PDA

View Full Version : I stand with Joe!!

calidawg
11-29-2019, 12:07 AM
Everyone wants to "piss" on Joe and I've been saying there is no way we should fire him if we win. 2-0 in Egg Bowls and some of you are mad! It's insane! You play to win the freaking game! Keep going bowling and beating OM and you are welcome back every year!

smootness
11-29-2019, 12:09 AM
Stop

CovertDawg
11-29-2019, 12:11 AM
I do find it funny that the same people who call Joe hard headed and arrogant won't admit that they either get bad "insider" info or just simply make things up.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 12:11 AM
007?

Hambone
11-29-2019, 12:12 AM
I’m good with this logic. Best Ole Miss and get to a bowl. I’m happy with that.

calidawg
11-29-2019, 12:14 AM
Stop

Stop what you must be miserable to be around being negative after an epic egg bowl win!

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 12:17 AM
You want to let Ole Miss define us?

Keep a bad coach only because he beat them. That's letting Ole Miss define us.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 12:18 AM
I’m good with this logic. Best Ole Miss and get to a bowl. I’m happy with that.

Well I'm not.

I want to our team looked like a competently coached program and win more than just the damn Egg Bowl.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 12:21 AM
Stop what you must be miserable to be around being negative after an epic egg bowl win!

We beat a 4-8 team, dude. I'm happy we did, but we did it by the skin of our dicks. Joe isn't the guy, unless beating OM is all that matters, I guess...

smootness
11-29-2019, 12:21 AM

I'm not being negative, that game was awesome - at least the result, there was some stupidity on the way to it.

But in no way does this one win mean Moorhead should keep his job. That's insane.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2019, 12:22 AM
I just assume we fire Moorhead and Cohen

msstate7
11-29-2019, 12:23 AM

If we keep joe, this is a very real possibility in 2020

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 12:26 AM
You want to let Ole Miss define us?

Keep a bad coach only because he beat them. That's letting Ole Miss define us.

Better than having them beat us nearly every year. You may not be old enough to remember that stuff, but I am. Y'all can't get it through your heads that beating Ole Miss more than we don't is a PREREQUISTE to doing anything much at all. It just is.

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 12:26 AM
Joe still called a weak game..... Our defense stepped up and won this game..... Except for the last drive. Willie was faster than their QB, Errol played like old Errol, and our DL were in the backfield. We still didn't move the ball on offense, so stop it.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-29-2019, 12:27 AM

BAM! The exacta.

Press this button if leadership fails.

Bothrops
11-29-2019, 12:28 AM
8-4 and 6-6 with 2 major playmakers out on defense most of the season, and back to back wins over OM. Joe has as strong of a case as anyone ever had at MSU football in being granted another year.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2019, 12:29 AM
Everyone wants to "piss" on Joe and I've been saying there is no way we should fire him if we win. 2-0 in Egg Bowls and some of you are mad! It's insane! You play to win the freaking game! Keep going bowling and beating OM and you are welcome back every year!

You are a troll or just what is wrong with Mississippi. Your head is stuck in the ground and you worry about one damn game. Shove off you worthless turd. 6-6 with wins against UM, UK, and one other sec team plus 3 fcs or non power 5 schools to keep a lifetime job... we aren't the MSU of the 80's Larry Tinkle..

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 12:30 AM
Better than having them beat us nearly every year. You may not be old enough to remember that stuff, but I am. Y'all can't get it through your heads that beating Ole Miss more than we don't is a PREREQUISTE to doing anything much at all. It just is.

But they don't...and we just beat them..again....and we still know Joe ain't the guy. If "being the guy" means beating OM, then there are 8 coaches that accomplished this immense feat this year alone...

Hambone
11-29-2019, 12:31 AM
Hey Shotgun..... if we beat Ole Miss and go to a bowl that means we beat 5 other teams not named Ole Miss...... that’s not letting Ole Miss define us.

I’m happy if we go to a bowl every year. 15 years ago I would have done anything to go to three in a row.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 12:34 AM
Hey Shotgun..... if we beat Ole Miss and go to a bowl that means we beat 5 other teams not named Ole Miss...... that’s not letting Ole Miss define us.

