PDA

View Full Version : Gentleman the wheels are in motion

Pages : [1] 2

Dawgfan77
11-27-2019, 09:42 AM
We have some good news coming. Football bout to be fun again!!!

Ifyouonlyknew
11-27-2019, 09:49 AM
Chizik is calling realtors in Starkville. We're back baby we're back!

Commercecomet24
11-27-2019, 09:50 AM

Rep lol!

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 09:50 AM
Still gotta make the right hire.

Getting rid of Moorhead alone doesn't make football fun again

shoeless joe
11-27-2019, 09:53 AM
Still gotta make the right hire.

Getting rid of Moorhead alone doesn't make football fun again

It goes a long way tho...

CadaverDawg
11-27-2019, 09:54 AM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/p0RDMJGgMXF96/giphy.gif

msstate7
It goes a long way tho...

Amen

BeardoMSU

https://media1.tenor.com/images/22856b941e20033c840605ba5ec22f1a/tenor.gif?itemid=5656800

Churchill
I got a call about an hour ago. Very good source with very good news. My hopes are officially up.

Thick
11-27-2019, 09:55 AM
It’s a done deal already.

Dawgfan77
11-27-2019, 09:56 AM

Just to be clear ISID and 34 brought Cizz up not myself

Really Clark?
11-27-2019, 09:57 AM
Wheels are not just in motion, they have reached max speed and cruising to the finish line.

KB21
11-27-2019, 09:58 AM
Wheels are not just in motion, they have reached max speed and cruising to the finish line.

Do we have any confidence on names yet?

Commercecomet24
11-27-2019, 09:58 AM

This. The sun is about to rise again in Starkvegas! Hallelujah!

fader2103
11-27-2019, 10:00 AM
Bear Bryant is being unthawed!!!!!

StarkVegasSteve
Alright I'll bite, is it from any of the main names that have been mentioned over the past 3 days?

Thick
Yep, but no way in hell am I dropping THE name. No more names, it’s done, just one.

Ifyouonlyknew

I know I was just joking. So now you guys can let the world know who the new MSU HC is.

Sienfield
11-27-2019, 10:02 AM
So when will us little people get the news?

Commercecomet24
11-27-2019, 10:03 AM

Yeah I think IYOK forgot these *****

Thick
I really cannot due to family reasons. People that know me personally know why, plus it’s out of respect as well.

KentuckyDawg13
Why not? Do you all think posting THE NAME on an obscure message board is going to affect the outcome of a hire?!

LOL!

DLGDawg
11-27-2019, 10:05 AM
I know I was just joking. So now you guys can let the world know who the new MSU HC is.

If it?s not supposed to get out yet....then pleeeeezzzeee keep your fingers in your pocket. 😂Resist the temptation!!!!

RezDog7
11-27-2019, 10:06 AM
So does this mean we should put our life savings on OM? No way we win this game while the coaches and players at MSU know there's about to be a change. I just can't see us winning this game with all the off field distractions.

Dawgfan77
11-27-2019, 10:10 AM
So does this mean we should put our life savings on OM? No way we win this game while the coaches and players at MSU know there's about to be a change. I just can't see us winning this game with all the off field distractions.
It?s win win. All I am saying

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2019, 10:11 AM

It'd be the ultimate 17 you to beat them with a lameduck

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2019, 10:12 AM

I hope he is brining Cam with him if that is the case.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2019, 10:12 AM
It'd be the ultimate 17 you to them to beat them with a lameduck

This is what I'm hoping for! You never know sometimes it fires up the players and coaches when they know its the last hurrah. Like I said a couple of days ago, win the Egg, get a bowl game and hire a new coach! Christmas come early!

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2019, 10:14 AM
Why not? Do you all think posting THE NAME on an obscure message board is going to affect the outcome of a hire?!

LOL!

Well, the name getting out before everything was final didn't help the Chris Petersen deal. Although we ended up getting Mullen so it wasn't a bad consolation prize.

Jack Lambert
11-27-2019, 10:14 AM
I really cannot due to family reasons. People that know me personally know why, plus it’s out of respect as well.

If it Cheesnick I am not excited.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Well, the name getting out before everything was final didn't help the Chris Petersen deal. Although we ended up getting Mullen so it wasn't a bad consolation prize.

