PDA

View Full Version : WOULD GRANTHAM BE A GOOD HIRE?

Careypdawg
11-27-2019, 02:15 PM
I honestly think he would pick up and get us back rolling fast. He would be at the top of my list. Hire a really good OC and let KT and Shraeder battle it out in the spring.

ckDOG
11-27-2019, 02:20 PM
We could do worse but I really think our best move is hiring the best HC possible with an existing southern footprint and philosophy on offense that makes sense. So basically - hire Napier.

Bothrops
11-27-2019, 02:23 PM
Doubt it would work out, imo.

KOdawg1
11-27-2019, 02:23 PM
I think it's hard for a school like us to have success with a defensive guy as the HC. Yes the Bama's and LSU's of the world can do that bc whenever one of their OCs gets poached, they just go hire the next best one. Could we continue to replace OC after OC whenever they move on to bigger jobs? Bc if they're successful, it's going to happen.

I like Grantham, and he's tough and would instill toughness back into our program. He's a helluva lot better than what we have now. But I to me, hiring an offensive guy who maintains the same system is better than a defensive guy. DCs are more replaceable than OCs imo. Just my 2 cents

hacker
11-27-2019, 02:24 PM
Where is everyone getting Grantham?

DogsofAnarchy
11-27-2019, 02:30 PM
No he wouldn’t.

Careypdawg
11-27-2019, 02:33 PM
I would rather have a great defense and have a chance. Mullen could have beaten Bama several times, but he got conservative and lost it. Our elite d put us in position to win. Just because we hire a defensive head coach, it doesn’t mean out offense has to suck. Grantham has experience against a lot of offenses and he could get us a good OC. That being said, Norvell and Napier would potentially be good hires. Napier doesn’t have the experience to take a huge chance on I wouldn’t think. Cohen probably is very stressed out about this hire and I expect us to have a pretty safe hire. He knows Grantham very well.

TrapGame
11-27-2019, 02:34 PM
I like Grantham but we could do better. Grantham would be a very lackluster hire.

DogsofAnarchy
11-27-2019, 02:41 PM
I would rather have a great defense and have a chance. Mullen could have beaten Bama several times, but he got conservative and lost it. Our elite d put us in position to win. Just because we hire a defensive head coach, it doesn’t mean out offense has to suck. Grantham has experience against a lot of offenses and he could get us a good OC. That being said, Norvell and Napier would potentially be good hires. Napier doesn’t have the experience to take a huge chance on I wouldn’t think. Cohen probably is very stressed out about this hire and I expect us to have a pretty safe hire. He knows Grantham very well.

Cohen doesn’t have a choice in this matter.

Jack Lambert
11-27-2019, 02:45 PM
I rather have Cheesnick and I really don't want that guy either.

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 02:50 PM
I like Grantham but not as HC. I also think there is a little something to the 3rd and Grantham. His Ds are very predictable in certain situations IMO.

Coach34
11-27-2019, 02:58 PM
Grantham might be a very good hire and I enjoyed drinking beer with him. He is a damn good football coach. But it would be about as exciting as opening a box of animal crackers.

basedog
11-27-2019, 03:01 PM
All depends what his staff would look like, same for any Coach. I like him, might not be a "box of animal crackers" type Coach but he also could be a great motivator and it's all a crap shoot whoever we hire.

Coach34
11-27-2019, 03:07 PM
All depends what his staff would look like, same for any Coach. I like him, might not be a "box of animal crackers" type Coach but he also could be a great motivator and it's all a crap shoot whoever we hire.

I would support it 100%. It would certainly be all about who he would hire as OC. Not the exciting hire Dawgfan77 seems so giddy about.

HailStateSZN19
11-27-2019, 03:12 PM
I would support it 100%. It would certainly be all about who he would hire as OC. Not the exciting hire Dawgfan77 seems so giddy about.

Delete

Behrdawg
11-27-2019, 03:21 PM
Hire Grantham and give him $2m to get his OC. I'm all for it. He loved Starkville.

KB21
11-27-2019, 04:00 PM
Grantham might be a very good hire and I enjoyed drinking beer with him. He is a damn good football coach. But it would be about as exciting as opening a box of animal crackers.

I'm not interested in exciting or winning the press conference. I'm interested in getting the right coach for this program at this time. I think Grantham has to be considered.

basedog
11-27-2019, 06:04 PM

If we hire him, set up another beer drinking conversation with him and I would like to be involved, I quit drinking a while back but I'd have a few. I like him and his style on D, it's all about who would be on the offensive side he could get. I think he would be ok to work with, his coaches on D seem to communicate and get along well.