PDA

View Full Version : If it is a coach that is currently coaching.....

Jack Lambert
11-27-2019, 02:49 PM
I could understand the secrecy but if it is a coach who is not coaching why not spill the beans? So I figure and I am really hoping it's not Cheesnick.

civildawg
11-27-2019, 02:56 PM
I hope our fan base pulls a clay travis if it?s chizik or grantham. Those are awful head coach choices

sbt45
11-27-2019, 03:05 PM
I hope our fan base pulls a clay travis if it?s chizik or grantham. Those are awful head coach choices

Don?t understand this. No way in Hayell Cohen would hire either of those. I?d bet a lot of money Billy Napier will be our next coach.

Johnson85
11-27-2019, 03:09 PM

AGree with Chizik. Don't about Grantham, at least as far as fans revolting. I wouldn't be excited about Grantham, but he's a successful P5 coordinator and hasn't been a terrible head coach. Hiring him wouldn't be as ridiculous as hiring Chizik.

bulldog20
11-27-2019, 04:14 PM
AGree with Chizik. Don't about Grantham, at least as far as fans revolting. I wouldn't be excited about Grantham, but he's a successful P5 coordinator and hasn't been a terrible head coach. Hiring him wouldn't be as ridiculous as hiring Chizik.

Grantham hasn't ever been a head coach though. We would taking a big chance on that aspect

KB21
11-27-2019, 04:24 PM
Grantham hasn't ever been a head coach though. We would taking a big chance on that aspect

You are taking a chance regardless, but Grantham knows the SEC and knows Mississippi State.

TheLostDawg
11-27-2019, 04:32 PM
If it is Napier, how long does he stay?I feel like His would stay as long as we matched bids or at least we wouldn't worry about him job searching each post season. Do we have to worry about Napier pulling a Mullen?

FriarsPoint
11-27-2019, 04:34 PM
If it is Napier, how long does he stay?I feel like His would stay as long as we matched bids or at least we wouldn't worry about him job searching each post season. Do we have to worry about Napier pulling a Mullen?

At some point, maybe, the difference would be he wouldn’t check out before the season was over.

bulldog20
11-27-2019, 04:35 PM
You are taking a chance regardless, but Grantham knows the SEC and knows Mississippi State.

Yea I agree with that, but right now if we take a chance on someone who has been a coordinator their whole career and it bottoms out then we look terrible. There are plenty of coaches who know the SEC, but doesn't guarantee success either way. Personally, I would go with Dave Clawson as the choice. Who knows how the potential hire turns out, but your odds of getting back to the limited success we had under Mullen go up by going after someone that has atleast been a head coach before. Just my thoughts

1bigdawg
11-27-2019, 05:05 PM
I am not a fan of the Napier idea because he is campaigning for the job. To me that means he will be doing it again in two years if he is successful here.

I understand that coaches have careers and move along, but I got tired of the constantly looking coach when Mullen did it.

Bubb Rubb
11-27-2019, 05:08 PM
I am not a fan of the Napier idea because he is campaigning for the job. To me that means he will be doing it again in two years if he is successful here.

I understand that coaches have careers and move along, but I got tired of the constantly looking coach when Mullen did it.

If this is the case, you aren't going to be a fan of any coach that's worth having.

BTW, pretty sure Napier is the guy. But they still have season beyond this weekend before he would be announced. It could string out longer than most of us would like.

Pinto
11-27-2019, 05:15 PM
Somebody said Kyle Whitingham today????!

defiantdog
11-27-2019, 05:44 PM
Somebody said Kyle Whitingham today????!
That ship has sailed

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-27-2019, 05:49 PM
That ship has sailed

And allegedly he was only using us for a raise.

HailStateSZN19
11-27-2019, 05:51 PM
I’m sticking with my original guess, I think it’s Norvell.

TNDawg35
11-27-2019, 06:51 PM
I’m sticking with my original guess, I think it’s Norvell.

Norvelle told Ark he wasn’t interested after meeting with them and is all in on the FSU job. However, FSU has set their sights on James Franklin and is gonna throw the bank at him. If he turns it down, then Norvelle has a shot...

Really Clark?
11-27-2019, 07:13 PM
Norvelle told Ark he wasn’t interested after meeting with them and is all in on the FSU job. However, FSU has set their sights on James Franklin and is gonna throw the bank at him. If he turns it down, then Norvelle has a shot...

Brian Kelly has been more consistently linked to FSU than Franklin. Some believe Franklin has already told them no. I think Kelly may be using this for an extension. Norvell is all in for the FSU job but there is multiple coaches they are looking at.

TNDawg35
11-27-2019, 08:51 PM
Brian Kelly has been more consistently linked to FSU than Franklin. Some believe Franklin has already told them no. I think Kelly may be using this for an extension. Norvell is all in for the FSU job but there is multiple coaches they are looking at.

Kelley better be careful. Notre Dame would prolly let him go and throw the bus at Urban...

defiantdog
11-27-2019, 09:40 PM
I think y?all need to look at the potential supporting coaching staff more than the next head coach.

CadaverDawg
11-27-2019, 09:52 PM
I think y?all need to look at the potential supporting coaching staff more than the next head coach.

Yep.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-27-2019, 10:27 PM

Yep!

KB21
11-27-2019, 10:38 PM

Agree. This is why I am not sure that a guy like Bill Clark, who is a fantastic coach, is the right coach at this time. His connections to other coaches are very limited.

Dogfight
11-27-2019, 11:04 PM
I?m sticking with my original guess, I think it?s Norvell.

If it is Norvell, I want FSU to have hired their coach already. Nothing worse than announcing him and him going to Florida State a week later