PDA

View Full Version : Come to Jesus meeting

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 12:45 PM
Its over with and done. Looks like Moorhead will be back another year unless he leaves on his own. Here is the issue. We have got to come together as a fan base or we will go back to winning 3 games a year. I've said all along that the suspensions, injuries and lack of upper classmen on the D line in particular as well as playing a true Fr QB killed this season.

Others pointed out things they want him fired for. Lack of preparation, play calls, special teams, S & C, etc.

At this point, we have to quit bitching and pull together. This is our team, not mine and if nothing changes and next year shows no improvement then I'll be with everyone else saying he has to go.

But for now, swallow your pride/anger/whatever and quit tearing the fanbase apart.

OLJWales
11-29-2019, 12:47 PM
**** that

bluelightstar
11-29-2019, 12:48 PM
The only thing tearing the fanbase apart is an in-over-his-head football coach

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 12:49 PM
Then destroy the program because you took your toys and went home. At least Coach34 threw out an olive branch saying he can start making amends by a better showing in the bowl.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 12:50 PM
Moorhead just told a bunch of wealthy investors giving our university millions every year to go **** themselves. Either way that ain't gonna end well.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 12:51 PM
The point during his 2 years where unity within the fan base, including donors, was the biggest was right after the UT loss. And it wasn’t for keeping him as HC. Him being pissy in a pc, whether you liked it or not, did NOT unit the base but created a bigger divide.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Hell no. I'm done with Cohen and MSU football until that underachieving POS is out.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Then destroy the program because you took your toys and went home. At least Coach34 threw out an olive branch saying he can start making amends by a better showing in the bowl.

Moorehead is destroying the program. And I’ll wait until Monday/Tuesday before I believe who will be our coach next year. Either way, I’ll cheer my ass off for my bulldogs. But I’ll also know that we will be headed for disaster.

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 01:00 PM
Hell I pulled for us when Croom and Rocky were losing everything in sight. This isn't about liking the guy. It's about not destroying everything that has been built. Next year is his prove it year since apparently he is staying.

Sienfield
11-29-2019, 01:01 PM
Moorhead said he didn't care what the fans thought. His offense has been bad and not getting better. He is making a mockery of our program.

NCDawg
11-29-2019, 01:02 PM
The point during his 2 years where unity within the fan base, including donors, was the biggest was right after the UT loss. And it wasn’t for keeping him as HC. Him being pissy in a pc, whether you liked it or not, did NOT unit the base but created a bigger divide.

I agree. The press conference revealed what I thought about him all along. He is a narcassistic individual that has no business being our HC.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 01:02 PM
Moorhead said he didn't care what the fans thought. His offense has been bad and not getting better. He is making a mockery of our program.

Exactly. Yet half of our idiot fan base is lapping that shit up because they're so blinded by a "win over Ole Miss!!1!". We deserve misery for being such a stupid ****ing collective group

msbulldog
11-29-2019, 01:03 PM
No, this is not his school, not his team and not his program. It is ours and we have paid dearly for it over the years! Last night was the luckiest win I have ever seen. He has not lived up to his job expectation or the salary we are paying him. It is high time to make a change, if our management is doing their job.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:04 PM
Moorhead just told a bunch of wealthy investors giving our university millions every year to go **** themselves. Either way that ain't gonna end well.

Saban does that on the regular.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 01:04 PM

BUT SABAN WINS

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 01:05 PM
Hell I pulled for us when Croom and Rocky were losing everything in sight. This isn't about liking the guy. It's about not destroying everything that has been built. Next year is his prove it year since apparently he is staying.

Moorhead is in the process of destroying everything that has been built. If you can't see it, you're blind.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 01:05 PM

He has the rings to back it up

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:06 PM
Hell no. I'm done with Cohen and MSU football until that underachieving POS is out.

Really, POS? You serious man? Moorhead is over his head. Its time for some fundamental coaching approach changes, that much is clear. But POS? That is overboard. I for one like that he has some fire.....finally.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:07 PM
He has the rings to back it up

That's true. But, someone needs to check our 17ng mob mentality.

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:07 PM
Its over with and done. Looks like Moorhead will be back another year unless he leaves on his own. Here is the issue. We have got to come together as a fan base or we will go back to winning 3 games a year. I've said all along that the suspensions, injuries and lack of upper classmen on the D line in particular as well as playing a true Fr QB killed this season.

Others pointed out things they want him fired for. Lack of preparation, play calls, special teams, S & C, etc.

At this point, we have to quit bitching and pull together. This is our team, not mine and if nothing changes and next year shows no improvement then I'll be with everyone else saying he has to go.

But for now, swallow your pride/anger/whatever and quit tearing the fanbase apart.

This supports what I said in the other thread. Some are going to have to actually have the program hit rock bottom to see that this isn’t the right coach for this program.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 01:08 PM
The point during his 2 years where unity within the fan base, including donors, was the biggest was right after the UT loss. And it wasn?t for keeping him as HC. Him being pissy in a pc, whether you liked it or not, did NOT unit the base but created a bigger divide.

