PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Moorhead to return in 2020

jwells
11-29-2019, 01:56 PM
Just been told by someone with knowledge of the situation that Joe Moorhead will return next season. There will be a statement made later today/tomorrow stating the news.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 01:59 PM
#littlebrother

Rex54
BREAKING: Rex54 will not return in 2020

DownwardDawg

Hahaha. Lol
+ 1

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 02:00 PM
Next season is going to be rough.

deadheaddawg
11-29-2019, 02:01 PM
"I've just been told by someone with knowledge...blah blah blah"

lol

Madisonmd
Certainly has that potential

lefty96
Just been told by someone with knowledge of the situation that Joe Moorhead will return next season. There will be a statement made later today/tomorrow stating the news.

Is this someone with more or less knowledge than all of the other knowledgeable people in the last 48 hours?

KB21
I hope that isn’t true.

drummerdawg
11-29-2019, 02:02 PM
Good. I wouldn't give him a raise or an extension, but he deserves another year.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 02:02 PM
Yesterday you started a thread saying Joe was headed to Boston College.

Dawgology
11-29-2019, 02:03 PM
Another inside source!

CadaverDawg

Haha me too

lefty96

Different knowledgeable person man, that one doesn't count.

chef dixon
11-29-2019, 02:05 PM
Not saying this is incorrect but jwells is batting about .000

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 02:07 PM

Haha I knew I had seen his name recently in a "sources" thread...scroll over a few pages and his sources had Joe taking an unopened BC job yesterday.

lefty96
11-29-2019, 02:08 PM

At this rate SOMEONE will ultimately be right. It will be funny to watch the lucky winner come out and beat their chest afterwards.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 02:10 PM
Haha I knew I had seen his name recently in a "sources" thread...scroll over a few pages and his sources had Joe taking an unopened BC job yesterday.

He also said howland and nick w wouldn't be back this year too.

parabrave
Another inside source!

34s source????**

Gutter Cobreh

Based on your post yesterday and my calculations, you got about 10 more hours to get your posts in before they need to boot your ass from here:

It is not Chizik. Period. Will not be him because there is already an agreement with someone else. There will be a “mutual parting of ways” on Friday with Moorhead and we will go from there based on schedules. You can hold me to it. I will never post again if this does not happen

MrKotter
11-29-2019, 02:11 PM
Good. I wouldn't give him a raise or an extension, but he deserves another year.

He has not screwed everything up enough yet for you?

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 02:11 PM
He also said howland and nick w wouldn't be back this year too.

Yes he did

fader2103
11-29-2019, 02:13 PM
I will be back with whoever the coach is.

jwells
11-29-2019, 02:14 PM
Based on your post yesterday and my calculations, you got about 10 more hours to get your posts in before they need to boot your ass from here:

There was a material change. Cohen changed tune and sided with Moorhead after the game. Some money guys attempted to fight it but it was not enough. Moorhead/Cohen prevailed.

DLGDawg
11-29-2019, 02:16 PM
There was a material change. Cohen changed tune and sided with Moorhead after the game. Some money guys attempted to fight it but it was not enough. Moorhead/Cohen prevailed.

What is a material change?

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 02:17 PM

If that's true Cohen just signed his own pink slip for 2020. Expect a lot of funding for the university to suddenly dry up too.

parabrave
11-29-2019, 02:19 PM

So you were standing next to them? Dam son/girl you are worse than a couple of other posters.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 02:19 PM

So Joe played it smart then. He knew and his presser was putting Cohen in a tough position so then there can't be a "Joe takes another job" angle. I guess that means Joe really does want to be here then. Not sure why.

Or, there wasn't another team for Joe to go to. Either way ... Joe made it very difficult for Cohen to publicly do anything coming off that presser. Cohen don't wanna take the media heat on that I don't guess.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 02:24 PM
If that's true Cohen just signed his own pink slip for 2020. Expect a lot of funding for the university to suddenly dry up too.

Yep and Cohen will be on the clock.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 02:28 PM
Yep and Cohen will be on the clock.

Actually this is a MUCH safer move for Cohen.

Gutter Cobreh
11-29-2019, 02:28 PM

Stand behind your post yesterday. Don't come back with some lame ass excuse.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 02:32 PM

LOL! No, no it's not. He just put a loudmouth coach ahead of wealthy alums that give a shit ton of money, their money, to the university. Those people will never support Moorhead now and will have Cohen's head on a platter when it blows up in his face next season.

