PDA

View Full Version : So the CFP committee is setting up ...

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 05:02 PM
The all-SEC CFP final with Bama in playoffs. OSU has ho-hum win over PSU. LSU has beaten AU, FL, Bama@Bama and yet they fall to #2 in this week's poll.

So ... if they lose to Ga ... they out and Ga/Bama in. They beat Ga then LSU/Bama in. Either way you have LSU or Ga vs. Clemson and OSU vs Bama in two CFP semis.

Amazing how that works.

bulldog20
11-27-2019, 05:05 PM
I think if Georgia wins then you gotta go with Georgia & LSU still in CFP personally. Bama without Tua won't be as big of a ratings draw to me

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 05:08 PM
Just watch and see ... Bama gets in if Ga wins. LSU drops to 5. LSU will have the most recent loss. That's one of the reasons the CFP moved them down ... so they could drop them out of the top 4. I'd love to be wrong but ... I'd bet I ain't.

SEC will make sure Bama wins this weekend.

bulldog20
11-27-2019, 05:12 PM
You could be right, but these TV people are some money hungry SOB's too so that will play a part. Plus LSU would travel just as well as Bama due to the fact its been a while for them to be in the position. We shall see

Commercecomet24
11-27-2019, 05:13 PM
Heck Bama may not beat Auburn.

Thick
11-27-2019, 05:14 PM
LSU beat Texas at Texas to begin the season too

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 05:17 PM
Heck Bama may not beat Auburn.

I don't think they really should. With Tua out and at AU ... Big advantage AU. But Bama wins. Even tho Saban can't put a QB in the pros, every one plays like Joe Montana or Tom Brady when they need to ... every time.

Might see some very horrible officiating in that game.

bulldog20
LSU beat Texas at Texas to begin the season too

That's when Texas was back too haha. They left now

Commercecomet24
I don't think they really should. With Tua out and at AU ... Big advantage AU. But Bama wins. Even tho Saban can't put a QB in the pros, every one plays like Joe Montana or Tom Brady when they need to ... every time.

Might see some very horrible officiating in that game.

Lol yep

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 05:22 PM
You could be right, but these TV people are some money hungry SOB's too so that will play a part. Plus LSU would travel just as well as Bama due to the fact its been a while for them to be in the position. We shall see

This is why Bama get to Final every year. The one Final without Bama in it ... no one really cared about much.

bulldog20
11-27-2019, 06:19 PM
This is why Bama get to Final every year. The one Final without Bama in it ... no one really cared about much.

I see both sides of it, but I think they may go LSU and Georgia if that scenario plays out just for ratings bump. It would be different knowing its not Bama and Clemson possibly for the 100th year in a row. Personally LSU vs Ohio State in Final would be a great matchup

Maroons
11-27-2019, 10:59 PM
Just watch and see ... Bama gets in if Ga wins. LSU drops to 5.

This will not happen. LSU will drop to #4 unless they get blown off the field in the SECCG. The Committee will value the H2H matchup too much, especially since LSU won on the road.

Skydawg1
11-27-2019, 11:54 PM
That's when Texas was back too haha. They left nowYep, Texas still sucks.

R2Dawg
11-28-2019, 09:22 AM
This will not happen. LSU will drop to #4 unless they get blown off the field in the SECCG. The Committee will value the H2H matchup too much, especially since LSU won on the road.

Agree with this. I think they are playing games with OSU so if OSU loses in Big10 game they still get in at 4. I think LSU gets in even with a loss due to their schedule and who they would lose to. They are still trying to keep Bama right there as well. Utah wins or OK wins they should be in ahead of Bama regardless.