nothing to make me think that he deserves a 3rd year.

chef dixon
11-29-2019, 04:47 PM
Another thing to consider, the regular season isn't over yet and with the signing day coming up maybe we want to just have a coach for the next few days until we can announce the new guy. At least that is what I am hoping is happening.

Joe's offense yesterday looked about as shitty as it normally does against SEC defenses. He did nothing to make me think that he deserves a 3rd year.

That is my big problem. The offense sucks and he is the savant