Yeah I think people are a little apprehensive because of this. The Peterson deal was blown because of the leak but getting Dan worked out pretty good.

KB21
11-27-2019, 10:17 AM
So, if you had to place odds on these three coaches, what would those odds be?

Mark Hudspeth
Billy Napier
Mike Norvell

Boodawg
11-27-2019, 10:17 AM
I’m with you there. Pls don’t let it be Chizik

Cowbell
11-27-2019, 10:18 AM
Can we at least get some hints to make this fun

RezDog7
11-27-2019, 10:19 AM
Hope we only beat OM by no more than 2. Then it's a win, win, win.

Really Clark?
11-27-2019, 10:20 AM
Do we have any confidence on names yet?

Personally, I?ve been told multiple names over the weeks as targets. I know Napier has been lobbying very hard for the job. I?ve been told 3 other names since Sat, some usual suspects that have mentioned and one that is a surprise. And yes I was also told about Chizik as well but ISID had posted about him about the same time.

msstate7
11-27-2019, 10:20 AM

Andrew Breiner... trying to keep continuity**

MrKotter
11-27-2019, 10:22 AM
If it Cheesnick I am not excited.
No. I will mail Cohen a weeks worth of my Newfoundland?s turds

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2019, 10:30 AM
Can we at least get some hints to make this fun

Agreed hints like did the coach ever at any time have cornrows, can the future coach bench press more than most of our players, things of that nature would be very helpful

TrapGame
11-27-2019, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I'd like a hint too. Is this new coach someone mentioned already on the board or completely out of left field?

Mobile Bay
11-27-2019, 10:34 AM
If it's Chizic I will be the first at the airport protesting.

Cowbell
11-27-2019, 10:37 AM
This could be an epic game of 20 questions

Rick Danko
11-27-2019, 10:45 AM
If it's Chizic I will be the first at the airport protesting.

We want a leader, not a loser. Fantastic entertainment at the time.

Drew2425
11-27-2019, 10:46 AM
Mike Leach is fun!

chaodawg
11-27-2019, 10:47 AM
Has Dave Clowsen from WF been mentioned?

SheltonChoked
11-27-2019, 10:50 AM

Fake News.

Everyone knows potential MSU coaches buy houses at Old Waverly.****

Cowbell
11-27-2019, 10:54 AM
It?s a done deal already.

Where have I heard this before

Mjoelner34
11-27-2019, 10:56 AM
Any timetable on this so I can know to be paying attention for breaking news? Sunday? Monday? If things go like I'm hoping, Moorhead to Rutgers breaks on Saturday and our new coach is announced Sunday with a press conference Monday.

KB21
11-27-2019, 11:05 AM
How about this? Without naming him, is this a coach that the entire fanbase will have no issues getting behind 100%?

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2019, 11:08 AM
How about this? Without naming him, is this a coach that the entire fanbase will have no issues getting behind 100%?

Well I don't know the name but I can tell you there will be people that won't like the new hire. We'll never be able to hire someone that 100% of people are behind. Let's just hope it's 75-80% of the fanbase that's in favor of the hire.

HailStateSZN19
11-27-2019, 11:09 AM
Silence so far from C34/Course/Cooter/Others in the know as far as any hints on who this could be....

Biguglyjoe

That kind of coach wouldn't fly here in a jet, he would descend from the heavens.

confucius say
It?s win win. All I am saying

Code for, joe is leaving on his own without us firing him and we already have the replacement in place.

shannondawg
11-27-2019, 11:11 AM
Wake me when this is over. I confused as to which insider to believe.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-27-2019, 11:13 AM
Geez, you guys are like preteen girls discussing the latest boy band.

Now that I got that out of the way, my money is on Norvell.

Negative Waves
11-27-2019, 11:14 AM

BOBBY WALLACE!!1!1!!! We'll probably end up with Rich Rod. That would be hilarious yet depressing at the same time.

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 11:15 AM
Silence so far from C34/Course/Cooter/Others in the know as far as any hints on who this could be....

That's why I started another thread on naming the coach. None of these guys will say crap, because they are simply loudmouths who want people to think they have inside information, which they dont. They could easily say who they know it to be, but when they are wrong the curtain gets pulled back on their bullshit. You wont see them say a word, but will be the first to tell you they knew it all along, but couldnt say for various reasons.

