PDA

View Full Version : Calm down. Everything on JoMo. (LP alert)

NaborhoodDawg
11-29-2019, 11:46 AM
Yes, people said some things were going to happen that didn?t happen immediately. That doesn?t mean that they are not going to happen at all. Here are things to remember/think about:

I don?t believe for a second that an announcement was ever going to be made after the game. That?s not the time or place for it, especially after winning in the fashion that we did.

There has been way too much smoke and too many people talking about the change for there not to have been/be some substance there. Even staffers at other schools seeming to have ?common knowledge? that a change is coming for us.

Message board posters are not the only ones saying the change is coming. National media have been quiet all year and then just this week they start slowly putting it out there that a change could be coming. That tells me that they were told something.

Brian Hadad tweets just before the game that they will have ?a lot to cover especially in the next 48-72 hours after the egg bowl so we need to buckle up.? This tells me that he was told something is coming and also that it was going to be well after the end of the game.

Joel T saying that the Admin has been giving plenty of opportunity to confirm that Joe is the guy last night and them refusing to. If he?s the guy to the point that you?re going to give him and extension or even keep him at all, it?s not hard to say ?Yes, he?s our guy.? But they wouldn?t even do that. This also tells me that he was told to expect something or the questions wouldn?t have been asked. This one, along with the national media starting to squeak is perhaps the most telling to me.

Also, there wasn?t going to be an announcement anyway IMO with two of the 4 prospective coaches most likely having to coach in a conference championship game. You don?t announce a coach is leaving your school before your conf championship IMO.

Now to Joe?s PC:
I was honestly extremely pissed off after his PC. Not for anything other than the fact that all season I have wondered whether he knows that he needs to tweak his ?famous? system to suit us better. My main thought was ?does he even know that it?s not working?? My fear was that he is so full of yankee red ass/stubbornness and thinks so highly of himself that he couldn?t tell that it wasn?t working. Last night confirmed that for me.

He may be a great human outside of coaching, but to me, Joe Moorhead, the failing coach, is a major prick. IF any conversation has been had with him about leaving, he might as well have said ?F you? to Keenan and Cohen?s face with his message last night. If I?m Cohen, I see straight through that ?stunt? he pulled last night. Just about every press conference I watch/listen to with him, he just comes off as an arrogant asshole, and not in the kind of way that one would want their HC to be.

My other problem with Joe is that last night was the umpteenth time that he has seemingly drawn a line in the sand and told the majority of our fan base to F off. I?m not ok with this at all. I get that he has faced criticism but again, either he is too stupid or too stuck up his own ass to realize that it is certainly warranted.

Last thing is this: Joe said all that he said last night completely unprompted. This to me was a glaring F you to the admin, our fans, and more. Either he knows he?s gone and decided to go out swinging, or he is just an asshole that cares more about the perception of his coaching than his actual coaching.

lefty96
11-29-2019, 11:55 AM
I think some people are over playing the value of "lots of smoke". Anymore with how connected everyone is, it doesn't take many sources to create a ton of smoke. You get one rumor that crosses over a couple of well populated channels and it will be "everywhere" before you know it.

Not saying change isn't coming, but the volume of chatter on any of it is way, way over played.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 12:11 PM
Time will tell. I'm good with it either way. I'm going to get behind whoever the coach is next year. That applies to Joe too. I'll be behind him as long as he is our coach. All this emotional rabble rousing wrongly hilariously couched in terms of logic doesn't help one thing. I agree with the second poster about the smoke being overrated. It was feeding on itself.

Political Hack
11-29-2019, 12:27 PM
Saturday morning during other games would be the time to do it. Less coverages and gives you more time to make moves while others are worried about their final games.

Maroons
11-29-2019, 12:34 PM
Time will tell. I'm good with it either way.

This is ridiculous. What you are implying is that you don't really care.