Dead on accurate 100%!

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:09 PM

If it is about not destroying everything that has been build, then he should be fired. Because he is the one that is destroying what has been built.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 01:10 PM
No, this is not his school, not his team and not his program. It is ours and we have paid dearly for it over the years! Last night was the luckiest win I have ever seen. He has not lived up to his job expectation or the salary we are paying him. It is high time to make a change, if our management is doing their job.

Very well said! Rep given!

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 01:12 PM
Really, POS? You serious man? Moorhead is over his head. Its time for some fundamental coaching approach changes, that much is clear. But POS? That is overboard. I for one like that he has some fire.....finally.

Yes, POS. Piece. Of. Shit.

Any coach that sits in front of a camera and makes a mockery of MSU and our fans, is a PIECE OF SHIT. The fact that you and others respect him for giving you a big "F You" last night, amazes me. It makes me realize why we will never have big success....we don't deserve it

OLJWales
11-29-2019, 01:12 PM

I dont think he's staying. I think the administration is delaying due to the exciting win last night. No way you do that right after 2 eggs in a row. There's politics going on right now . There was too much smoke not to believe a change was in place but last night changed the optics and delayed things. I hope I'm right.

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 01:13 PM
This supports what I said in the other thread. Some are going to have to actually have the program hit rock bottom to see that this isn?t the right coach for this program.

Guess what? I dont get to fire him and neither do you. And no one here today is now saying hes gone. Until he is, I'm supporting him. When hes gone, I support the next coach. Because unlike most of you clowns, I understand it's not about me.

bluelightstar
11-29-2019, 01:14 PM
Guess what? I dont get to fire him and neither do you. And no one here today is now saying hes gone. Until he is, I'm supporting him. When hes gone, I support the next coach. Because unlike most of you clowns, I understand it's not about me.

Well Moorhead just said it?s about him, so I guess you understand more than he does.

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 01:14 PM

Any coach that sits in front of a camera and makes a mockery of MSU and our fans, is a PIECE OF SHIT. The fact that you and others respect him for giving you a big "F You" last night, amazes me. It makes me realize why we will never have big success....we don't deserve it

So you have the right to say whatever about him, including in front of his family, but he has to take it. Hell no

bluelightstar
11-29-2019, 01:15 PM
So you have the right to say whatever about him, including in front of his family, but he has to take it. Hell no

Are you nuts? All coaches get blasted by fans. How many have you heard tell the fan base to pound sand? The guy is doomed at this school.

Coursesuper

Saban is completely backed by one of the wealthiest families in the world, the world. He has the political capital to tell the rest of them to 17 themselves 24-7 if he wants.

CadaverDawg

What? He can call me a POS too! Basically did last night! But ultimately I'm not making millions to coach a team which I just insulted their entire program and fan base. Are you really this dense, Or is this an act?

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:17 PM
The simple truth is this, Moorhead has to coach like his job is in the balance, every damn day, every damn game.

The same reasons still exist for the poor performances this entire year. No continuity in the defense due to suspensions. QB injuries. OLine injuries earlier in the year. One thing we will never know is how different would the UT and KSU gane be with a consistant defense through 3-4 games. We are building young talent, but even most of upper classmen were missing meaningful snaps.

If we moved on from Moorhead, fine. If he stays, fine. But I will tell everyone this, he has to make changes to how the offense is ran on the offensive side of the ball. We have to keep our players 17n eligible throughout the team. I hope Moorhead can understand that out OC needs to make the play calls. He needs to have a larger hand in the gameplan. New head coaches need to focus on the overall team management and let the coordinators do their job.
That is not to say Moorhead could not pull rank and get the focus of the offense to a certain play here and there, but man they need to work on a different workflow cause we suck on offense.

Please for Baby Jesus' sake, run the hurry up after we make a big play. Do not sub. We subbed literally after every large chunk play yesterday.

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 01:17 PM
What? He can call me a POS too! Basically did last night! But ultimately I'm not making millions to coach a team which I just insulted their entire program and fan base. Are you really this dense, Or is this an act?

I'm getting paid to gin up site hits. It's my side job.

trojandawg
11-29-2019, 01:19 PM
yeah he could have just ignored it and carried on and talked about the game. instead he chose to go after the fans and the boosters. the ones that will pay his pay checks. that's not going to make anything better. he has attacked the fans going back to last year. he doesn't give to rips about this university. he cares about his delusional ego that he has about how good of a coach he is and how good of job he is doing.

BiscuitEater
11-29-2019, 01:20 PM

That's some 'made up' BS right there. NO SEC HC would EVER do that!

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 01:20 PM
I'm getting paid to gin up site hits. It's my side job.

I thought that was Shotgun's job.**

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 01:21 PM
That's some 'made up' BS right there. NO SEC HC would EVER do that!

Have you been under a rock?! Joe DID IT LAST NIGHT in his press conference!

