PDA

View Full Version : If you thought

Dawgfan77
11-29-2019, 09:09 AM
That we were going to make an announcement the day of the game .... come on guys. Even when we fired Croom it happened the next day. I?m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we were not going to make the announcement last night. Just be patient for the news to break. Believe it or not their are a lot of moving pieces to this situation. I think all our ?sources ? will back me up on this

Jack Lambert
11-29-2019, 09:12 AM
They can't very well make an announcement due to the fact if they already hired a coach he is still probably coaching.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 09:13 AM
I’ve learned not to be so reactive. Just like two years ago when Mullen left. Folks just can’t help themselves. They want to point out how wrong people are. I’ll worry in a couple days or so if things don’t start leaking.

Dawgfan77
11-29-2019, 09:17 AM
Yes sir as well as we have to think logistics. Tell me what better day to release news than the weekend after thanksgiving?? ESP with all the big game implications going on . Food for thought.
Again. We HAVE a ton of moving pieces here. I love Ari but he got some of y?all in an uproar saying he was going to announce his resignation after the win.
Coaches usually issue a statement and not a PC. Again. A lot of moving pieces

ILOATHEBears
11-29-2019, 09:17 AM
That we were going to make an announcement the day of the game .... come on guys. Even when we fired Croom it happened the next day. I?m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we were not going to make the announcement last night. Just be patient for the news to break. Believe it or not their are a lot of moving pieces to this situation. I think all our ?sources ? will back me up on this

One thing that?s telling is normally Keenum has a video in the locker room with the trophy or pics with your coach and AD together but I haven?t seen any of that on Twitter

lefty96
11-29-2019, 09:19 AM
One thing that?s telling is normally Keenum has a video in the locker room with the trophy or pics with your coach and AD together but I haven?t seen any of that on Twitter

It seems to me that over the last couple of years, the efforts on video production are just down. . .wouldn't read too much into it.

bulldog20
11-29-2019, 09:21 AM
In the time I have been reading ED, it seems Ari Gold is right about as much as Shoop blitzes so here's to hoping

Dawgfan77
11-29-2019, 09:22 AM
Their were pictures of Keenum. Guys last night was about the team and players and the program to celebrate a victory. You don?t take away that from them the same day.

cheewgumm
11-29-2019, 09:25 AM
I predict he stays.

msstatelp1
11-29-2019, 09:27 AM
Yes sir as well as we have to think logistics. Tell me what better day to release news than the weekend after thanksgiving?? ESP with all the big game implications going on . Food for thought.
Again. We HAVE a ton of moving pieces here. I love Ari but he got some of y?all in an uproar saying he was going to announce his resignation after the win.
Coaches usually issue a statement and not a PC. Again. A lot of moving pieces

I've never seen that happen so I figured it would be very unusual for it to happen. If our new coach still has games left, then ride it out until his season is done. I didn't like what Mullen did to us and I don't want us to force another coach to do it to his current team. Also, I really had the feeling that when JoMo took that long pause to take a drink of water in the press conference that he was changing what he was about to say.

ETA: I don't think he was going to announce his resignation then changed his mind but I think he had a less emotional response planned then decided to hell with it.

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 09:56 AM
I've never seen that happen so I figured it would be very unusual for it to happen. If our new coach still has games left, then ride it out until his season is done. I didn't like what Mullen did to us and I don't want us to force another coach to do it to his current team. Also, I really had the feeling that when JoMo took that long pause to take a drink of water in the press conference that he was changing what he was about to say.

ETA: I don't think he was going to announce his resignation then changed his mind but I think he had a less emotional response planned then decided to hell with it.

His response either got him another year or definitely fired.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 10:01 AM
His response either got him another year or definitely fired.

And/or got him a new job

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 10:19 AM
And/or got him a new job

By all means let him leave. I hope we put wherever he goes on our schedule.