PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Karma Is A Pissed Off Bitch Edition

Coach34
11-29-2019, 10:56 AM
1. For you watching at home- how damn exciting was watching that XP leak out to the right from the back view last night?

2. That game flew by. Seemed like it only took 2 hours to play. We only ran 58 plays on offense. We bled that damn play clock dry.

3. I thought Errol's forced fumble on their 1st drive changed the game. They were roaring thru us on that 1st drive with 38 yards in 5 plays. That fumble stopped their early momentum that it took a whole quarter for them to get back. He played like a damn Wildman last night and that's what we had to have.

4. Shrader was solid last night. 1 turnover but ran the offense well. We fed Hill and he delivered against what was a decent run defense. 210 rushing overall is a good night.

5. Held Plums to 34 yards rushing. That was the difference in the game. Take him out of it and make the other guys beat us. They couldn't because the rest of the D did their jobs. Having Gay and Murphy out there was good for us for a toughness mindset- not just their play. Your Golden Triangle guys just always seem to have that toughness edge to them. Our LB's did a great job of attacking the LOS on their zone runs and the safeties made tackles.

6. Fitting that we won on the night honoring Jackie and our 98/99 teams. Since we decided to get serious about football at Miss State back in 1991 with the hiring of The Kang- we are 16-13 in Egg Bowls. Piss on them.

7. Now time for the bad. We had 310 total yards against a team giving up about 425 yards per game coming in. We scored 21 against a team giving up about 27 per game. It's nice to win- but it wasn't a stellar offensive performance that did it. We were a missed XP from OT against a bad team. We gave up 385 yards but forced 3 turnovers to remain an XP ahead. Just enough to eek out a win.

8. Telling the world you didn't inherit the 85 Bears is not going to help win over a fanbase.

9. Where do we go from here? I don't know. At about 5pm yesterday- I heard we were making a change, no deal in place yet, and we have a list of 6 people. The common theme from all the guys was that a change was happening. Now hearing we might not make a change. That Egg Bowl trophy sure weilds some power. Maybe this was some type of coup by the money guys to try and force him out. Who knows right now. I'm sure we will find out soon enough. The lack of excitement around the program is a big issue. With next year's rebuild coming and a lethal October schedule- StarkVegas will be a ghost town by November 2020. My best guess- we stay the course and deal with it next year when OM will be searching for a new HC also. That will be real fun.

#HailState

dantheman4248
11-29-2019, 10:59 AM
With #9, I'd wait until next Sunday before I believe he's staying. If he's still there by the time the bowl is announced then we're keeping him. Too many opportunities to drop the news when no one is paying attention between now and then. Then it gets very thin to drop that nugget into bottomline news.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 11:03 AM
A real gut punch will be OM hiring Napier next year

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 11:03 AM
If we keep Joe only to fire him next season - which probably will be middle of the season - everybody needs to go. Top ****ing down.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 11:04 AM
#9 -- I figured.

civildawg
11-29-2019, 11:06 AM
Welp my holidays are officially ruined. After joes little tirade last night, I think I hate our own football coach.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 11:06 AM
Cohen should be fired with Moorhead next year if #9 comes to happen.

Would just be a despicable decision considering we so obviously have a bad coach.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 11:07 AM
And you want to know why I posted the Hotty Toddy thread?

Good lord our admin and donors suck ass

basedog
Shrader didn't look the same to me last night.

Bleeding the clock was the way to go last night with the way our defense was playing. Overall they were really good except for the 4th and 23, it was shocking where I sit to see the receiver running wide open.

Gay and Murphy make a huge difference for our defense. They both made big plays that won the game for us except for the clown who looked like a "Village People Guy" pissing! What a dumb ass!

Our special teams were really good last night.

Crowd was into the game, you had to be there to know.

Fewest OM folks I have ever seen at a Egg Bowl game, I may add I've seen most since 1970.

Joe isn't the future but I will be True Maroon and never pull against Msu in any game or sport, that is sickening!

bulldawg28
Major back peddling here or blatant lies given in the last 24 hours. All of those absolutes do not go away due to winning one game.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Fewest OM folks I have ever seen at a Egg Bowl game, I may add I've seen most since 1970

I noticed this as well Base. We took over their crap stadium last year

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Only at MSU can we turn an Egg Bowl win into a loss. Just incredibly poor leadership if he stays. No spine

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 11:10 AM
9. Where do we go from here? I don't know. At about 5pm yesterday- I heard we were making a change, no deal in place yet, and we have a list of 6 people. The common theme from all the guys was that a change was happening. Now hearing we might not make a change. That Egg Bowl trophy sure weilds some power. Maybe this was some type of coup by the money guys to try and force him out. Who knows right now. I'm sure we will find out soon enough. The lack of excitement around the program is a big issue. With next year's rebuild coming and a lethal October schedule- StarkVegas will be a ghost town by November 2020. My best guess- we stay the course and deal with it next year when OM will be searching for a new HC also. That will be real fun.

