PDA

View Full Version : Now we wait...

msstate7
11-29-2019, 07:47 AM
Yesterday, all the in-the-know guys were saying it was a done deal that Moorhead was gone, but none of them have posted since then. Not gonna lie, I'm a little concerned by this. I do think Moorhead's speech is the kind you give when you think you might be headed out. At this point with no inside info, I put it squarely 50/50 he stays

hacker
11-29-2019, 08:02 AM
I think it's pretty telling none of them have posted. I highly doubt he's going to be openly fired after last night's press conference. Everybody was hoping he was gonna agree to the "mutual parting of ways" but he didn't.

I'm feeling more like 85/15 he stays at this point.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 08:08 AM
He'll be back

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 08:14 AM
I thought it was interesting that Cohen had ?no comment at this time? following the egg bowl pc (via Rick Cleveland article)

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 08:18 AM
If Moorhead uses a 1 point lucky as hell win over a 4-8 team to bully his way into staying one more year then both Keenum and Cohen need to be fired. Frankly, I think Joe thought they were going to lose last night but when they actually got lucky he decided to be a dick about it and force the administration's hand.

lefty96
11-29-2019, 08:25 AM
He's staying. No need to even ponder it.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 08:27 AM
If Moorhead uses a 1 point lucky as hell win over a 4-8 team to bully his way into staying one more year then both Keenum and Cohen need to be fired. Frankly, I think Joe thought they were going to lose last night but when they actually got lucky he decided to be a dick about it and force the administration's hand.

See I don't think Joe thought they would lose. But I do think the administration thought we would. Much more reasonable for his response if administration thought he would lose.

Most of our fan base went from hoping we would lose to thinking we would lose to not caring because Moorhead was 100% getting fired. But we are shocked Moorhead came out fiery and pissed post game.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 08:28 AM
He's staying. No need to even ponder it.

Then Elijah Moore pissed on his team and ours

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 08:36 AM
See I don't think Joe thought they would lose. But I do think the administration thought we would. Much more reasonable for his response if administration thought he would lose.

Most of our fan base went from hoping we would lose to thinking we would lose to not caring because Moorhead was 100% getting fired. But we are shocked Moorhead came out fiery and pissed post game.

No, Moorhead is shocked he won. That's why he's pissy. He "beat" our rival two years in a row. How dare we want him gone. I see now why Franklin didn't put a fight to keep him. If we keep him after this we deserve the embarrassment we will have next season. This moron was talking about beating Bama in his radio interview last night. Saban was using use for two minute drill practice before halftime. Joe is a buffoon one season away from totally ruining this football program.

shannondawg
11-29-2019, 09:42 AM
To be honest I really didn't know, but thought it pretty irresponsible of anyone in the ad dept leaking of a firing and even more the offering to a new coach. Just didn't make sense, as this game not only against the pissers, but also to make the team bowl eligible.

I been at this a long , long, long time, and have never experienced so many in the know with inside information.

Hell, he could be fired tomorrow, but I ain't believing all these insiders until it happens.

On another note, I truly believe I enjoy this piss, miss a lot more than if we hung 50 on em. Gonna watch it again.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 09:46 AM

99.9999% of our fan base wanted us to destroy ole miss last night. There were just a handful of internet posters that wanted otherwise.
Most of us certainly want a new coach though!!!

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 09:54 AM
99.9999% of our fan base wanted us to destroy ole miss last night. There were just a handful of internet posters that wanted otherwise.
Most of us certainly want a new coach though!!!

99.9999% wanted to destroy Ole Miss AFTER they thought Moorhead was gone regardless of the outcome. Big difference.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 10:15 AM
I truly think the "in-the-know" guys aren't posting because they were super confident in their sources so they don't know what to think after that presser. I would imagine they're like most of us and hoping that was just Joe's final hoorah trying to go off script when he knows he's gone....so they're probably waiting and hoping (like the rest of us), that news will break that Joe is gone. But Joe has definitely made it tougher on John now. This is why I pleaded that John should have fired him weeks ago, to take away the possibility of Joe making it tougher on him by beating up patsies like Ark, Abilene and Ole Miss. IMO John creates this mess by not acting sooner. I'm worried we're stuck with this ass clown now, which to me puts the target directly on Cohen now. Sorry John, you had one job and if you can't complete it, the target shifts from Joe to the one allowing him to stay.

Dawgology
11-29-2019, 10:17 AM
I think our “insiders” need a few weeks ban for being raging dumbasses and getting my hopes up.

Dawgology
11-29-2019, 10:19 AM
I truly think the "in-the-know" guys aren't posting because they were super confident in their sources so they don't know what to think after that presser. I would imagine they're like most of us and hoping that was just Joe's final hoorah trying to go off script when he knows he's gone....so they're probably waiting and hoping (like the rest of us), that news will break that Joe is gone. But Joe has definitely made it tougher on John now. This is why I pleaded that John should have fired him weeks ago, to take away the possibility of Joe making it tougher on him by beating up patsies like Ark, Abilene and Ole Miss. IMO John creates this mess by not acting sooner. I'm worried we're stuck with this ass clown now, which to me puts the target directly on Cohen now. Sorry John, you had one job and if you can't complete it, the target shifts from Joe to the one allowing him to stay.