KB21
11-29-2019, 02:33 PM

How? If he keeps him, he’s burying everything Dan built. It’s going to cost Mississippi State and Starkville a lot of money. He’s basically signing his job away by keeping this dead end coach.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 02:34 PM
LOL! No, no it's not. He just put a loudmouth coach ahead of wealthy alums that give a shit ton of money, their money, to the university. Those people will never support Moorhead now and will have Cohen's head on a platter when it blows up in his face next season.

Yep and Davis-Wade will be a ghost town next year. Oh well if a change isn't made now Cohen will have to live with the consequences

Saltydog
He may very well return but I will not give anymore money to the BDC other than the minimum to keep my membership up until he's gone. I'm certainly no cigar boy but if enough people within the BDC ranks cut their contributions it adds up. 13K members at just $100 each would be $1.3MM. That's a lot for MSU.

Dawgology
So Cohen backed a guy that has underperformed, is costing the program and Starkville area millions in revenue, and will lead to massive revenue drop next year AND went against the wishes of major booster and donors because..... egg bowl? If this is true we need to release both of them Monday.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 02:35 PM

No

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-29-2019, 02:36 PM

Stop making absolute statements about something you know nothing of. Its all about the internal politics none of us are privy too:

IF the money guys truly wanted Joe gone and Cohen faught them, then next year when we suck (and we will suck under JoMo, make no bones about it) then those same money guys will want Cohens ass too. Why? Cohen was A) wrong to keep Joe, and B) challenged the boosters and pissed them off. So in this situation, Cohen will be gone in 1 year and burned a lot of bridges with the money guys.

OR, the smoke was WAY overblown, the money guys dont care that much if Joe stays or goes, and so they wont hold it against Cohen when Joe fails next year and the bridges haven't been burned. In that situation, they might let Cohen help make the next hire and that would give Cohen at least 3 more years.

First scenario seems far more likely than the 2nd, but like I said, none of us know for sure

KB21
11-29-2019, 02:36 PM
He may very well return but I will not give anymore money to the BDC other than the minimum to keep my membership up until he's gone. I'm certainly no cigar boy but if enough people within the BDC ranks cut their contributions it adds up. 13K members at just $100 each would be $1.3MM. That's a lot for MSU.

Same here.

sonof34
11-29-2019, 02:39 PM

Well...bye, go cheer for the turf pissers

Mjoelner34
11-29-2019, 02:43 PM
If this is true, my tickets will be on Stub Hub the minute I get them next year. I dont want to risk losing my seats for the future when the next A.D. actually has the guts to make the right move. So, if you see opposing fans in club level next year, dont blame me. Blame an A.D. who wouldnt sack-up.

jwells
11-29-2019, 02:44 PM
I want to add that even tho I am reporting that Moorhead is returning, I think this is a sad day for Mississippi State. The administration is willing to let a missed XP affect the course of the program for years to come. If the athletic administration truly wanted the best for Mississippi State, you stick to the initial decision that was made to let Moorhead go and not be beholden to someone who thinks beating 4-8 Ole Miss is equivalent to an SEC Championship. Moorhead speaks each and every week about a Championship Standard and yet has not shown that at any point on the field and last night the press conference proved that by belittling the roster he inherited and feeling like a 6-6 season proves he can coach in the league.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 02:48 PM
If we don't pull the trigger now we're just delaying the inevitable and it shows we are not serious about having a successful program. If the admin ain't serious about winning how can they expect boosters and fans to be? There will be zero excitement and support for the program next year.

jwells
11-29-2019, 02:51 PM
Do you think if Joe was told hire an OC and give up play calling duties so you can run the team he would do it? I don't and another reason I think he should go.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 02:52 PM
If we don't pull the trigger now we're just delaying the inevitable and it shows we are not serious about having a successful program. If the admin ain't serious about winning how can they expect boosters and fans to be? There will be zero excitement and support for the program next year.

Commerce, you hearing that he’s back now? This has turned a complete 180 from what a lot were saying on the board the last few days. Seemed to be a “sure thing” and boy has this changed real fast....

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 03:06 PM
Commerce, you hearing that he’s back now? This has turned a complete 180 from what a lot were saying on the board the last few days. Seemed to be a “sure thing” and boy has this changed real fast....

It's been extremely quiet today, to quiet. The money and support was there to make a change and if the admin doesn't go through with it then a lot of funds are going to dry up quickly. Joes little tantrum last night didn't help his cause with the people who pay the bills. I'm still hopeful but we'll just have to wait and see who wins out.

shannondawg
11-29-2019, 04:12 PM
I made a mistake on another thread stating the buyout was down to 4 mil and Napier was on board, per info I had gathered from this board.

