PDA

View Full Version : What to do now.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Guys if this news is true, I will honestly be at my lowest point with Our football program ever and I did not miss a game in the Croom era. Anybody have any insight in to how to best initiate change going forward? I?m no cigar boy but this is the first year I haven?t made a game ever and next year will be the same. I think Cohen is making a terrible decision that will ruin our program for good and I will do everything in my power to stop it.

Sure - I can send him an email and tell him what I think but the IB wont even read it. I really feel like all the faithful supporters of our program that are in agreement on this should force change - not kick rocks.

wild_dawg
11-29-2019, 03:22 PM
Just playing devils advocate, but could yesterdays post game press conference be Joe fighting for his job? The University has had plenty of opportunities to reaffirm their faith in Joe and still haven't.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 03:27 PM
You support the players. Period. And the program in general as a whole.

Half empty stands don't make players want to come here. Bitching on Twitter and message boards doesn't make our current administration change their mind.

When you go to think about buying tickets, if you really are pissed off, think about how that money will ultimately help a new coach and future players currently in high school.

The program is larger than one fan and one head coach. Remember that when you decide you are done with MSU. If you really think Moorhead will fail, you are ultimately undercutting the financial impact for the next coach.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 03:42 PM
You support the players. Period. And the program in general as a whole.

Half empty stands don't make players want to come here. Bitching on Twitter and message boards doesn't make our current administration change their mind.

When you go to think about buying tickets, if you really are pissed off, think about how that money will ultimately help a new coach and future players currently in high school.

The program is larger than one fan and one head coach. Remember that when you decide you are done with MSU. If you really think Moorhead will fail, you are ultimately undercutting the financial impact for the next coach.

I always support our players in every sport - never said anything about being done with our program - That would not happen. But I?m not driving my family to Starkville from TX to watch a team that isn?t ready to play. So until we look like we are worth the drive, I can?t make that investment. Simple as that.
The way you are suggesting money works is not how it actually works. Alabama fans did not pack the house so they could hire Saban and they could spend money - Saban was the horse - fans money is the cart - you get it.

IMissJack
11-29-2019, 03:45 PM
Guys if this news is true, I will honestly be at my lowest point with Our football program ever and I did not miss a game in the Croom era. Anybody have any insight in to how to best initiate change going forward? I?m no cigar boy but this is the first year I haven?t made a game ever and next year will be the same. I think Cohen is making a terrible decision that will ruin our program for good and I will do everything in my power to stop it.

Sure - I can send him an email and tell him what I think but the IB wont even read it. I really feel like all the faithful supporters of our program that are in agreement on this should force change - not kick rocks.

Money talks. I will pay my bulldog club pledge by 12/31 because I keep my word. Then, I'm going to have more disposable income to do something with next year. But for me, this goes further than FB coach. I don't like the general leadership of the U lately.