PDA

View Full Version : Urban

preachermatt83
11-27-2019, 11:46 AM
Come on down!!! If we gonna wish, wish big!!

Fader21
11-27-2019, 11:47 AM
New report today that USC is thinking of keeping Helton.... It would be a big FU to Mullen

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 11:51 AM
He's really the only "Howland type" hire I could think of off top of my head, although Chiz may fit that bill to some degree. No way it's Urban tho.

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2019, 11:53 AM
He's really the only "Howland type" hire I could think of off top of my head, although Chiz may fit that bill to some degree. No way it's Urban tho.

Mark Richt

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 11:54 AM
Mark Richt

I did think of him too but ... still doesn't qualify IMO as a Howland type hire. And if it is Richt, I'll be disappointed. We need a harder edge to a coach.

preachermatt83
11-27-2019, 11:55 AM
I would love Mark Richt

Liverpooldawg
11-27-2019, 11:57 AM
New report today that USC is thinking of keeping Helton.... It would be a big FU to Mullen

I hope not but Mullen wasn't a serious option there. The two names you hear are Urban and James Franklin.

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 12:00 PM
I would love Mark Richt

He's not the answer for MSU. He challenged Saban only 1 year with Ga's recruiting advantages and talent. Plus, with leaving the U he burnt out I'm thinking.

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2019, 12:00 PM
I did think of him too but ... still doesn't qualify IMO as a Howland type hire. And if it is Richt, I'll be disappointed. We need a harder edge to a coach.

Why not? Howland was a Final Four coach - not a NC winning coach. Same with Richt. Richt's big disadvantage is they didn't have a playoff until late in his career or he would have had at least 2 if not 3 appearances.

KB21
11-27-2019, 12:02 PM

I hear what you are saying, but you don't have to be a jerk, hardass, or have a hard edge to run a disciplined program.

Negative Waves
11-27-2019, 12:04 PM

Bob Stoops is the other big name that I think is not coaching right now. I would highly doubt that it's him either.

BrunswickDawg
He's not the answer for MSU. He challenged Saban only 1 year with Ga's recruiting advantages and talent. Plus, with leaving the U he burnt out I'm thinking.

I think the U was a totally different animal then what he thought it would be.
And right now, this isn't about challenging Saban - because if we base our decision on that we won't find a candidate anywhere.

BrunswickDawg
Bob Stoops is the other big name that I think is not coaching right now. I would highly doubt that it's him either.

He's running an XFL team

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 12:06 PM
Why not? Howland was a Final Four coach - not a NC winning coach. Same with Richt. Richt's big disadvantage is they didn't have a playoff until late in his career or he would have had at least 2 if not 3 appearances.

I hear what you are saying, but you don't have to be a jerk, hardass, or have a hard edge to run a disciplined program.

I hear y'all and I like Richt. But if it's between Chiz and Richt ... I'll take Chiz. Chiz is paying attention to what Ogre is doing at LSU, plus he more of a cutthroat recruiting wise. Richt IMO plays too strictly by the rules.

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2019, 12:14 PM
I hear y'all and I like Richt. But if it's between Chiz and Richt ... I'll take Chiz. Chiz is paying attention to what Ogre is doing at LSU, plus he more of a cutthroat recruiting wise. Richt IMO plays too strictly by the rules.

UGA fan's Bama envy has clouded a lot of people's perceptions about Richt. He is a damn good coach, learned from one of the best, and won at a high level. He recruited at a high level too. Was it Bama level or what Kirby is doing with the Saban model? No. But he knows the game, and plays it. UGA has a machine too you know. And Richt played it well enough people think that he's clean. That's a positive not a negative.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2019, 12:16 PM
Chiz, Richt, Napier, Norvell, Grantham, the Pirate, Jim Tressell, Meyer, Franklin, whomever.... I don't care. I want someone to come in here and challenge the damn team to fist fight. Someone needs to fire these guys up.

Edited to Add.... Hud.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2019, 12:17 PM
UGA fan's Bama envy has clouded a lot of people's perceptions about Richt. He is a damn good coach, learned from one of the best, and won at a high level. He recruited at a high level too. Was it Bama level or what Kirby is doing with the Saban model? No. But he knows the game, and plays it. UGA has a machine too you know. And Richt played it well enough people think that he's clean. That's a positive not a negative.

Also, Kirby hasn't done one thing that Richt hasn't done.

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 12:19 PM

Not saying Richt isn't a good coach .. cause he is. Just saying I don't think he fits well with MSU. JMO tho .. but I would be skeptical of that hire. No matter who is hired tho ... I'm going to still be cautiously optimistic at best. MSU is a tough job and requires extra work than most.

MetEdDawg
11-27-2019, 12:22 PM
Also, Kirby hasn't done one thing that Richt hasn't done.

Except play in a national title game

I seen it dawg
11-27-2019, 12:22 PM
Chiz, Richt, Napier, Norvell, Grantham, the Pirate, Jim Tressell, Meyer, Franklin, whomever.... I don't care. I want someone to come in here and challenge the damn team to fist fight. Someone needs to fire these guys up.

Edited to Add.... Hud.

Grantham.......(zipped lip emoji)

TrapGame
11-27-2019, 12:24 PM
Richt has legit health concerns. Nice guy, decent coach but I think his time has passed.

trojandawg
11-27-2019, 12:44 PM
A lot of that has to do with Helton's contract and all the other scandals they have been dealing with as university. Meyer to USC was going to be a tough pull with some of scandal that forced him out at Ohio State. They have had scandal related to sexual abuse by a campus doctor then all the bribery stuff. Lot's of leadership changes. It's been a mess and lots of emails in my inbox from the university about making positive changes. I know the alumni would love Meyer, but i just don't think it will happen because of the new president's mission to clean things up. USC isn't the same university it was even 10 years ago. Helton's contract i think was also very stupid with a lot of money guaranteed. they may wait another year and see what happens. The boosters may be ready though. They are very tired of not being in the playoff.

DLGDawg
11-27-2019, 01:16 PM
Grantham.......(zipped lip emoji)

ISID has spoken.