PDA

View Full Version : Things are About to Get Nasty...

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 12:51 AM
I was mocked for my sarcastic thread about cheering for OM last week, and truthfully I'm thrilled we won.

However, there is a price to pay for that win and it's about to happen.

From the looks of it, things are about to get messy and nasty.

It's clear we have a terrible head coach, but him winning 2 Egg Bowls and 2 straight bowl games is always going to get some MSU fans, usually older ones, on his side.

My questions is this: Do you think it is best for the long term of the program to have a passing coach that can't pass or to hire a running coach that plays Mississippi State style football?

Think with your brain and not your heart when answering this.

What do you truly believe is in the best interest of Mississippi State winning more football games?

deadheaddawg
11-29-2019, 12:53 AM
I've wanted him to succeed. I've given him a long Leash, but it clearly isn't going to work. I'm ready for a change.

Still glad we won. I can't stand ole miss and it makes me physically ill to watch them celebrate.

Hail State

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 12:59 AM
They just lost to us in a way that has made them a total laughing stock. They are all about what people think about them. This one was a blow to the very soul of what they are. I'm going to enjoy it unreservedly. Whatever happens with the coach will happen. I'm good either way for now. My opinion on that wasn't changed tonight.

Quaoarsking
11-29-2019, 01:05 AM
Beating a 4-8 team at home by 1 point shouldn't flip anyone from wanting him gone to wanting him to stay.

I would think everyone, even people who want him to get a third year, would agree with that.

DogsofAnarchy
11-29-2019, 01:06 AM
We didn’t win that game....Ole Mist pissed it away. Joe Moorhead made some awful calls in that game and the team still looked undisciplined and weak. Worst thing that could happen to us is to keep this moron. We went 2 games backwards this year and will probably go 2 games more backwards next year with him.

calidawg
11-29-2019, 01:07 AM
I hope you were mocked. I'm so glad we won so people like you are exposed. Let a coach learn. Everyone thinks everyone else is the answer. My goodness. When he has a losing season fine! But going bowling and beating OM come on back

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:10 AM
I was mocked for my sarcastic thread about cheering for OM last week, and truthfully I'm thrilled we won.

It's clear we have a terrible head coach, but him winning 2 Egg Bowls and 2 straight bowl games is always going to get some MSU fans, usually older ones, on his side.

My questions is this: Do you think it is best for the long term of the program to have a passing coach that can't pass or to hire a running coach that plays Mississippi State style football?

What do you truly believe is in the best interest of Mississippi State winning more football games?

Whether the coach is a passing coach or a running coach doesn’t matter. At some point, you are going to have to pass the ball to win at the level we want to win at in this league. That’s not going to happen if we continue to convince ourselves that we are not a passing school.

Joe Moorhead isn’t a good coach at all. It has nothing to do with his desire to throw the football. It has everything to do with the fact that he doesn’t run a disciplined program, lacks attention to detail, and is on the short side when it comes to game prep.

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 01:10 AM
I hope you were mocked. I'm so glad we won so people like you are exposed. Let a coach learn. Everyone thinks everyone else is the answer. My goodness. When he has a losing season fine! But going bowling and beating OM come on back

This is trolling right?

calidawg
11-29-2019, 01:14 AM
No, I've just bit my tongue for a while and actually letting the season play out. I speak for a silent majority and not the message board minority

hacker
11-29-2019, 01:16 AM
Have any of the "insiders" even bothered to post since the game / press conference?

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:16 AM
This is trolling right?

Not everyone goes with the group think here. But I suspect you might be right. This place set itself up for it though.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 01:27 AM
No, I've just bit my tongue for a while and actually letting the season play out. I speak for a silent majority and not the message board minority

Silent majority my ass.

My guess is that 75%+ MSU fans want him gone.

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 01:31 AM
What about this game changed peoples? minds about keeping JoMo?

parabrave
11-29-2019, 01:36 AM
Silent majority my ass.

More than that and 007 you can go back to Genes. We barely beat a real crappy team tonight. Our Yankee ass Coach still doesn't know that when you have a bayonet stuck in someone you give it a good twist to ensure the stickee can't get one in your back when you're not looking. At least twice tonight we are ramming it down their throat about to give them a coup-de-grace and he gets too smart and throw the ball. The IS still doesn't know how to defeat someone. Thank God he didn't have 2 weeks to prepare otherwise we might have gotten blown out.

DogsofAnarchy
11-29-2019, 01:37 AM

You arrogant prick. How do you know you speak for a majority? I’m not claiming to know everything but if your satisfied with the coaching of Joe Moorhead bring him home and let him jump your wife. I’m sure she needs it.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:44 AM
Have any of the "insiders" even bothered to post since the game / press conference?

no

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:45 AM
You arrogant prick. How do you know you speak for a majority? I’m not claiming to know everything but if your satisfied with the coaching of Joe Moorhead bring him home and let him jump your wife. I’m sure she needs it.

Y'all claim the same thing.

