11-28-2019, 10:57 PM
Bump

Cloak
11-28-2019, 11:01 PM
I'm refreshing Horka's twitter. He may Periscope it live

ScoobaDawg
11-28-2019, 11:04 PM
Does HailState.com show the post press conference or on YouTube

Don't think Youtube will go live. facebook usually does..or twitter.

fader2103
11-28-2019, 11:09 PM
Just went live on FB

ScoobaDawg
11-28-2019, 11:11 PM

vv83
11-28-2019, 11:15 PM

Thanks Scooba

fader2103
11-28-2019, 11:17 PM
He is pissed.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2019, 11:17 PM
So much for stepping down, lol.

mparkerfd20
11-28-2019, 11:18 PM
He gone and he knows it. But he's showing his ass on the way out and gonna make us look bad for firing him.

SapperDawg
11-28-2019, 11:18 PM
Yep. Says we have to drag his yankee ass out. Talked directly to the narrative that he was not the man for the job.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2019, 11:19 PM
Yep. Says we have to drag his yankee ass out. Talked directly to the narrative that he was not the man for the job.

Let's see if we have the balls to drag him out....I hope we do.

BayouDawg
He gone and he knows it. But he's showing his ass on the way out and gonna make us look bad for firing him.

Yea and I was beginning to kind of feel sorry for him... then he spoke

BrunswickDawg
We need to fire his ass for the way he opened that press conference. **** him. You just beat a 4-7 team.

bluelightstar
11-28-2019, 11:20 PM
He says he isn’t going anywhere. Our offense only put up 320 yards on that crap ole miss team

Commercecomet24
11-28-2019, 11:21 PM

Yep he's giving us the finger. You had 2 years to get it right and you failed joe. Don't go away mad just go away joe!

BeardoMSU
11-28-2019, 11:22 PM
He says he isn’t going anywhere. Our offense only put up 320 yards on that crap ole miss team

And that is telling. he is too blinded by his own "brilliance" to see reality.

Dawgology
11-28-2019, 11:23 PM
Well...he ain’t going anywhere

R2Dawg
11-28-2019, 11:24 PM
Boy opening of press conference was unprofessional again by Joe. He hates MSU fans, he might as well leave. All he cares about is what his team thinks.

Statecoachingblows**
11-28-2019, 11:30 PM
He can ummm...go kick rocks. Think that's the phrase

CovertDawg
11-28-2019, 11:30 PM
Ha, major Elite Dawgs fail....people were saying he already accepted a buyout! He absolutely plans to be here. So regardless of whether he deserves to stay or go, the insiders here are not nearly as connected as they think. My guess is people were anticipating a big loss to Ole Miss so they started speculation that got out of control so they could look like "insiders."

KB21
11-28-2019, 11:35 PM
His comment that it is a myth that he inherited a great team just flew all over me.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2019, 11:38 PM
His comment that it is a myth that he inherited a great team just flew all over me.

Holy ****, he said that?!?!

Cloak
11-28-2019, 11:44 PM
So, was Genespage right? Or did Moorehead go off script?

Matt3467
11-28-2019, 11:50 PM

He said people acted like he took over the '85 Bears lol.

Look I told everyone here if we go 6-6 and bowling Joe ain't going anywhere. He said he will see us at the bowl.

DownwardDawg
What did he say at beginning of presser?

KB21

Yep. He said that there is this myth that he inherited the ?85 Bears.

StoneDawg
11-28-2019, 11:54 PM
We beat a bad ole miss team because they took a piss on the field. Joe still needs to go.

dawgday166
11-28-2019, 11:57 PM

Did he say that in his presser?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2019, 11:57 PM
I ****ing called this a week ago. How many programs have fired year 2 coaches for non-off field issues? Very few. How many have one it after making a bowl? Zero. Literally zero. The odds we'd have the highest standards of any program in such a situation seems low.

Winning cures everything. The EB is 1/3 the emotions we invest in a season, so winning that is worth 4 more total wins as far as how the fans/boosters feel about a coach. Fan pressure is off Cohen, many cigar boys are going "well, I know I said he needed to go no matter what, BUT..."

We should have lost. We're going to go 4-8 next year and lose the EB when a good coach would have us 7-5 and win the EB. But I was ridiculed by shortsighted fans who say "You never root for OM EVER! Things will work themselves out!"

