PDA

View Full Version : The new post game rules for the Egg...............

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2019, 12:29 AM
SUCK. The winner deserves to celebrate ON THE FIELD. It doesn't matter who is the home team. Shame on whoever came up with that crap. My guess is it is the SEC office. If it's us, WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT MARK. If you came up with it....you need to be GONE.

bluelightstar
11-28-2019, 12:40 AM
It is totally rational and reasonable to fire a university president over where one of two .500 or below teams celebrates winning a football game.

I think the policy is silly, but the social media outrage is excessive.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2019, 12:53 AM
It is totally rational and reasonable to fire a university president over where one of two .500 or below teams celebrates winning a football game.

I think the policy is silly, but the social media outrage is excessive.

It's not. This kind of stuff is what college football is MADE of. My guess is this totally came from the SEC. My guess is that both sides are not allowed to say so. Own up to it SEC. It SUCKS. It's a rivalry game. The winner deserves to celebrate on the field. It's an awesome rivalry, why are you trying to kill it? I bet if Saban wanted to celebrate beating Auburn on the field at Auburn, you idiots would not only approve, you would pay to televise it.

Todd4State
11-28-2019, 01:02 AM
I’m pretty sure that this is what Sankey, Cohen, and Bjork came up with to de-escalate the “toxic” stuff.

In other words Ole Miss got their feelings hurt because Simmons stuck our flag on their 50 yard line and now we have to do this silliness.

And yeah I think it’s dumb as well.

parabrave
11-28-2019, 01:21 AM
Where was the outrage from some player pissing in the opponents endzone?

Todd4State
11-28-2019, 01:54 AM
Where was the outrage from some player pissing in the opponents endzone?

There wasn’t any because we manned up and kicked their ass the next year.

You know- like you’re supposed to.

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2019, 06:02 AM
Double post

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2019, 06:03 AM
One of the best things about the EB is the trophy parade. However the Trophy to the locker room for the winning visitor is probably a good idea for now.

Let?s be honest, pissing on pylons and planting flags are in your face antagonizing things to do. That stuff needs to stop.

However, I don’t see how this will stop pylon pissing and flag planting. It may ramp up flag planting at there is no trophy to distract the players.

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2019, 07:22 AM
This is what creates toxicity. When people blame others for their mistakes and don’t accept responsibility

http://https://twitter.com/bryan_ctp/status/1199453281031995399?s=21 (https://twitter.com/bryan_ctp/status/1199453281031995399?s=21)

Schultzy
11-28-2019, 08:15 AM
Are there any new rules for pre-game behavior for the teams?

I think this new rule is appropriate considering the on field behavior of the teams for several years and theirs has been worse but ours not good either.

I’d like to see the yearly pre game line-up at mid field trash talk mini-brawl go away so I’m glad Sankey got the ball rolling on trying to end this crap.

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2019, 08:34 AM
This is all about the trophy. They can still celebrate and act a fool on the field. Now I am going to suggest something that no one has ever done or ever thought about. What if we did a Trophy Presentation? I know, its radical. It has never been done before, so I am not sure how we would do it. Maybe have a temporary stage and have the athletic director of said school present it to the winning team's MVP for the game.

I believe it could work. The new rules seemed like a better solution that happens with even the superbowl trophy.**

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2019, 08:35 AM
Players sprinting down the field before the game is over and acting a fool is classless. OM did it first, we did it last year. That display is disrespectful and dammit, both sides need to show a little respect.

But they broke Fitz ankle, so 17 them.

War Machine Dawg
11-28-2019, 09:05 AM
I don't agree with firing Keenum for it. I'm sure the Northern Miss sympathizer Sankey and the SEC Office came up with this bullshit. They're a bunch of wusses. The Egg deserves to be on the field, period. We should give them the finger and have it on the field anyway.

And if the game is "too toxic" (and I don't think it is), it is because Northern Miss made it that way. Rampant cheating and playing what amounts to hired mercs for years, players talking shit, players celebrating by pretending to hike their leg like a dog, admin talking shit, intentionally trying to injure our players...hell, we could all run down the list. It's a rivalry game. There's always going to be high emotions and fights. Nature of the beast. If the SEC Office can't understand that, 17 'em.

R2Dawg
11-28-2019, 09:07 AM
Why couldn't Olemiss fix this with Sankey. We are not their rival anyway, what is the big deal.

msbulldog
11-28-2019, 09:15 AM
What is this new rule ya'll are talking about and where can I read it? The SEC cannot fire our President, only the IHL can do that. We can come closer to firing Sankey as voting members of the SEC.

Dawgology
11-28-2019, 09:23 AM
17 it. Just have the student storm the field afterward.