PDA

View Full Version : I would hope the Joe apologist would agree that significant changes

Indndawg
11-29-2019, 10:57 AM
should be made to his staff if he stays

NEW OC/S&C/Special Teams

cheewgumm
11-29-2019, 11:00 AM
Why?

We went 6-6 and beat Ole Miss.

Kick rocks.

Indndawg
11-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Yep, everything is hunky dorey. We beat a Matt Luke team by 1 point at home.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 11:05 AM
Kick rocks Bob from Bogue Chitto. MSU sucked before he got here. We've never had success so don't you dare question the offensive savant.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 11:05 AM
Nah, we good. Joe slapped Keenum and Cohen in the face with his dick last night. I bet we keep everybody on staff and give 'em big raises to boot.

DogsofAnarchy
11-29-2019, 11:51 AM
Absolutely not!! It’s all good!! We are great and you will have to drag the S & C coach and Joey Jones our of here. And Joe Moorhead is an offensive GENIUS. He doesn’t need any help. Even though we are dead last in the league in offense. Or are we ahead of Vandy? That’s all that matters. :rolleyes:

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 11:54 AM
I think he should be allowed to sink or swim with his coaching and personnel decisions. He's the Head Football Coach and no one else in AD office has coached football.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 11:58 AM
I'm not a Joe apologist but I'm not as fanatic and psycho as some.

We need an OC, a new ST coach. Briener needs to go also. Moorhead needs to relinquish play calling and be a figurehead/CEO type.

That would be a bare minimum for me and I think that could work if he brought a strong OC in. I actually think that could work if he did that.

yjnkdawg
11-29-2019, 12:05 PM
I think he should be allowed to sink or swim with his coaching and personnel decisions. He's the Head Football Coach and no one else in AD office has coached football.

If he does stay he will know where the issues are in our football program (if he doesn't already know), but it will be up to him to make any necessary changes. Whether that would be changes in coaching philosophy, changing assistant coaches, hiring an OC, etc. You don't micromanage a coach, but you tell him what your expectations are. Then it is left up to the coach to do what he thinks needs to be done to meet those expectations.

KB21
11-29-2019, 12:06 PM

We need an OC, a new ST coach. Briener needs to go also. Moorhead needs to relinquish play calling and be a figurehead/CEO type.

That would be a bare minimum for me and I think that could work if he brought a strong OC in. I actually think that could work if he did that.

Bringing in a new OC and having Joe relinquish his play calling is not going to fix the problem right now. The problem is the lack of discipline and preparation. That’s not going to change with Joe setting that standard.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 12:10 PM
If he does stay he will know where the issues are in our football program (if he doesn't already know), but it will be up to him to make any necessary changes. Whether that would be changes in coaching philosophy, changing assistant coaches, hiring an OC, etc. You don't micromanage a coach, but you tell him what your expectations are. Then it is left up to the coach to do what he thinks needs to be done to meet those expectations.

Exactly. Making a coach take on an O coordinator or anyone else usually just builds resentment and almost never works out. He has to run the football program. The only thing he doesn't have total control over maybe is the football budget. Other than that all other decisions should be his.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 12:17 PM
Bringing in a new OC and having Joe relinquish his play calling is not going to fix the problem right now. The problem is the lack of discipline and preparation. That’s not going to change with Joe setting that standard.

Well I thought wholesale changes in strength and conditioning were an understood. That would have to be part of this as well.

KB21
11-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Well I thought wholesale changes in strength and conditioning were an understood. That would have to be part of this as well.

The S&C staff essentially does what the HC wants them to do. Joe doesn’t understand how important S&C is in the SEC.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 12:28 PM
The S&C staff essentially does what the HC wants them to do. Joe doesn’t understand how important S&C is in the SEC.

I think he does now. He was trying to make practices more physical in the middle of the year. I think he understands that changes need to be made. Question is can he make the right changes. Most everyone thinks no which is why we are talking about firing him.

parabrave
11-29-2019, 12:45 PM

Don't forget an new OLINE coach and a Tackling Coach. But he does need to get out of playcalling. Biggest headscratcher of the entire game was right before halftime we are running it down their throat and about to put the knife in and we call 3 straight pass plays and that's on Joe.

DogsofAnarchy
11-29-2019, 12:47 PM

Exactly correct. He is to soft. Doesn’t know where recruiting stops and COACHING starts in the SEC.

Indndawg
11-29-2019, 01:00 PM
After reading what his post game comments were, I think he's even less qualified to coach any team. Too thin-skinned, too in love with himself