PDA

View Full Version : Gene Chizik

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 05:39 PM
I have no insight but obviously see his name coming up time and time again.

Let's say the administration jams him down our throats and we're forced to find the positives with him in order to have hope. Where would that optimism come from? Why could he POTENTIALLY be the right guy for us ?

This is not a thread about whether or not we SHOULD or WILL hire him. This is a thread about what are his positives, concerns, and what will MSU be getting.

Admittedly, I know he won the Natty at but it feels like he was in and out of there so fast, that we truly never got to know him.

Off the cuff, this hire would seem a little like the Sherrill hire. Recent Mack Brown and Herm Edwards hires seem to be having some success. Experienced, highly successful CEO type coach that ran into to issues.

- what were those issues?

- what type of offense would he run?

- What type of defense?

- What type of recruiter would he be?

- who would be his 1st and biggest staff hire?

basedog
11-27-2019, 05:46 PM
No way do I believe this rumor, I got $600 V cash, who's in on the bet?

MetEdDawg
11-27-2019, 05:46 PM
He would push us in recruiting. That would be probably the biggest benefit.

I think as a person that's been different places in the country including the SEC, he has a ton of exposure to big time college football. Has had some success on that level as well.

I also think he would be able to significantly upgrade us at position coach. To me that's one of the crap shoots with young up and coming coaches. They typically don't have the connections to bring in solid, proven assistants. They have to bring in guys they know from a lower level of football. Chizik could do much better than that.

I think the biggest concern would be team growth and coaching in general. He would need a kick ass OC and I'm not sure who that would be. Could it be Rhett Lashlee? Someone else? The OC question and overall coaching of players in general would be the biggest concerns I would have.

basedog
11-27-2019, 05:47 PM

I think as a person that's been different places in the country including the SEC, he has a ton of exposure to big time college football. Has had some success on that level as well.

I also think he would be able to significantly upgrade us at position coach. To me that's one of the crap shoots with young up and coming coaches. They typically don't have the connections to bring in solid, proven assistants. They have to bring in guys they know from a lower level of football. Chizik could do much better than that.

I think the biggest concern would be team growth and coaching in general. He would need a kick ass OC and I'm not sure who that would be. Could it be Rhett Lashlee? Someone else? The OC question and overall coaching of players in general would be the biggest concerns I would have.

You just made me throw up***

just say no!

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 05:47 PM
No way do I believe this rumor, I got $600 V cash, who's in on the bet?

Not the point of this thread. Take that shot somewhere else.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 05:48 PM
You just made me throw up***

just say no!

Can you please follow directions and not ruin the thread.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around this potential but am having trouble

basedog
11-27-2019, 05:49 PM
Not the point of this thread. Take that shot somewhere else.

Why should I, it's a message board, you've done this 28,107, stay in your lane**

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 05:50 PM

Rhett Laslee. Interesting

Good points on the position coaches

basedog
11-27-2019, 05:52 PM

So you will now Shotgun, I have a buddy who is a big Auburn "giver", the stories he told me about Gene was awful, he is not respected. As much as I would hate to see Bill Clark as HC I would take him over Gene.

May I add he also has bashed Msu in the past, no way for this guy!

confucius say
11-27-2019, 05:56 PM

You?re having trouble because it would be a sh*t hire. Just hire Houston dale Nutt.

Everybody just stay in your lane until this is done.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 05:57 PM
So you will now Shotgun, I have a buddy who is a big Auburn "giver", the stories he told me about Gene was awful, he is not respected. As much as I would hate to see Bill Clark as HC I would take him over Gene.

May I add he also has bashed Msu in the past, no way for this guy!

So I'll mark you down as having no optimism if he's hired.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 05:58 PM
You?re having trouble because it would be a sh*t hire. Just hire Houston dale Nutt.

Everybody just stay in your lane until this is done.

Another no optimism participant

basedog
11-27-2019, 05:59 PM
So I'll mark you down as having no optimism if he's hired.

Ask the Auburn folks, also he trashed us over the Cam deal and still does from time to time.

Not no, but hell NO!

confucius say
11-27-2019, 06:04 PM
Another no optimism participant

I would support him, but would not be optimistic

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 06:05 PM
Ask the Auburn folks, also he trashed us over the Cam deal and still does from time to time.

Not no, but hell NO!

I'm not vouching for him. Just trying to figure out the angle

OLJWales
11-27-2019, 06:07 PM
There are NO upsides to shit dick.

Indndawg
11-27-2019, 06:20 PM
Sometimes time away from coaching helps you change perspective. You analyze the things you've done wrong and go over how to run a program time and time again.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-27-2019, 06:33 PM
Sometimes time away from coaching helps you change perspective. You analyze the things you've done wrong and go over how to run a program time and time again.

Or you just delayed more shitty coaching. I'm gonna go with that.

Todd4State
11-27-2019, 06:41 PM

Not no, but hell NO!

This is enough for me. If we hire Chizik I seriously would consider not buying season tickets next year.

basedog
11-27-2019, 06:48 PM
Or you just delayed more shitty coaching. I'm gonna go with that.

+1

basedog
11-27-2019, 06:51 PM
This is enough for me. If we hire Chizik I seriously would consider not buying season tickets next year.

+1

As much as I love Msu for more years than a lot on here, it might end my relationship as well.

TheLostDawg
11-27-2019, 07:13 PM
He won't talk us down because he didn't get the job

was21
11-27-2019, 07:20 PM
Not turned off by Chizik at all..good candidate

Ifyouonlyknew
11-27-2019, 07:24 PM
Not turned off by Chizik at all..good candidate

In what way is he good? Outside of the Cam year his 5 other seasons he's 24-38 with a 9-31 Conference record. NINE & THIRTY-ONE. Please tell me how he's a good candidate? If you can sell me on this I'm hiring you as my spokesperson.

was21
11-27-2019, 07:27 PM
Has connections and would assemble a very capable staff and would be a CEO type of corch...can't wait..thx

basedog
11-27-2019, 07:29 PM
In what way is he good? Outside of the Cam year his 5 other seasons he's 24-38 with a 9-31 Conference record. NINE & THIRTY-ONE. Please tell me how he's a good candidate? If you can sell me on this I'm hiring you as my spokesperson.

Totally agree!!! I think overall it will be a major uproar! I’m done on this.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-27-2019, 07:43 PM
Has connections and would assemble a very capable staff and would be a CEO type of corch...can't wait..thx

So was his staff not capable at his 1st 2 stops? How did his CEO results work the last 2 stops? If I saw a CEO run 2 corporations into the ground I can't say that I'd be excited about him being my new CEO. To each it's own I guess.

msugolf
11-27-2019, 08:32 PM

Please stop. You're stupidity depresses me

OLJWales
11-27-2019, 09:51 PM
Shit dick is nothing more tha than a yes man to buying players like frrezus without the coaching abilities