#HailState

So you knew we were making the change, and then you figured out we weren't.

Seems like you, along with the rest of us, didn't know anything from the start.

Coach34
11-29-2019, 11:11 AM
Major back peddling here or blatant lies given in the last 24 hours. All of those absolutes do not go away due to winning one game.

That's what I'm curious about- not one of our guys that usually know things said we might keep him with a win. All were confident a change was being made. We'll see

dantheman4248
11-29-2019, 11:11 AM
As for the crowd... that's the loudest I've heard the stadium since the expansion. Yes... louder than 2014 Auburn. I've sat in the student section for all of them. That final drive for OM is the loudest the bells have been ringing that I've been a part of.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 11:12 AM
Who is fighting for Moorhead at the top?

Who is the person that watches this team and thinks they are well coached?

Saltydog
11-29-2019, 11:13 AM
Absolutely 100% correct....Why delay the inevitable? DO IT NOW and strike while the iron is hot if you have your guy!

basedog
11-29-2019, 11:14 AM
As for the crowd... that's the loudest I've heard the stadium since the expansion. Yes... louder than 2014 Auburn. I've sat in the student section for all of them. That final drive for OM is the loudest the bells have been ringing that I've been a part of.

Crowd was great, winning is always better than a loss. Imagine how the Bear Sharks feel right now, they have way more butt hurt than real Msu fans!

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 11:15 AM
Only at MSU can we turn an Egg Bowl win into a loss. Just incredibly poor leadership if he stays. No spine

People like you are trying to turn it into a loss. We won the game and they looked like classless idiots on national TV. It was priceless. I'm enjoying it and will for a long time to come.

bluelightstar
11-29-2019, 11:17 AM
People like you are trying to turn it into a loss. We won the game and they looked like classless idiots on national TV. It was priceless. I'm enjoying it and will for a long time to come.

Right up until we go 4-8 next year

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 11:21 AM
Who is fighting for Moorhead at the top?

Who is the person that watches this team and thinks they are well coached?

I bet that little tirade about "dragging his Yankee ass out of here" was a direct hit on the cigar boys against him. It's a war now. But Cohen and Keenum better understand after that post game pissing match those cigar boys will never support the football program as long as Joe is here. In fact their money for any MSU program may have just dried up until he's gone.

Coach34
11-29-2019, 11:23 AM
I bet that little tirade about "dragging his Yankee ass out of here" was a direct hit on the cigar boys against him. It's a war now. But Cohen and Keenum better understand after that post game pissing match those cigar boys will never support the football program as long as Joe is here. In fact their money for any MSU program may have just dried up until he's gone.

haha- sounds like you been reading some of the same texts I have.

CovertDawg
11-29-2019, 11:23 AM
Crowd was great, winning is always better than a loss. Imagine how the Bear Sharks feel right now, they have way more butt hurt than real Msu fans!

Ole Miss might as well just keep Luke for another half season because their opening schedule next year is Baylor, SEMO, Auburn, LSU, Alabama. That is a monster opening 5 games that could destroy the soul of a new coach rather quickly.

OLJWales
11-29-2019, 11:25 AM
I'm thinking maybe due to the excitement of last night's game that an immediate announcement would not be a good look. I'm gonna keep hope alive and wait this thing out.

basedog
11-29-2019, 11:28 AM
They are in much worse shape than we are, getting extra practices while going to 10 straight bowls is the proof. I just hope we keep our so call top 25 recruiting class intact.

DogsofAnarchy
11-29-2019, 11:31 AM
That’s the story of MSU in general. A day late and a dollar short. This will be an incredible mistake to wait. My guess is that’s exactly what the losers will do. John Cohen is a baseball coach. If he waits on this hire and this goes from bad to ridiculous next year then JOHN COHEN will need to be fired also.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 11:32 AM
haha- sounds like you been reading some of the same texts I have.

Just some common sense. Joe is a mediocre, arrogant coach that just told a group of people that give ridiculous amounts of money to the university every year to go **** themselves. I don't think this is going to end well for him.

BrunswickDawg
11-29-2019, 11:32 AM
Ole Miss might as well just keep Luke for another half season because their opening schedule next year is Baylor, SEMO, Auburn, LSU, Alabama. That is a monster opening 5 games that could destroy the soul of a new coach rather quickly.

Plus Florida for their East team. That's the real reason Luke will be back next year - the schedule is set up for them to miss a bowl again. Why bring in a new coach to try to rebuild with that schedule?