34, Dantheman, Ari, IYOK... go 17 yourselves if Joe doesn't get fired. What a bunch of jokes. You should ban yourselves out of embarrassment

CadaverDawg
11-28-2019, 11:58 PM
Joe, pump the breaks you doofus....you're celebrating squeaking by a 4-8 team because they literally pissed the game away. This is exactly why your sorry ass needs to go. If I was Cohen I would have walked in and said, "the only one kicking rocks is you, shitbag. Get your shit and get the **** out of my complex."

I'm sick of this sloth ****er trying to act like he's bigger than our fans and program. He's a joke, and Cohen better fire his ass.

maroonmania
11-28-2019, 11:59 PM
Yep. He said that there is this myth that he inherited the ?85 Bears.

He didn't inherit the 85 Bears but he did inherit one of only 3 teams in the country with 3 first round draft picks on it. Oh, and the other 2 teams that had that was Alabama and Clemson.

mparkerfd20
11-29-2019, 12:00 AM
I will boycott every game that MF coaches for us. 17 u Joe Moorhead! You aren't bigger than the program.

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 12:00 AM
Joe, pump the breaks you doofus....you're celebrating squeaking by a 4-8 team because they literally pissed the game away. This is exactly why your sorry ass needs to go. If I was Cohen I would have walked in and said, "the only one kicking rocks is you, shitbag. Get your shit and get the **** out of my complex."

I'm sick of this sloth ****er trying to act like he's bigger than our fans and program. He's a joke, and Cohen better fire his ass.

Joe is too emotionally unstable to coach in this league.

Dawgfan77
11-29-2019, 12:01 AM
Joe wasn?t going to step down after the game in the PC and take away from thirds and the win. Things will unfold.

msstate7
And this is why I said OM winning would be best for our football program. I backed off when I thought joe was gone regardless; but if joe stays, this was a gut shot to our football program

Cloak
I don't think C34, Ari, IYOK, trolled us. I have to believe Joe went off script there and the plan is still to fire him.

If not, and they were all wrong, then this will be the end of EliteDawgs

ZedFedder
11-29-2019, 12:02 AM
Yeah, that is a bad look. If he is here next year he will have to start off extremely well to earn trust back.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 12:04 AM
If he dissed '18 team with the 85 Bears comment again I hope that sumbitch never wins another football game anywhere. We did just about have the '85 Bears college equivalent. Best D in the game all we needed was a little semblance of an offense ... just like the '85 Bears.

All while quoting "point the thumb not the finger".

Boya
11-29-2019, 12:04 AM
http://https://youtu.be/4otQ5C-ZZIc

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-29-2019, 12:06 AM
And this is why I said OM winning would be best for our football program. I backed off when I thought joe was gone regardless; but if joe stays, this was a gut shot to our football program

100% agreed. Jpe being here next year 1) guarantees the program slips into deeper hole for the next guy to climb out of, 2)guarantees we win less games, and 3) makes an EB loss far more likely. All for 1 EB win in a year where it doesn't even matter if OM won because there is no bowl game for them regardless? Not with it. Rip the bandaid off and lose tonight, we'd all be talking about Napier right now with hope for the future

maroonmania
11-29-2019, 12:07 AM
Joe is too emotionally unstable to coach in this league.

Don't know if it's being emotionally unstable or just being too unprofessional. That was pretty obvious when he dragged out the story about his daughter being upset hearing about her Father being a crappy coach after the TN game. Just no reason for a high level professional coach to go there as a play for sympathy I guess.

Really Clark?
I ****ing called this a week ago. How many programs have fired year 2 coaches for non-off field issues? Very few. How many have one it after making a bowl? Zero. Literally zero. The odds we'd have the highest standards of any program in such a situation seems low.

Winning cures everything. The EB is 1/3 the emotions we invest in a season, so winning that is worth 4 more total wins as far as how the fans/boosters feel about a coach. Fan pressure is off Cohen, many cigar boys are going "well, I know I said he needed to go no matter what, BUT..."

We should have lost. We're going to go 4-8 next year and lose the EB when a good coach would have us 7-5 and win the EB. But I was ridiculed by shortsighted fans who say "You never root for OM EVER! Things will work themselves out!"

34, Dantheman, Ari, IYOK... go 17 yourselves if Joe doesn't get fired. What a bunch of jokes. You should ban yourselves out of embarrassment

FSU is bowl eligible after firing their coach in his second year

msudawg1200
He said people acted like he took over the '85 Bears lol.

Look I told everyone here if we go 6-6 and bowling Joe ain't going anywhere. He said he will see us at the bowl.

I said it earlier today and all I got was “Wanna bet?”. We ain’t firing him at 6-6. It ain’t happening, and it sounds like he ain’t resigning. Now, maybe Rutgers will save the day.