I’m happy if we go to a bowl every year. 15 years ago I would have done anything to go to three in a row.

Well you will be on our side when this doesn’t happen next year.

calidawg
11-29-2019, 12:34 AM
You are a troll or just what is wrong with Mississippi. Your head is stuck in the ground and you worry about one damn game. Shove off you worthless turd. 6-6 with wins against UM, UK, and one other sec team plus 3 fcs or non power 5 schools to keep a lifetime job... we aren't the MSU of the 80's Larry Tinkle..

Wow. Shove off after a positive post about our coach and team. Coaches can improve! Were going bowling and beat OM again! A coach who does that at MSU deserves another year!

msstate7
11-29-2019, 12:35 AM
Wow. Shove off after a positive post about our coach and team. Coaches can improve! Were going bowling and beat OM again! A coach who does that at MSU deserves another year!

We should hire Elijah Moore

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 12:35 AM

A question you need to ask yourself, and it's the only question: would you have this opinion had we lost? And if not, it means OM is defining your response, in an emotional way that is not a positive....

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 12:38 AM

That's a bit harsh.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 12:40 AM
A question you need to ask yourself, and it's the only question: would you have this opinion had we lost? And if not, it means OM is defining your response, in an emotional way that is not a positive....

This

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 12:42 AM
That's a bit harsh.

No, it's right on ...... We were an excessive celebration away from going to OT and probably losing because our offense couldn't move the ball. There was a play where OM stacked 9 in the box, we checked out, and still ran it. Complete horse shit. Some of y'all are acting like we just just upset LSU or Bama.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 12:43 AM

It is a rivalry game. It is THE rivalry game as far as we are concerned. Those kind of games DO define programs and coaches. It is a FACT of sports and life. No coach who loses regularly to Ole Miss will survive here, nor will one up there who loses regularly to us. Go take a look at their boards. Luke may not survive this, no matter what they said last week. I'm just gonna sit back and watch our deal this year. I'm good either way, this year.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 12:43 AM
No, it's right on ...... We were an excessive celebration away from going to OT and probably losing because our offense couldn't move the ball. There was a play where OM stacked 9 in the box, we checked out, and still ran it. Complete horse shit. Some of y'all are acting like we just just upset LSU or Bama.

Troof

KB21
11-29-2019, 12:44 AM

Why? Where does Joe Moorhead influence the game? Is he a great motivator? Does he run a disciplined program that pays attention to detail? Does he prepare his players to play well consistently? What advantage does his play calling give this program?

I bet you think Dallas should keep Jason Garrett as well.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2019, 12:44 AM
That's a bit harsh.

Watching Joe Moorhead "coach" this season has been " a bit harsh"

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2019, 12:47 AM
It is a rivalry game. It is THE rivalry game as far as we are concerned. Those kind of games DO define programs and coaches. It is a FACT of sports and life. No coach who loses regularly to Ole Miss will survive here, nor will one up there who loses regularly to us. Go take a look at their boards. Luke may not survive this, no matter what they said last week. I'm just gonna sit back and watch our deal this year. I'm good either way, this year.

Luke shouldn't have survived it anyways.. he was a stopgap for probation. if they want to hang their hat on his one win against a team with barely a head coach.. so be it. we aren't them..and are better then them even with Joe the clown as our head coach.
Hell yes i want to always beat them.. but not compare ourselves to them..

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 12:48 AM

No, we are acting like we just beat Ole Miss in what may be the most perfect way possible. I'm going to enjoy it! My life isn't so miserable that I will EVER be upset about beating Ole Miss. It's one thing I have always hated about our internet fanbase. We can never seem to enjoy anything with out dissing it in some way. I'm going to relish the thought that I will never have to listen one of them talk about what a class act they are ever again. I'll just ask them if they have found a fire hydrant for their players yet. That was PERFECT.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 12:50 AM

Jesus. We can still have a rivalry, it be important, and, at the same time, want our program to be better than this. ****s sake, man. You're being obtuse. Beating a 4-8 team, regardless if its OM, should not completely make up for all the other blatant and obvious shortcomings.....this isn't hard stuff.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 12:50 AM
Watching Joe Moorhead "coach" this season has been " a bit harsh"

