PDA

View Full Version : Update

towelliee
11-29-2019, 08:28 AM
I?m not an ED elite insider but my source is still very confident that Napier is the guy and that people are gonna enjoy moment and proceed with business on Sun/Mon

msstate7
11-29-2019, 08:29 AM
Don't play with me

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 08:35 AM
I?m not an ED elite insider but my source is still very confident that Napier is the guy and that people are gonna enjoy moment and proceed with business on Sun/Mon

Please, tell us more. We seem to be lacking confident insiders this morning

Bdawg
11-29-2019, 08:37 AM
Man I hope your right. Hate it for the man but watching the way we play is pretty painful

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 08:39 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. Moorhead will be the death of this football program. He's Charlie Weiss on Slim Fast.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 08:42 AM
I don't believe it. Our athletic dept doesn't have stones

towelliee
11-29-2019, 08:43 AM
The emotional win is clouding a lot of judgement right now but once it wears off you still have the terrible way we have looked for past 2 seasons. The higher ups are taking the emotion out of the equation but still realize people want to savior this moment over Ole Miss. He’s confident we proceed with Napier but we are MSU ��

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 08:45 AM
Seems like we're waiting. Let everyone enjoy the moment.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 08:46 AM
The emotional win is clouding a lot of judgement right now but once it wears off you still have the terrible way we have looked for past 2 seasons. The higher ups are taking the emotion out of the equation but still realize people want to savior this moment over Ole Miss. He’s confident we proceed with Napier but we are MSU ��

There's like 2-3 people on this board that want to keep Moorhead.

basedog
11-29-2019, 08:46 AM

Yes, funny reading and folks worrying when the AD want comment in public. "We shall see".

towelliee
11-29-2019, 08:56 AM
When I said a lot I was speaking in terms of the entire fan base not just ED. Some fans are happy as long as we beat Ole Piss... as for me I’d take a 13-1 National Championship even if it meant a loss to Ole Piss

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 08:58 AM
Something that stuck out to me in Joe's radio interview is he told Price that his mamma didn't raise a quitter. This could be one final push to keep his job. I hope the administration proceeds with the original plan. Joe is not the answer.

towelliee
11-29-2019, 07:36 PM
My source just told me that there’s a stalemate that has arisen... 9 Million Dollar buyout was originally initially agreed down to 4-5 now Joe wants 7-7.5 so.... :(

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2019, 07:38 PM
My source just told me that there’s a stalemate that has arisen... 9 Million Dollar buyout was originally initially agreed down to 4-5 now Joe wants 7-7.5 so.... :(

Give it to him and kick him the hell out. Bye. We will lose more than that in 2020 alone. We can make money back, it wont be so easy to get the program back

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 07:39 PM

Still don't believe it. If the cigar boys really wanted him gone, there would be no negotiating. Just pay the man what he wants to get him the hell out.

vv83
11-29-2019, 07:41 PM

What changed? Did he have something else that fell through?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-29-2019, 07:41 PM

That's fantastic if true. We 100% can come up with 3M extra with how passionate everyone is tto get rid of him + Leo Seal money that people talk about. Joe delayed the process as day or 2 but he's still gone if true.

Alo, why does any coach ever agree to less buyout? Why would he -especially if he's pissed off that he isn't getting a "fair shot"- agree to take 2M less than he is contractually obligated to? What's the coaches' incentive here?

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 07:43 PM
He is playing us and I figured that’s what the pc was all about. He made the money boys mad enough to pay it too I imagine. He is no idiot in things other than managing a football team

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 07:44 PM
Still don't believe it. If the cigar boys really wanted him gone, there would be no negotiating. Just pay the man what he wants to get him the hell out.

This is why I said I wasn't convinced we had the money to do this if it was close to his actual buyout number.

If he wanted 7 million and now that's hanging things up, we must not want him gone because everyone said money was no object. If it's no object and we want him gone, then pay the man. It's not that hard IF we truly are good for that much on the buyout.

A couple million dollars shouldn't holdup a plan like this unless it's making people have cold feet.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2019, 07:46 PM
That's fantastic if true. We 100% can come up with 3M extra with how passionate everyone is tto get rid of him + Leo Seal money that people talk about. Joe delayed the process as day or 2 but he's still gone if true.