Coach34
11-27-2019, 11:17 AM
Nothing has changed on my end- heard we are 100% making a change and have our guy.

Jack Lambert
11-27-2019, 11:20 AM
Nothing has changed on my end- heard we are 100% making a change and have our guy.

The fact that Cohen has been totally dead silent about the whole situation makes me think something is up. Heck have not heard a peep out of him about anything the past two weeks. It's like he staying hidden to avoid having to answer any question or make a statement of any kind.

Coach34
11-27-2019, 11:21 AM
That's why I started another thread on naming the coach. None of these guys will say crap, because they are simply loudmouths who want people to think they have inside information, which they dont. They could easily say who they know it to be, but when they are wrong the curtain gets pulled back on their bullshit. You wont see them say a word, but will be the first to tell you they knew it all along, but couldnt say for various reasons.

You are already on record saying 100% JoVester will return. I'm on record with 100% we're making a change. We'll see what happens.

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 11:25 AM
You are already on record saying 100% JoVester will return. I'm on record with 100% we're making a change. We'll see what happens.

I said I think he should get another year, and stand behind that. Too many issues out of his control. But you are the one saying it's done. So come out with it.

SteelCurtain74
11-27-2019, 11:28 AM
I'm hearing in the ultimate coup we have snagged the one and only Matt Luke.

DogsofAnarchy
11-27-2019, 11:28 AM

C34....don?t argue with these people. MSU still has way to many Wait-an-See bleeding heart fans. He has poor ole whopped down MSU syndrome.

DogsofAnarchy
11-27-2019, 11:29 AM
I'm hearing in the ultimate coup we have snagged the one and only Matt Luke.

Touche’ Rep given!!

Dawgfan77
11-27-2019, 11:29 AM
Here?s the deal folks. We are Making a change and I?m not going to put my sources or the guy out there because all theses searches and quick hires can be fluid. I am super excited about the guy and I?m excited about us making a change mainly. Again if someone else wants to out the name cool. But I?m not gonna risk this falling apart because the name is leaked on a board. Just know change is coming and I?m sure the next 24 hours the name will get out as well as other changes along the landscape of college football.

Patience my friends

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 11:30 AM
I said I think he should get another year, and stand behind that. Too many issues out of his control. But you are the one saying it's done. So come out with it.

What issues have been out of Joe's control? RBs that won't block, WRs that can't catch, Olineman that are confused presnap, and what else? And this is last year as well.

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 11:31 AM
C34....don?t argue with these people. MSU still has way to many Wait-an-See bleeding heart fans. He has poor ole whopped down MSU syndrome.

No, I just see idiot lynch mobs who scream for change when they have no clue. The same in the know guys wanted Stans gone and Rick Ray magically appeared. Be damn careful what you ask for

KOdawg1
If we do end up making a coaching change, I'm going to be tempted to cancel my Gene's Page subscription. I enjoy the recruiting info over there, but Paul and others on there have their heads in the sand, and why pay for "insider" information when they don't release it bc they have an agenda?

Liverpooldawg

And of course, being right on the internet is what is important, LOL.

Fader21
11-27-2019, 11:32 AM
That kind of coach wouldn't fly here in a jet, he would descend from the heavens.

Urban Meyer... would be a big FU to Mullen

Coach34
11-27-2019, 11:35 AM
No, I just see idiot lynch mobs who scream for change when they have no clue. The same in the know guys wanted Stans gone and Rick Ray magically appeared. Be damn careful what you ask for

Rick Ray appeared because our AD and President wanted to get the stench of Stands off the program. They also learned a valuable lesson in that college basketball is dirty as hell and you better have a connected guy. Hell, The Cheerleader was gonna give Ray another year until our money guys dumped Howland in his lap.

We don't have that guy leading our athletic department anymore.

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 11:36 AM
What issues have been out of Joe's control? RBs that won't block, WRs that can't catch, Olineman that are confused presnap, and what else? And this is last year as well.