I won't argue with you. But jeeze man. THINK about how they lost that game. You couldn't have written a better ending after what they did 2 years ago. All the national media is talking it up, showing it, and laughing at them. They are all about what people think about them. This one is a blow to the very soul of what they think they are. It was PERFECT.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 12:52 AM
I won't argue with you. But jeeze man. THINK about how they lost that game. You couldn't have written a better ending after what they did 2 years ago. All the national media is talking it up, showing it, and laughing at them. They are all about what people think about them. This one is a blow to the very soul of what they think they are. It was PERFECT.

Yes, and I enjoyed it too, and I'll enjoy it tomorrow, and forever, and Joe should still be fired.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 12:55 AM
Jesus. We can still have a rivalry, it be important, and, at the same time, want our program to be better than this. ****s sake, man. You're being obtuse. Beating a 4-8 team, regardless if its OM, should not completely make up for all the other blatant and obvious shortcomings.....this isn't hard stuff.

Maybe I was wrong but I got the feeling that you were saying if you are happy about this win you are letting Ole Miss define your fandom because we might keep Joe. For me at the moment I'm good with whatever happens with Joe. That has absolutely no bearing on how happy I am tonight. They are getting LAUGHED at all over the media. It's killing them because they are ALL about what people think of them. I don't care if they had been 0-11 coming in. IT WAS AWESOME.

TALL DAWG
11-29-2019, 12:58 AM
Luke shouldn't have survived it anyways.. he was a stopgap for probation. if they want to hang their hat on his one win against a team with barely a head coach.. so be it. we aren't them..and are better then them even with Joe the clown as our head coach.

Whoever is coaching on the plantation in 2020 has a distinct possibility of starting the season 1 and 5. Their schedule flips for the worst in 2020. I hate it for them***😂

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:03 AM

This should have been an 8 win team at worst. Kansas State and Tennessee should have been wins for this team, and I personally feel that Texas A&M should have been a win as well. Beating Ole Miss doesn’t absolve the fact that this program has underachieved in BOTH of Joe’s seasons as head coach, and that underachievement is directly related to his undisciplined, unprepared approach to coaching football.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:03 AM

We have to compare ourselves to them. We are in the same state. We recruit the same players. They are and always will be the basic measuring stick for us, whether we want it that way or not. You are starting to sound like them.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2019, 01:04 AM
Maybe I was wrong but I got the feeling that you were saying if you are happy about this win you are letting Ole Miss define your fandom because we might keep Joe. For me at the moment I'm good with whatever happens with Joe. That has absolutely no bearing on how happy I am tonight. They are getting LAUGHED at all over the media. It's killing them because they are ALL about what people think of them. I don't care if they had been 0-11 coming in. IT WAS AWESOME.

You are wrong, in that case. I loved how the game ended. It was perfect. Perfect KARMA. I love beating those ****s, and this time was especially satisfying, mainly for how it ended.

But the title of this thread is "I stand with Joe", and that's an emotional, and irrational response to beating a 4-8 team, and its the type of knee jerk reaction that can bury our program....even if we continue to beat shitty OM teams.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:07 AM
This should have been an 8 win team at worst. Kansas State and Tennessee should have been wins for this team, and I personally feel that Texas A&M should have been a win as well. Beating Ole Miss doesn’t absolve the fact that this program has underachieved in BOTH of Joe’s seasons as head coach, and that underachievement is directly related to his undisciplined, unprepared approach to coaching football.

I said 7-5 with a better chance of going 6-6 than 8-4 before the season started. I also said 8-4 last year. This year I thought we would beat KSU, the rest went exactly like I thought they would. We have had some drastically overinflated expectations the last few years. It didn't start with Joe either.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:12 AM
You are wrong, in that case. I loved how the game ended. It was perfect. Perfect KARMA. I love beating those ****s, and this time was especially satisfying, mainly for how it ended.

But the title of this thread is "I stand with Joe", and that's an emotional, and irrational response to beating a 4-8 team, and its the type of knee jerk reaction that can bury our program....even if we continue to beat shitty OM teams.

