PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Let's say Joe stays. He comes out after the bowl game and meets all demands. Hires an OC, gives up play calling, makes changes at ST, makes wholesale changes in strength and conditioning, and lays out a plan going forward addressing the deficiencies.

Do you think he could make that work?

Just trying to play some devils advocate to see what, if anything, could bring some of you off the ledge to buy in to a Joe Mo plan going forward.

I'm not saying I'm supporting this happening. But I have to think the admin are asking this right now and determining what direction they want this to go in.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 01:26 PM
If he did this I'd have to see results, immediate results. We can't go up to NC State in game two and drop a turd.

If he stays I'm hoping for the best. But I have serious doubts he can show any significant improvement next season.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 01:30 PM
No. Because he proved he is more worried about doing it his way than doing what it takes to win. Same shit last night. Running the ball down their throat and Joe calls 3 straight passes. He's not the Ed O type because he has to be the smartest man in the room. I just don't think it will ever work.

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:33 PM
I don’t think he knows how to discipline his team because he wants to be buddies with the players, and I don’t think he has any idea just how much preparation it takes to win in the SEC. It’s not going to work.

SDDawg
11-29-2019, 01:34 PM
No. Because he proved he is more worried about doing it his way than doing what it takes to win. Same shit last night. Running the ball down their throat and Joe calls 3 straight passes. He's not the Ed O type because he has to be the smartest man in the room. I just don't think it will ever work.

This is my take as well. This is a character issue as much as it is a coaching issue. Joe doesn't have the make up and character of a man to be successful in this job. Doesn't make him a bad person, he's just not a SEC HC.

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 01:39 PM
No coach worth a tinkers damn is going to jump on the staff of a head coach that they know is on thin ice.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 01:41 PM
No good coach is coming here to work with what is probably a short term HC unless they're like Rich Rod and don't have many options. And if a parachute ever finds Shoop, Joe's in deep shit.