No continuity at QB due to injuries. A pouting bitch back up QB who quit on the team. Two running back one of which is injured on and off. Musical chairs at OL due to injuries and suspensions. An eight of the team suspended most of the year due to academic cheating. Freshman playing on the DL due to Mullen making his last attempt to get the hell out and killing depth with JC players. Joe isnt blameless but if you dont see the issues its because you dont want to.

msstate7
11-27-2019, 11:38 AM
No continuity at QB due to injuries. A pouting bitch back up QB who quit on the team. Two running back one of which is injured on and off. Musical chairs at OL due to injuries and suspensions. An eight of the team suspended most of the year due to academic cheating. Freshman playing on the DL due to Mullen making his last attempt to get the hell out and killing depth with JC players. Joe isnt blameless but if you dont see the issues its because you dont want to.

Damn, you full of excuses

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 11:39 AM
Damn, you full of excuses

Which one isnt the truth?

msstate7
11-27-2019, 11:40 AM
Which one isnt the truth?

Key being a bitch for one.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-27-2019, 11:41 AM
If we do end up making a coaching change, I'm going to be tempted to cancel my Gene's Page subscription. I enjoy the recruiting info over there, but Paul and others on there have their heads in the sand, and why pay for "insider" information when they don't release it bc they have an agenda?

To be fair Paul has said the last few weeks that if he loses the Egg Bowl he probably wouldn't make it.

DogsofAnarchy
11-27-2019, 11:42 AM

You aren’t talking to me then because I knew getting rid of Stansbury would have consequences!!! Then we hired the wrong guy to replace him. That’s not these guys faults, it’s the weak ass administration that you are defending’s fault. Of course it’s a new leader now. And for the record, show me a post where I wanted Stansbury gone. I’ll wait.

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 11:43 AM

Last night in chat Rosey was going on about all the scoops he broke first. Including Mullen's leaving. He was way late on Mullen's leaving ... not sure on all the others but can guess. I guess relative to other MSU official media sources he may be somewhat accurate that he was "first" when putting it out there at about the same time as the CL does. I will say also he was scrambling over the weekend and caught off guard IMO day after Egg 2 years ago.

Now the stances over there are Joe needs to win Egg to stay and lose the Egg it can go either way. Gene on record over there saying nothing was in the works relative to Rutgers, etc. just 2 days ago.

Now I will say I have thought of it from the angle that they may be putting out an "official" line so what really is happening doesn't get derailed. They may be doing it in best interests of MSU ... not sure.

Dolphus Raymond
11-27-2019, 11:44 AM
This. However, I do concur that change is needed. Last year is much more of a head scratcher than this season.

Really Clark?
11-27-2019, 11:45 AM

The firing of Stans was the correct move. The hiring of RR was the bad hire and we did NOT have to go with him. It’s 2 separate issues

Really Clark?
11-27-2019, 11:46 AM
To be fair Paul has said the last few weeks that if he loses the Egg Bowl he probably wouldn't make it.

Yes he has

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 11:47 AM

And last year? And don't tell me a QB that didn't fit the system. Even with that you should average more than 4 pts/game in 4 losses if you any kind of OC.

I might go along with this year to some degree if last year hadn't happened. Even then ... we have shown no improvement all year long ... period.

Coach34
11-27-2019, 11:47 AM
Last night in chat Rosey was going on about all the scoops he broke first. Including Mullen's leaving. He was way late on Mullen's leaving ... not sure on all the others but can guess. I guess relative to other MSU official media sources he may be somewhat accurate that he was "first" when putting it out there at about the same time as the CL does. I will say also he was scrambling over the weekend and caught off guard IMO day after Egg 2 years ago.

Now the stances over there are Joe needs to win Egg to stay and lose the Egg it can go either way. Gene on record over there saying nothing was in the works relative to Rutgers, etc. just 2 days ago.

Now I will say I have thought of it from the angle that they may be putting out an "official" line so what really is happening doesn't get derailed. They may be doing it in best interests of MSU ... not sure.

He can claim whatever he wants- Mullen leaving was broken right here on Elitedawgs. We were the 1st to put it out there

MetEdDawg
11-27-2019, 11:49 AM
I say someone whoever knows what the hell is going on throw out some PMs so we can calm it down publicly.

Don't need stuff going crazy the day before the Egg Bowl publicly and potentially having someone screw something up in an open forum.

Really Clark?
Yeah I think people are a little apprehensive because of this. The Peterson deal was blown because of the leak but getting Dan worked out pretty good.