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:21 PM

He didn't insult me, cause I am not a *****. I want my coach to tell everyone to go 17 thenselves every once in a while. Drag his yankee ass out of there was perfect. If you can't take the criticism, well might as well become a Ole Miss fan. I want my head coach to fight back. I want him to take this shit personally and get our team ready to rip folks heads off. I have a feeling the big money people want some 17n fire that translates to the field. Hell we all want a team that can be competitive.

Bottom line, our fanbase should have been told to Go 17 themselves.

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 01:22 PM
I thought that was Shotgun's job.**

Lol

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:22 PM
Have you been under a rock?! Joe DID IT LAST NIGHT in his press conference!

No he did not.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 01:25 PM
He didn't insult me, cause I am not a *****. I want my coach to tell everyone to go 17 thenselves every once in a while. Drag his yankee ass out of there was perfect. If you can't take the criticism, well might as well become a Ole Miss fan. I want my head coach to fight back. I want him to take this shit personally and get our team ready to rip folks heads off. I have a feeling the big money people want some 17n fire that translates to the field. Hell we all want a team that can be competitive.

Bottom line, our fanbase should have been told to Go 17 themselves.

Holy hell, you can't be serious. He isn't showing fire on the field or in his game planning or preparation, man, wake up! We barely squeaked past a 4-8 team that had to literally piss it away...he wasn't fired up about the game, he was fired up about telling fans he's the ****ing man for beating 4-8 Ole Miss on his home field due to a missed PeeAT. He is slapping you in the face with his junk, and you're saying you like it and to give you some more. Wake the hell up.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:25 PM
yeah he could have just ignored it and carried on and talked about the game. instead he chose to go after the fans and the boosters. the ones that will pay his pay checks. that's not going to make anything better. he has attacked the fans going back to last year. he doesn't give to rips about this university. he cares about his delusional ego that he has about how good of a coach he is and how good of job he is doing.

No it was a 17n heat check to the fanbase. Everyone can admit our fanbase was off their damn rockers all year.

bluelightstar
11-29-2019, 01:26 PM
No it was a 17n heat check to the fanbase. Everyone can admit our fanbase was off their damn rockers all year.

Lol we played 3 games that were over within 3 minutes. It ain’t the fans who are off the rocker

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:26 PM
Holy hell, you can't be serious. He isn't showing fire on the field or in his game planning or preparation, man, wake up! We barely squeaked past a 4-8 team that had to lieterally piss it away...he wasn't fired up about the game, he was fired up about telling fans he's the ****ing man for beating 4-8 Ole Miss on his home field due to a missed PeeAT. He is slapping you in the face with his junk, and you're saying you like it and to give you some more. Wake the hell up.

Yeah and nothing he said in the presser was anymore than the rat poison comments.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:28 PM
Lol we played 3 games that were over within 3 minutes. It ain’t the fans who are off the rocker

Like I said, stay or go either way. But to take offense from what he said to start the presser, you have to be a little weak to take offense. For 14 weeks people been talking shit. His first statement made against it, was a heat check after a bad ass win.

trojandawg
11-29-2019, 01:30 PM
his first statement? you haven't been paying attention. he has taken shots at fans going back to last year and all throughout this year. screw him.

bluelightstar
11-29-2019, 01:32 PM
Like I said, stay or go either way. But to take offense from what he said to start the presser, you have to be a little weak to take offense. For 14 weeks people been talking shit. His first statement made against it, was a heat check after a bad ass win.

It was not a bad ass win. It was a 1-point win against a 4-win team that outgained us significantly and was -2 in turnovers.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 01:33 PM
his first statement? you haven't been paying attention. he has taken shots at fans going back to last year and all throughout this year. screw him.

Yeah, it's like everyone has forgotten the "Bob from Bogue Chitto" comments.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 01:34 PM
It was not a bad ass win. It was a 1-point win against a 4-win team that outgained us significantly and was -2 in turnovers.

Exactly. The fact that some think that was some big earth shattering win, shows that the ones defending Joe and respecting Joe's comments, are the fans that would accept 1-11 if the 1 win was over 0-12 Ole Miss

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 01:34 PM

Don't act like you know how Saban acts around Alabama boosters. Saban plays the game with boosters. I know of 5 Bama boosters that call Saban every game week to get his gameplan. These same 5 boosters also play golf with Saban, support his charity every summer, and also drive Mercedes. Saban doesn't like the media, but he likes his boosters. Joe just slapped our boosters in the face last night.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:37 PM
I just watched the presser again, you guys are thin skinned. Lol.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 01:37 PM
Exactly. The fact that some think that was some big earth shattering win, shows that the ones defending Joe and respecting Joe's comments, are the fans that would accept 1-11 if the 1 win was over 0-12 Ole Miss

It's the Arkansas game all over again. We beat a terrible om team by one lucky as hell point.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 01:38 PM
Don't act like you know how Saban acts around Alabama boosters. Saban plays the game with boosters. I know of 5 Bama boosters that call Saban every game week to get his gameplan. These same 5 boosters also play golf with Saban, support his charity every summer, and also drive Mercedes. Saban doesn't like the media, but he likes his boosters. Joe just slapped our boosters in the face last night.