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2019, 11:40 AM
Just some common sense. Joe is a mediocre, arrogant coach that just told a group of people that give ridiculous amounts of money to the university every year to go **** themselves. I don't think this is going to end well for him.

I wanted to fire him after he basically said last year was a good year because we shouldn't expect any better.

shannondawg
11-29-2019, 11:46 AM
A real gut punch will be OM hiring Napier next year

But,but, I thought we already hired him, a done deal.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 11:51 AM
If Joe comes back his Yankee ass needs to start shitting or get off the pot. I’m pretty patient and fair IMO and I can understand the excuses but there is no excuse for the lack of preparation or discipline. He has to fix that if he has any hope of staying with us beyond next year.

And a good showing in the bowl would help.

QuadrupleOption
11-29-2019, 11:51 AM
Joe Moorhead may not be a great football coach but he IS a competitor. OF COURSE he's going to tell those big-money boosters trying to get rid of him to go **** themselves. You would too if you were in the same situation.

As far as if we'll be able to handle it as an Athletic Department - I guess we'll see, but I know we're getting 40+ million a year from the SEC so that should help a little bit.

yjnkdawg
11-29-2019, 11:52 AM

Nope, and money talks. Sometimes it can make somebody take the walk when they don't want to take the walk.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 11:52 AM
They are in much worse shape than we are, getting extra practices while going to 10 straight bowls is the proof. I just hope we keep our so call top 25 recruiting class intact.

If Joe stays I imagine we will for the most part.

Turfdawg67
11-29-2019, 11:53 AM
I was hoping this morning to here you boasting how YOU called Moorhead's departure and how "ED" broke another exclusive... guess we'll just have to live with the subdued version of Sunday Morning QB. Sigh...

Maybe, like you, your cigar boys don't... oh, never mind.

Gordon Gekko
11-29-2019, 11:54 AM

Common sense said that Rutgers wasn’t going fall all over themselves to hire Joe after underachieving at State. Common sense said that the win win mutual announcement after the game regardless of the outcome didn’t make sense. Saying that the AD is making a knee jerk reaction to the game doesn’t jive with saying we have a negotiated buyout and new coach ready to go. To have a negotiated buy out both parties have had to discuss and agree. Joe’s press conference made it pretty clear he hadn’t signed off on a buy out and winning by one point doesn’t undue a real negotiation and new coach you’ve got ready to go.

I’m not saying Joe is the right guy but you guys have wanted these wild rumors to be true so bad you haven’t used common sense.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 11:54 AM
His future is going to ride on the JUCO guys next year. And also how many of our NFL guys he can convince to come back.

Quaoarsking
11-29-2019, 11:55 AM
I wonder if Cohen thinks back to his first 2 years here as baseball coach (which were honestly much worse than Moorhead's) and feels some sympathy for JoMo.

He shouldn't, because Polk left him a much worse roster than Mullen left Moorhead, and even if that weren't true, he's the AD now and gets paid to make the right decision, regardless of whether some previous AD was merciful to him or not, but you gotta figure it's in the back of his mind.

KB21
11-29-2019, 11:55 AM
If Joe comes back his Yankee ass needs to start shitting or get off the pot. I’m pretty patient and fair IMO and I can understand the excuses but there is no excuse for the lack of preparation or discipline. He has to fix that if he has any hope of staying with us beyond next year.

And a good showing in the bowl would help.

If we meet Michigan in the Gator Bowl, we will get boat raced if Joe is coaching that game.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 11:56 AM
And to follow up- he really needs Malik Heath to be the opposite of Stephen Guidry to work his offense.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 11:57 AM
If we meet Michigan in the Gator Bowl, we will get boat raced if Joe is coaching that game.

Is that where we are going? That’s crazy.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 11:57 AM

This is correct. The support and money is in place to make a move now. If our admin doesn't pull the trigger now then they've placed themselves in a bad bad position against the folks that pay the bills.

KB21
11-29-2019, 11:59 AM
Is that where we are going? That’s crazy.

It’s one projection.

JNC23
11-29-2019, 11:59 AM
This is correct. The support and money is in place to make a move now. If our admin doesn't pull the trigger now then they've placed themselves in a bad bad position against the folks that pay the bills.

So do you still believe that the wheels are in motion based on what you're hearing?

KB21
11-29-2019, 12:01 PM

And Joe is talking about how the team needs a new indoor practice facility while slapping the guys who will ultimately pay for that in the face. I’m not sure why the team needs a new IPF, but it was beyond obvious that Joe would rather practice indoors in comfort rather than outdoors in the elements. That’s the big reason the South Farm training camp has been shelved.

