PDA

View Full Version : Great Win, but JoMo Has to Be Fired

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2019, 11:53 PM
Awesome win and a fun game, but you can't allow an Ole Miss player pissing on the field to save Moorhead.

Did you guys watch our offense tonight? We can't even execute a pass play further than 5 yards downfield and are a complete cluster 17 on that side of the ball.

Our team is coached like complete horse shit.

I'm sorry, but keeping Moorhead due to tonight would be cowardly and absolutely awful leadership by our administration. Just awful.

He is not what's in the best interest of this program, and, if tonight changed that for you, then your a weak, emotional leader.

I'm out if he's back. Shoop I want back, he was awesome tonight but Moorhead didn't do a damn thing.

DogsofAnarchy
11-29-2019, 12:00 AM
You are correct but I fear we don’t have the testicular fortitude to make tough decisions. Joe made a bunch of coaching mistakes in that game and we had 300 yards on a horrible defense. This is the absolute WORST thing that could have happened to MSU.

Boya
11-29-2019, 12:00 AM
Wtf is wrong with you?

shoeless joe
11-29-2019, 12:02 AM
He’s smug and arrogant. Presser made me even more mad that he was ever hired! Get his ass outta here

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 12:03 AM
You are correct but I fear we don’t have the testicular fortitude to make tough decisions. Joe made a bunch of coaching mistakes in that game and we had 300 yards on a horrible defense. This is the absolute WORST thing that could have happened to MSU.

Yup. I wouldn?t take that if I were you. Sounds like you need a new team.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 12:06 AM
I agree 100% except the part about being out. I’m never giving up on State.
This game showed me nothing to make me think Joe has figured it out. Nothing. Surely his fate was already decided?!?!?
I hope our informed posters on here weren’t mislead.
And I agree about Shoop. Great coaching. Great game plan. Plumlee was non effective tonight.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 12:07 AM
I guess I'm the only one that liked the press conference.

I'm glad he stood up for himself. I didn't take it personally. I imagine what it would be like if people around me kept taking about me getting fired while I was still doing my job. He's built a relationship with the kids. He cares about them. And people calling him dumb, fat, dead man walking, get the **** out, etc.

Y'all are shocked he came out pissed and fired up after winning a rivalry game with all that shit swirling around? Good for Moorhead.

State82
11-29-2019, 12:20 AM
Look guys. The simple fact that we gave up a 4th and 23 conversion, WITH UNDER 60 SECONDS TO GO, should be a fireable offense. You do not have to look any further than that one simple 17 up. Not to mention everything else that was brought to light in this game. The whole program is in need of new, fresh leadership. Sure, it was the funniest thing I have ever seen in how it played out tonight. I have not laughed that hard for that long since I started watching sports. But, you cannot get lost in all the shits and giggles this game provided. Our football program is in dire need of change. Dire need.

TheLostDawg
11-29-2019, 12:23 AM

I'm glad he stood up for himself. I didn't take it personally. I imagine what it would be like if people around me kept taking about me getting fired while I was still doing my job. He's built a relationship with the kids. He cares about them. And people calling him dumb, fat, dead man walking, get the **** out, etc.

Y'all are shocked he came out pissed and fired up after winning a rivalry game with all that shit swirling around? Good for Moorhead.

I agree but I also think our offense was not existent at times tonight. At times I mean pretty much most of the game. That's against a bad defense. Our special teams looked like their first day of pee wee. Did they not realize when they run back to the punter they are suppose to block the kick if they make it that far? I'm for a coaching change but if for some reason he's still here, he better make some major changes on his staff and then go find his Joe Brady to give this offense life. Our o line looked same as always, good at times then terrible. I am not a Mullen fan but do respect him. The one thing Mullen gave us was consistency. Where ever Moorhead ends up next year, I hope he figures that out.

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 12:27 AM

People weren't saying this to his face, at least as far as I know. One of his problems seems to be that he IS reading every piece of social media and every post about him out on the internet. You can't live your life as an SEC coach and be like that. Well, maybe Saban can when you win like he does, but the normal SEC coaches can't. If you are on the verge of having a losing season (like JoMo was tonight before the win), then, guess what, there are folks that will be talking negatively about you on social media.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 12:29 AM
Look guys. The simple fact that we gave up a 4th and 23 conversion, WITH UNDER 60 SECONDS TO GO, should be a fireable offense. You do not have to look any further than that one simple 17 up. Not to mention everything else that was brought to light in this game. The whole program is in need of new, fresh leadership. Sure, it was the funniest thing I have ever seen in how it played out tonight. I have not laughed that hard for that long since I started watching sports. But, you cannot get lost in all the shits and giggles this game provided. Our football program is in dire need of change. Dire need.

One play is never a fireable offense. That is just plain stupid. It happens.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2019, 12:30 AM

It's the first thing I've seen from him that I really have ever liked. I honestly don't care one way or another what we do about him.....yet. Next year will be different if he is still here.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2019, 12:36 AM
It's the first thing I've seen from him that I really have ever liked. I honestly don't care one way or another what we do about him.....yet. Next year will be different if he is still here.