Cowbell
Boys this is gonna get ugly

DDawg
Yeah he really came off more of an ass than anything in that presser. Lists off all the excuses for this year, and then says that the team he inherited last year wasnt the 85 Bears? What the hell did you think they were then when you were promising Heismans and every championship there was??? Also, he was obviously aware of the rumours going around but when the reporter asked he pretended like he had no idea what he was talking about. One big enigma. Also, I think him bringing up the late 90's team was a subtle way of saying we havent really been shit since then.

I didnt think he would resign after the game, but I damn sure didnt think he'd confront all these rumors the way he did either. Did we get conned by the Athletic Department into making Jomo think he was coaching for his job or some crazy shit who knows but at this point nothing would surprise me.

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 12:11 AM
Devil’s advocate. If I was in his shoes I would do the same thing.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2019, 12:12 AM
When Mullen’s left, C34 told us before the egg bowl. Nobody believed him. Then nothing happened for a few days and people raked him over the coals. Then a day later it was out everywhere that Mullen accepted the Florida job AFTER accepting the Tennessee job. I’m not gonna get my emotions up either way. This ain’t over yet. I’m gonna enjoy this win!!!! 17 the ole pissers.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 12:14 AM

This is what I keep saying. I would be freaking pissed and defensive too if I had been through the ringer like him. He's had a rough year.

BrunswickDawg
11-29-2019, 12:16 AM
That asshat was a couple of FBombs away from sounding like that Kansas JUCO idiot. We don't need a guy like this representing MSU. You got lucky to beat a 4-7 team there Joe - that's why we don't like you. That presser just lost you more support.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 12:17 AM
This is what I keep saying. I would be freaking pissed and defensive too if I had been through the ringer like him. He's had a rough year.

Yeah bc saying I'm gonna stay your coach, but f you state fans is a great way to play this

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 12:20 AM
Yeah bc saying I'm gonna stay your coach, but f you state fans is a great way to play this

Look. Fans are the ones that have constantly shit on him. He's a man. Stuff gets to you. Did he take it a tad far? Maybe. But I can understand it. Like it said. If you were trying to prepare to do your job and everyone around you kept talking about who was going to replace you while you were doing your job, you might be pissed too.

I'll say this. I'm not going to judge the man because I've never walked in his shoes. So I can at least have empathy for him. Folks on here kept saying "well he makes a lot of money" and "he should understand that's part of the job". Screw that. Dude is a human being. Crap we say and others say around him affects people.

Good for him for getting the win. He's had a shit year and he and the team deserve and needed that win. Glad they got it.

trojandawg
11-29-2019, 12:26 AM
The fact that he lets it get to him and addresses the fans that way shows that he isn?t the msn for the job. You think Mullen ever addressed any of his criticism? He is so delusional and a nut job that hates the Mississippi state fan base. Screw him. Instead of just saying I?m not worried about any of that we just won a game he tore off in to the fan base again. Screw him. You went 8-5 with the best defense in school history, 1000 yard rusher, and 2nd best qb in our history looking like dog shit on offense. You follow that up with your boy after blaming it on fitz last year and fan expectations, and you look even worse this year and blame it on plastic man for getting hurt. Good grief. Fire this man already. I?ve never wanted someone fired so bad after being bowl eligible

confucius say
11-29-2019, 12:28 AM
Joe wasn?t going to step down after the game in the PC and take away from thirds and the win. Things will unfold.

How confident are you in this?

KB21
11-29-2019, 12:30 AM
If he’s not fired, then we do not have the leadership in the athletic department that we need.

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 12:37 AM

If I'm being paid multi millions of dollars I would care less. Maybe pissed a little but not enough to get out of character.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2019, 12:39 AM
If I'm being paid multi millions of dollars I would care less. Maybe pissed a little but not enough to get out of character.

Can you explain what the amount of money you make has to do with emotion? Or at what amount of money that starts to become something you can't do?

Is that the unwritten rule of making a lot of money? You can't be emotional and take offense or be a little upset if you make a lot of money?

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 12:41 AM

I don't think he got out of character. I think he showed his true character.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 12:48 AM
We need to fire his ass for the way he opened that press conference. **** him. You just beat a 4-7 team.

Dear God. Y?all just stop.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-29-2019, 12:59 AM
MetEdDawg - Agree 100%. Great post. It's football folks, let's keep a little perspective. Fire or not fire, whatever, it's time to move the program forward aGain. Leadership is making the hard decisions.

Rex54
11-29-2019, 01:13 AM
I don't think he got out of character. I think he showed his true character.