Yep. There's no way to survive in cfb without the folks that sign the checks even if you're Saban. Saban knows where the bread is buttered.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:40 PM

Yeah, and when rumors on their message boards start, he says they are worthless shit that is rat poison to the team. Everyone chuckles and says man that saban got us. And then they shut the hell up about it.

Everyone on here is butthurt that they had the scoop yesterday and now Moorhead threw a wrench it it. Truth is, no one on this message board is a decision maker, and the decision still rest with the AD and Keenum.

So as far as going off the handle how our coach talked about these rumor.....good for coach.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 01:40 PM
Yep. There's no way to survive in cfb without the folks that sign the checks even if you're Saban. Saban knows where the bread is buttered.

Sure, no problem. That is obvious. He may still get fired. But I personally like what he said.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:41 PM

He did NO such thing.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 01:41 PM
Yeah, and when rumors on their message boards start, he says they are worthless shit that is rat poison to the team. Everyone chuckles and says man that saban got us. And then they shut the hell up about it.

Everyone on here is butthurt that they had the scoop yesterday and now Moorhead threw a wrench it it. Truth is, no one on this message board is a decision maker, and the decision still rest with the AD and Keenum.

So as far as going off the handle how our coach talked about these rumor.....good for coach.

You comparing Moorhead to Saban multiple times in this thread pretty much sum up how silly your points have been. Gracious alive.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:42 PM

They are VERY thin skinned.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 01:43 PM
He did NO such thing.

Shocked to read this, especially from someone who would drink Joe's bath water.

And yes, he did.

And Epstein didn't kill himself.

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:44 PM
He did NO such thing.

Yes, he did.

MrKotter
11-29-2019, 01:46 PM

So bury our heads in the sand and act like nothings wrong? Brilliant idea.

gtowndawg
11-29-2019, 01:46 PM
IF he's still here next year...

1. Bring in an OC that knows what the heck they are doing
2. New S&C and special teams coach minimum
3. DO NOT extend Joe

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 02:13 PM
Are you nuts? All coaches get blasted by fans. How many have you heard tell the fan base to pound sand? The guy is doomed at this school.

I seem to remember another MSU coach who did that. I wonder how it worked out for him?
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/741/67/8067741.jpg

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 02:21 PM
double post

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 02:22 PM
Shocked to read this, especially from someone who would drink Joe's bath water.

And yes, he did.

And Epstein didn't kill himself.
NO, he didn't. You are doing the same thing to me.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 02:29 PM

No, he doesn't. He basically tells the media that on a regular basis. Name one time he has pissed all over Bama's biggest boosters in a press conference?

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 02:31 PM

3. DO NOT extend Joe

Why would good coaches join a lame duck staff?

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 02:31 PM
NO, he didn't. You are doing the same thing to me.

Thank you for agreeing. Epstein didn't kill himself.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 02:40 PM

No. It was a great win cause our team fought as they should every single week, displayed what our team could be this entire season full strength, and did it all the while massive rampant rumors were flying. Not to mention Ole Miss 17ed themselves by being 17n douchebags on national tv.

Everyone on here is correct that Joe hasn't given us a dang thing to hang our hat on. That is his biggest issue. If Moorhead stays, he needs to work on moving us forward towards competing in every game. UT and KSU losses were due to lack of leadership, game planning, and execution. If he is not willing to drastically changing his coaching focus and reorganizing his staff to operate differently, then get rid of him. Simple situation really.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 02:44 PM
You comparing Moorhead to Saban multiple times in this thread pretty much sum up how silly your points have been. Gracious alive.

Saban and Moorhead are in no way in the same league, but you act like his presser is way more of a statement than it was. You act like he said in no uncertain terms 17 you Cadaver. And that simply is not what he said or how he said it. He essentially pointed out message board people and their rumors are bullshit that does nothing except spread a doctrine of division.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 02:45 PM
No, he doesn't. He basically tells the media that on a regular basis. Name one time he has pissed all over Bama's biggest boosters in a press conference?

When did Moorhead piss all over our boosters.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 02:47 PM

Saban 17n yelled at the nedia and his boosters about who needed to start at qb a few years ago in a preseason press conference like 3 years ago. Boosters were all over the internet sewing information to split the locker room. A media guy asked about it directly to Saban and he went apeshit.

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 02:50 PM

Really?

sandwolf
11-29-2019, 03:24 PM
We have got to come together as a fan base or we will go back to winning 3 games a year.

Our fan base is 'together'.......it is as united as I've ever seen it in wanting a coach gone.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 03:33 PM

Last night approximately 20 minutes after the game

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 03:34 PM
Our fan base is 'together'.......it is as united as I've ever seen it in wanting a coach gone.

Right on!

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 03:36 PM
Yeah, it's like everyone has forgotten the "Bob from Bogue Chitto" comments.