Alo, why does any coach ever agree to less buyout? Why would he -especially if he's pissed off that he isn't getting a "fair shot"- agree to take 2M less than he is contractually obligated to? What's the coaches' incentive here?

A full buyout would mean not coaching anywhere for 3 years. If he doesn't want to retire then you take a negotiated buyout and it depends on if your salary lowers your buyout amount. Arkansas is suing Bert for taking $50,000 a year to be the Patriots DLine coach. That job should pay at least $500k.

Johnson85
11-29-2019, 07:52 PM

You agree to less buyout to get an immediate check and/or to not count any future earnings against the buyout.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 07:53 PM

I mean it’s a negotiation. Some people take a couple of days to buy a car. This is millions of dollars we’re talking about.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 07:56 PM

It helps them move on and possibly make more in the long run because a lot of times the buyout is contingent on them not coaching.

WeWonItAll(Most)
https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.441426620.2640/flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

Really Clark?
This is why I said I wasn't convinced we had the money to do this if it was close to his actual buyout number.

If he wanted 7 million and now that's hanging things up, we must not want him gone because everyone said money was no object. If it's no object and we want him gone, then pay the man. It's not that hard IF we truly are good for that much on the buyout.

A couple million dollars shouldn't holdup a plan like this unless it's making people have cold feet.

We have the money. Changing the deal is the issue

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 07:58 PM
It helps them move on and possibly make more in the long run because a lot of times the buyout is contingent on them not coaching.

Also, if the buyout drops significantly the next year, and they know they don't have the support of the AD, it makes sense to take a negotiated buyout that's more than next years buyout.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 07:58 PM

How big of an issue is that really? If you'll pay 4-5 million for a guy to leave you'll pay 7.

And I would be a hell of a lot more inclined to make it happen as fast as humanly possible if they were pissed about his post game press conference and took it personally.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 07:59 PM
I mean it’s a negotiation. Some people take a couple of days to buy a car. This is millions of dollars we’re talking about.

Yeah, this sort of thing is not a quick thing. Plus, it's Thanksgiving so lawyers, agents and other potential involved in setting up accounts and contracts are not readily available.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 07:59 PM

Can you take someone to court over that?

Bdawg
11-29-2019, 08:03 PM
Can you take someone to court over that?

I would imagine that would depend on if anything was signed

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 08:04 PM
How big of an issue is that really? If you'll pay 4-5 million for a guy to leave you'll pay 7.

And I would be a hell of a lot more inclined to make it happen as fast as humanly possible if they were pissed about his post game press conference and took it personally.

Just because you have the money, you continue to negotiate and don’t cave to a power play. If in the end the outcome is going to be the same, you continue to negotiate

HoopsDawg
11-29-2019, 08:09 PM
We are praying Rutgers comes in.

ShotgunDawg

Verbal agreements can be upheld in court

ShotgunDawg

Good lord.

It's amazing how we got here.

Coach34
11-29-2019, 08:10 PM

This is the correct answer

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 08:11 PM
Verbal agreements can be upheld in court

C'mon mane! Really?

Thick
11-29-2019, 08:12 PM
The point is Joe agreed to a certain amount for his buyout before the EB. We win, he acts like an idiot at the post game presser, and tells Cohen afterward that his buyout just went up. Screw the “offensive genius” and his terrible game management and play calling!

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 08:14 PM
The point is Joe agreed to a certain amount for his buyout before the EB. We win, he acts like an idiot at the post game presser, and tells Cohen afterward that his buyout just went up. Screw the ?offensive genius? and his terrible game management and play calling!

This. Joes being a peckerhead about this now. He needs to take his sorry Yankee behind somewhere else

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 08:15 PM
This is the correct answer

So we’re back to Rutgers being our last prayer? Or is that what we’re just hoping happens so that we don’t have to pay the full buyout? If Rutgers doesn’t save us, is that the end of it or will we still buy him out?

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 08:15 PM
The point is Joe agreed to a certain amount for his buyout before the EB. We win, he acts like an idiot at the post game presser, and tells Cohen afterward that his buyout just went up. Screw the “offensive genius” and his terrible game management and play calling!

