PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to the 5th Quarter show?

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 01:44 AM
Bart seemed to say pretty definitively Jughead is safe. 17 us, I hope he's just covering. If tonight caused us to back off our plans, it's the ultimate little brother move. We have no balls and major problems within our administration. One game should never change your evaluation of a program or coach. If you thought Jughead isn't capable of getting the job done at the level we want before tonight, the scoreboard tonight should have exactly zero effect on that evaluation.

I'm thrilled we won. And it couldn't have happened in a better way. Northern Miss exposed themselves to the nation as the trashy assclowns they are and literally pissed away a win. It's hilarious and hurts them in the best way possible: perception. But if we don't drag Jughead's Yankee ass out of town kicking and screaming, we really do only care about beating Northern Miss and 1-11 with the 1 being Northern Miss is good enough. And that's not acceptable to me.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 02:35 AM
I doubt tonight changed any plans. We are probably going to do what we were going to do anyway. It remains to be seen what that is. I believed the "insiders" here today. In hindsight if all that turns out to be BS the thing that should have been a red flag is the buyout thing. It is already quite obvious that that was total BS. It still may happen, but it most certainly was NOT a done deal.

deadheaddawg
11-29-2019, 02:50 AM
The thing is we don't know if there were plans to back off from. Not a single person here knows anything about what plans were in place. It's pure speculation by attention seekers

I feel like Cohen is smart enough to know that one game shouldn't decide this. I feel like Cohen probably knew what he wanted to do before the game.

We are all in the same boat right now. Wait and see. Hopefully he makes a change

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 03:25 AM
The thing is we don't know if there were plans to back off from. Not a single person here knows anything about what plans were in place. It's pure speculation by attention seekers

I feel like Cohen is smart enough to know that one game shouldn't decide this. I feel like Cohen probably knew what he wanted to do before the game.

We are all in the same boat right now. Wait and see. Hopefully he makes a change

Imagine that. Fans not actually knowing the plans. This whole issue isn?t about Joe or Cohens plans. It is all about fans thinking they knew them. I did too. And I am pretty sure there was a contingency in case of a loss or at least one like 2008. Maybe there still is. But it was/is nowhere nearly set in stone as many professed pregame.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 03:36 AM

This isn’t really Cohen’s decision.

AROB44
11-29-2019, 08:50 AM
This isn?t really Cohen?s decision.

Another "in the know" fact?

confucius say
11-29-2019, 08:52 AM
This isn’t really Cohen’s decision.

Then his job is not on the line with this hire (if there even is a new hire).

It cant be not his decision and have job losing implications for him

cheewgumm
11-29-2019, 08:54 AM
Sometimes when you win,you lose.

basedog
11-29-2019, 08:56 AM
The 5th quarter guys will always support the athletic department, they don't get paid like some on message boards to bash coaches. They were correct when discussing so called fans not wanting to win a game.

It's suppose to be a feel good radio show. I had no problem listening to them heading home last night. Me, I enjoyed the way the game ended, I don't or didn't care how we win. That's the ex Coach in me.

We shall see what happens in the next 48 hours. Why be mad when no official word has been mad, childless behavior to me.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2019, 08:57 AM
When Matt first got to the show one of the first things he said was and I am paraphrasing was, We don't know what the future holds and we don't know what bowl game we are going to. You can read into it like you want. At the end of the show the other two guys sounded like Moorehead was coming back but it also sounded like they were not in the know.

What was more telling what everything Moorhead said and it sure sounded like he was coming back. So who know. Maybe he was doing what he was asked to do.

Dawgtini
11-29-2019, 09:16 AM
When Matt first got to the show one of the first things he said was and I am paraphrasing was, We don't know what the future holds and we don't know what bowl game we are going to. You can read into it like you want. At the end of the show the other two guys sounded like Moorehead was coming back but it also sounded like they were not in the know.

What was more telling what everything Moorhead said and it sure sounded like he was coming back. So who know. Maybe he was doing what he was asked to do.
JoMo sounded like he was pissed people would want him gone. Which tells me he knew he was/is gone and wanted to have his ?f you? moment. What happens in the next few days? I got no idea but it?s gonna be fun to watch.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 09:17 AM
JoMo sounded like he was pissed people would want him gone. Which tells me he knew he was/is gone and wanted to have his ?f you? moment. What happens in the next few days? I got no idea but it?s gonna be fun to watch.

I agree.

shoeless joe
11-29-2019, 09:22 AM
I agree.

I hope

TALL DAWG
11-29-2019, 09:43 AM
I hope

Earth to Coach 34....Earth to Coach 34....come in please...

calidawg
11-29-2019, 10:07 AM
Dude you want to talk about perception. Firing an MSU coach for going 6-6 and beating OM is terrible perception to future coaches. News flash we didnt go 1-11 and beat OM we went 6-6 and beat OM.