You either believe he's the right man for the job or you don't.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 12:34 PM
I ain’t buying it. At this moment, I think Joe is our coach in 2020. I don’t have a good feeling about our admin following through and telling him to take a hike after getting us to our 10th straight bowl. I don’t agree with it completely but I’m not up in arms about it like some are. If he’s back next year, Cohen is tying his job to how Joe does next year and he’s got to win 8 next year with the schedule we have. If he is back, there needs to be some serious staff changes made. But I’m just not buying that he’s gone. I’ll believe it when I see it.

trojandawg
11-29-2019, 12:36 PM
i agree with you. we may or may not have been making a change, but there was a lot of smoke and lot tunes in the media that changed last week and the week before that. his press conference being the way it was unprompted tells me he pays way too much attention to the criticism, message boards, and social media. i wouldn't be surprised if he reads here or other places. same shit that people bashed freeze for. he certainly has thin skin doesn't take lightly to anyone criticizing him. he says its the thumb and the finger but he really doesn't self evaluate very well. he just rabbles on with excuses. then he throws the 18 team under the bus. he blamed fitz last year, but this year he had gold boy and his recruit and the offense still sucked. his organization sucked. if we aren't getting rid of him and he isn't moving on then get ready for an unprepared bowl game where we look like crap and then another season of excuses and crappy play. all of this could also be he was told he is getting bought out and being replaced and that was his big eff you to the fan base and boosters.

Schultzy
11-29-2019, 12:40 PM
I ain’t buying it. At this moment, I think Joe is our coach in 2020. I don’t have a good feeling about our admin following through and telling him to take a hike after getting us to our 10th straight bowl. I don’t agree with it completely but I’m not up in arms about it like some are. If he’s back next year, Cohen is tying his job to how Joe does next year and he’s got to win 8 next year with the schedule we have. If he is back, there needs to be some serious staff changes made. But I’m just not buying that he’s gone. I’ll believe it when I see it.
If our AD is still “no comment” ing Rick Cleveland after the game as to our HC’s status then that tells me our admins are under a lot of pressure
from influential alums

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 12:46 PM
If Joe is the coach next year it will be without the financial aid of several big names. The university will take a serious hit. Compound that with lackluster season ticket sales and a hit on local businesses for home games and Loudmouth will cost Starkville/MSU tens of millions in lost money before he is officially fired next season. Cohen won't survive that and Keenum may be on a heat seat too.

Rex54
11-29-2019, 12:47 PM
Moorhead’s hysterics last night were from a man that knows its over and done with. He did all that to set himself up as the victim, making it a “Yankee” thing, laying out his entire litany of excuses for the media who loathes MSU and Southerners in general to take direct aim at.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 12:48 PM
If Joe is the coach next year it will be without the financial aid of several big names. The university will take a serious hit. Compound that with lackluster season ticket sales and a hit on local businesses for home games and Loudmouth will cost Starkville/MSU tens of millions in lost money before he is officially fired next season. Cohen won't survive that and Keenum may be on a heat seat too.

This. It's not just our football program it's millions of dollars of support that could be lost as well.

Gutter Cobreh
11-29-2019, 12:49 PM
It boils down to this: if his offense didn't suck so bad, he wouldn't be in this position. He can talk all he wants about what he inherited, the suspensions, etc. - but that doesn't change the fact that a high school coach running the wing T would probably put up more yards than his offense has shown.

If he gets another year, he better figure out a way to bring in an OC. If you paid me millions to do a job that I wasn't ready for, you'd best believe I'm bringing in some fodder to fire while I figured it out. Had he had an OC from the jump, he could have fired them and rode this gig for another two years at the least.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 12:51 PM
If our AD is still “no comment” ing Rick Cleveland after the game as to our HC’s status then that tells me our admins are under a lot of pressure
from influential alums

Here's the problem.....Cohen may not have a comment in the press, but he was going around last night telling people that Joe wasn't going anywhere. That's why idiots like Gene Swindoll are out there confirming that Joe will be back. If we make a change, it will be because Cohen got overruled, and that would speak volumes about how much power our AD actually has.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 01:04 PM
Here's the problem.....Cohen may not have a comment in the press, but he was going around last night telling people that Joe wasn't going anywhere. That's why idiots like Gene Swindoll are out there confirming that Joe will be back. If we make a change, it will be because Cohen got overruled, and that would speak volumes about how much power our AD actually has.