He'll be fired then. Just a matter of time.

Anyone else noticing the trend that everything Cohen gets involved in becomes a cluster 17?

Not necessarily that it's all his fault, but it's a trend nonetheless

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2019, 08:16 PM
It would suck to work a job where the employer was willing to give you 4-5 mil to GTFO. Then if it falls through you have to work the next year with these people knowing everyone hates you and scrutinizes every single move. That should be motive for Joe to pack up shop.

Coach34
11-29-2019, 08:17 PM
We want Rutgers to save us a few million dollars. Thats what this is right now.

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 08:19 PM

Don?t think we will wait that long, if the second attempt to sign Schiano stalls past Sunday or fails.

TALL DAWG
11-29-2019, 08:20 PM

Mighty 💪 post for post #8.
Where u been hanging out for past 6 yrs?

AlSwearengen
11-29-2019, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I kinda thought that big egg bowl win went to his head and he was trying to use it as a bargaining chip after that presser. Dude isn’t exactly being a “people pleaser” these days.

And if it doesn’t damage us in any way, I would let it play out as long as possible and pray for Rutgers to swoop in.

parabrave
11-29-2019, 08:23 PM
My source just told me that there?s a stalemate that has arisen... 9 Million Dollar buyout was originally initially agreed down to 4-5 now Joe wants 7-7.5 so.... :(

So Is your source Cohen. Then if not your pissing in the wind.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 08:23 PM

We may just have to take the small perception hit if they don’t hurry up. I can’t imagine that we would wait much past the weekend.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 08:24 PM
C'mon mane! Really?

I seent it on Judge Judy!!!! ****

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I kinda thought that big egg bowl win went to his head and he was trying to use it as a bargaining chip after that presser. Dude isn’t exactly being a “people pleaser” these days.

And if it doesn’t damage us in any way, I would let it play out as long as possible and pray for Rutgers to swoop in.

I don’t know how he would have reacted had we lost but I bet it would have been similar.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 08:26 PM
I seent it on Judge Judy!!!! ****

LMAO .. that'll probably work.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 08:28 PM
It would suck to work a job where the employer was willing to give you 4-5 mil to GTFO. Then if it falls through you have to work the next year with these people knowing everyone hates you and scrutinizes every single move. That should be motive for Joe to pack up shop.

Yep ... what Joe did was calculated in my mind. I'm also betting he probably consulted a lawyer/agent before he did it.

KB21
11-29-2019, 08:29 PM
Part of the hang up on this is likely the fact that they will probably have to agree to pay Billy Napier’s buyout to get out of his contract as well, particularly since he just signed an extension through 2023 in early October.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 08:30 PM
If only Joe could manage an offense as well as he has managed his career and the perception of how good he really is. Those last 2 are running on their last legs now tho.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 08:34 PM

Well, in any case, hope everyone can really savor the win last night. Guess its going to cost us an extra 3 million dollars. I assume when Joe was willing to leave for 4 mil he was expecting to lose last night.

Rex54
11-29-2019, 08:37 PM

If SloMo has financial sense long term he’d take that.

“Look buddy you’re done here whether it’s now or 365 days from now. Nobody will want you again at this level after the destruction of a solid program you just managed. Take our lower buyout and get to play the victim, or go to Rutgers and salvage the HC salary for the next decade.”

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 08:37 PM
He'll be fired then. Just a matter of time.

Anyone else noticing the trend that everything Cohen gets involved in becomes a cluster 17?

Not necessarily that it's all his fault, but it's a trend nonetheless

How about at least staying in the general region next time when hiring a coach. I'm tired of dealing with the "Yankee ass" attitude. Just being honest, most Yankees do think they have significantly more intelligence than anyone from the South.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 08:42 PM
If SloMo has financial sense long term he’d take that.

“Look buddy you’re done here whether it’s now or 365 days from now. Nobody will want you again at this level after the destruction of a solid program you just managed. Take our lower buyout and get to play the victim, or go to Rutgers and salvage the HC salary for the next decade.”

No doubt

What Joe has to realize is that his career is still in tact.

On paper, he's gone 8-5 and 6-6. That's not bad.