Mobile Bay
11-29-2019, 01:49 AM
Shotgun the very best thing for the future of MSU football and all other sports is for you to never post again.

TheLostDawg
11-29-2019, 02:19 AM
I think that he needs to hire a top QB coach if he stays.
I think that if he does stay and we stay on the same track this year will be our last egg bowl win for a while. We can get ahead of this or let it ride and see if big changes are made on staff so we can actually have an offense again. I'd rather him go but I'm okay with another year only if we bring in a Top qb coach and Moorhead actually let's the guy coach. We also have a lot of other positions that need to have changed on the coaching staff as well. No matter what happens, there just be a big change or that young ole Miss team will continue to get better while we come out flat every game and try to pick little things out each week to get better with instead of looking at the big picture and make leaps of improvement. No reason our offense has not improved all year. I see new plays and see Moorhead trying but the player development in every aspect it seems just hasn't been there since his arrival. The SEC isn't a place where you can win with raw talent, especially at Mississippi State. I see the potential in his play calls from time to time but they'll never work unless he develops all 11 guys on that field and they all know what to do and give it 100%. I haven't seen it yet and I don't think he has the staff to get us there. Not a hit on all the staff but this season showed us what hiring friends gets you. I think that it's going to set us back a year in development unfortunately

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 02:22 AM
Whether the coach is a passing coach or a running coach doesn’t matter. At some point, you are going to have to pass the ball to win at the level we want to win at in this league. That’s not going to happen if we continue to convince ourselves that we are not a passing school.

Joe Moorhead isn’t a good coach at all. It has nothing to do with his desire to throw the football. It has everything to do with the fact that he doesn’t run a disciplined program, lacks attention to detail, and is on the short side when it comes to game prep.

To your point people need to look at how many times we ran the ball versus passed it. Well over 100 more rushing attempts unless I’m mistaken.

TheLostDawg
11-29-2019, 02:24 AM
If we do get a new coach, same goes for him. The interview hopefully consisted of who you would have on your staff if hired. We can't afford another year of going through the motions. We need coaches that have attention to detail, committed and discipline. Players that are held to those standards become leaders and hold their team mates accountable.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 02:28 AM

Diaper rash will do wonders for that chapped rear end.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 08:25 AM
I think that he needs to hire a top QB coach if he stays.
I think that if he does stay and we stay on the same track this year will be our last egg bowl win for a while. We can get ahead of this or let it ride and see if big changes are made on staff so we can actually have an offense again. I'd rather him go but I'm okay with another year only if we bring in a Top qb coach and Moorhead actually let's the guy coach. We also have a lot of other positions that need to have changed on the coaching staff as well. No matter what happens, there just be a big change or that young ole Miss team will continue to get better while we come out flat every game and try to pick little things out each week to get better with instead of looking at the big picture and make leaps of improvement. No reason our offense has not improved all year. I see new plays and see Moorhead trying but the player development in every aspect it seems just hasn't been there since his arrival. The SEC isn't a place where you can win with raw talent, especially at Mississippi State. I see the potential in his play calls from time to time but they'll never work unless he develops all 11 guys on that field and they all know what to do and give it 100%. I haven't seen it yet and I don't think he has the staff to get us there. Not a hit on all the staff but this season showed us what hiring friends gets you. I think that it's going to set us back a year in development unfortunately

Good luck hiring a top tier QB coach with a lame duck staff

Not happening.

oldjoedawg
11-29-2019, 08:34 AM

This in spades! Those on this board, who are so sure they know what is the best/right thing to do about our coach, have no idea of how insignificant their opinion is to those in positions of leadership.....and no idea of how many of us laugh at your sense of self-importance....you all are in a minority for sure!

Thick
11-29-2019, 08:36 AM
I for one thought OM would beat us by 10 or more. Great job by Shoop except for the 4 and 24 conversion. Should have played it like it 3rd and 10. I personally don’t think beating your 4-7 in-state rival should get you another year. He’s proven that he cannot coach in this league. He’s proven that his vertical pass philosophy doesn’t work vs SEC defenses, and he’s proven that he SOFTENS a team more then makes them disciplined and physical. He did a very poor job of playcalling last night. We should have beat them by 14. What’s the big deal about firing him now or next year? Just fire his ass, bc next year Luke will get fired and we will be competing for a HC.

Thick
11-29-2019, 08:36 AM
I for one thought OM would beat us by 10 or more. Great job by Shoop except for the 4 and 24 conversion. Should have played it like it 3rd and 10. I personally don?t think beating your 4-7 in-state rival should get you another year. He?s proven that he cannot coach in this league. He?s proven that his vertical pass philosophy doesn?t work vs SEC defenses, and he?s proven that he SOFTENS a team more then makes them disciplined and physical. He did a very poor job of playcalling last night. We should have beat them by 14. What?s the big deal about firing him now or next year? Just fire his ass, bc next year Luke will get fired and we will be competing for a HC.

timotheus
11-29-2019, 08:47 AM
This in spades! Those on this board, who are so sure they know what is the best/right thing to do about our coach, have no idea of how insignificant their opinion is to those in positions of leadership.....and no idea of how many of us laugh at your sense of self-importance....you all are in a minority for sure!