Jwells just cleared it up, Joe will be back.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 04:23 PM
It's been extremely quiet today, to quiet. The money and support was there to make a change and if the admin doesn't go through with it then a lot of funds are going to dry up quickly. Joes little tantrum last night didn't help his cause with the people who pay the bills. I'm still hopeful but we'll just have to wait and see who wins out.

If we keep Jughead, we can all quit caring about MSU football. It's a club team masquerading as a college football program. We really are what Northern Miss accuses us of being: little brother who is content to just beat big brother. This year was the first time in nearly 25 years I haven't attended a football game and it was because of Jughead's performance last year. I guaran-damn-tee I won't go next year, either. The loudmouth Yankee has killed my excitement for my favorite sport.

Until we change our leadership, I'm done. I want much more for our University than just being better than Northern Miss. It's a sad day when we as alumni believe in our potential more than our alleged leadership.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 04:49 PM

Exactly. You thin skinned guys, amazing how fluid the sitaution is.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 04:52 PM
Well, now everyone can start fighting for him to change his mentality and offesive workflow between coaches. I believe we need a proper OC who calls plays etc. I believe we obviously need a new S&C coach. We obviously need a new special teams coordinator. Get it done Cohen.

mparkerfd20
11-29-2019, 04:53 PM
You don't know shit. Tired of all the rumors. Might as well wait for official announcements now.

KB21
11-29-2019, 05:03 PM
Demanding changes in the coaching staff isn’t going to change anything. The reason for the underachievement is the lack of discipline and lack of preparation this team has exhibited. That’s not going to change with a new offensive coordinator, new special teams coach, and new strength and conditioning coach. For one, no quality coach is going to come into this lame duck situation. Whoever comes in will just do things the way Joe wants them done. This program will continue to be this country club program that goes inside when it’s too hot or too wet, doesn’t stress fundamentals, and goes to the water park instead of South Farm.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 05:31 PM

I think there is some people within the admin that believe 6-6 and beating OM is as good as its ever gonna get for us.

AROB44
11-29-2019, 05:41 PM
If you have to tell a head coach what assistants to hire and/or fire, then you need to fire the head coach. Simple as that.

Turfdawg67
11-29-2019, 05:47 PM
I think there is some people within the admin that believe 6-6 and beating OM is as good as its ever gonna get for us.

And there's a shitload of fans that are okay with this too. Freaking amazing, I guess they believe, like Joe, that this was a rebuild or that it's still 1986.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 05:50 PM
If you have to tell a head coach what assistants to hire and/or fire, then you need to fire the head coach. Simple as that.

Yep. I want em gone; but if we keep em, let em do his staff how he sees fit

Cloak
11-29-2019, 05:55 PM
Jwells, stop with the predictions dude. You have been wrong every single time. I would think you'd luck up with how many times you've predicted something. Instead, you just keep guessing incorrectly.

jwells
11-29-2019, 06:11 PM
Jwells, stop with the predictions dude. You have been wrong every single time. I would think you'd luck up with how many times you've predicted something. Instead, you just keep guessing incorrectly.

Explain how I have been wrong on this one.

Dawgfan77
11-29-2019, 06:14 PM
If SloMo stays two things happened. One. MK has a shit ton more pull and got emotionally vested last night. Two. Leaks came out and we are pulling a tuberville/petrino shit show.

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 06:23 PM
If SloMo stays two things happened. One. MK has a shit ton more pull and got emotionally vested last night. Two. Leaks came out and we are pulling a tuberville/petrino shit show.

Shit show are the exact words I was texted today.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 06:27 PM

So Keenum (I’m assuming that’s who MK is) is now wanting to keep Joe because of last night? And the leaks on the boards about it being a done deal and saying who the next coach would be has ruined it? You’ve changed your tune some more even from this morning. Certainly sounds like we can give up the hope that he’s gone and just be ready for the JoMo show to be back for 2020...

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 06:27 PM
Shit show are the exact words I was texted today.

I've heard the words cluster**** this afternoon.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 06:29 PM
Let me just ask if this way, those of y’all who have the sources and inside info, what’s your updated % on Joe being gone vs the % he is our coach for 2020? This has been a damn headache to try to keep up with.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 06:30 PM
Let me just ask if this way, those of y’all who have the sources and inside info, what’s your updated % on Joe being gone vs the % he is our coach for 2020? This has been a damn headache to try to keep up with.