Dawgology
11-29-2019, 10:13 AM
Dude you want to talk about perception. Firing an MSU coach for going 6-6 and beating OM is terrible perception to future coaches. News flash we didnt go 1-11 and beat OM we went 6-6 and beat OM.

You’re absolutely right. How could pro’ Mittitippi Tate ever expect more than 6-6 with an Egg Bowl win. I mean...8 wins last season was the best ever and Tennessee and Kansas this year were basically Super Bowl champs. We need to know our place right?

MrKotter
11-29-2019, 10:14 AM

You keep basing keeping a coach on one game. That is flat out stupid. How anyone can look at his entire body of work while here and still believe he earned year three is mind boggling

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 10:15 AM

With an 8-4 team.
And we went 8-4 last year with a 10-2 team. That’s what other coaches see. That’s terrible mentality you have.

calidawg
11-29-2019, 10:18 AM
With an 8-4 team.
And we went 8-4 last year with a 10-2 team. That’s what other coaches see. That’s terrible mentality you have.

No they dont you are wrong. Prospective coaches look at the downside and when they see that we fire coaches for going 6-6 and beating OM at mississippi state that worries them

calidawg
11-29-2019, 10:18 AM
You keep basing keeping a coach on one game. That is flat out stupid. How anyone can look at his entire body of work while here and still believe he earned year three is mind boggling

Joe has room to improve and he has now earned that right to improve

bulldog20
11-29-2019, 10:19 AM

Perception be damned. We beat a crap Ole Miss team in spite of him. The defense kept us in it all night and offense couldn't capitalize. One glaring example of his ineptness on offense was on the last drive, where it was clear as day they would be blitzing by shifting the safety over the hashes and we did exactly what they wanted us to do even after the check with me crap.

Making bowl games now is not a measure of success honestly. If we have this idea that we can't fire a coach after beating them and playing in 2 crap bowls is some sort of achievement then we are going to slip back to Croom days. If he doesn't have the best defense in the country to keep him in every game then we go 6-6 or worse last year. His offense was supposed to be the saving grace for us and yet its the defense 2 years in a row that have won games. If you think people are being unreasonable with their anger, then you can as Joe Moorhead says "go kick rocks"

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 10:21 AM

He hasn't earned a damn thing. What a loser's mentality you have. It because of fans like you, losing has so long been accepted at MSU.

Go pound sand

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-29-2019, 10:24 AM

So that?s what kind of coach we?ll ever have then. One who knows we?ll all be happy with 6-6 and beating a 4-8 team in the final seconds. I was hoping we had raised our standards.

bluelightstar
11-29-2019, 10:25 AM
We either fire him now or fire him last year. We saw the same offensive issues we’ve had for 2 years. If you let one win decide whether you keep a coach, you end up having to pull an LSU and fire Les Miles four games into the next season. And that time, the AD goes with him.

Look, once Joe loses a mid-tier bowl game to a mediocre BIG 10 school, we are going to be right back to how people felt about him after the Alabama game. Keeping him because we beat an awful Ole Miss team by 1 point at home (after getting outgained and being +2 in turnovers) would be the height of idiocy.

calidawg
11-29-2019, 10:26 AM
He hasn't earned a damn thing. What a loser's mentality you have. It because of fans like you, losing has so long been accepted at MSU.

Go pound sand

He hasn't earned a damn thing? He won 6 games in a rebuild year and is 2-0 against our in state rival. He has earned the opportunity to improve on his deficiencies with another year

MrKotter
11-29-2019, 10:29 AM
I know this is poor arguing but, you?re an idiot

KB21
11-29-2019, 10:31 AM
He hasn't earned a damn thing? He won 6 games in a rebuild year and is 2-0 against our in state rival. He has earned the opportunity to improve on his deficiencies with another year

Yeah. Let’s just continue the downward spiral of the football program and continue on with this undisciplined, unprepared mess that can only win games where we clearly have a superior talent level.

bulldog20
11-29-2019, 10:32 AM

What is he rebuilding on offense? He has his 2 guys and can't score on defenses with a pulse. The defense lost NFL guys left and right and with all the suspensions have done better considering the circumstances then his offense. He returned damn near everyone plus got his guy and still can't do anything.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 10:35 AM

He isn't doing that, you are. We went 6-6, and he pointed that out.

ShotgunDawg

This is complete bullshit. He's an awful coach and anyone with eyes and simple understanding of football can see that.

You're bar for someone earning something is obviously much lower than mine.

Liverpooldawg
What is he rebuilding on offense? He has his 2 guys and can't score on defenses with a pulse. The defense lost NFL guys left and right and with all the suspensions have done better considering the circumstances then his offense. He returned damn near everyone plus got his guy and still can't do anything.

Think he has the receivers he wants?

