PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the Bowl

jwells
11-29-2019, 02:57 PM
Let's show the administration we do not want to accept mediocrity and unpreparedness. Show the school an example of what will happen next season with Joe.

Dawgology
11-29-2019, 02:59 PM
I agree

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 03:00 PM
Agree

DogsofAnarchy
11-29-2019, 03:03 PM
Let's show the administration we do not want to accept mediocrity and unpreparedness. Show the school an example of what will happen next season with Joe.

I know you mean well but Season tickets is where it hurts the Administration. Support the Bowl Game and these players. Keep the faith but don’t be stupid.

Anonymous
11-29-2019, 03:04 PM

Sincerely, **** this idea.

Support the team or find another one. Send emails or call the administration, but don't take out your sour grapes by hurting the players busting their asses or the other employees just trying to do their job. That's what you are doing when you withdraw support/attendance.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 03:05 PM
It'll be very interesting to see spring game attendance if he stays. I'd bet poor

drummerdawg
11-29-2019, 03:05 PM
Y'all suck as fans

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 03:07 PM
I don't see how boycotting the bowl helps anything if the decision has already been made. While I don't want Moorhead back I am not going to sacrifice a whole year of football by hoping we lose every game next year. First thing I want to see is what, if any, changes Moorhead makes. First two changes needing to be made are a new S&C coach and a new special teams coach.

Fred Garvin
11-29-2019, 03:08 PM
Stupid is as stupid does

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 03:08 PM
Y'all freaking suck. I hate this fan base more and more with each passing day. This board has turned into a cesspool of the absolute worst our fan base has to offer.

wild_dawg
11-29-2019, 03:09 PM
Are you kidding me? Don't like the coach? Fine. I don't think he's the guy either but I'd love to be proven wrong. The best thing for Mississippi State is for Joe to work out. Why not root for that to happen? Even if you don't believe that will happen, why not support the team you claim to root for? I promise the decision of you to boycott the bowl or my decision to not will play no role in Joe's tenure at Mississippi State.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Well, if our opinions don't matter, maybe our wallets will.

fader2103
11-29-2019, 03:12 PM
Y'all can boycott. If I get tickets for Christmas like I have asked for I am going

NCMSTFAN
11-29-2019, 03:12 PM
This is getting ridiculous... support our team and coaches. The players especially cant control coaching decisions so why take it out on them and not support? I'm not the biggest fan of Moorhead either but I'm still a MSU fan and will support them no matter what

MaroonFlounder
11-29-2019, 03:14 PM
Nope.
F you.
I'm going to the bowl game.
Eat shit.

Dawgology
11-29-2019, 03:18 PM
It going to a bowl game won’t impact the players. They are going to a bowl game. Besides it’s a Moorhead team. The game is secondary to the experience of all the activities for the players.

mparkerfd20
11-29-2019, 03:19 PM
Like I said last night, I will boycott every game that Joe Moorhead is still our coach. 17 him and 17 those that want to keep him.

wild_dawg
11-29-2019, 03:19 PM
Well, if our opinions don't matter, maybe our wallets will.

I don't disagree with that, just saying that not supporting the team and the players does not help the program.

yjnkdawg
11-29-2019, 03:20 PM
Our players wanted and fought for that victory last night and they are happy to be going to a bowl game. So why penalize our player as they didn't make any of the coaching decisions since he has been here. Don't go if you don't want to go, but if you are basing that on showing the administration what they can expect in the lack of support and attendance next year by boycotting a bowl game, then you are way out in left field.

parabrave
11-29-2019, 03:21 PM
Someone is trolling the crap out of this board today.

Indndawg
11-29-2019, 03:21 PM
How about blowing up Cohen's twitter account w/raves of dissapproval

Dawgology
11-29-2019, 03:22 PM
How about blowing up Cohen's twitter account w/raves of dissapproval

Doesn’t matter. JoMO keeps Cohens balls in his desk drawer.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 03:29 PM
Y'all freaking suck. I hate this fan base more and more with each passing day. This board has turned into a cesspool of the absolute worst our fan base has to offer.

THIS

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 03:31 PM
Jeez y'all suck. You do NOT represent the vast majority of our fans. No matter what you think of the coach support the team and the university. This is just insanity.

basedog
11-29-2019, 03:35 PM
You guys suck! I wish the owners with this board would step up and end this crap!!!