Ok, so the third time he has commented about tge fans. 1st, after the Kentucky game last year, 2nd was the finebaum caller, 3rd last night.

You guys are missing the point. Moorhead has not got the job done multiple times this year. From starting Stevens ahead of KT. From starting Stevens in the UT game. For not having the team ready to compete at UT. AU game. Etc. All are fair criticisms and clearly show that he has had issue getting up to snuff with the way the SEC is the best of the best and anything less gets a 17n mob after you. He does not earn any favors mentioning about the 85 bears last year with our fanbase, because we all know after the 5-7 year Mullen had us in good shape for the next year, and we were even better positioned for the 2018 year. I am not opposed to just firing him and bringing in someone we think would not tolerate 17n lackadaisical effort and have us ready to play, even if we have 75 available schollies. So fire him. Good deal. Probably is time.

But, to say he basically said 17 you to all the major boosters and fans is just plain wrong. He did not do that. He basically called out a bunch of armchair qbs that have no idea the full extent of situations that came out of Fitz injury, the 10 tutor kids, and the issues players had with one coach basically 17n them by leaving.

He basically said, judgement from the outside is convenient and bullshit. I agree with that. Judgement to why he didn't adjust against KY last year, why the team looked to be going through the motions in the games we should have won but lost, KY, UT, KSU. That criticism is valid. And I think that is the same criticism we all care about. Him spouting off about the damn 45 consecutive message board posts about him being outed, is also valid.

So put on your panties and get the 17 over the presser.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 03:37 PM

I haven't seen us this together in a long time!!! Time for change!!!!

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 03:39 PM

3. DO NOT extend Joe

Damn right.

hacker
11-29-2019, 03:40 PM
Ok, so the third time he has commented about tge fans. 1st, after the Kentucky game last year, 2nd was the finebaum caller, 3rd last night.

You guys are missing the point. Moorhead has not got the job done multiple times this year. From starting Stevens ahead of KT. From starting Stevens in the UT game. For not having the team ready to compete at UT. AU game. Etc. All are fair criticisms and clearly show that he has had issue getting up to snuff with the way the SEC is the best of the best and anything less gets a 17n mob after you. He does not earn any favors mentioning about the 85 bears last year with our fanbase, because we all know after the 5-7 year Mullen had us in good shape for the next year, and we were even better positioned for the 2018 year. I am not opposed to just firing him and bringing in someone we think would not tolerate 17n lackadaisical effort and have us ready to play, even if we have 75 available schollies. So fire him. Good deal. Probably is time.

But, to say he basically said 17 you to all the major boosters and fans is just plain wrong. He did not do that. He basically called out a bunch of armchair qbs that have no idea the full extent of situations that came out of Fitz injury, the 10 tutor kids, and the issues players had with one coach basically 17n them by leaving.

He basically said, judgement from the outside is convenient and bullshit. I agree with that. Judgement to why he didn't adjust against KY last year, why the team looked to be going through the motions in the games we should have won but lost, KY, UT, KSU. That criticism is valid. And I think that is the same criticism we all care about. Him spouting off about the damn 45 consecutive message board posts about him being outed, is also valid.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lord McBuckethead again.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 03:44 PM

I’m sorry but my wife who never listens to press conferences and was just excited (and laughing her butt off after the miss PAT) immediately after he said that in the PC, said “wow he just won the EB and is basically telling fans FU”. So if lay people who don’t follow nearly as close as us or as closely tied to the program immediately believes that what he is saying...that’s what he said. Even if he didn’t mean it that way, that’s exactly the way it came off.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 03:45 PM
I haven't seen us this together in a long time!!! Time for change!!!!

Yeah, i am on board for a change. Last night was awesome, but it doesn't change the fact that he has failed to make us a better team. It just isn't clicking. Not even in the AC game. This post started out about what if he did stay. Which if he did, some adjustment has to be made or we will be sitting here next Nov discussing the same issue.

Then someone talked about his 17 you to the fanbase, which did not happen during his presser. There is plenty of things to complain about against Moorhead without adding a nonfactor, like his presser, incorrectly to the fire.

If we let him stay, big fundamental changes have to be made and implemented.
If he goes, good. We can move on and see if the next guy can get us back.

Either way, the status quo cannot be maintained.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 03:50 PM
Yeah, i am on board for a change. Last night was awesome, but it doesn't change the fact that he has failed to make us a better team. It just isn't clicking. Not even in the AC game. This post started out about what if he did stay. Which if he did, some adjustment has to be made or we will be sitting here next Nov discussing the same issue.

Then someone talked about his 17 you to the fanbase, which did not happen during his presser. There is plenty of things to complain about against Moorhead without adding a nonfactor, like his presser, incorrectly to the fire.

If we let him stay, big fundamental changes have to be made and implemented.
If he goes, good. We can move on and see if the next guy can get us back.

Either way, the status quo cannot be maintained.

You can keep saying that about his pc all you want but I know 2 families who have their names on buildings at State and donate millions that took that as a big middle finger to them so you just keep thinking that what he said didn't matter

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 03:54 PM
So bury our heads in the sand and act like nothings wrong? Brilliant idea.