Irondawg
11-29-2019, 12:03 PM
Well the new problem is that is also sounds like we DON’T have our guy lined up. Easier sell to the world if you can him and you have something lined up. Coaching searches can go south in hurry and we don’t want to look like we don’t know what we are doing because we have a recruiting class out there we have to get to sign in 3 weeks

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 12:04 PM
Nope, and money talks. Sometimes it can make somebody take the walk when they don't want to take the walk.

So this group of donors is willing to torpedo the football program because of their ego ? Sound like an awesome group. True Maroon

Irondawg
11-29-2019, 12:05 PM
Other thing I wasn’t crazy about from the press conference is how he made a point to inform everyone how much the team loved him and wanted him to be the coach.

If they loved him that much they would have had a line out Cohens door to tell him they wanted to keep him

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 12:05 PM
This is why I said it might be best to root for Ole Miss to beat us. Now even though we won, we may have lost because Joe may still be here.

It would be the most MSU thing ever to hang on to Joe one more year, fire him at the end of next year, but Ole Miss fire Luke a week or two earlier and hire Napier, and Napier beat our ass for the next decade. We would pretty much deserve that shit if we hang on to Joe at this point.

He basically has said our fan base is stupid. He's given us and the cigar boys the middle finger. He acts like he's bigger than MSU, etc. So John Cohen can either Fire Joe, or our collected efforts should immediately shift to Mark Keenum Firing Cohen.

If they'd have fired Joe weeks ago when the entire country was talking about what a bust he was, we wouldn't be dealing with this shit. But just like I worried, John waited and let him beat a few cupcakes to end the year and now he's in a lose/lose. MSU...where we cannot help but screw up every potential good situation that we face.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 12:13 PM
So do you still believe that the wheels are in motion based on what you're hearing?

Yes and joe didn't do himself any favors with his pc last night either.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 12:15 PM
So this group of donors is willing to torpedo the football program because of their ego ? Sound like an awesome group. True Maroon

So the HC is willing to torpedo the program by telling the donors to shove it because of his ego...awesome guy. It goes both ways, they have to work together

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 12:16 PM

^^^

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 12:17 PM

Hope you're right, but I'll believe we fire a coach that beats Ole Miss when I see it. Unfortunately most of our fans and administration is exactly what Ole Miss says they are....only in it to beat Ole Miss. Makes me physically nauseous

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 12:21 PM
So the HC is willing to torpedo the program by telling the donors to shove it because of his ego...awesome guy. It goes both ways, they have to work together

I agree they need to work together, but Joe is not going to try to stop winning.

It is being suggested that The Cigar Boys, whoever the hell they are, will simply stop their support because they don't believe that the current coach is the right guy for the job.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 12:22 PM
Hope you're right, but I'll believe we fire a coach that beats Ole Miss when I see it. Unfortunately most of our fans and administration is exactly what Ole Miss says they are....only in it to beat Ole Miss. Makes me physically nauseous

Yep. I don't see us getting above an 5 to 8 wins a year anytime soon. We always wildly exuberant with beating OM, whether we're 8-3 or 3-8 going into the game. It's all that matters.

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 12:24 PM
I agree they need to work together, but Joe is not going to try to stop winning.

It is being suggested that The Cigar Boys, whoever the hell they are, will simply stop their support because they don't believe that the current coach is the right guy for the job.

I wish your simplistic way of viewing things was true but sadly things are never black and white.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 12:33 PM
That's what I'm curious about- not one of our guys that usually know things said we might keep him with a win. All were confident a change was being made. We'll see

And that was a win that was as about as close to a loss as you can have. I bet if there is no penalty after the TD Luke goes for 2.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 12:36 PM
I wish your simplistic way of viewing things was true but sadly things are never black and white.

OK Boomer.

There isn't much grey to it. When Moorhead begins to literally sabotage the program, I will think the same way about him, but until then, there is only one side willing to stop trying because of ego.

I am not Moorhead's biggest fan. He has to clean some things up if he wants to stay here long term, but just allowing big money boosters to make all decisions regarding the football program is how you end up like Arkansas.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 12:37 PM

I actually think much less of Joe now than I did previously. If he REALLY wants to stay and he thinks that pissing on the fanbase at a post-game press conference is the way to do it then I'm not sure what he is thinking.

Rex54
11-29-2019, 12:38 PM

There are many companies that I have loved for a long time. I’m not blindly throwing money in their stocks whenever, just because. When they show the potential of growth, I invest.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 12:38 PM
The difference between Moorhead being retained and fired could very well have been what Elijah Moore did. It's a scary thought that perhaps Moorhead didn't save his job, an OM player did by taunting

Gutter Cobreh
11-29-2019, 12:39 PM

Looks like we're going the UT route. All we need now is for Jackie to work the back channels to oust Cohen and him become the new AD....

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 12:40 PM
OK Boomer.