Get out now

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 08:44 PM
How about at least staying in the general region next time when hiring a coach. I'm tired of dealing with the "Yankee ass" attitude. Just being honest, most Yankees do think they have significantly more intelligence than anyone from the South.

I just want them to win and couldn't care where they're from.

I think for guys with the wrong personality, SEC experience is pertinent. For guys with the right personality, it doesnt matter.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 08:47 PM

Might as well forget about Rutgers saving us and proceed without relying on that. Schiano is back to the table negotiating with them and sounds like a deal is imminent. So go ahead and pay his stubborn ass the buyout and send him packing.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 08:48 PM
This is coming down to what everything always comes down to: money. Joe agreed to an amount and then we beat a bad unm team and now he thinks he's valuable as Saban and says "I want more money to leave now". He showed us who he really is at the pc last night and in the crap he's pulling now. I've lost any respect I've ever had for the man

bigplayslay
11-29-2019, 08:50 PM
This is coming down to what everything always comes down to: money. Joe agreed to an amount and then we beat a bad unm team and now he thinks he's valuable as Saban and says "I want more money to leave now". He showed us who he really is at the pc last night and in the crap he's pulling now. I've lost any respect I've ever had for the man

I finally had a chance to sit down and watch it today and it rubbed me the wrong way. If he were as passionate at game planning as he was during that pc we wouldn’t be 6-6. He’s spewing confidence over beating a team that didn’t beat anyone this year. And when he acted like our defense last year wasn’t top 5 in the country... well that pissed me off.

Homedawg
11-29-2019, 08:52 PM
My source just told me that there?s a stalemate that has arisen... 9 Million Dollar buyout was originally initially agreed down to 4-5 now Joe wants 7-7.5 so.... :(

The buyout was never 9. Its 7+.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 08:52 PM
I finally had a chance to sit down and watch it today and it rubbed me the wrong way. If he were as passionate at game planning as he was during that pc we wouldn’t be 6-6. He’s spewing confidence over beating a team that didn’t beat anyone this year. And when he acted like our defense last year wasn’t top 5 in the country... well that pissed me off.

Well said.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 08:53 PM
The buyout was never 9. Its 7+.

This. The total buyout was around 7.5.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 08:58 PM

It?s just negotiating at this point. Obviously he wants the full buyout. One way or the other it will get worked out. We just need to be patient at this point. Because when it?s at this point it?s detrimental to all to keep things the same so he?s essentially gone.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 08:59 PM
This. The total buyout was around 7.5.

So, he wants his total buyout now?

DLGDawg
11-29-2019, 08:59 PM

Well said!!!!

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 09:01 PM
So, he wants his total buyout now?

I believe he's wanting around 6+
Now

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 09:02 PM
Now

Meet in the middle. I bet he ends up with something like 5.6 or 5.8.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 09:03 PM
Those who know stuff and are hear things on this situation (commerce, course,C34,homedawg, etc), where’s your confidence level this gets worked out? (Use % is you want to). Really hope this works out in our favor and he’s gone.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 09:04 PM
Now

Wow. Just pay this asshole and let him go back up north. We do not need this guy coaching here next year. That would be a very toxic situation.

OLJWales
11-29-2019, 09:06 PM
I was hoping we could part ways with me still having respect for him. Not so sure anymore.

CovertDawg
11-29-2019, 09:15 PM
I am sorry but if you think Joe agreed to anything before the Egg Bowl then you are delusional. There was no reason to ever hurry on this when you play on Thursday and conclude your regular season before everyone else. And as for not being able to get attorneys and agents over Thanksgiving....give me a freakin break. I have worked deals on Christmas day. If there is big money to be made then there are people to work.

I think the most likely scenario perhaps was feelers were put out to other parties as a contingency if we got blown out in the Egg Bowl. It did not happen so at least one more year of Joe we shall have.

basedog
11-29-2019, 09:17 PM
Wow. Just pay this asshole and let him go back up north. We do not need this guy coaching here next year. That would be a very toxic situation.

When u add everything up, it?s a whole lot more than Joe?s buyout.

?One call that?s all?

