PDA

View Full Version : If .500 and an Egg Bowl win is enough to satisfy you...

dantheman4248
11-29-2019, 11:09 AM
You're a loser. Plain and simple. People who accept ties are losers. 6-6 is a tie. 3-5 is a losing season. 1 point win over a 4-8 or 2-6 team means you're an inch taller midget. This is not 1950, not 1970, not 1990, not even the 2010s anymore. We are fully onto 2020. MSU is a top 35 program in the nation. Never in our history have we been here. With that comes a higher standard and higher expectations. This school's potential is not being realized and in two seasons we've gone from a 35-3 win over the Ol? Pissers in their home to a 1-point win at our home thanks to their own hubris.

Weighing MSU sports against another loser program makes you a loser. Period. Do the smart thing and elevate this program. As fun as last night was, and the fact that that will go down as a top 5 EB all time... I like 35-3 and whipping their QBs ass a lot more than hoping and praying unlucky logan misses an extra point.

cheewgumm
11-29-2019, 11:11 AM
Kick rocks

yjnkdawg
11-29-2019, 11:37 AM
I will take a win over OM in any sport anyway we can get it. That drama (stupidity) by Metcalf 2 last night shows the world what a POS football program OM is. Now am I satisfied with how our football program has performed the last two years? No, and I agree that a win over your 4-7 rival should not be a deciding factor to retain a coach. It should be based on his overall performance, and some other factors. I'm sorry it didn't work out for JoeMo, and he seems to be a great person, but we need a coach who can take control and move our football program in the direction that all who support our university, and football program want to see it move.

bobcat91
11-29-2019, 11:41 AM
We won the Egg Bowl. Period. Take a day of your life and actually enjoy it. Hail State

QuadrupleOption
11-29-2019, 11:43 AM
You're a loser. Plain and simple.

If you think MSU is a program that should fire a coach who takes us to a bowl game because of our illustrious history of dominating the SEC you're delusional. Plain and simple.

I'm 100% on the fence on Moorhead. If we keep him we'd better replace the S&C and ST coaches immediately and show improvement on the O and D next year. If we get rid of him we'd better have another coach already lined up and signed and it'd better not blow up in our faces.

But you coming on here and calling people losers for being HAPPY that we didn't have a losing season and are going bowling for the 10th year in a row makes you a whiny bitch-ass **********. Go **** yourself.

KB21
11-29-2019, 11:45 AM
I guess some can’t actually see that this is a poorly coached, underachieving team, and the program is going to have to hit rock bottom for them to realize that fact.

Maroons
11-29-2019, 12:38 PM
Agree on all points. We can and should do better.

MaroonFlounder
11-29-2019, 12:44 PM
Not pleased.

But what happens if we cut Joe loose and the next guy struggles just as bad, or worse.

We are already behind the 8-ball. We Lose every year vs Bama and LSU, Aub is never a given, A&M a potential power, and we continue to lose many of the toss-up games.

I support a change, but if could also go horribly bad.

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 12:57 PM
We had 108 yards passing against a team that is not good against the pass, we only scored 7 points in the second half, we had 318 total yards of offense, and we were 4 for 12 on 3rd downs. Our defense won the game yesterday. This has nothing on Coach Joe. We have a veteran offense that couldn't put up points against a bad SEC defense. I get it..... we won. But this was not a good performance by any means, and proves we'll be stuck in mediocrity under Joe if he remains our coach.

dantheman4248
11-29-2019, 03:11 PM
If you think MSU is a program that should fire a coach who takes us to a bowl game because of our illustrious history of dominating the SEC you're delusional. Plain and simple.

I'm 100% on the fence on Moorhead. If we keep him we'd better replace the S&C and ST coaches immediately and show improvement on the O and D next year. If we get rid of him we'd better have another coach already lined up and signed and it'd better not blow up in our faces.

But you coming on here and calling people losers for being HAPPY that we didn't have a losing season and are going bowling for the 10th year in a row makes you a whiny bitch-ass **********. Go **** yourself.

If you think this is the program you grew up with you're blind. If this was 1970 this is a different discussion. It's not. 2020. We have SEC money. We have brand recognition. We are not your father's MSU, were a new age MSU.

I'm happy with the win and want to keep it that way. Joe Moorhead is not the one to go that way. Our talent, team build, potential, etc. blows OM out of the water currently. It was a joke that the game was close. We were the 10th best offense on their schedule. That means that Arkansas, California, whatever FCS school, etc were better offenses against them than us. That's pathetic and a joke.