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 10:37 AM

No and I don't believe he or anyone else can recruit those types of WRs at MSU

If we're waiting on him to get the WRs he wants, then we'll all die with him as our coach.

calidawg
11-29-2019, 10:38 AM
This is complete bullshit. He's an awful coach and anyone with eyes and simple understanding of football can see that.

You're bar for someone earning something is obviously much lower than mine.

Year 2: Dabo Swinney 6-6 with a loss to their instate rival

You think they're glad they gave him an opportunity to improve?

bluelightstar
11-29-2019, 10:39 AM

So am I to understand that we can’t judge his offense until he has recruited the perfect player he wants at every position? A coach that has to his perfect guy at every position to do a good job is quite frankly a bad coach.

KB21
11-29-2019, 10:39 AM

Clemson also overachieved to win 6 games that season, and you could tell that they were a well coached team.

Mississippi State is not a well coached team. At all.

Dabo didn’t inherit what Joe inherited either. Joe inherited a team that should have challenged for a playoff spot last year. Instead of challenging for a playoff spot, he underachieved to an 8-5 record. This year’s team should have been an 8 win team at worst, and he underachieved to go 6-6. If next year’s team is a 6 win team on paper, then anticipate that Joe will win 4 games at most.

bulldog20
11-29-2019, 10:41 AM

Again it gets pointed to something that in the grand scheme of things don't really affect it that much. He may not have the best receivers, but a good coach can do more. The defense has dealt with all the suspensions and lost a starting corner, safety & a defensive end who has played a alot. If we got in a shootout most people would be ok with it, but the fact the defense literally kept us in it all night is what is sad. We do nothing on offense to exploit a team's weakness. We forced 3 turnovers and still only scored 21 points against a bad defense.

We have a veteran offensive line, tight end, running back & even receivers honestly so you telling me that another coach couldn't do any better?

Spiderman
11-29-2019, 10:43 AM

He better recruit some 5 star O-Linemaen if he wants to continue his 5 and 7 drop, 4 read passing concept. WR's don't matter when you need 5 seconds to "go thru your reads".

Almost every legal pass OM threw last night ( their RPOs were all illegalwith linemen down field) were 3 step, catch and throw passes. They know their line couldn't protect so that was smart.

Joevester, like his name sake, designs passes like we have the Patriots OL

Spiderman
11-29-2019, 10:44 AM
So am I to understand that we can?t judge his offense until he has recruited the perfect player he wants at every position? A coach that has to his perfect guy at every position to do a good job is quite frankly a bad coach.

YEP

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 10:44 AM
The 5th quarter guys will always support the athletic department, they don't get paid like some on message boards to bash coaches. They were correct when discussing so called fans not wanting to win a game.

It's suppose to be a feel good radio show. I had no problem listening to them heading home last night. Me, I enjoyed the way the game ended, I don't or didn't care how we win. That's the ex Coach in me.

We shall see what happens in the next 48 hours. Why be mad when no official word has been mad, childless behavior to me.

And I fully acknowledge that. We're just going to have to wait and see now. Personally, I enjoyed most of the show. Just wanted to point out that we can't base our evaluation on the outcome of one game. Like I said, I think the way we won was perfect. It hurts Northern Miss in the area they care about most: Perception. Everyone is laughing at them today and rightfully so.

I keep saying it, but if this game is "toxic" then it's because Northern Miss has made it that way. We could all run down the laundry list of reasons. The Piss last night was the perfect encapsulation of their behavior. Even with no discipline Jughead you don't see our players acting like that. You don't see that behavior in other rivalry games throughout the country. They're trashy assclowns and everyone is seeing it.

calidawg
11-29-2019, 10:52 AM
Clemson also overachieved to win 6 games that season, and you could tell that they were a well coached team.

Mississippi State is not a well coached team. At all.

Dabo didn’t inherit what Joe inherited either. Joe inherited a team that should have challenged for a playoff spot last year. Instead of challenging for a playoff spot, he underachieved to an 8-5 record. This year’s team should have been an 8 win team at worst, and he underachieved to go 6-6. If next year’s team is a 6 win team on paper, then anticipate that Joe will win 4 games at most.

Clemson had a better defense and a worse offense than we do this year

Really Clark?
11-29-2019, 10:52 AM

You think they're glad they gave him an opportunity to improve?

You forget how he got the job. Bowden was 3-3 and fired midseason after going 9-4 the year before. Dabo has to make changes after his 6-6 year, he was close to being fired. Not a good example.

Willie Taggert fired mid season of his second year, now bowl eligible.

basedog
11-29-2019, 10:57 AM

Go pound sand

From someone that hoped we would lose, LMBO, so what kind of fan are you who doesn't support Msu? More like you Shotgun, I think not.

Things may be iffy right now, can't you wait and see what happens. I'm not for Joe coming back but if he does I will still be True Maroon. Come on mane!