The emotional reaction of abandoning a coach who went 8-4 at a non-bluebood, which we basically did after last year, can also bury a program. As I've said, I'm fine whatever we do this year. I actually agree with a lot of what y'all are saying, but it will look MORE than a bit awkward if we actually do it.

FriarsPoint
11-29-2019, 01:12 AM

I need your address. I?m sending you the maroon gift pack from MAFES.

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:17 AM
I said 7-5 with a better chance of going 6-6 than 8-4 before the season started. I also said 8-4 last year. This year I thought we would beat KSU, the rest went exactly like I thought they would. We have had some drastically overinflated expectations the last few years. It didn't start with Joe either.

So, you have convinced yourself that not only should we not have those expectations at Mississippi State, but that 6-7 wins a season should guarantee you a life time job at Mississippi State?

I’m not happy with only being able to beat teams that we can clearly out talent, losing games when the talent level is equal, and getting boat raced against teams that clearly have better overall talent. This guy inherited a team that had 3 first round draft picks, two offensive linemen that are playing in the NFL, a solid group of young players, and the all time leading rusher among SEC QBs in the history of the league, and he couldn’t win more than 8 games.

Randolph Dupree
11-29-2019, 01:23 AM
WTF is wrong with you people. We beat a terrible team by one damn point because THEY ****ed up. THEY had the game in their hands and messed up. I don't know what the final stat sheet said but at one point in the second half, we were winning but their offensive numbers were ahead of ours. Hell, my 10 year old was calling our plays out before we ran them.

Folks, Joe sucks. He flat out sucks. Offensive guru my ass. If you can't see how bad he sucks I can't help you.

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:25 AM
WTF is wrong with you people. We beat a terrible team by one damn point because THEY ****ed up. THEY had the game in their hands and messed up. I don't know what the final stat sheet said but at one point in the second half, we were winning but their offensive numbers were ahead of ours. Hell, my 10 year old was calling our plays out before we ran them.

Folks, Joe sucks. He flat out sucks. Offensive guru my ass. If you can't see how bad he sucks I can't help you.

This. The timeout he took late in the game is what put this team into a position where OM had to lose the game.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 01:25 AM
So, you have convinced yourself that not only should we not have those expectations at Mississippi State, but that 6-7 wins a season should guarantee you a life time job at Mississippi State?

I’m not happy with only being able to beat teams that we can clearly out talent, losing games when the talent level is equal, and getting boat raced against teams that clearly have better overall talent. This guy inherited a team that had 3 first round draft picks, two offensive linemen that are playing in the NFL, a solid group of young players, and the all time leading rusher among SEC QBs in the history of the league, and he couldn’t win more than 8 games.

I did not say anything remotely resembling that.

KB21
11-29-2019, 01:30 AM
I did not say anything remotely resembling that.

You very clearly implied it. It’s the old “We shouldn’t fire him because we shouldn’t have those expectations” line.

bigplayslay
11-29-2019, 01:35 AM
Anyone defending Joe right now is letting the emotions of the game get to them. I ask them to please remember last year’s UK, UF, and Iowa games as well as this years K State and UT games.

Joe has vastly underperformed. He stepped into a defense that was arguably the best in the nation last year. We were in every single game last year because of those guys.

Joe has fielded a team consistently that doesn’t look prepared with a game plan or ready to play. Offense has been stagnant in the majority of games. Our guys have been undisciplined both on and off the field.

As for tonight: we did not continue to run the ball down the stretch and it almost cost us the game. We escaped a 4-8 ole miss team. We had to get past joes play calling with turnovers and Kylin hill capitalizing on his opportunities. The defense was lights out. Joe’s offense was underwhelming at best.

Joe seems like a great dude but he is so far in over his head here. Please do not let this game change your mind.

Marshdawg
11-29-2019, 02:08 AM
Stand with joe on the Rutgers sideline

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 02:12 AM
You very clearly implied it. It’s the old “We shouldn’t fire him because we shouldn’t have those expectations” line.

I did not and it is not.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 02:21 AM

He wants you to stop because he cant take the same shit he shovels.

What a bunch of ******s we have for fans.