BulldogDX55
11-29-2019, 03:35 PM
Eat shit

jwells
11-29-2019, 03:37 PM
My sentiment behind boycotting the bowl is to show that who we have in charge is not acceptable. A bowl game is an exhibition for fun and does not impact the season's success or failure in my mind. I will support the team in the game and next season but I want to do everything I can to invoke change before it's too late and it cost us in the future.

Dawg2003
11-29-2019, 03:40 PM
Boycotting the bowl is ridiculous.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 03:53 PM
Are you kidding me? Don't like the coach? Fine. I don't think he's the guy either but I'd love to be proven wrong. The best thing for Mississippi State is for Joe to work out. Why not root for that to happen? Even if you don't believe that will happen, why not support the team you claim to root for? I promise the decision of you to boycott the bowl or my decision to not will play no role in Joe's tenure at Mississippi State.

If he is going to be here, absolutely. Take all this damn effort we currently have to force hom to make the changes on O, S&C, and Special teams and we will more bang for our buck than trying to pull a Tenn with our head coach issue.

Coursesuper
So if we boycott the bowl game are we still boycotting the Outback Steakhouse? If so all theses boycotted things are going to get real confusing.

Hambone
Good!!! Take your whining ass somewhere else! Hopefully I can get your season tickets.

You say supporting THIS team is having a ?loser mentality? while honestly advocating boycotting games?

BYE, LEAVE!

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2019, 03:54 PM
I will go and support the team in a bowl.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2019, 03:56 PM
Some of y?all some ignorant 17rs.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 03:57 PM

And this guy is one of the ones Joe told to pound sand. You want him to be committed, commitment is easy when things are good. Commitment is easy when "your" guy is there. Commitment is easy when you have nothing other your fandom as the cost. Commitment is easy when you get it the way you want it.

Be a fan, or don't. Some of us are in it for life. As long as Moorhead is our coach, I will fight for him to do the best he can. If we want to discuss coaching contingencies on a public forum, we can do that too. Don't be surprised when Joe says that shit poison and he has no time for it.

shannondawg
11-29-2019, 03:58 PM

You tell em while I pats my foot!

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 03:58 PM
Also, don't be so thinned skin.

KB21
11-29-2019, 04:02 PM
Also, don't be so thinned skin.

Tell that to this head coach that you want to support.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 04:06 PM

go getem tiger

msudawg1200
11-29-2019, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I don?t agree with this.

Captain Falcon
11-29-2019, 04:23 PM
This is some petty BS. Either be a fan or find someone else to cheer for. If you legitimately can’t make it to the bowl because of family, financial, or work obligations, but will be cheering for us on TV (I’m in this boat), there’s nothing wrong with that. But don’t do this “boycott the program” crap because your panties are in a wad because you didn’t get your way after being an jerk and a troll all week leading up to the game.

Dawgology
11-29-2019, 04:45 PM
So, then, how do fans let an administration settling for mediocrity know they don’t support this decision to keep Joe? Send a strongly worded email followed with our donation, season ticket order, and bowl game ticket order? What administrator in their right mind would change anything as long as the same amount of money is flowing in and attendance doesn’t drop? What’s the plan? Just support everything out of blind acceptance so you can say you’re a fan when the team is led by a buffoon? Does that stroke your moral superiority complex. Fine. Accept mediocrity. Enjoy the football program as we regress back to the Croom years. Then you can proudly wear your Super-fan badges. Good job.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 04:49 PM
Like I said last night, I will boycott every game that Joe Moorhead is still our coach. 17 him and 17 those that want to keep him.

I'm probably going to forget you told us, so if you would remind us each day with a new message, that would be great.

I'm pretty sure nobody else will. I admire your passion and dedication.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 05:04 PM
WTF y’all? Support the players if nothing else.

If I don’t go to a bowl it’s because it didn’t work with my work schedule.

Not showing up hurts us with major bowls going forward long term.

Dawgology
11-29-2019, 05:09 PM

With Moorhead we won’t need to worry about bowl seeding much longer...

basedog
11-29-2019, 05:33 PM

Exactly, just remember, many who wanted us to lose last night and the ones saying boycott the bowl, don't go to games nor buy season tickets. If they do just don't buy tickets and quit worrying about the ones who do.

