PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Henderson interview on ESPN is pretty revealing

hacker
10-29-2013, 09:58 AM
And I went two days straight of just smoking and doing coke and drinking. I went into my probation meeting and told them I'm all kinds of messed up.

How surprised were you that Ole Miss was still willing to take you knowing everything that had occurred?
I explained that the counterfeit money was because I was kicked out of my house and I didn't know what to do; it's really a stupid excuse for what I did, but that was why I did it. They were like, "You've got a clean slate when you come here." And they said, "We're not going to tell anyone you went to jail -- just say you took the semester off and the summer session off." And I was like, "Awesome."

Was that the only time you strayed in the year at Ole Miss?
After the season, I was like, "It's go time. It's party time." I like going out a lot, and I mean there's nothing to do here, but I like socializing with people. I was going out and getting real drunk and like, "Yeah, we're the champs!"

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9893511/ole-miss-guard-marshall-henderson-gets-second-chance-suspension-espn-magazine

Jack Lambert
10-29-2013, 11:55 AM
I think it's just as revealing of the type coach Ole Miss has and the administration that keeps him around

Barking 13
10-29-2013, 12:05 PM
what the thug say... sn sn sn sn sn sn sn sn... glug glug glug glug glug glug

Bubb Rubb
10-29-2013, 12:18 PM
His going back to drug use after he served 120 days in jail is telling. Compare that with the guy's ego, and nobody is going to want him on their pro team.

messageboardsuperhero
10-29-2013, 12:54 PM
I mean there's nothing to do here

Bullshit. Everyone knows Oxford is the Mecca of all things entertainment.

If he had nothing else to do, Marshall could go to the Square and play checkers with William Faulkner's statue, and then he could take cool, sophisticated pictures in an English phone booth.

blacklistedbully
10-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Great insight into how image supersedes substance at TSUN, and how easily they're willing to lower their ethics if there is chance it makes them better athletically.

What a great message to the young delinquent, "We got your back now, so follow our lead and let's start your career here at Ole Miss with a blatant lie to the public". Yep, that's a great way to let him know you really want to help him become a better man. I'm sure it made him think twice before doing anything else not on the straight-and-narrow.**