Neither of the 2 teams is coached well at all and both have better talent than the record indicates. That being said, it's either time to crap or get off the pot because the folks who want change at MSU are not financial minions at all. If nothing is done now, both of these schools will be searching for a new HC in 12 months. KT is healed, he caught a pass. Who noticed?.......

Jack Lambert
11-29-2019, 09:00 AM
We didn?t win that game....Ole Mist pissed it away. Joe Moorhead made some awful calls in that game and the team still looked undisciplined and weak. Worst thing that could happen to us is to keep this moron. We went 2 games backwards this year and will probably go 2 games more backwards next year with him.

I was there and it is sometimes hard to see everything but first we gave them the opportunity to get the ball back with a stupid pass play on third and three. Then once they got the ball the Refs sure were doing everything thy could to get the game into over time.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2019, 09:14 AM
I will say again, if you pull against State, you’re a worthless sack of shit and should be banned.

BiscuitEater
11-29-2019, 09:41 AM

MSU fans, usually older ones, on his side.

Don't even think about blaming 'older' fans for the shit show that's happening. Own it .. it's yours!

MabenMaroon
11-29-2019, 09:43 AM
Silent majority my ass.

You are wrong, plain and simple.

MabenMaroon
11-29-2019, 09:43 AM
Agreed

Behrdawg
11-29-2019, 09:47 AM

Yank a knot in Cohens neck for this shitty hire. This is all on him. He hired a guy that was never a fit here. I think ultimately the blame should be placed on Cohen.

Quaoarsking

Based on what? You have to show some evidence for a claim like that.

ShotgunDawg

No I'm not.

Another thing, the message board community is generally the most knowledgeable of MSU fans.

Why people think the opinions of non message board people (outside of big donors) matters more is ridiculous.

That being said, the MSU fan base divided into 2 camps:

1. Those that think Moorhead stinks and needs to be fired.
2. Those that believe be deserves another year.

If you notice, there is no 3rd camp of people that actually believe he's the right guy for the job and I find that interesting

MarketingBully
11-29-2019, 09:50 AM
I will say again, if you pull against State, you?re a worthless sack of shit and should be banned.

I think idiots who brag about betting against us should be banned as well. That?s some dumb shit right there.

hacker
11-29-2019, 09:51 AM
No I'm not.

Another thing, the message board community is generally the most knowledgeable of MSU fans.

It's also an echo chamber. A really bad echo chamber.

MarketingBully
11-29-2019, 09:55 AM

Yep. And I blame him for looking only at coordinators when a great G5 coach was out there and he didn’t have the balls to expand his search beyond coordinators. Dumb as hell.

Bothrops
11-29-2019, 09:56 AM
I will say again, if you pull against State, you’re a worthless sack of shit and should be banned.

This...and some of them are in this thread.

cheewgumm
11-29-2019, 09:57 AM
Our fans are happy with 6 wins and an Ole Miss victory. Just accept what we are.

You?ll drive yourself bat crazy trying to convince them otherwise. It?s pointless.

calidawg
11-29-2019, 09:58 AM
No I'm not.

Why people think the opinions of non message board people (outside of big donors) matters more is ridiculous.

This is the most laughable message board post I've ever seen. All you do is come on here every day and make a bunch of NOISE and you think you are smarter than everyone else out there. Delusional

MrKotter
11-29-2019, 10:01 AM

^^this mentality ^^ is what needs changing. Too many of our fans refuse to think rationally and prefer to base their decisions on emotion which is not good in the least. Offensively, Moorhead has two years of his work on display. Collectively, it is not good. The improvements are not there. Both parties need to part ways for either side to have a chance for success

state66
11-29-2019, 10:10 AM
Imagine letting a win over a 4-7 team sway your decision to keep Moorhead.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 10:12 AM
This is the most laughable message board post I've ever seen. All you do is come on here every day and make a bunch of NOISE and you think you are smarter than everyone else out there. Delusional

Well you being on a message board does support your argument

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 10:12 AM

You've made numerous assumptions about me that have led you down a poor path

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 10:14 AM
It's also an echo chamber. A really bad echo chamber.

I agree with this. It certainly can be an echo chamber. For both sides

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 10:28 AM
W

Where is your evidence?

JohnHenryBonham
11-29-2019, 10:42 AM
Silent majority my ass.

75% of message board fans which is a small % if our fan base. Maybe one day you will realize how relevant message board fans really are....yes that is just an opinion just like all others here. Now someone tell me about the agreed buyout. Lol y?all keep listening to a perennial assistant high school coach for your insights lol.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2019, 11:00 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sonof34
11-29-2019, 12:34 PM

I think it would be best if you fired yourself from being a fan of this university?s athletics. Might I suggest the university of Memphis or maybe even Alcorn State