There isn't much grey to it. When Moorhead begins to literally sabotage the program, I will think the same way about him, but until then, there is only one side willing to stop trying because of ego.

I am not Moorhead's biggest fan. He has to clean some things up if he wants to stay here long term, but just allowing big money boosters to make all decisions regarding the football program is how you end up like Arkansas.

You have the freedom to think of it however you please, I wish I could.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 12:40 PM
Looks like we're going the UT route. All we need now is for Jackie to work the back channels to oust Cohen and him become the new AD....

And for bo bounds to lead us to publicly attack a hire... I recommend joe

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 12:42 PM
Just my own opinion, but I have zero confidence that we make a change. Do I agree with it? No not completely. But I will believe it when I see it. I fell too hard into the “smoke” and rumors the last few days. Joe certainly isn’t leaving on his own accord and I just do not have a confident feeling that our admin will nut up and tell him to take a hike after getting us to our 10th straight bowl. Especially after his PC call out last night. Maybe what Joe said last night pissed some boosters off bad enough to do something, but I doubt it. It’s just funny how it went from “it’s a done deal no matter the outcome win or lose” yesterday to “now he might be back and looks like a real possibility” and there’s radio silence on anything still happening after last night. If he’s back, Cohen has tied himself to Joe’s success or lack thereof next season.

Gordon Gekko
11-29-2019, 12:42 PM
I actually think much less of Joe now than I did previously. If he REALLY wants to stay and he thinks that pissing on the fanbase at a post-game press conference is the way to do it then I'm not sure what he is thinking.

I actually liked the press conference. If he is going to stay I hope he is fired up and gets tougher. Hopefully this is a wake up call. We?ll see.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 12:45 PM
Joe Moorhead may not be a great football coach but he IS a competitor. OF COURSE he's going to tell those big-money boosters trying to get rid of him to go **** themselves. You would too if you were in the same situation.

As far as if we'll be able to handle it as an Athletic Department - I guess we'll see, but I know we're getting 40+ million a year from the SEC so that should help a little bit.

But love how he's telling folks to go **** themselves after beating a really bad 4 win team by 1 point at home.

OLJWales
There are many companies that I have loved for a long time. I’m not blindly throwing money in their stocks whenever, just because. When they show the potential of growth, I invest.

Boom.

dawgday166

OK Boomer.

Four years ago he was in a basement at Fordham trying to scrape together furniture and a white board to draw up plays for his players. Now he's coaching a program that plays Saban every year.

Yet he thinks he knows more about building an SEC Program than Mullen, Saban, etc. He acted like it last year and now again this year. Talk about one HUGE f***ing ego.

trojandawg
11-29-2019, 12:47 PM
his press conference had nothing to do with being fired up coaching and on the field. it was more fired up about the criticism. he thinks his coaching is fine. it was fire at the fan base and the boosters. not where it needs to be directed. once again he screws that up too.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 12:53 PM
Just my own opinion, but I have zero confidence that we make a change. Do I agree with it? No not completely. But I will believe it when I see it. I fell too hard into the “smoke” and rumors the last few days. Joe certainly isn’t leaving on his own accord and I just do not have a confident feeling that our admin will nut up and tell him to take a hike after getting us to our 10th straight bowl. Especially after his PC call out last night. Maybe what Joe said last night pissed some boosters off bad enough to do something, but I doubt it. It’s just funny how it went from “it’s a done deal no matter the outcome win or lose” yesterday to “now he might be back and looks like a real possibility” and there’s radio silence on anything still happening after last night. If he’s back, Cohen has tied himself to Joe’s success or lack thereof next season.

Good take here.

National perception of the program is a real concern. Firing a guy after year 2 with a 14-11 record at MSU is a bad look. Do I think the program is trending in the right direction at the moment? - No

Do I think that trajectory could change? -Yes Possibly. After the UT loss all of our fans were absolutely sure we wouldnt win another SEC game, and they OM would run for 500 yards on us, but yet here we are.

If Joe tanks next year, we should consider making a change, but until then, we don't need to be viewed as a program where big boosters make every decision.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 12:53 PM
The difference between Moorhead being retained and fired could very well have been what Elijah Moore did. It's a scary thought that perhaps Moorhead didn't save his job, an OM player did by taunting

Well the kicker shares in that. It was still just a 35 yard kick. He should have made it.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 12:56 PM
Well the kicker shares in that. It was still just a 35 yard kick. He should have made it.

Well, plug him in too... point remains

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 12:58 PM
There are many companies that I have loved for a long time. I?m not blindly throwing money in their stocks whenever, just because. When they show the potential of growth, I invest.

The university isn't a company. Also, your interest in investing is your money, not the well being of the company.

