PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else

CadaverDawg
11-28-2019, 02:23 PM
feeling a little nervous about so much confidence is these rumors and so much agreement that Napier is a great hire?

As a lifelong State fan, it makes me feel like we're in for a big let down. Please don't screw this up, Cohen. Napier + Shoop would make me pretty wooly.

civildawg
11-28-2019, 02:25 PM
I would like to know who these rumored big time coordinators are. Even if we don?t get them i am interested in who they are

dawgday166
11-28-2019, 02:27 PM
The Napier + Shoop makes me wooly too ... which scares me. But I don't think it will be worse than what we have and by a good bit ... which ain't saying too much other than we ain't quite Arky yet. I'm hoping Napier and Shoop click.

Coach34
11-28-2019, 02:29 PM
There is still some middlemen out there saying Chizik. I just refuse to believe that is who we are hiring

OLJWales
11-28-2019, 02:33 PM
ESPN reporting the Rutgers / Schiano deal ain't quite dead:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28179944/reports-rutgers-optimistic-reach-agreement-greg-schiano

FriarsPoint
11-28-2019, 02:35 PM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28179944/reports-rutgers-optimistic-reach-agreement-greg-schiano

Right on que.

Coursesuper
11-28-2019, 02:35 PM

Rutgers has nothing to do with this. Just stop following that unless you?re just really into Rutgers.

Really Clark?
11-28-2019, 04:54 PM
There is still some middlemen out there saying Chizik. I just refuse to believe that is who we are hiring

I think Chizik name is out there wanting to get back into coaching and that is part of why his name is continuously getting play. I think it’s more likely he ends up as a DC somewhere or a smaller school HC.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2019, 04:56 PM

Irrelevant

DownwardDawg
11-28-2019, 04:56 PM
feeling a little nervous about so much confidence is these rumors and so much agreement that Napier is a great hire?

As a lifelong State fan, it makes me feel like we're in for a big let down. Please don't screw this up, Cohen. Napier + Shoop would make me pretty wooly.

Yes. Especially the longer the day gets. I have a sinking feeling. Hopefully it’s the the years of being a State fan wearing on me!!!

shoeless joe
11-28-2019, 05:02 PM
yes I feel similar...

But as long as jomo is gone by tomorrow it’s a win for us

msbulldog
11-28-2019, 05:09 PM

CDawg, as another lifelong fan 1968 (8 years old) I have seen really bad times! If Napier is the choice and I think he is, he will get us back on track to the team we are accustomed to be. His ULL team is tough and hard nosed, he has coached in the best programs Alabama and Clemson. Get a positive attitude we're going to be on the upswing again!

msstate7
11-28-2019, 05:10 PM
yes I feel similar...

But as long as jomo is gone by tomorrow it’s a win for us

I just want Moorhead gone too

msbulldog
11-28-2019, 05:12 PM
Everybody BULLDOG UP!

msudawg1200
11-28-2019, 05:13 PM

I’m going to reserve my judgement on a “great hire” until whoever is hired actually coaches a few games or more. Anything, I mean anything, has to be better than what we have.

shoeless joe
11-28-2019, 05:18 PM
I just want Moorhead gone too

I really don’t think people realize how terrible a job he’s done.

RocketDawg
11-28-2019, 05:22 PM
I’m going to reserve my judgement on a “great hire” until whoever is hired actually coaches a few games or more. Anything, I mean anything, has to be better than what we have.

Regardless of who it is, there may not be instant success. Frost at Nebraska is 5-6 this year (same record as Joe so far) after being undefeated at P5 Central Florida.

msstate7
11-28-2019, 05:24 PM
I really don’t think people realize how terrible a job he’s done.

He should be in prison right now for robbing us of a NY6 bowl last season

FriarsPoint
11-28-2019, 05:25 PM
Regardless of who it is, there may not be instant success. Frost at Nebraska is 5-6 this year (same record as Joe so far) after being undefeated at P5 Central Florida.

All due respect, apples/oranges.

Mobile Bay
11-28-2019, 05:26 PM
Clemson was not good during his term there. While he was there they almost fired Dabo.

msstate7
11-28-2019, 05:26 PM
All due respect, apples/oranges.

Yep. Now next year is show-me for Frost, Chip kelly, and jimbo

OLJWales
11-28-2019, 05:37 PM
Rutgers has nothing to do with this. Just stop following that unless you?re just really into Rutgers.

understood. . Was just saying . thought it was interesting regarding do we pay him off or not.

Really Clark?
11-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Clemson was not good during his term there. While he was there they almost fired Dabo.

Now tell the complete history. His first year was great and they set the single season record in scoring during Dabo?s first full season for Clemson. He was excellent as interim and first year as OC full time. The second year was bad and Dabo was on the hot seat. But that team had other issues as well. Fired Kevin Steele the following season as DC and he was still somewhat had a warm seat for losing to USCe. That was also 10 years ago...coaches have blemishes and some very successful coaches have worse blemishes than Napier

DLGDawg
11-28-2019, 06:02 PM

I refuse to believe it also. You said they sometimes give you information to gauge the fan base reaction. If ?whoever? was watching the reaction when his name was dropped...then they should know that most were like WTH and the fans may revolt.

Todd4State
11-28-2019, 06:20 PM
I really don?t think people realize how terrible a job he?s done.

I hope we find out. In a good way.

Todd4State
11-28-2019, 06:22 PM
Now tell the complete history. His first year was great and they set the single season record in scoring during Dabo?s first full season for Clemson. He was excellent as interim and first year as OC full time. The second year was bad and Dabo was on the hot seat. But that team had other issues as well. Fired Kevin Steele the following season as DC and he was still somewhat had a warm seat for losing to USCe. That was also 10 years ago...coaches have blemishes and some very successful coaches have worse blemishes than Napier

If he’s bringing in his own coordinators as rumored and let’s them do their thing I’m not worried about Clemson ten years ago.