I didnt say that. He is no different than any other coach: win or get criticized and fired. There are legitimate issues that have to be addressed. It just makes no sense to keep saying fire him when it isnt happening and recruits are watching. See Dillion in Greenville. Came out and said this stuff is crazy and yes he hears about crap like this. Until Moorhead is gone, criticize all you want. But the constant drumbeat is going to kill the program.

Feel free to act an idiot by saying he is killing the program.

Political Hack
11-29-2019, 03:56 PM
The leaders of our university are absolutely spineless. We stumble into the worst bowl eligible record you can have and, truth be told, will still likely finish with a losing season. I like Joe. I wish he would've worked, but he hasn't. It's obvious. Everyone sees it. If he returns next year, that will return us to being a permanent fixture amongst the bottom feeders in the SEC West. Hey Arkansas and Ole Miss, don't worry... you've got company.

KB21
11-29-2019, 03:56 PM
I didnt say that. He is no different than any other coach: win or get criticized and fired. There are legitimate issues that have to be addressed. It just makes no sense to keep saying fire him when it isnt happening and recruits are watching. See Dillion in Greenville. Came out and said this stuff is crazy and yes he hears about crap like this. Until Moorhead is gone, criticize all you want. But the constant drumbeat is going to kill the program.

Feel free to act an idiot by saying he is killing the program.

Keeping him is what is going to kill the program.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 03:57 PM
You can keep saying that about his pc all you want but I know 2 families who have their names on buildings at State and donate millions that took that as a big middle finger to them so you just keep thinking that what he said didn't matter

And the coming to Jesus meeting, like the thread topic, is happening between those people, AD and president. The PC not go over well at all.

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 03:58 PM

Yep, as we were driving away my wife a PR professional said “ Wow did you here that? That’s going to make a bunch of people that give a lot of money mad.”

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 03:58 PM
The leaders of our university are absolutely spineless. We stumble into the worst bowl eligible record you can have and, truth be told, will still likely finish with a losing season. I like Joe. I wish he would've worked, but he hasn't. It's obvious. Everyone sees it. If he returns next year, that will return us to being a permanent fixture amongst the bottom feeders in the SEC West. Hey Arkansas and Ole Miss, don't worry... you've got company.

When Hack speaks y'all need to listen.

DeputyDawg94
11-29-2019, 03:59 PM
I?ve spent 40+ years living and dying with this team. Y?all all know it?s been a tough time. This year, next year or 10 years from now we won?t be a bump on his ass except for the $$$$ we put in his bank account and we?ll all be watching OUR team struggle to get back to the middle of the conference. He?ll be somewhere else making $$$$ and won?t give one rats ass about us. 17 him.
I took his comment about kicking rocks as a big FU to all of us who care about OUR university. It ain?t his. It?s ours.

Edit: took out the POS. Not fair on my part.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 04:00 PM
When Hack speaks y'all need to listen.

Yeah, he knows what he is doing. *******

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 04:00 PM
And the coming to Jesus meeting, like the thread topic, is happening between those people, AD and president. The PC not go over well at all.

Thank you! This really shouldn't be that hard for folks to understand!

Political Hack
11-29-2019, 04:01 PM
Yeah, he knows what he is doing. *******

You didn't enjoy the orange bowl? Weird. I did.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2019, 04:04 PM
I’ll be honest here, I’m going to see what changes are made before I say anything.

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 04:09 PM
You didn't enjoy the orange bowl? Weird. I did.

Yeah and we went to major bowls after that, right? Mullen did well here, but averaged 7.5 wins. Quit acting like we became SEC royalty.

And what part of the Orange Bowl did you enjoy? The ass beating or being a part of 35,000 fans? The same bunch who didnt buy tickets and go are now lecturing us about how they love our school. Take that shit down the line

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 04:11 PM
I’ll be honest here, I’m going to see what changes are made before I say anything.

Changes as in what staff changes Joe makes for next year? I’d hope there’s at least 3.

sandwolf
11-29-2019, 04:11 PM

Why are you determined to die on this hill? Are you really surprised that fans are pissed at him for shooting off at the mouth and calling out the fan base after a win at home against a 4 win OM? With the way he has performed over his 2 seasons in Starkville, he doesn't have the political capital to call ANYONE out! And yea, I am sure it is irritating to have a mob of armchair qb's calling for your job.....well guess what, appeasing those people is part of the job. And when you have completely sucked you would be best served by addressing those people with hat in hand.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 04:14 PM
Why are you determined to die on this hill? Are you really surprised that fans are pissed at him for shooting off at the mouth and calling out the fan base after a win at home against a 4 win OM? With the way he has performed over his 2 seasons in Starkville, he doesn't have the political capital to call ANYONE out! And yea, I am sure it is irritating to have a mob of armchair qb's calling for your job.....well guess what, appeasing those people is part of the job. And when you have completely sucked you would be best served by addressing those people with hat in hand.