So based on your statement above, you only support the company (MSU) if they are showing gains (winning). Definition of a fair weather fan.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 12:59 PM
I actually liked the press conference. If he is going to stay I hope he is fired up and gets tougher. Hopefully this is a wake up call. We?ll see.

Being fired up and talking positive about your program and what you want to accomplish going forward is great. Telling your fanbase they are essentially stupid (because of their expectations) and they can go screw off and that my ass isn't going anywhere whether you want me or not is very unprofessional and counterproductive. The MSU fans will be here long after the current players have graduated and their support essentially pay Moorhead's salary. I can't see anyway Moorhead thought last night's tirade was going to be good for him long term.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 01:02 PM
The university isn't a company. Also, your interest in investing is your money, not the well being of the company.

So based on your statement above, you only support the company (MSU) if they are showing gains (winning). Definition of a fair weather fan.

Your comments are very naive. The football program is most definitely a business. It's entertainment. Folks pay for it. If they don't like what they're getting, or feel that their money isn't being used prudently to improve performance, they're entitled to discontinue paying for it.

hp22
11-29-2019, 01:02 PM
If Cohen makes a move, then he buys himself some time.

If Cohen does not make a move, he/jomo could be on shaky ground come mid October.

Point being, if no move is made now, then a gamble is made on next year with both their positions at risk.

For the record, we HAVE to be smarter than allowing 1 football game against a 4-7 team with NCAA roster restrictions to justify long term decisions. The game last night should not change the opinion of anyone (pro/against) debating the Moorhead issue.

All that aside, I'm going to enjoy my afternoon and will always laugh about how that ended for OM.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 01:03 PM
Good take here.

National perception of the program is a real concern. Firing a guy after year 2 with a 14-11 record at MSU is a bad look. Do I think the program is trending in the right direction at the moment? - No

Do I think that trajectory could change? -Yes Possibly. After the UT loss all of our fans were absolutely sure we wouldnt win another SEC game, and they OM would run for 500 yards on us, but yet here we are.

If Joe tanks next year, we should consider making a change, but until then, we don't need to be viewed as a program where big boosters make every decision.

National perception is the absolute LAST thing I am worried about. We need to do whatever is best for our program going forward. First, most people around the country could not care less what MSU does or does not do. If there is any negativity about it then it will last about one 24 hour news cycle and then its off to something else.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 01:07 PM
Good take here.

You know what is the biggest effect of national perception?? WINNING

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 01:08 PM
National perception does matter, because it will have an effect on who will be the next head coach.

Funny how all of these names that were interested in coming here are fizzling out all of a sudden, especially when we were firing Moorhead no matter the outcome of the game....

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 01:08 PM
National perception is the absolute LAST thing I am worried about. We need to do whatever is best for our program going forward. First, most people around the country could not care less what MSU does or does not do. If there is any negativity about it then it will last about one 24 hour news cycle and then its off to something else.

Exactly. People ripped us for firing Croom, for firing Ray, and for not promoting Gary Henderson.....but what were they saying when Mullen took over for Croom and did what he did? Or what are they saying about the guy who took over for Rick Ray, Mr Howland? Or what about Lemonis as he led us to Omaha last year?

F the media...John must do what's best for MSU. The media doesn't know what that is, but we do, and John should.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 01:09 PM
Being fired up and talking positive about your program and what you want to accomplish going forward is great. Telling your fanbase they are essentially stupid (because of their expectations) and they can go screw off and that my ass isn't going anywhere whether you want me or not is very unprofessional and counterproductive. The MSU fans will be here long after the current players have graduated and their support essentially pay Moorhead's salary. I can't see anyway Moorhead thought last night's tirade was going to be good for him long term.

This.

Joe very well may fired in the next few days. He's known it would happen. This is his wrench in the works to derail it. He just put Cohen in a very uncomfortable position. But, he did it a very selfish, unprofessional manner. He had cigar boys against him before and now they'll never come back over as long as he's here. He put Cohen in the middle of the shit storm he started last night. So any bridges he had went up in flames by his own match.

DLGDawg
11-29-2019, 01:10 PM

Bruce(and we?re just talking here..discussing), IMO there has to be something to hang your hat on that?s says hey....I see the progress...he has a plan. And I can see it starting to come together. BUT...I myself do not see anything to give me hope for the future except for further decline. That?s an opinion formed not of emotion, but of looking at the 2 year body of work.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 01:12 PM
This.

Joe very well may fired in the next few days. He's known it would happen. This is his wrench in the works to derail it. He just put Cohen in a very uncomfortable position. But, he did it a very selfish, unprofessional manner. He had cigar boys against him before and now they'll never come back over as long as he's here. He put Cohen in the middle of the shit storm he started last night. So any bridges he had went up in flames by his own match.

This is exactly right!

