PDA

View Full Version : Be open minded on chiz

preachermatt83
11-27-2019, 10:52 AM
I?m not adamantly opposed to Chizik. Guy can recruit. He?s willing to play the recruiting game and with the right offensive staff can be successful

msstatelp1
11-27-2019, 10:56 AM
If we hire Chizik I'm done with MSU football until he leaves. He can't play the same "recruiting" game here as he did there and it will put us in NCAA crosshairs.

chaodawg
11-27-2019, 10:56 AM
Chizik would not excited me either! I would be done!

CovertDawg
11-27-2019, 10:57 AM
6 seasons as a head coach and ONE season where he had a winning conference record. I am pretty sure it is just a joke because it would be insanity to hire him.

TrapGame
11-27-2019, 10:57 AM
No. Just no.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-27-2019, 10:58 AM
I?m not adamantly opposed to Chizik. Guy can recruit. He?s willing to play the recruiting game and with the right offensive staff can be successful

If you're trying to justify Chiz I know I'm on the right side of the line.

Homedawg
11-27-2019, 10:59 AM
If we hire Chizik I'm done with MSU football until he leaves. He can't play the same "recruiting" game here as he did there and it will put us in NCAA crosshairs.

Oh how naive some are......

DLGDawg
11-27-2019, 10:59 AM

I just read the Jensen article on Moorhead to Rutgers. After reading all that positive spin...I was ready to just keep Joe. (Not really ha).

But that?s all it is ....spin.
It will be the same with Chizik. The spin would make it sound great. But in reality he?s not a good coach.

msstate7
11-27-2019, 11:02 AM
Chizik would be great from an entertainment prospective here

HailStateSZN19
11-27-2019, 11:03 AM
Hell no on Chiz....

ckDOG
11-27-2019, 11:04 AM
No

msstatelp1
11-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Oh how naive some are......

I'm not saying we don't play the game but we don't do it to the extent or as well as Auburn. The NCAA couldn't get to him at Auburn and if any of those investigators are still around they may take another shot at him ala Jackie Sherrill.

Bubb Rubb
11-27-2019, 11:10 AM

I will not even debate this. There is a better chance that Sean Payton gets hired than Gene Chizik.

confucius say
11-27-2019, 11:11 AM
Hail. No.

Negative Waves
11-27-2019, 11:15 AM
Look at his stint at Iowa State instead of Auburn. That's what we would get if we hired him.

Jack Lambert
11-27-2019, 11:21 AM
If it is him I am going all 007 about him. I will be banned at that point.

Captain Falcon
11-27-2019, 11:23 AM
Chizik would get himself and John Cohen fired within three years.

Brahmabull
11-27-2019, 11:42 AM
Chizik would get himself and John Cohen fired within three years.

May be the most foretelling statement made on this board in a long time!

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2019, 11:45 AM
May be the most foretelling statement made on this board in a long time!

Yeah, and Coach O will be terrible at LSU.
You guys are so short sighted. I like Chiz. If it is who we get, great. Their is a scenario where he gets the team straightened out and we start seeing progress.
He can get talent. He can hire an offensive coaching staff that you know... will be allowed to coach and coordinate the game. One thing you can say about chiz, none of his teams were soft.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-27-2019, 11:48 AM
You guys are so short sighted. I like Chiz. If it is who we get, great. Their is a scenario where he gets the team straightened out and we start seeing progress.
He can get talent. He can hire an offensive coaching staff that you know... will be allowed to coach and coordinate the game. One thing you can say about chiz, none of his teams were soft.

Yep he had the toughest 0-8 team in SEC history. I hear they put that banner up right beside the Cam National Championship banner & they slap it every time they leave out the locker room.

coachnorm
11-27-2019, 12:04 PM
I don't want to come across as as echoing myself but sometimes a coach wakes up and he is no longer a good coach, he was good yesterday. Then, all of a sudden another coach wakes up and he has evolved into a good coach today? I believe that there is another Herman Edwards available, do we have the capability to find him? Remember, USC was a total dumpster fire with Hacket before Pete Carroll was hired?

BigDawg81
11-27-2019, 12:07 PM
If we hire Chizik then we are not serious with football.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2019, 12:12 PM
Look, I don't care who they name. People better get on board. UT, Ark, Missouri, etc all show us what fan division gets ya. We need a coach to come in here, be competitive in every game, average 8-4 over the first 3 seasons, and earn everyone to follow them. Even then, people will be throwing shade.

Captain Falcon
11-27-2019, 12:37 PM

Orgeron is the exception to the rule. Most coaches do not get drastically better in their careers, they kinda are what they are. Chizik did not succeed at Iowa State and he tanked big time after Cam won him a national title. He didn?t even succeed as North Carolina?s defensive coordinator a few years ago. Him coming here and being a success would be a big surprise based on his track record.

trojandawg
11-27-2019, 12:39 PM
doesn't really fire me up either. outside of Cam Newton he has done nothing. to fire JO and hire Chizik would just be extremely underwhelming.

FISHDAWG
11-27-2019, 12:39 PM

and who has negotiated better with the NCAA than Chiz ? .... and OM didn't negotiate - they fought

MarketingBully
11-27-2019, 12:56 PM
Chiz has to be a smokescreen/joke. I’d rather keep Moorhead. Hud, Napier, Clark. Those are three solid names that would be successful here. I’d also take a shot first at the WF and Memphis coaches then get one of the three above. Chiz wouldn’t be successful here. Hell he was winless in the SEC two years after winning the NC. He also failed at ISU.

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 01:05 PM
If yall think Moorhead has divided the fanbase, then you havent seen anything if we hire Chiz. Nothing in his resume besides buying Cam, shows he has any chance of success. It would be worse than his introduction to Auburn fans at the airport. It would be a catastrophically bad hire.