I think Gene said he continues to be the coach. Not that he will be back. Unless is misread that somewhere

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 01:05 PM
I think Gene said he continues to be the coach. Not that he will be back. Unless is misread that somewhere

No ... Gene has confirmed he's here beyond the bowl game and next year and yea ... I hate it too.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 01:08 PM
No ... Gene has confirmed he's here beyond the bowl game and next year and yea ... I hate it too.

Gotcha. Didn’t see that.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 01:12 PM
Time will tell. I'm good with it either way. I'm going to get behind whoever the coach is next year. That applies to Joe too. I'll be behind him as long as he is our coach. All this emotional rabble rousing wrongly hilariously couched in terms of logic doesn't help one thing. I agree with the second poster about the smoke being overrated. It was feeding on itself.

Good Post.

I personally don't think it is the right time to make a change, but I will be supporting the head coach next year no matter who it is. That includes Joe Moorhead.

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:20 PM
So, you have a pitcher that is losing his command in the 6th inning and has walked two batters on 8 pitches. Do you recognize that he’s done and take him out, or do you wait till he has allowed 3 runs to score before you make that decision?

This is what I don’t understand about those that do not feel this is the right time to make a change. It’s BEYOND OBVIOUS that he’s not good. The only influence he has on the game is a negative influence. You can’t point to a single thing he did in that game that got us the win. Yet, here we are, with a pitcher who is losing his command in the 6th with two on, and we are going to wait till the bottom falls out to make a change.

Sienfield
11-29-2019, 01:28 PM
If we were ready to let Joe go with an egg bowl loss then a new coach should already be selected. If not then this is one big screw up. If a new coach is in the wings do we just tell him sorrow but we can't make a change now? I doubt if we are dealing with a new coach it would have been conditioned on a loss. Does anyone have an in on ULL football to see what they are saying?

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 01:30 PM
So, you have a pitcher that is losing his command in the 6th inning and has walked two batters on 8 pitches. Do you recognize that he’s done and take him out, or do you wait till he has allowed 3 runs to score before you make that decision?

This is what I don’t understand about those that do not feel this is the right time to make a change. It’s BEYOND OBVIOUS that he’s not good. The only influence he has on the game is a negative influence. You can’t point to a single thing he did in that game that got us the win. Yet, here we are, with a pitcher who is losing his command in the 6th with two on, and we are going to wait till the bottom falls out to make a change.

It's more like it's the second inning, the pitcher has just walked one batter, and the manager walks out to the mound to possibly take the pitcher out.

In order to take the pitcher out the manager has to pay him 6 million dollars, and then ask another pitcher to come in and replace him. The replacement pitcher has to relocate his family and quit the game that he is currently pitching in to do so. Also the replacement pitcher might think that the situation in the second inning wasn't so dire to being with, and wonder if the manager might pull him at the first sign of trouble.

JoseBrown
11-29-2019, 01:44 PM
No ... Gene has confirmed he's here beyond the bowl game ... I hate it too.

FIFY

BiscuitEater
11-29-2019, 01:45 PM
Same situation except ... your ace is on the bump, only in 3rd inning, walks 2. Do you take him out and put in your JC weekday Shlump that's never thrown a Div I pitch?

Calmer heads need to make the RIGHT move NOT just ANY move! Remember Rick Ray? Our BB program is still paying for that 'move.'

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:49 PM
This is ridiculous. What you are implying is that you don't really care.

You either believe he's the right man for the job or you don't.