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 01:15 PM
But love how he's telling folks to go **** themselves after beating a really bad 4 win team by 1 point at home.

me too

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 01:24 PM

oh i think he did. he poked his finger in the eye of a bunch of wanna be insiders who can hand out uninformed criticism but get their feelings hurt because he called them on it.

He isnt regretting a thing.

fader2103
11-29-2019, 01:33 PM
OK Boomer.

and how you get put in the situation of Ole Miss. I don't want Joe here but we can't let the cigar boys think they have to have their hand in every single decision

fader2103
11-29-2019, 01:37 PM

I love how everyone is saying we beat a horrible 4 win team but 24 hours ago everyone was saying they were going to kill us.

dawgoneyall
11-29-2019, 01:38 PM
I wanted to fire him after he basically said last year was a good year because we shouldn't expect any better.

Every MSU fan should listen to his presser at SEC media day.

If that doesn't piss you off......

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 01:43 PM
This.

Yep, the only way now to end the shit storm is to make a coaching change. That's why I don't understand Moorhead. Without the press conference crap there was at least the possibility that decisions could be altered and the money guys might be willing to give him one more year. Those bridges have been totally burned now though.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 01:45 PM
Bruce(and we?re just talking here..discussing), IMO there has to be something to hang your hat on that?s says hey....I see the progress...he has a plan. And I can see it starting to come together. BUT...I myself do not see anything to give me hope for the future except for further decline. That?s an opinion formed not of emotion, but of looking at the 2 year body of work.

That's a fair assessment. Personally I do not think the program is trending in the right direction at the moment, but that does not mean it can't change. Tennessee was looking BAD at the beginning of the season, but are about to finish the season 7-5 and head to a bowl game for the first time in several years. Things can change. Everyone on this board that thinks they have a crystal ball are stupid. If we are looking bad at the end of next season, I will certainly be more open to fire Moorhead, but until then let's just wait and see.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 01:47 PM
oh i think he did. he poked his finger in the eye of a bunch of wanna be insiders who can hand out uninformed criticism but get their feelings hurt because he called them on it.

He may not be regretting it but it convinces me that he doesn't know crap about building a winning program at the highest level. You certainly don't go to war with your boosters to do it.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 01:49 PM
I love how everyone is saying we beat a horrible 4 win team but 24 hours ago everyone was saying they were going to kill us.

That perspective said WAY more about the expectation of our own team than it did about OM. And I've heard lots thinking we would lose, not sure where you are getting anyone saying they would kill us.

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:51 PM
Yeah. Let’s wait until the wheels fall completely off before we make a change, making it harder for the next head coach.

Commercecomet24

Oh I have no doubts he doesn't regret it. But this is not his program it's OUR program and he was hired to manage it and he's done a piss poor job of it so excuse me if I'm not on the joe train anymore. He's had 2 years to show us he could handle it and we have regressed no improvement at all. He's been a failure. We win last night inspite of joe not because of him. Still the same problems last night. He can get indignant all he wants but it's on him for his failures not us.

THE Bruce Dickinson
Exactly. People ripped us for firing Croom, for firing Ray, and for not promoting Gary Henderson.....but what were they saying when Mullen took over for Croom and did what he did? Or what are they saying about the guy who took over for Rick Ray, Mr Howland? Or what about Lemonis as he led us to Omaha last year?

F the media...John must do what's best for MSU. The media doesn't know what that is, but we do, and John should.

Croom was here too long. He should have been fired after year 3. Rick Ray was a unique situation, since we had a first class head coach lined up. If Bob Stoops agreed to take our job before the Egg Bowl, I would be OK with firing Moorhead. Yes Howland is on the Stoops level. Napier isn't Stoops and now it looks like he wouldn't even take the job. Not surprised

Spiderman
11-29-2019, 01:52 PM

actual quote from JoeVester at the pc.. "happy for players, etc.... and the MAJORITY of our fans."..... the MAJORITY?

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 01:53 PM
Yep, the only way now to end the shit storm is to make a coaching change. That's why I don't understand Moorhead. Without the press conference crap there was at least the possibility that decisions could be altered and the money guys might be willing to give him one more year. Those bridges have been totally burned now though.

I'd be willing to bet my first born child that Keenum has already gotten word from more than one NoMoJoe cigar boy that what ever current or future project their money is tied to just went dry. And they told him don't call asking for anymore money while Joe Moorhead is head coach. This could get very ugly.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 01:53 PM
Oh I have no doubts he doesn't regret it. But this is not his program it's OUR program and he was hired to manage it and he's done a piss poor job of it so excuse me if I'm not on the joe train anymore. He's had 2 years to show us he could handle it and we have regressed no improvement at all. He's been a failure. We win last night inspite of joe not because of him. Still the same problems last night. He can get indignant all he wants but it's on him for his failures not us.