Yup. Next season when we are right back here but at 5 wins and missing a bowl game all eyes need to turn to Cohen.

KOdawg1
11-29-2019, 10:21 AM
Yup. Next season when we are right back here but at 5 wins and missing a bowl game all eyes need to turn to Cohen.
Maybe Napier stays at ULL another year and we just hire him next year

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 10:30 AM

Screw "next year". Eyes should be on Cohen if next week Joe is still our coach.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 10:33 AM

Agree.

Regardless of if people think he "deserves" another year, I don't see how anyone could look at our team last night and think those guys are well coached.

Look no further than LSU keeping Les Miles and then firing him after the Auburn game the next year as an example of where this is headed if we keep him.

Gutter Cobreh
11-29-2019, 10:40 AM
Emotions are high. IF (big one) the pregame information was correct, that was the smart decision to move on before the game was played. That way, if you win, like we did you aren't making a decision off emotion.

Give it a few days. If he's still here by Monday, I would think he's safe. I doubt they do it a day after the game and his press conference cavalier language. By Sat. or Sunday, they can come out and say they've evaluated his performance over the entire year and think a change needs to be made.

OR, Moorhead was correct (which I highly doubt) and that no conversations have taken place.

Regardless, what an awesome ending last night. Screw the coaching situation for now, as I'm enjoying the win for our kids who you could tell took it up a level emotionally.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 10:44 AM
Emotions are high. IF (big one) the pregame information was correct, that was the smart decision to move on before the game was played. That way, if you win, like we did you aren't making a decision off emotion.

Give it a few days. If he's still here by Monday, I would think he's safe. I doubt they do it a day after the game and his press conference cavalier language. By Sat. or Sunday, they can come out and say they've evaluated his performance over the entire year and think a change needs to be made.

OR, Moorhead was correct (which I highly doubt) and that no conversations have taken place.

Regardless, what an awesome ending last night. Screw the coaching situation for now, as I'm enjoying the win for our kids who you could tell took it up a level emotionally.

Great post.

msudawg1200
11-29-2019, 10:45 AM
Said it yesterday, been saying it for weeks, and will say it again now, we ain’t firing a head coach who went 6-6, won the Egg, and made it to a bowl game. We’re just not going to do it. Period. He’s not resigning either. The only chance is he goes to Rutgers. That’s it.

Bothrops
11-29-2019, 10:47 AM
Said it yesterday, been saying it for weeks, and will say it again now, we ain’t firing a head coach who went 6-6, won the Egg, and made it to a bowl game. We’re just not going to do it. Period. He’s not resigning either. The only chance is he goes to Rutgers. That’s it.

This is accurate.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 10:48 AM

Then we deserve the shitty season we get next year. And Cohen better be fired right along with Joe.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 10:50 AM
Then we deserve the shitty season we get next year. And Cohen better be fired right along with Joe.

Ding .... Ding!! You got it.

msudawg1200
11-29-2019, 10:51 AM

Well, we might deserve it and get it, but Joe isn’t getting fired or resigning. You’d better hope Rutgers comes calling.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 10:57 AM
Well, we might deserve it and get it, but Joe isn’t getting fired or resigning. You’d better hope Rutgers comes calling.

We shouldn't have to rely on a bottom feeder Big10 team to "steal" our coach away. Joe talks down the history of this program and acts like we should be grovelling at his feet to be so lucky to have him. That alone should get him shown the door. Cohen's job security hinges on the next 48 hours.

Dawgtini
11-29-2019, 11:00 AM
Meh. If they have a sitting corch lined up, let him coach out his final game Saturday. Make the announcement Sunday or Monday. Let the teams enjoy their wins, then make the moves and get started on bowl prep and finishing recruiting.

msudawg1200
11-29-2019, 11:06 AM
We shouldn't have to rely on a bottom feeder Big10 team to "steal" our coach away. Joe talks down the history of this program and acts like we should be grovelling at his feet to be so lucky to have him. That alone should get him shown the door. Cohen's job security hinges on the next 48 hours.

I’m not saying I agree with any of it , but that’s what’s going to happen.

msstatelp1
11-29-2019, 11:07 AM
Even Croom didn't "resign" the day of the Egg Bowl.

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 11:08 AM
Did anyone else notice how Cohen and Keenum we?re thanking the seniors before the game and not JoMo? That seemed very odd.

NCDawg
11-29-2019, 12:13 PM

This is the correct answer. If his arrogance at the press conference didn't turn off what fans at State he has left, I don't know what will.

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2019, 01:07 PM
Yesterday, all the in-the-know guys were saying it was a done deal that Moorhead was gone, but none of them have posted since then. Not gonna lie, I'm a little concerned by this. I do think Moorhead's speech is the kind you give when you think you might be headed out. At this point with no inside info, I put it squarely 50/50 he stays

Let’s be clear, some of us said we weren’t firing him if we won.

Several, and I mean several “in the know” posters claimed the deal was done, not just probable, but done. Now all of a suddenly you?ve got people on roller skates going backwards.

What I think you are seeing is people passing off what they hear from maybe big money donors as fact as opposed to cigar boys wishing they were more in control than they actually are.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2019, 02:24 PM
I feel like this bump is necessary.