Well said. Joe has no humility and in this case humility would've been more helpful than that bs he spewed last night

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 04:19 PM
The simple truth is this, Moorhead has to coach like his job is in the balance, every damn day, every damn game.

The same reasons still exist for the poor performances this entire year. No continuity in the defense due to suspensions. QB injuries. OLine injuries earlier in the year. One thing we will never know is how different would the UT and KSU gane be with a consistant defense through 3-4 games. We are building young talent, but even most of upper classmen were missing meaningful snaps.

If we moved on from Moorhead, fine. If he stays, fine. But I will tell everyone this, he has to make changes to how the offense is ran on the offensive side of the ball. We have to keep our players 17n eligible throughout the team. I hope Moorhead can understand that out OC needs to make the play calls. He needs to have a larger hand in the gameplan. New head coaches need to focus on the overall team management and let the coordinators do their job.
That is not to say Moorhead could not pull rank and get the focus of the offense to a certain play here and there, but man they need to work on a different workflow cause we suck on offense.

Please for Baby Jesus' sake, run the hurry up after we make a big play. Do not sub. We subbed literally after every large chunk play yesterday.

I agree with all of this. What needs to happen is our boosters, Cohen, Keenum, and Moorhead all need to meet have a meeting and say ?this is what our problems are? on both sides and then come up with a way to fix it. I think Joe has some legit gripes- he?s paying for Dan?s recruiting and Bracky overpunishing our team. The boosters have good points too- we look disorganized and unprepared and our ST and S&C need to be overhauled. Everyone needs to address everything openly. If Joe won?t give up play calls and make the changes he needs to go. Our boosters need to support him if he stays because otherwise they?re contributing to the problem. No extension for Moorhead Cohen.

If he agrees to changes and he implements then he stays. If not- go kick rocks Joe.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 04:20 PM
Changes as in what staff changes Joe makes for next year? I’d hope there’s at least 3.

No good assistants are coming to a place where the coach is getting fired next year. We act now or we're screwed.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 04:21 PM
Well said. Joe has no humility and in this case humility would've been more helpful than that bs he spewed last night

All while saying "point the thumb not the finger". He is the epitome of gross arrogance and a con man. The con game ain't working now so he in attack mode.

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 04:22 PM
No good assistants are coming to a place where the coach is getting fired next year. We act now or we're screwed.

Why do people not understand this? It?s a fairly simple premise.

Political Hack
11-29-2019, 04:25 PM
Yeah and we went to major bowls after that, right? Mullen did well here, but averaged 7.5 wins. Quit acting like we became SEC royalty.

And what part of the Orange Bowl did you enjoy? The ass beating or being a part of 35,000 fans? The same bunch who didnt buy tickets and go are now lecturing us about how they love our school. Take that shit down the line

Speaking specifically to Liverpool, which is why I quoted him. But I did enjoy making the Orange Bowl. The game itself was obviously not as much fun.

On the coaching issue, JoMo has not been the coach that he was hired to be. To me, it's as simple as that. And while I don't think we belong in the upper echelon of the SEC based on the accomplishments of Mullen, I also don't think that we have to accept stumbling into mediocrity after the departure of Mullen.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 04:26 PM
Why do people not understand this? It?s a fairly simple premise.

Because....."WE WON THE EGG BOWL!!!1!!!1!!"

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 04:27 PM
Speaking specifically to Liverpool, which is why I quoted him. But I did enjoy making the Orange Bowl. The game itself was obviously not as much fun.

On the coaching issue, JoMo has not been the coach that he was hired to be. To me, it's as simple as that. And while I don't think we belong in the upper echelon of the SEC based on the accomplishments of Mullen, I also don't think that we have to accept stumbling into mediocrity after the departure of Mullen.

This

Hambone
11-29-2019, 05:00 PM
You think 66 yards is ?Significantly Out gaining ? someone you might wanna reconsider your football knowledge

msstate7
11-29-2019, 05:06 PM
You think 66 yards is ?Significantly Out gaining ? someone you might wanna reconsider your football knowledge

20.8% more

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 05:32 PM
20.8% more

Equals an MSU win

msstate7
11-29-2019, 05:34 PM
Equals an MSU win

That's true. I'll take the win with less off output any day, but 20% more isn't insignificant

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 05:39 PM

Saban dont make excuses. Saban holds their fans accountable when they leave early or flat out dont come bc that is a ''championship standard''

Moorhead lost me after UT, but he really lost me when he started this ''building a program'' shit. He aint built shit, he aint done shit but tear it down. If you are for him staying at this point you care more about perception than you do reality

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 05:43 PM
I agree with all of this. What needs to happen is our boosters, Cohen, Keenum, and Moorhead all need to meet have a meeting and say ?this is what our problems are? on both sides and then come up with a way to fix it. I think Joe has some legit gripes- he?s paying for Dan?s recruiting and Bracky overpunishing our team. The boosters have good points too- we look disorganized and unprepared and our ST and S&C need to be overhauled. Everyone needs to address everything openly. If Joe won?t give up play calls and make the changes he needs to go. Our boosters need to support him if he stays because otherwise they?re contributing to the problem. No extension for Moorhead Cohen.