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 09:17 PM
I am sorry but if you think Joe agreed to anything before the Egg Bowl then you are delusional. There was no reason to ever hurry on this when you play on Thursday and conclude your regular season before everyone else. And as for not being able to get attorneys and agents over Thanksgiving....give me a freakin break. I have worked deals on Christmas day. If there is big money to be made then there are people to work.

I think the most likely scenario perhaps was feelers were put out to other parties as a contingency if we got blown out in the Egg Bowl. It did not happen so at least one more year of Joe we shall have.

Nah. They would've put a statement out by now if he was getting another year.

Homedawg
11-29-2019, 09:21 PM
If I were him I'd want my full buyout too.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 09:23 PM

Do you think this gets done or is joe our coach in 2020?

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 09:24 PM
I'm betting we get Moor of Joe in 2020 ... dammit.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 09:25 PM
Nah. They would've put a statement out by now if he was getting another year.

Yep. I think we are trying to renegotiate terms before capitulating to his demand. I think it should be obvious to everybody now that Joe has pissed off the wrong people. I don't think him staying is an option now.

Homedawg
11-29-2019, 09:25 PM
Those who know stuff and are hear things on this situation (commerce, course,C34,homedawg, etc), where?s your confidence level this gets worked out? (Use % is you want to). Really hope this works out in our favor and he?s gone.

I haven't spoken to a soul that I trust since the end of the game last night, so I'll say this based on what I knew prior to that, if he doesn't get another job he'll be back....

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 09:27 PM
I just want them to win and couldn't care where they're from.

I think for guys with the wrong personality, SEC experience is pertinent. For guys with the right personality, it doesnt matter.

Just reacting to Moorhead, but yes, if they can be successful I don't care where they are from, but i do think being from the South or at least having coached in the South (like Mullen) makes the culture thing a much easier transition. Just pisses me off that Moorhead dragged the comment in about where he is from. Really uncalled for because that should not have anything to do with anything.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 09:28 PM
Do you think this gets done or is joe our coach in 2020?

Coach of what? We let him coach one more year to save money is asinine. Does the admin really want this "**** you! I want my money!" version of Joe coaching next year? Might as well let a rattlesnake coach the team.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-29-2019, 09:30 PM

People paid 20 million to get rid of Taggert

Bdawg
11-29-2019, 09:31 PM
Well, in any case, hope everyone can really savor the win last night. Guess its going to cost us an extra 3 million dollars. I assume when Joe was willing to leave for 4 mil he was expecting to lose last night.

Hell the Piss and the Miss was worth another mil to me. Will never forget that as long as I live. Also, if you look at the big picture( ticket sales, lost revenue, etc.) 2 or 3 mil more doesn't sound so bad.

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 09:32 PM
Coach of what? We let him coach one more year to save money is asinine. Does the admin really want this "**** you! I want my money!" version of Joe coaching next year? Might as well let a rattlesnake coach the team.

Settle down Trap lol. I don’t want him as the coach next year anymore than you do. But I’m staying realistic as well. Sounds like there’s a realistic shot he’s back next year. I’m just refusing to get my hopes too high that he’s gone so that IF he is back next year then I’m not completely blind sided and shocked. But believe me, I want him gone too.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-29-2019, 09:32 PM
Now
Can we start a go fund me for this?

bigplayslay
11-29-2019, 09:34 PM
Can we start a go fund me for this?

It really would be interesting to see where the fan base stands haha.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 09:38 PM
Settle down Trap lol. I don’t want him as the coach next year anymore than you do. But I’m staying realistic as well. Sounds like there’s a realistic shot he’s back next year. I’m just refusing to get my hopes too high that he’s gone so that IF he is back next year then I’m not completely blind sided and shocked. But believe me, I want him gone too.

Sorry man, didn't mean to come off chippy. I really don't think Joe wants to come back. He's just trying to get everything he thinks he deserves. He's putting the squeeze on us.

civildawg
11-29-2019, 09:40 PM
Someone get the go fund me started. Seriously, I have the first $100

HailStateSZN19
11-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Sorry man, didn't mean to come off chippy. I really don't think Joe wants to come back. He's just trying to get everything he thinks he deserves. He's putting the squeeze on us.

