PDA

View Full Version : I think this is very telling...

MarcoRubio
11-29-2019, 12:01 PM
From Rick Clevelands article:

?State athletic director John Cohen, reached by text message late Saturday night, said he did not want to comment at this time.?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Worse than a vote of confidence?

Edit: The context was Mooreheads future with the program. Quote before was Joe’s ‘drag my Yankee ass out of here’ in the article. I assumed the ‘Saturday night’ comment was a typo and he was referring to Thursday night?

Indndawg
11-29-2019, 12:23 PM

?State athletic director John Cohen, reached by text message late Saturday night, said he did not want to comment at this time.?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

hgfdghdfhg

dantheman4248
11-29-2019, 12:24 PM
Let's dispel with the notion that John Cohen doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing

trojandawg
11-29-2019, 12:26 PM
saturday night?

MaroonFlounder
11-29-2019, 12:27 PM
Some major donors are working behind the scenes....

confucius say
11-29-2019, 12:43 PM
Some major donors are working behind the scenes....

To what end?

TXDawg
11-29-2019, 12:49 PM
Any chance we wait until after the early signing period to minimize the impact on our recruiting class?

Rex54
11-29-2019, 12:49 PM
Let's dispel with the notion that John Cohen doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing

I laughed

sandwolf
11-29-2019, 01:46 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

How about some context? Was this in response to a question about whether or not Moorhead's job is safe? If so, this isn't getting the attention it deserves....this actually gives me hope that we may still cut him loose. If Moorhead was for sure getting another year, Cohen would have thrown his support behind him.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 01:56 PM
Or maybe, he’s not commenting because we just won the game last night and they’ve yet to sit down and have their end of then season meeting with Joe. I still don’t believe we’re telling him to take a hike. Not after getting us to a 10th straight bowl. The only way I see Joe getting shown the door is if the PC last night pissed off the wrong boosters (don’t think it’s going to lead to him getting fired) or if Cohen/Keenum don’t like the plan going forward that Joe lays out and/or Cohen & Keenum make some “encouraged” staff change proposals and Joe tells them no and they don’t like it. I fell for the “smoke” and rumors too hard the last several days. I’m now at the point of “I’ll believe it when I see it”. I think Joe is back for 2020 and Cohen’s ass is tied to Joe’s success or lack thereof next season. I don’t necessarily agree with it completely but that’s just my gut feeling.

IMissJack
11-29-2019, 03:51 PM
Or maybe, he’s not commenting because we just won the game last night and they’ve yet to sit down and have their end of then season meeting with Joe. I still don’t believe we’re telling him to take a hike. Not after getting us to a 10th straight bowl. The only way I see Joe getting shown the door is if the PC last night pissed off the wrong boosters (don’t think it’s going to lead to him getting fired) or if Cohen/Keenum don’t like the plan going forward that Joe lays out and/or Cohen & Keenum make some “encouraged” staff change proposals and Joe tells them no and they don’t like it. I fell for the “smoke” and rumors too hard the last several days. I’m now at the point of “I’ll believe it when I see it”. I think Joe is back for 2020 and Cohen’s ass is tied to Joe’s success or lack thereof next season. I don’t necessarily agree with it completely but that’s just my gut feeling.

What about Keenum's future? Who is it tied to?

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 03:54 PM
Which Saturday night did he say this? Last night was Thursday

KB21
11-29-2019, 03:55 PM

His future is tied to the success of the University as a whole.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 03:58 PM

Keenum will leave only when he wants to or he dies. And that is EXACTLY the way it should be.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 04:02 PM

Shotgun, I think.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Shotgun, I think.

Now that's funny!

IMissJack
11-29-2019, 05:17 PM
Keenum will leave only when he wants to or he dies. And that is EXACTLY the way it should be.

Why? On what basis is he being graded this well?

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 05:19 PM
Which Saturday night did he say this? Last night was Thursday

I think it was a misspoken word. I think he meant last night, Thursday. Just so used to games being on Saturdays. Just my guess.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 05:30 PM
Why? On what basis is he being graded this well?

Probably the MSU Foundation board of directors for starters. He raises money for the university pretty well. He's also negotiated some pretty dicey issues in athletics including self reporting that has kept investigators off our campus. Our enrollment has grown this years while others fell. Our overall athletics performance is as good as it has ever been.