That's an extremely simple take on a topic that isn't simple. Same old State.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:50 PM
Same situation except ... your ace is on the bump, only in 3rd inning, walks 2. Do you take him out and put in your JC weekday Shlump that's never thrown a Div I pitch?

Calmer heads need to make the RIGHT move NOT just ANY move! Remember Rick Ray? Our BB program is still paying for that 'move.'

THIS

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 02:06 PM
If he stays he needs to make some major changes. He needs to give up play calling duties and he really needs Joe Brady in the worst way. Not to mention the obvious- new S&C and special teams.

KB21
11-29-2019, 02:11 PM

Joe is our Rick Ray for football. The only difference is that he didn’t inherit a mess.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 02:15 PM
Joe is our Rick Ray for football. The only difference is that he didn’t inherit a mess.

Actually ... I think he is more like Stans at the end (without the previous good years to go with it). Drive the program into the ground so no one wants to come here ... then we hire Rick Ray.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 02:15 PM
It boils down to this: if his offense didn't suck so bad, he wouldn't be in this position. He can talk all he wants about what he inherited, the suspensions, etc. - but that doesn't change the fact that a high school coach running the wing T would probably put up more yards than his offense has shown.

If he gets another year, he better figure out a way to bring in an OC. If you paid me millions to do a job that I wasn't ready for, you'd best believe I'm bringing in some fodder to fire while I figured it out. Had he had an OC from the jump, he could have fired them and rode this gig for another two years at the least.

Agree, Shoop is the only one giving him any chance to be here next year.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 02:24 PM

Don't be stupid. It hurts your overall argument.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 02:25 PM
Actually ... I think he is more like Stans at the end (without the previous good years to go with it). Drive the program into the ground so no one wants to come here ... then we hire Rick Ray.

The reason nobody wanted to come is because of how we handled Stans. Everybody not wearing MSU gear thought we were crazy. Some of us tried to tell y'all then.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 02:35 PM
The reason nobody wanted to come is because of how we handled Stans. Everybody not wearing MSU gear thought we were crazy. Some of us tried to tell y'all then.

Everyone not wearing MSU gear ... who? No one else cared. Ray was probably worse in the handling dept. Howland came anyway.

Stans is a legend in mostly your mind. If we did things the way you'd like them done our ceiling are 8 in football and maybe 20 in hoops.

KB21
11-29-2019, 02:40 PM
Don't be stupid. It hurts your overall argument.

Please detail which part of my comment is stupid, and show me exactly what Joe has done to prove that he’s not in over his head.

NaborhoodDawg
11-29-2019, 02:42 PM
I’m with CadaverDawg. I spent probably over 10k in going to games this year and season tickets as I have other years. For Joe to say “if you’re not in that locker room, you can go kick rocks or pound sand” is a direct slap in the face to me and those fans like me. Going to State games is a family event for me and mine. For him to say something as stupid and divisive as that is seriously making me consider not renewing next year if he’s here. That essentially is him telling me and others to F off and don’t come back. It’s not him being fiery, it’s him being an idiot. Let’s divide the few fans who did actually have your back you prick. He has not earned the right to say something like that about our fans and he damn sure won’t earn that right until the product on the field is much, much improved.

Percho
11-29-2019, 05:18 PM
I ain?t buying it. At this moment, I think Joe is our coach in 2020. I don?t have a good feeling about our admin following through and telling him to take a hike after getting us to our 10th straight bowl. I don?t agree with it completely but I?m not up in arms about it like some are. If he?s back next year, Cohen is tying his job to how Joe does next year and he?s got to win 8 next year with the schedule we have. If he is back, there needs to be some serious staff changes made. But I?m just not buying that he?s gone. I?ll believe it when I see it.

How happy would you be to go to 10 straight bowls has a 6 - 6 team. That is possible. So we are 6 - 6 and look like a crappy 6 - 6 team.