I’m with ya buddy! I hope all this is right and it does just come down to negotiating the amount to pay him and get his ass out of here. We all want what’s best for the program! If it is true that he’s just trying to squeeze money out of us and that’s all, I lose all respect for him that I previously had left.

Coach34
11-29-2019, 09:42 PM
a gofundme would get the admins attention

WSOPdawg
11-29-2019, 09:43 PM

Agree with you Trap. Moorhead gained a little leverage last night that will allow him to squeeze a larger amount out of his buyout, but last night's presser burned too many bridges for him to stay on. We just gotta give it a little more time (hopefully by Sunday).

Saltydog
11-29-2019, 09:46 PM
He's an effing carpetbagger. Sooner we get rid of his ass the better.

Randolph Dupree
11-29-2019, 09:49 PM
At least one of the guys I know is ready to help write the check. It's going to come down to two or three more being willing (as I understand it). Joe should be on all of our hate lists though. Also, Cohen is losing points left and right.

Lotta folks pissed at the PC part night. That '85 Bears comment is wearing like sand in a jock strap.

ETA: 17JoMo

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 09:49 PM
Someone get the go fund me started. Seriously, I have the first $100

Seriously. We sold our double-wides and bass boats to pay for a trip to OMAHA....imagine what we'd do to get rid of a lame coach***

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 09:50 PM
What I love is how he made it cultural ... that was smart too. We hate him cause he's a yankee not because he a bad football coach. If we had hired Pruitt and got these results .. folks would've been all over his ass too.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 09:50 PM
Agree with you Trap. Moorhead gained a little leverage last night that will allow him to squeeze a larger amount out of his buyout, but last night's presser burned too many bridges for him to stay on. We just gotta give it a little more time (hopefully by Sunday).

Yeah, I think we all should calm down and let this play out the next day or two. Joe saw his opportunity to get more money and took it. We'll negotiate with him to try and get it a little lower than what he wants, but he'll get more nonetheless. And we're probably working some back channels trying to land him the Rutgers job.

towelliee
11-29-2019, 09:51 PM
Mighty 💪 post for post #8.
Where u been hanging out for past 6 yrs?

Mainly just a lurker. I?ve never really had any info until now. Plus I will be honest I was super hyped about Moorhead but now I?m tired of and embarrassed by the soft as charmin team we have now.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 09:52 PM
Seriously. We sold our double-wides and bass boats to pay for a trip to OMAHA....imagine what we'd do to get rid of a lame coach***

But we gotta state lottery now. Can't be throwing money away on a coach.***

Rex54
11-29-2019, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I think we all should calm down and let this play out the next day or two. Joe saw his opportunity to get more money and took it. We'll negotiate with him to try and get it a little lower than what he wants, but he'll get more nonetheless. And we're probably working some back channels trying to land him the Rutgers job.

Get him there and get a favorable home and home negotiation for the future

Churchill
11-29-2019, 09:55 PM
He's definitely a snake in the grass. I just hope this haunts his no-coaching ass for years to come.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 09:56 PM
At least one of the guys I know is ready to help write the check. It's going to come down to two or three more being willing (as I understand it). Joe should be on all of our hate lists though. Also, Cohen is losing points left and right.

Lotta folks pissed at the PC part night. That '85 Bears comment is wearing like sand in a jock strap.

ETA: 17JoMo

Where is Cohens position - is he sticking with joe or just mishandling the business

HoopsDawg
11-29-2019, 09:58 PM
Where is Cohens position - is he sticking with joe or just mishandling the business

Jon Cohen is in over his head if he can't this done. Now is the time to make the change. Not next year, now.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 09:58 PM
I haven't spoken to a soul that I trust since the end of the game last night, so I'll say this based on what I knew prior to that, if he doesn't get another job he'll be back....

I hope just this one time that you're wrong and he's gone.

chef dixon
11-29-2019, 10:04 PM

If he is not, this is going to be an incredibly toxic 365 days.

Rex54
11-29-2019, 10:07 PM
Does this drive Napier’s $$$ up as well?

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 10:08 PM

That's why I don't understand the presser. To spew that vile he did publicly was just moronic if there was even a 5% chance he would actually be back. You piss all over the fanbase and think that is a workable situation if you keep your job?