Bowls are for players and fans, I've enjoyed many and hope it's Music City. Being in a bowl brings some National attention to our school.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 05:45 PM
Sincerely, **** this idea.

Support the team or find another one. Send emails or call the administration, but don't take out your sour grapes by hurting the players busting their asses or the other employees just trying to do their job. That's what you are doing when you withdraw support/attendance.

Players have been late to meetings and practice all season this year and have not been held accountable. That is from a player on the team. Take it for what its worth to you

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 05:45 PM
With Moorhead we won’t need to worry about bowl seeding much longer...

Obviously he won’t be the coach forever. We were hurt by not attending the bowls in the Bellard era very well for years well into the 1990’s.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 05:47 PM
Exactly, just remember, many who wanted us to lose last night and the ones saying boycott the bowl, don't go to games nor buy season tickets. If they do just don't buy tickets and quit worrying about the ones who do.

Bowls are for players and fans, I've enjoyed many and hope it's Music City. Being in a bowl brings some National attention to our school.

People are attacking this the wrong way. And we all need to let this play out.

terradawg
11-29-2019, 07:49 PM
Shame! shame! shame! To encourage fans not to go to a MSU game is shameful. I went to the egg bowl last with my family, 2 of which are current MSU students. We all had a great time and was electrifying! Hell, we rang our bells so hard we broke 2 of them. Yes, the security line was longer and had to wait in line for drinks. But guys, we are "majoring on the minors". Just go to the games, take your family or a neighbor and ring your cowbell

Jack Lambert
11-29-2019, 09:37 PM
I am going.

Saltydog
11-29-2019, 10:57 PM
Don't have to "officially" boycott it. Most of us are so tired of the shit we just simply don't want to go.

deadheaddawg
11-29-2019, 11:10 PM
Lets get rid of our committed recruits too..... Because we want to lose while moorhead is here....we do not need good players.

if we want to really show the administration, let's show them. If Moorhead's recruiting plummets it will show he isn't working....and it will show the power of the fans.

Don't stop with just the ticket sales. Because not supporting the bowl games is just a big FU to the current players. Wouldn't be fair to not also give a big FU to potential recruits.

If you know any potential recruits do what you can to steer him away. It would only hurt the program if they are on campus next year

What if a true freshman makes a big play against ole miss next year leading to another egg bowl win.....we can risk it. Need to tank the recruiting class

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 11:44 PM
People are attacking this the wrong way. And we all need to let this play out.

Yes, and we do. There has been some very revealing stuff the last week. I won't forget it.

Bothrops
11-30-2019, 05:56 AM
You guys suck! I wish the owners with this board would step up and end this crap!!!

Yeah this place needs to be napalmed, pressure washed and done over.

Jack Lambert
11-30-2019, 10:47 AM
Yeah this place needs to be napalmed, pressure washed and done over.

The problem is the moderators have taken sides. They banned one guy because he was positive. They can call him a troll all they want but the bottom line he disagreed with them. You have guys who are just as much a troll as him but on the other side of the argument and they are still around. I keep my self coming to this board because I want to keep the traffic up on it but sooner or later it is going to become another nafoom.

bulldawg28
11-30-2019, 01:03 PM
Once we lose the bowl game by 14-20 points and look unprepared the administration will wish they would have fired Jomo. He's shown he breaks during bye weeks.

MedDawg
11-30-2019, 03:19 PM

No one will care if State fans don't go to the bowl game, except the bowl CEOs for future possible MSU bowls. The only place it would even be noticed would be in the Liberty Bowl. MSU administrators, coaches, and players likely expect a light turnout for anywhere else.

Indndawg
11-30-2019, 03:28 PM
I did NOT agree yesterday when this was brought up. But after the post game take down of MSU fans and the big FU from Cohen, Keenum, and some of the cigar boys...I agree.
Screw the bowl
Screw next season

Jack Lambert
11-30-2019, 03:35 PM

Isn't happening. They are part of that group.

Dawgbite
11-30-2019, 04:13 PM
It’s time for somebody to start a new message board called BitchDawgs. All bitching all the time.