This coupled with the “mean rednecks said I’m a bad coach in front of muh kid” bs.

hacker
11-29-2019, 01:23 AM
Not gonna lie, his press conference just made me respect the shit out of him. Guess I'm in the minority on that. I guess we'll see what happens.

"Y'all want me to quit, but **** that, this is my team"

I respect that.

Captain Falcon
11-29-2019, 01:34 AM
Say what you want about him, but if he’s going down, he’s going down swinging and not cowering to the critics. And look, the criticism is mostly deserved. He has definitely underwhelmed through two years. But the rumors have been nothing but a potential distraction before a huge game for him and his team, and I think it’s totally fair for him to be pissed off about them. Especially if they end up being unfounded like he appears to genuinely believe. And I think it’s very obvious he WANTS to be here and WANTS to succeed, so that should squash any logic that says he wants out.

defiantdog
11-29-2019, 01:39 AM
Not gonna lie, his press conference just made me respect the shit out of him. Guess I'm in the minority on that. I guess we'll see what happens.

I respect that.
You?re okay with mediocrity? You want o be like Kentucky? Go to a bowl but don?t beat a good team all year? My god, we haven?t been competitive all year..... but everyone thinks we?re going to the playoffs because we beat a 4 win OM team.

dawgday166
11-29-2019, 01:40 AM
You?re okay with mediocrity? You want o be like Kentucky? Go to a bowl but don?t beat a good team all year? My god, we haven?t been competitive all year..... but everyone thinks we?re going to the playoffs because we beat a 4 win OM team.

WooHoo ... we good!!

timotheus
11-29-2019, 02:05 AM
glad stevens was out ot joe would have lost and I thought it looked like 2 junior high teams most of the game. this is a total mess

Todd4State
11-29-2019, 02:09 AM

If you had more of buyout that kicked in paying you even more millions I would still do the same thing.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 02:17 AM
but everyone thinks we?re going to the playoffs because we beat a 4 win OM team.

Yea that?s what everybody is doing. Whatever.

Own it. You don?t like his comments because it stings your ass.

Comments like yours prove you cannot take the very thing you dish out.

Dawgtini
11-29-2019, 02:50 AM
Just watched the presser. Joe said he ain?t going no where. His team his school ?see you at the bowl game?. Wow. If rumors are true gonna get real in the coming days.

MarketingBully
11-29-2019, 05:41 AM
Meh, if I were Cohen I’d make it real difficult for him to stay like OM did with Cutcliff. There definitely needs to be some staff changed and I’d make him hire a real OC. I also wouldn’t extend him and make year 3 the hot hot seat. It’s hard to fire someone after going to 2 straight bowl seasons and two wins over OM even though OM had more to do with that loss then we did winning that game.

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 06:20 AM

I respect that.

It's been his team. Is he just realizing that?

Cooterpoot
11-29-2019, 06:36 AM
Jo is a good guy and wants to be a good coach at State. That means he’s got to be willing to toss his offense and make the staff changes required if he’s going to stay. His play calling was horrendous at times last night. The offense isn’t working.
If he refuses, show him the door. He basically put himself in a position last night to where he’s got to prove he can run this program. Unwillingness to do so should result in termination after that speech.

gravedigger
11-29-2019, 07:06 AM
I don't think C34, Ari, IYOK, trolled us. I have to believe Joe went off script there and the plan is still to fire him.

If not, and they were all wrong, then this will be the end of EliteDawgs

Or they were inaccurate. It happens. Trust me, egos are too large around here for it to die over a bravado filled rumor.

AJ Brown commitment comes to mind.

msstate7
11-29-2019, 07:10 AM
Jo is a good guy and wants to be a good coach at State. That means he’s got to be willing to toss his offense and make the staff changes required if he’s going to stay. His play calling was horrendous at times last night. The offense isn’t working.
If he refuses, show him the door. He basically put himself in a position last night to where he’s got to prove he can run this program. Unwillingness to do so should result in termination after that speech.

We hired him for his offense. If you asking him to scrap his offense, you might as well scrap him. If we were gonna fire him after a loss last night, use his F you to the fans speech last night as the reason to let him go.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 07:13 AM
[i don?t understand how more of you are not mad about the way that PC went. He just told all of us that don?t believe in him anymore to go kick rocks. Like its our fault for not believing in him? Hes the guy that has failed. He doesnt even realize that hes failed- he thinks he has done as good as we could do. Thats not good when we are the ones paying the man (not the players).

msstate7
11-29-2019, 07:14 AM
Or they were inaccurate. It happens. Trust me, egos are too large around here for it to die over a bravado filled rumor.