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 10:08 PM

Yep i can't even imagine how bad it will be if he stays.

KB21
11-29-2019, 10:10 PM
Does this drive Napier’s $$$ up as well?

If I were a betting man, I’d bet that this may very well drive Mississippi State off of Napier and onto a coach that doesn’t have a buyout.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2019, 10:11 PM

This is precisely why this thread is bullshit. It defies logic and common sense.

Commercecomet24
That's why I don't understand the presser. To spew that vile he did publicly was just moronic if there was even a 5% chance he would actually be back. You piss all over the fanbase and think that is a workable situation if you keep your job?

Yeah this is one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

runwildjerious

Don’t get me wrong, I want him gone ASAP. However, it would be fascinating to watch. Literally a case study on how not to be a successful AD at a major university.

Randolph Dupree
11-29-2019, 10:12 PM

Cohen has his faults but he is a competitor, so I think he sees the situation for what it is. His problem is the buyout and he, apparently, has done that to himself.

In full disclosure, I've been more tied into baseball up until this year. The football source I have is kind of a new relationship so in an effort not to be a total gold digger type I keep my questions on stuff more in the present. So, from what I gather, Cohen screwed himself in the extension by not setting the buyout strategically. I attribute that to him never having had an agent or being in an associate AD type spot and not having anyone to call upon or having previous experience to fall back on.

AlSwearengen
11-29-2019, 10:14 PM
Time to get the gofundme going.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 10:16 PM

He wants to go but on his terms. That was his chance at a final say before departing and also gaining leverage for a higher buyout. Joe may not know offense, but he no dummy.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 10:16 PM
Time to get the gofundme going.

Who knows how to start one

Randolph Dupree
11-29-2019, 10:17 PM

This is the reason I believe this gets done.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 10:23 PM
This is the reason I believe this gets done.

Me either. Better to take the perception hit and fire him than keep for a year and then fire him anyway.

confucius say
11-29-2019, 10:26 PM

Absolutely. I would take nothing less

Dogfight
11-29-2019, 10:27 PM
I don't believe it. Our athletic dept doesn't have stones

Huge disappointment. It has to be concerning to have THIS big of a divide in the fan base. Too big to ignore. If nothing was/is going to be done. Cohen needs to shut it down.

Walkerhill
11-29-2019, 10:28 PM
If I were a betting man, I’d bet that this may very well drive Mississippi State off of Napier and onto a coach that doesn’t have a buyout.

If it is not Napier I do not think we should move on a change. Maybe Clawson if his personality would fit or Norvell if his supposed baggage is mitigated or manageable.

I would rather roll the dice on SloMo with a new s&c and offensive coordinator than most of the other names.

I would rather go with SloMo and no staff changes than anything with Chizik.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Absolutely. I would take nothing less

Next year is not setting up to help him, regardless of him turning things around. His daughter is gonna she?s more tears I?m afraid and that would be worth something to me to help me negotiate

confucius say
11-29-2019, 10:37 PM

Then shame on us for not having the buyout details signed prior to the BFTGE.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2019, 10:37 PM
If it happens it will be Sunday.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 10:39 PM
If it happens it will be Sunday.

Jack ... you've been sneaking around reading other boards ***

deadheaddawg
11-29-2019, 10:42 PM
What I love is how he made it cultural ... that was smart too. We hate him cause he's a yankee not because he a bad football coach. If we had hired Pruitt and got these results .. folks would've been all over his ass too.

Except there are people in THIS thread that don't want to hire Yankee carpetbaggers.

You are right that it probably was a calculated and a PR play for him to say that. It is a very SMALL percentage of our fans that think that way.

But we do have them. And they are idiots for saying we should pass on a coach just because he is from some other places. But those idiot fans are making those statements...and as long as they are, it's an easy argument for moorhead to make.

I'll take a French Canadian coach as long as he wins

KB21
11-29-2019, 10:42 PM
If it is not Napier I do not think we should move on a change. Maybe Clawson if his personality would fit or Norvell if his supposed baggage is mitigated or manageable.

I would rather roll the dice on SloMo with a new s&c and offensive coordinator than most of the other names.