This

bobcat91
You aren?t talking to me then because I knew getting rid of Stansbury would have consequences!!! Then we hired the wrong guy to replace him. That?s not these guys faults, it?s the weak ass administration that you are defending?s fault. Of course it?s a new leader now. And for the record, show me a post where I wanted Stansbury gone. I?ll wait.

I didnt list you specifically. The ones who wanted a change are well known.

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 11:50 AM
He can claim whatever he wants- Mullen leaving was broken right here on Elitedawgs. We were the 1st to put it out there

I know and I heard it from you first. But from his angle he might've meant official media sources. Although he wasn't distinguishing between the 2 last night.

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 11:52 AM

Not defending them, but if you get your living by giving out info that you get due to keeping some things quiet, you arent going to get things out ahead of time. No different than the in the know guys here saying nothing. They aren't boring bridges if they actually have a source

OLJWales
11-27-2019, 11:52 AM
Requesting PM. I think that would be a good idea. Can I get one?

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 11:53 AM

I'll go further. Hes a bitch and a loser. I cant wait till his stench is gone from our program. He can light it up a a SWAC or directional school because he isnt a P5 qb

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2019, 11:54 AM

He didn't even mention it til Friday and even then said he was staying. Most of us knew walking into the stadium that night that Mullen was coaching his last game.

OLJWales
11-27-2019, 11:54 AM
I'll go further. Hes a bitch and a loser. I cant wait till his stench is gone from our program. He can light it up a a SWAC or directional school because he isnt a P5 qb

Dude. You are out of line.

chaodawg
11-27-2019, 11:55 AM
I would love a PM as well! Might calm things down!

bobcat91
And last year? And don't tell me a QB that didn't fit the system. Even with that you should average more than 4 pts/game in 4 losses if you any kind of OC.

I might go along with this year to some degree if last year hadn't happened. Even then ... we have shown no improvement all year long ... period.

I stated that Joe isnt blameless and he has faults. If hes gone, then so be it, but we arent ever getting a Saban here. Whoever we get will have things to work on

Pipedream

Man, you suck ass.

bulldawg28
11-27-2019, 11:56 AM

That stench is Joe

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 11:58 AM
Man, you suck ass.

He quit on this team. Period. Didnt win the job and immediately ran to the transfer portal. I dont want anyone like that on our team.

msstate7
11-27-2019, 11:59 AM

What about tommy Stevens? He a losing bitch too? What about hurts?

msstate7
11-27-2019, 12:00 PM
He quit on this team. Period. Didnt win the job and immediately ran to the transfer portal. I dont want anyone like that on our team.

You got em, tommy Stevens, you dumb frick

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 12:01 PM

Losers one and all ***

KOdawg1

Anndddd with that you've officially solidified yourself as an idiot.

bulldawg28

He was never given a chance to win the job.

msstate7
Anndddd with that you've officially solidified yourself as an idiot.

He did that years ago.

Really Clark?
11-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Not defending them, but if you get your living by giving out info that you get due to keeping some things quiet, you arent going to get things out ahead of time. No different than the in the know guys here saying nothing. They aren't boring bridges if they actually have a source

Wait, you started a thread calling out people in the know to name a coach now...that’s burning bridges with sources and could also derail a hire, like Peterson.

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 12:02 PM
You got em, tommy Stevens, you dumb frick

We brought in a loser to replace a loser. Makes a lot of sense to me **

Commercecomet24
11-27-2019, 12:03 PM
Here?s the deal folks. We are Making a change and I?m not going to put my sources or the guy out there because all theses searches and quick hires can be fluid. I am super excited about the guy and I?m excited about us making a change mainly. Again if someone else wants to out the name cool. But I?m not gonna risk this falling apart because the name is leaked on a board. Just know change is coming and I?m sure the next 24 hours the name will get out as well as other changes along the landscape of college football.

Patience my friends

This!

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 12:05 PM
We brought in a loser to replace a loser. Makes a lot of sense to me **

Big difference. Steven's was a grad transfer. KT wasnt

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2019, 12:05 PM

Yeah, this is totally out of line. Key is not a bitch and definitely not a loser. He is a kid that put in the work and got usurped by a mercenary. I still say, if Key played all last season we win 9 games and we would be better this year because of it. If anything, Key is a trooper. Key is very similar to aTm Mond, but better overall. He just never got the opportunity.