LOL ... yo head hurting too!!

Statecoachingblows**
11-29-2019, 06:31 PM

Enough about our offense, what's the word on the coaching situation?

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 06:34 PM
Enough about our offense, what's the word on the coaching situation?

Lol apparently things with our coaching situation are going as efficiently as our offense

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 06:37 PM
Lol apparently things with our coaching situation are going as efficiently as our offense

People looking around and not knowing what the hell is going on while Joe looks at
a piece of paper?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-29-2019, 06:37 PM
Stop posting shit like it is official breaking news

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 06:39 PM
So Keenum (I’m assuming that’s who MK is) is now wanting to keep Joe because of last night? And the leaks on the boards about it being a done deal and saying who the next coach would be has ruined it? You’ve changed your tune some more even from this morning. Certainly sounds like we can give up the hope that he’s gone and just be ready for the JoMo show to be back for 2020...

My impression which could be wrong is Keenum I think is mostly neutral. He may let Cohen deal with this since he wasn’t real happy with the process that put him in his position. Could be trying a ninja move to get Cohen in trouble down the line.

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 06:40 PM

Yes, that also. I think both might just be appropriate in this case.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 06:43 PM
People looking around and not knowing what the hell is going on while Joe looks at
a piece of paper?

Sounds about right

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 06:47 PM
My impression which could be wrong is Keenum I think is mostly neutral. He may let Cohen deal with this since he wasn’t real happy with the process that put him in his position. Could be trying a ninja move to get Cohen in trouble down the line.

How about Keenum focusing on our plummeting academic reputation, losing Carnegie 1 status under his watch and making the stupid 1 minute pro State commercials in which he is in every one. He must have taken a cue from Stan Lee in the Marvel movies

Dawgfan77
11-29-2019, 06:53 PM
So from my sources. Yes things are progressing but joe got 17 pissed that shit and names got out. Deal is in place but now joe wants more to save face. To say things are ****ed up would be an understatement. Let things play out

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 06:56 PM
So from my sources. Yes things are progressing but joe got 17 pissed that shit and names got out. Deal is in place but now joe wants more to save face. To say things are ****ed up would be an understatement. Let things play out

As I said I heard cluster associated with the happenings in Starkville today.

Turfdawg67
11-29-2019, 07:02 PM

On #2... give me a freaking break.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 07:02 PM

How long exactly is this supposed to play out? And if he’s making such a big deal about the buyout amount, why not dip into that fund that was donated for situations just like this and just pay him the full $8-9 mil amount and be done? Honest questions.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 07:03 PM

So pay him a couple more million and let’s ride!

Easy when it’s not my money.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 07:04 PM
How long exactly is this supposed to play out? And if he’s making such a big deal about the buyout amount, why not dip into that fund that was donated for situations just like this and just pay him the full $8-9 mil amount and be done? Honest questions.

Probably what’s going to end up happening if I had to guess.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 07:07 PM

So you think folks just like to reach into their pockets for an extra $2 or 3 mill they weren't planning on spending? Whether it's personal or "other" funds. Also depends on how much Joe wants too. It's really about Joe's pride/ego taking a big hit now more than anything.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 07:10 PM
So you think folks just like to reach into their pockets for an extra $2 or 3 mill they weren't planning on spending? Whether it's personal or "other" funds. Also depends on how much Joe wants too. It's really about Joe's pride/ego taking a big hit now more than anything.

Leo Seal is probably going to have to bail us out.

Dawgfan77
11-29-2019, 07:13 PM

Leo is dead but he still could

Just be patient folks. And whatever you do don?t tweet or FB names for gods sake. Let see what goes down. If SloMo is the HC Tuesday night then we have him for 1 more year and people folded

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 07:17 PM
Leo is dead but he still could

Just be patient folks. And whatever you do don?t tweet or FB names for gods sake. Let see what goes down. If SloMo is the HC Tuesday night then we have him for 1 more year and people folded

Actually there is a Leo and a Lee still kicking it in BSL. But the one the building in the end zone has passed.

Dawgfan77
11-29-2019, 07:22 PM
Actually there is a Leo and a Lee still kicking it in BSL. But the one the building in the end zone has passed.
You know exactly what I mean 😉

Mjoelner34
11-29-2019, 07:22 PM

Speaking of buyouts, too bad only the scratch-off lottery started in Mississippi this week instead of Powerball and Mega. State and ole miss fans would be buying shitloads tonight for tomorrow's drawing.