I would rather go with SloMo and no staff changes than anything with Chizik.

At this point, sticking with Joe is going to do nothing but create a toxic atmosphere inside the athletic department. That is, if it is true that John Cohen has lost confidence in him, and even then, there’s really no way this ends well.

Regardless of who you have lined up to take the job, if it is true that he was offered and agreed to a buyout and is now reneging on the deal, you simply cannot bring him back.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2019, 10:44 PM

No I using logic from previous years watching the coaches changes. If they already have a replacement they always wait until the regular season is over to announce.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 10:46 PM
At this point, sticking with Joe is going to do nothing but create a toxic atmosphere inside the athletic department. That is, if it is true that John Cohen has lost confidence in him, and even then, there’s really no way this ends well.

Regardless of who you have lined up to take the job, if it is true that he was offered and agreed to a buyout and is now reneging on the deal, you simply cannot bring him back.

And thus the negotiating power he has - especially if he is ok with taking a break from coaching. If I were Cohen I would give him the full buyout and thus not allowing him to coach the next three years. No way he sits out that long.

runwildjerious
11-29-2019, 10:50 PM

Since you mentioned other message boards, I checked out Ragin Pagin earlier today and they had a small thread about Napier potentially leaving (mentioning MSU). It has since been deleted.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 10:53 PM
Since you mentioned other message boards, I checked out Ragin Pagin earlier today and they had a small thread about Napier potentially leaving (mentioning MSU). It has since been deleted.

Dude ... you gotta quit running wild on us now ****

Homedawg
11-29-2019, 10:54 PM

Man me too me too.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 10:56 PM
And thus the negotiating power he has - especially if he is ok with taking a break from coaching. If I were Cohen I would give him the full buyout and thus not allowing him to coach the next three years. No way he sits out that long.

The way Joe is treating us I add a clause that the buyout goes down if he’s an analyst at another SEC school.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 10:56 PM

I just read it. I'm hoping this dude's right.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 10:57 PM
I just read it. I'm hoping this dude's right.

Shhhh

msstatelp1
11-30-2019, 12:24 AM
If we keep him under contract do we have to keep him as the head football coach? Can we make him head urinal washer or something like that? Just curious if we could use that as a negotiation tactic.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 12:26 AM
If we keep him under contract do we have to keep him as the head football coach? Can we make him head urinal washer or something like that? Just curious if we could use that as a negotiation tactic.

Good question.

In pro sports coaches are "reassigned" all the time.

yjnkdawg
11-30-2019, 01:01 AM

Just more ammunition for Shotgun to work on for another one of his infamous threads. However, if you are actually serious on your question, the answer is Yes on your first question and No on your second question. I highly doubt his lawyer would accept that even if it was legal under State Law. Which it isn't.

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 01:39 AM

It wouldn’t work because that’s an obvious demotion not to mention the problems it would cause. Especially when we fire most of his assistants.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 01:39 AM
Man me too me too.

Rep given.

HailStateSZN19
11-30-2019, 01:53 AM
Rep given.

Cooter is saying that it’s over and done with that Joe is coming back. He said take it to the bank and lock it. You heard that commerce? My confidence level is officially down to the lowest of levels possible and I don’t like it...

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 01:57 AM
Cooter is saying that it’s over and done with that Joe is coming back. He said take it to the bank and lock it. You heard that commerce? My confidence level is officially down to the lowest of levels possible and I don’t like it...

Not Commerce obviously but my two cents is the only way I can see Joe possibly coming back is if he has convinced some boosters that he’ll change some things up and wants to stay.

Otherwise it really doesn’t make any sense to me to keep him.

Actually at this point it still doesn’t make sense to keep him just based on Joe’s comments alone. This is pretty crazy to me to be honest.

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 10:45 AM
I'll take a French Canadian coach as long as he wins

We all would. What I don't want is someone to come in and coach us that is going to make the fact that he is from somewhere else an issue. That is what Moorhead did the other night with that inappropriate comment. What do you think a northern school would think if they had a Southern coach tell them "you'll have to drag my Dixie ass out of here"? Just an unacceptable comment in any case. This is all about job performance, not about someone's cultural heritage.