If he agrees to changes and he implements then he stays. If not- go kick rocks Joe.

I do agree he needs to present to his boss in a convincing way HOW he is going to improve moving forward. I dont pretend to know the details of what should be expected. Special teams has been an admitted weakness. Ball catching and downfield passing needs to be more prominent. Since I'm a fatass myself, I dont know that much about strength and conditioning, but for sure we can improve. I'd like to see the checkbook opened for some assistants.

Make him set goals you can live with and hold him to them.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:22 PM
Equals an MSU win

You cant be serious. Dont fight this fight dude. If you saw anything last night that gave you any confidence we are getting better on offense it is bc you really are a relative or are related to Joe.

To his credit, he got KT on the field he has deserved to play. Got Stevens off it, he has not deserved it and got bailed out by his defense again. Which has been the case since he came here. He is an offensive savant that cant move the ball or score in a day and age where everyone is moving it and scoring. He has excuses, the defense was better last night bc we finally had all our guys but at the end of the day off the field shit comes down to culture. Who instills the culture? The HC. Who maintains the culture? The players.

He can take those excuses and put them where the sun dont shine bc thats what they mean. Jack shit. Everyone has injuries, but not everyone comes in talking atlanta and goes out blaming us for expecting better.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 07:26 PM
You cant be serious. Dont fight this fight dude. If you saw anything last night that gave you any confidence we are getting better on offense it is bc you really are a relative or are related to Joe.

To his credit, he got KT on the field he has deserved to play. Got Stevens off it, he has not deserved it and got bailed out by his defense again. Which has been the case since he came here. He is an offensive savant that cant move the ball or score in a day and age where everyone is moving it and scoring. He has excuses, the defense was better last night bc we finally had all our guys but at the end of the day off the field shit comes down to culture. Who instills the culture? The HC. Who maintains the culture? The players.

He can take those excuses and put them where the sun dont shine bc thats what they mean. Jack shit. Everyone has injuries, but not everyone comes in talking atlanta and goes out blaming us for expecting better.

You're on a roll today! Nailing stuff left and right! Rep given!

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Truth!

R2Dawg
11-29-2019, 07:42 PM

His fire is aimed at the wrong places. This ain't his program and the MSU family of whose program don't want to see it destroyed. He has insulted MSU countless times this year alone and our leadership needs to put him in his place. He is a steward of this football program, he is not the owner. His fire needs to be at players, officials, etc not the fanbase that pays his bill.

If he stays there must be changes made, period. First off his attitude towards MSU family. The players liking you ain't what is most important.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:43 PM
His fire is aimed at the wrong places. This ain't his program and the MSU family of whose program don't want to see it destroyed. He has insulted MSU countless times this year alone and our leadership needs to put him in his place. He is a steward of this football program, he is not the owner. His fire needs to be at players, officials, etc not the fanbase that pays his bill.

If he stays there must be changes made, period. First off his attitude towards MSU family. The players liking you ain't what is most important.

Hell no its not his program. Aint even close.

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 07:45 PM

1000 reps needed for this post!

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Hell no its not his program. Aint even close.

Saw the rumor Joe wants to up the buyout from $4 to $7 mil b/c of the win last night. Is this what you're hearing on your side?

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:47 PM
Saw the rumor Joe wants to up the buyout from $4 to $7 mil b/c of the win last night. Is this what you're hearing on your side?

I dont give a shit if its 10. He has got to go. I read that on here, I havent heard that.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 07:50 PM
I dont give a shit if its 10. He has got to go. I read that on here, I havent heard that.

Agree. I'd give the $9 million to get him gone. It would be money well spent.

DeputyDawg94
11-29-2019, 07:52 PM

100% agree. It?s OURS not his. He?ll be gone one way or another and not soon enough for me. I don?t want my kids to have to endure the crap I?ve had to sit through most of my life and that?s exactly where Joe is taking it back to.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:52 PM
Agree. I'd give the $9 million to get him gone. It would be money well spent.

I did hear yesterday though at the tailgate that Grantham and Miles were contenders for the job. Im out if its Miles, I like Grantham.

Could be total shit but thats what this place is for to discuss it

Ezsoil
11-29-2019, 10:22 PM

This ^^^^^^

I have no problem with what he said ...he was probably more tactful than I would have been... he wasn't speaking to ALL fans....he was addressing the keyboard cowboys that talk big and don't have a clue about what is going on in the program but yet they speak as if they are the decision makers....

CadaverDawg
11-30-2019, 01:14 AM
This ^^^^^^

I have no problem with what he said ...he was probably more tactful than I would have been... he wasn't speaking to ALL fans....he was addressing the keyboard cowboys that talk big and don't have a clue about what is going on in the program but yet they speak as if they are the decision makers....

If he was only speaking to the "keyboard cowboys", it sounds like HE is the one who is thin skinned.