Bad season. Good win. Thanks for not ****ing up the bowl streak and beating OM twice Joe. Don't hate ya, enjoy your paycheck and go to the next chapter of your life.

It's hard for someone to do worse as again, this is the bare minimum this roster / program is capable of. Too much talent here to have double digit losses in Joe's two years.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 03:17 PM
Not pleased.

But what happens if we cut Joe loose and the next guy struggles just as bad, or worse.

We are already behind the 8-ball. We Lose every year vs Bama and LSU, Aub is never a given, A&M a potential power, and we continue to lose many of the toss-up games.

I support a change, but if could also go horribly bad.

Once you have decided that the current coach can’t do the job to the performance you expect, then there is no worry about the next guy. You can’t hold onto sub-par or average afraid that the next coach may be sub-par or worse.

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 03:25 PM
Once you have decided that the current coach can’t do the job to the performance you expect, then there is no worry about the next guy. You can’t hold onto sub-par or average afraid that the next coach may be sub-par or worse.

That was a missthippy tate response you just replied to. You know, the mindset that keeps on keeping you down.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 03:28 PM

Exactly! Would you keep an underperforming employee? I wouldn't

Churchill
11-29-2019, 03:31 PM
That's six wins against the very weakest part of our schedule with nothing resembling a signature victory. Didn't even show up against the better teams. If the administration keeps this guy around we're headed back to the 60's.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 04:15 PM
Maybe we don't throw out the baby out with the bath water. Maybe we should not be so thin skinned. Maybe we can fire him and move on. Maybe he can stay. Maybe the people talking so much shit could learn to take criticism as well.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 04:24 PM
You're a loser. Plain and simple. People who accept ties are losers. 6-6 is a tie. 3-5 is a losing season. 1 point win over a 4-8 or 2-6 team means you're an inch taller midget. This is not 1950, not 1970, not 1990, not even the 2010s anymore. We are fully onto 2020. MSU is a top 35 program in the nation. Never in our history have we been here. With that comes a higher standard and higher expectations. This school's potential is not being realized and in two seasons we've gone from a 35-3 win over the Ol? Pissers in their home to a 1-point win at our home thanks to their own hubris.

Weighing MSU sports against another loser program makes you a loser. Period. Do the smart thing and elevate this program. As fun as last night was, and the fact that that will go down as a top 5 EB all time... I like 35-3 and whipping their QBs ass a lot more than hoping and praying unlucky logan misses an extra point.

Yeah. So get a new guy. Not that big of a deal. No one is happy with 6-6. Has anyone on here said Hooray 6-6? Hell no.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2019, 04:24 PM
We can talk about what if he stays though.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 04:26 PM
I think those results would be acceptable if the fans saw signs that the program was heading upward. Are there any real signs of that?

dantheman4248
11-29-2019, 06:32 PM
Yeah. So get a new guy. Not that big of a deal. No one is happy with 6-6. Has anyone on here said Hooray 6-6? Hell no.

They been coming out the woodwork today. The losers complacent with their place in history. Resistant to change even if it's better.

BiscuitEater
11-29-2019, 06:50 PM
You're a loser. Plain and simple. People who accept ties are losers. 6-6 is a tie. 3-5 is a losing season.

Okay, but Cohen replaces JoeMo with a 'Rick Ray' hire just to please some folks and we are back at 3-9, 0-8 in a heartbeat!

Who is this 'savior' coach?

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 07:04 PM
Okay, but Cohen replaces JoeMo with a 'Rick Ray' hire just to please some folks and we are back at 3-9, 0-8 in a heartbeat!

We have multiple more qualified coaches as options for the football program than hiring a RR type. That’s a false concern. Nobody can guarantee success, Moorehead looked great when we hired him, but it’s a dud. And there is more issues than the wins and losses. That is just the symptoms we are seeing on the field.

Goldendawg
11-29-2019, 07:07 PM
On the drive home, couldn't help but notice during Jo's PC how he pointed out that "we have won 3 SEC games", ( no matter that we were non-competitive in the other 5!). He now fits in with many on this board now satisfied with lowered expectations. I am 64 and no long satisfied with the other "tough" victories we achieved this year because any record is ok as long as we beat UM, a now 4-8 dumpster fire. Hail State!

dantheman4248
11-29-2019, 07:25 PM

There doesn't need to be a "savior" level. We need a "not steaming hot pile of garbage" level coach.

If we hire someone who does the worst he can with this talent it would be the same as keeping Joe two more years. You can't be afraid of hitting into a double play. You gotta play for a base hit. Otherwise you'll just get a strikeout.