AJ Brown commitment comes to mind.

Certainly people get things wrong, but you do realize you went back 4 years on AJ? If that's all you could come up with, the "insiders" must be doing pretty well. With that said, after all the "done deal" talk yesterday, the insiders here should be trashed hard if Moorhead is back...

msstate7
11-29-2019, 07:15 AM
[i don?t understand how more of you are not mad about the way that PC went. He just told all of us that don?t believe in him anymore to go kick rocks. Like its our fault for not believing in him? He?s gbe guy that has failed. He doesn?t even realize that he?s failed. That?s not good.

I sorta think that speech is the speech of a man that knows he's headed out and shot double birds to us (fanbase).

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 07:18 AM
We hired him for his offense. If you asking him to scrap his offense, you might as well scrap him. If we were gonna fire him after a loss last night, use his F you to the fans speech last night as the reason to let him go.

This is correct - I don’t understand why there is even an option to keep him after that crap. It’s one thing to stand up for your job but he has yet to take any of the blame for our failures. He put it squarely on the excuses and me and you can go kick rocks 7. I guess he doesn’t need my money and support.

hacker
11-29-2019, 07:19 AM

You sure have a vivid imagination and lack reading comprehension. I respect his reaction to all the pitchforks trying to run him out of town. Y'all were saying he lacked emotion and "needs a fire in his belly" not too long ago.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 07:20 AM
I sorta think that speech is the speech of a man that knows he's headed out and shot double birds to us (fanbase).

That shows his true character if that’s the case. His ignorance will be his downfall.

Cowbell
11-29-2019, 07:22 AM
You sure have a vivid imagination and lack reading comprehension. I respect his reaction to all the pitchforks trying to run him out of town. Y'all were saying he lacked emotion and "needs a fire in his belly" not too long ago.

Pitchforks are not the same as coolers full of cash.

BrunswickDawg
11-29-2019, 09:25 AM
[i don?t understand how more of you are not mad about the way that PC went. He just told all of us that don?t believe in him anymore to go kick rocks. Like its our fault for not believing in him? Hes the guy that has failed. He doesnt even realize that hes failed- he thinks he has done as good as we could do. Thats not good when we are the ones paying the man (not the players).

This is spot on. What has become apparent is he blames MSU for his shortcomings. And it comes out when he is pissed. Last night was like his comments last year when he said we didn't have a history of winning and should be glad with whatever we do win (paraphrasing). He treats us like the Mullen era never happened and we should have no expectations. As much as people dogged Mullen for "thinking he invented football" and was an arrogant ass, I never felt he publicly disrespected MSU by any of his comments. Moorhead has done that multiple times. Last night could have been done in a way that he stood up for himself, respected the program, and tried to bridge the gap with the fans. He went scorched earth.

trojandawg
11-29-2019, 09:46 AM
Yeah about the games and effort of the team not the fan base. Going all in against the fan base and the boosters is a sure fire way to get zero support.

bulldawg28
11-29-2019, 09:50 AM
This is spot on. What has become apparent is he blames MSU for his shortcomings. And it comes out when he is pissed. Last night was like his comments last year when he said we didn't have a history of winning and should be glad with whatever we do win (paraphrasing). He treats us like the Mullen era never happened and we should have no expectations. As much as people dogged Mullen for "thinking he invented football" and was an arrogant ass, I never felt he publicly disrespected MSU by any of his comments. Moorhead has done that multiple times. Last night could have been done in a way that he stood up for himself, respected the program, and tried to bridge the gap with the fans. He went scorched earth.

He definitely said "F" you to everyone listening. He also sounds like he knows he's getting fired and trying to paint a narrative everyone else is being unreasonable.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2019, 10:01 AM

Cowbell has been spot on about this. I'm pissed because Joe is down talking us and acting like our program can't do better than what he's doing. He's insulting us and telling us to F off, yet we have people saying they respect that shit?? Everyone should be fuming and emailing/tweeting/etc Cohen to make sure he knows that the clowns letting Joe slap them in the face while they smile and say thanks, dont speak for the majority that want Joe's disrespectful ass out of here. F that guy. He's not bigger than our program, our fan base, or our team. If he thinks we should just be grateful for his 6 wins "Bc MSU sucks historically" he can kiss my ass. Our program has and WILL do better than his unprepared, sloppy ass.

Celebrating a win that 4-8 Ole Miss gave us like its a CFP berth? Get the F out of here. Bastard thinks we're stupid and some are proving him right.