Indeed it will be and not in the way you are thinking. If he is back I see us AGAIN fighting to get to a bowl game. Home attendance will be way down.. and interest in the program will reach the last 3 years of jackie and croom levels.
So he got a little attitude in him tonight when a POS bear player saved us from going to OT with them when we were by far the better and more talented football team..so what is missing there...coaching.

F*ck Joe. Drag his yankee ass out.. give him his money and tell him to pound dirt.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 12:38 AM

There is absolutely no evidence that things will be better.

I couldn't care less how he behaves in a press conference. He's a bad coach and that won't change between now and next year.

What did you see tonight that makes you think he will be better next year?

TheLostDawg
11-29-2019, 12:39 AM
I didn't watch it but from the way it sounds, I wish that he'd have that type of fire on the sidelines

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2019, 12:41 AM
I didn't watch it but from the way it sounds, I wish that he'd have that type of fire on the sidelines

The fire the coach has on the sidelines have about 1% to do with if he's a good coach.

It makes my brain hurt to think that people are actually basing their opinion on that.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2019, 12:50 AM
The fire the coach has on the sidelines have about 1% to do with if he's a good coach.

It makes my brain hurt to think that people are actually basing their opinion on that.

No kidding. I've been talking about this for 2 years. Sideline demeanor has virtually nothing to do with coaching ability. It's about personality. The Bear, Gene Stallings, JWS were all very stoic on the sidelines like Jughead is. Were they not good coaches? Saban, Dabo and Mullen are fiery. Personally I prefer fiery because that's my personality. But I don't get upset if a coach isn't fiery on the sideline. You gotta be you and do what fits your personality. I'm way more worried about how he coaches practice, prepares a gameplan, time spent recruiting, etc. than how a coach acts on game day.

TheLostDawg
11-29-2019, 03:00 AM

What have a based on that? All I said was I wish that he had fire on the sideline. Go back to pulling for ole Miss

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 05:47 AM
Joe is terrible! Offensively we ran the same play 70% of the time. There was no creativity on either side. The game looked like 2 high school teams with the playcalling.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 07:31 AM

You do realize that he is not taking any blame for our failures. He acts like he has maxed out what he was given. Does that not bother you?

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 07:41 AM
You do realize that he is not taking any blame for our failures. He acts like he has maxed out what he was given. Does that not bother you?

He sounds exactly like Croom.

TheLostDawg
11-29-2019, 11:19 AM

Hopefully ends like Croom too. Our offense has been stagnate all year and very little has to do with out side his control. Yeah he makes little adjustments every game but that doesn't cut it in the SEC. Analysts pick apart every game. You have to step back and look at the big picture at times. He just is blind to the fact that what he's trying isn't working. Tweak things all you want when you have an offense that clicks but I haven't seen it all year except maybe against Arkansas and we all know how great that Arkansas team is this year.

I like Joe but if he stays, that's the direction we're heading (Arkansas). Y'all say you're happy about a bowl and egg bowl win but this might be the last one if a lot of major changes aren't made. I'd rather get ahead of our troubles than be playing catch up the next few years. We can't sit around and watch our program crumble and have to hope for another Mullen to build it back up which takes years and a lot of learning curve. Let's nip this in the bud now.

If he does stay we definitely have to get a good QB coach and someone that knows how to change Moorhead offense in order to get it to click but like Shogun said in another post, we'd need a lot of luck for that to happen. I agree, it'd be hard to find someone to come just for possibly one year and chance ruining their name. It would take someone really confident. Even then it's a gamble. However ole Miss did it so I guess there is always that chance but then again it seems Moorhead thinks his system and what he's doing on offense is working. That leads to the next question, if we found that person, would Moorhead even listen to him.

TrapGame
11-29-2019, 11:24 AM

But it's worse. He wants us to think he's our saviour b/c we've haven't done _________________ since _______________. So therefore we are poor, pitiful Mississippi State and should thankful this offensive genius is here.

**** him!

trojandawg
11-29-2019, 11:28 AM
One play is never a fireable offense. That is just plain stupid. It happens.

One game shouldn?t also save a coaches job

WSOPdawg
11-29-2019, 11:28 AM
Indeed it will be and not in the way you are thinking. If he is back I see us AGAIN fighting to get to a bowl game. Home attendance will be way down.. and interest in the program will reach the last 3 years of jackie and croom levels.
So he got a little attitude in him tonight when a POS bear player saved us from going to OT with them when we were by far the better and more talented football team..so what is missing there...coaching.

F*ck Joe. Drag his yankee ass out.. give him his money and tell him to pound dirt.

Love the way you think, Scooba.

His press conference after the game last night highlighted the cultural difference between his "yankee ass" and the SEC. As we've seen just about every damn SEC game for the past 2 season, he underperformed offensively against a poor SEC defense... and he will never perform against Bama, LSU, UGA, etc.

WSOPdawg
11-29-2019, 11:32 AM
But it's worse. He wants us to think he's our saviour b/c we've haven't done _________________ since _______________. So therefore we are poor, pitiful Mississippi State and should thankful this offensive genius is here.

**** him!

Rep given, Trap. F*ck him and his yankee ass attitude, his yankee ass game-prep abilities, his yankee ass S&C program, and his yankee ass learning-on-the-fly-how-to-coach-in-the SEC bullsh!t.