Right on. Our players show up to play last night's game regardless of the coach. It's the other 11 games they need a good coach/motivator for.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 01:59 PM
National perception does matter, because it will have an effect on who will be the next head coach.

Funny how all of these names that were interested in coming here are fizzling out all of a sudden, especially when we were firing Moorhead no matter the outcome of the game....

So Napier would turn down an SEC HC job to stay at ULL because of some perceived "national perception"? I find that VERY hard to believe.

Spiderman
11-29-2019, 02:00 PM

I base my investment money wise in State football based on TRYING to win. I can recognize it when I see it. They got WAY less money when Croom was here, a lot more when Mullen was hired, and WAY more when Mullen took Relf and Lee and was in dang near every game. Then even more as the years went. It's fixing to go back down the way things are going

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 02:08 PM
Yeah. Let?s wait until the wheels fall completely off before we make a change, making it harder for the next head coach.

As long as it helps with national perception.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 02:09 PM
So Napier would turn down an SEC HC job to stay at ULL because of some perceived "national perception"? I find that VERY hard to believe.

Do you think Napier would take the Vandy job if they fired Mason (Which they should) tomorrow? Answer that question truthfully.

Rex54
11-29-2019, 02:35 PM
Do you think Napier would take the Vandy job if they fired Mason (Which they should) tomorrow? Answer that question truthfully.

I think he would take the Ole Miss job

Quaoarsking
11-29-2019, 02:39 PM

Yes?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-29-2019, 02:43 PM

Oh come on, you know Vandy is SEC in name only. Their academic standards alone put such a recruiting handicap on them theyll always be 13th or 14th in recruiting no matter the coach. Let alone less fan support, university admin that dont care about sports, and horrible facilities.

To imply a coach wouldnt take our job if he wouldnt tske Vandys is like saying if a coach wouldnt take the OM job he wouldnt go to LSU either

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 02:43 PM

Vandy is a unique situation with lots of built in disadvantages, but even if he wouldn't take that one I bet he would take any of the other 13 jobs.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 02:45 PM
I think he would take the Ole Miss job

In a heartbeat. He would take it right now if they dumped Luke.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 03:10 PM
In a heartbeat. He would take it right now if they dumped Luke.

So why isn't he there already. Ole Miss is keeping Luke

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 03:14 PM

That makes no sense

Jarius
11-29-2019, 03:24 PM

Because Matt Luke and his staff have a 12 million dollar buyout and they can’t afford to fire him.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 03:26 PM
Because Matt Luke and his staff have a 12 million dollar buyout and they can’t afford to fire him.

Why in the world is his buyout so high? Luke wouldn't leave OM to coach the Dallas Cowboys

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 03:43 PM

So we could afford Joe’s 9 million dollar buyout but Ole Miss can’t afford Luke’s at 12?

Coursesuper
11-29-2019, 03:47 PM
So we could afford Joe?s 9 million dollar buyout but Ole Miss can?t afford Luke?s at 12?

Actually yes we can afford the buyout. I don?t know about the bearsharks.

Mjoelner34
11-29-2019, 04:05 PM
Actually yes we can afford the buyout. I don?t know about the bearsharks.

Boosters were told by the new AD that they couldnt afford the buyout.

shannondawg
11-29-2019, 04:07 PM
I know for a fact that Joe's buy out is 4 mil down from 8 and that Napier is aready on board. Got that right here on edawgs, so its etched in stone.

sandwolf
11-29-2019, 04:41 PM

Tried to rep this, but I've got to spread some around.

sandwolf
11-29-2019, 04:54 PM

Dude, this is how it is at every program. An under-performing coach has to tread carefully with the big boosters.....he can't go mouthing off after pulling a win out of his ass against a 4 win team to get bowl eligible. A lot of big boosters have big egos and if they feel like they have been disrespected, they will pull their money just to flex their muscle. Any coach who doesn't understand this is just oblivious to the realities of their job.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 04:57 PM
Dude, this is how it is at every program. An under-performing coach has to tread carefully with the big boosters.....he can't go mouthing off after pulling a win out of his ass against a 4 win team to get bowl eligible. A lot of big boosters have big egos and if they feel like they have been disrespected, they will pull their money just to flex their muscle. Any coach who doesn't understand this is just oblivious to the realities of their job.

This. Really can't understand why so many can't understand this.

Spiderman
11-29-2019, 05:01 PM
Why in the world is his buyout so high? Luke wouldn't leave OM to coach the Dallas Cowboys

Correct

sandwolf
11-29-2019, 05:03 PM

It is pretty damn common for people to pull financial support when they don't feel like an institution is being good stewards of their money and/or when they don't feel like the institution appreciates their support. If we keep Moorhead and I were a big donor, I would feel like both of these things were taking place.