PDA

View Full Version : Our last offensive play and the 4th and 24

Irondawg
11-29-2019, 12:32 AM
Took years off my life.

Our biggest offensive play of the season and I?ve watched it 3 times and still don?t know what we were attempting to do.

Then the coverage on the 4th and 24 is still pretty baffling. I know we had just sacked him with a 3 man rush but I really prefer rushing 5 in those situations to take time away from the qb.

Had we lost those two plays would have pretty much summed up our season.

Luckily OM last play summed up who they are as well and it?s worse than our issues.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 12:35 AM
What's shocking is how you can have 8 men in coverage and allow a guy just to run free like that when you really only have to defend 20 yards down the field. The WR literally had to wait on the ball but we had nobody near enough by to even come close to him to break up the pass. Ineptness at its finest. We would have lost tonight to any halfway decent team.

KB21
11-29-2019, 12:36 AM
My head almost shot off when Joe took a time out before the previous 4th and 24 play where we actually picked off the pass.

Irondawg
11-29-2019, 01:34 AM
Yep the pick and then the timeout call announced was painful

msu15
11-29-2019, 01:41 AM
My head almost shot off when Joe took a time out before the previous 4th and 24 play where we actually picked off the pass.

That was on 3rd down but I agree, baffling.

CrookedLetta
11-29-2019, 01:46 AM
That was on 3rd down but I agree, baffling.

It was only baffling because we picked it off, had they thrown a bomb for a TD, everyone is praising Moorhead.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 01:47 AM
Prevent defense prevents you from winning. I'll never, ever understand why coaches still think using it is a good idea. Run your regular defense and force the offense to actually make a play under pressure.

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 01:50 AM
Prevent defense prevents you from winning. I'll never, ever understand why coaches still think using it is a good idea. Run your regular defense and force the offense to actually make a play under pressure.
It?s meant to keep the players in front of you..... too bad Landrews doesn?t understand that and fell for a triple cover in the center of the field rather than coverings the wide out.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 01:53 AM
It?s meant to keep the players in front of you..... too bad Landrews doesn?t understand that and fell for a triple cover in the center of the field rather than coverings the wide out.

We all know what it's meant to do. How often is it successful? Very few. It's not something you practice regularly and it gives the offense all day to make a play. Run your base D or nickel or dime package and force the offense to beat you under pressure.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 01:55 AM
We won tonight inspite of joe not because of joe.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 01:55 AM

Joe wasn?t going to call that. TBuck did because of our personnel.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 02:26 AM

I’m actually fine with prevent defense on 4th and 24 with under a minute left and the other team is backed up. But don’t let anyone get behind you. That was a bust by I think Tyler Williams. Big time bust.

And I hate prevent defense unless it’s basically a Hail Mary situation which is what that essentially was.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 02:27 AM
We won tonight inspite of joe not because of joe.

And Elijah Moore.

Lol.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2019, 02:28 AM
And Elijah Moore.

Lol.

Truth!

lastmajordog
11-29-2019, 08:40 AM
"Prevent defense prevents you from winning. I'll never, ever understand why coaches still think using it is a good idea. Run your regular defense and force the offense to actually make a play under pressure.) WMD

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2019, 08:52 AM
There was at least 3 of our guys in the vicinity of the WR. Two our guys looked like they were covering each other rather than an OM player. Everyone’s eyes were in the backfield.