PDA

View Full Version : So Now That It's Over And Done With

Matt3467
11-29-2019, 01:30 PM
I'll pose the question I asked earlier this season again as I'm genuinely curious what people think and if any perspectives have changed.

Is a win over OM worth it if it means we keep Joe another year? Would a loss to OM have been better if it means we lose Joe and hire a Napier for example?

Now I said before if we beat OM and go 6-6 and bowling no way we fire Moorhead. Now if it was year 3 maybe but not year 2. We're bad but not Arkansas bad.

Apparently there were wheels in motion as a lot of guys that typically don't put there necks out there unless there's real information said Joe being gone was a done deal regardless. Now I have a ton of respect for C34, Ari, IYOK, etc but it's obvious that the source either doesn't make the decisions, is waiting, or backed out because of the OM win.

I really wanted to make a separate post on the post game presser. My thoughts on that are a lot different than others on this board but maybe I'll hold off. I don't want to detract from this post. Really want everyone's thoughts on this.

deadheaddawg
11-29-2019, 01:57 PM
You never root for ole miss to beat us. Never.

If our AD can't fire him after a win, that's on the AD. Don't put the blame on one game. Hiring and firing should be bigger than a single game. If he isn't fired, place your outrage on the AD....not the game

The players deserve for us to be happy over the win.

cheewgumm
11-29-2019, 01:59 PM
You were right then and you?re right now.

Our fans inability to see it is sad.

Madisonmd
11-29-2019, 02:02 PM
Win the battle.... lose the war

Matt3467
11-29-2019, 02:23 PM
You never root for ole miss to beat us. Never.

If our AD can't fire him after a win, that's on the AD. Don't put the blame on one game. Hiring and firing should be bigger than a single game. If he isn't fired, place your outrage on the AD....not the game

The players deserve for us to be happy over the win.

It's not easy to fire a coach in year two that beat OM to get us to our 10th straight bowl game. People really underestimated the influence of winning this game. I don't blame the AD for keeping him. It's easy for us to say what we'd do as we don't have anyone to answer to.

I still think a loss was a win but it appears if things are staying the way they are now that a win was a loss. I don't ever want to lose to OM either but as the old saying goes 'Never say never.' There's always circumstances that can change the way we feel about things and this was one of those times for me at least.