KB21
11-27-2019, 12:07 PM
Here's the thing with Moorhead and the reason change needs to be made. Where does he influence the game? Would the team honestly be worse if he simply left at halftime of a game?

The fact is, in his two years at Mississippi State, we have won the games that we can out talent the opposition in. When the talent level is relatively equal, we have lost. When we are on the deficient side, we have gotten blown out.

I mean, this is essentially a Jason Garrett situation. All Jason Garret does is stand on the side lines and clap. All Joe Moorhead does is slap guys on the butt and high five.

Where does he influence the game? Motivation? No. Preparation? No. Discipline? No. Play calling? No. Where does he give Mississippi State an edge?

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 12:10 PM
Yeah, this is totally out of line. Key is not a bitch and definitely not a loser. He is a kid that put in the work and got usurped by a mercenary. I still say, if Key played all last season we win 9 games and we would be better this year because of it. If anything, Key is a trooper. Key is very similar to aTm Mond, but better overall. He just never got the opportunity.

Was given a shot in fall camp to win the job.He didnt come close. Ever wonder why no completion stats were put out? Some of yall will always buy the tin foil hat theories. He got beat fair an square.

Let's see where he transfers to. You will get a good idea of his ability at that point.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2019, 12:10 PM

Feel better after wasting all that time to type that stupid shit?

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 12:12 PM

Which one isnt true?

KOdawg1
11-27-2019, 12:13 PM
Was given a shot in fall camp to win the job.He didnt come close. Ever wonder why no completion stats were put out? Some of yall will always buy the tin foil hat theories. He got beat fair an square.

Let's see where he transfers to. You will get a good idea of his ability at that point.

Okay, so he lost the job. How does that make him a bitch? The dude went head to head with Lamar Jackson and won a bowl game. He entered the transfer portal and Joe talked him into staying. Again, how does that make him a bitch? Bet you wouldn't say that shit to his face tough guy

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 12:14 PM

All you have to say is my guess is whoever. When you are proven right you can say well I knew it all along.

I seen it dawg

And he could be our qb awhile. How about you tone it down cowboy.

Commercecomet24
Here's the thing with Moorhead and the reason change needs to be made. Where does he influence the game? Would the team honestly be worse if he simply left at halftime of a game?

The fact is, in his two years at Mississippi State, we have won the games that we can out talent the opposition in. When the talent level is relatively equal, we have lost. When we are on the deficient side, we have gotten blown out.

I mean, this is essentially a Jason Garrett situation. All Jason Garret does is stand on the side lines and clap. All Joe Moorhead does is slap guys on the butt and high five.

Where does he influence the game? Motivation? No. Preparation? No. Discipline? No. Play calling? No. Where does he give Mississippi State an edge?

Me and my sons were comparing Garrett/Moorhead watching the game Sunday and it's amazing the similarities. Bad playcalling, not prepared, poor discipline, no fire or intensity and just a generally lackadaisical approach. That last field goal the cowboys kicked, you could tell the offense wanted to stay on the field and go for it, but there was ol Jason on the sideline giving his little lets kick signal. They're both bad HCs. If Dallas didn't have Dak they may only have 2 or 3 wins this year.

NWADAWG
11-27-2019, 12:16 PM
I say someone whoever knows what the hell is going on throw out some PMs so we can calm it down publicly.

Don't need stuff going crazy the day before the Egg Bowl publicly and potentially having someone screw something up in an open forum.

I make a proposal - Those "in the know" put out an post with the new coach and 3 other names. We can all make our guesses at which one it is. IF the name is on the list, you get credit. If not, you get revealed.

This should not do any harm in negotiations because it's just a name on a list. How 'bout it?

I seen it dawg
All you have to say is my guess is whoever. When you are proven right you can say well I knew it all along.

I don't give a shit about being right on the internet as much as you do bitching about people with opinions or things they've been told and relayed. Just stay angry it's good for business.

TrapGame

Patience my friends

Like I posted in another thread I expect something big to break just before the Egg Bowl.

Coach34

He got ****ed over as this season has clearly shown. Hard to blame him

bobcat91
Okay, so he lost the job. How does that make him a bitch? The dude went head to head with Lamar Jackson and won a bowl game. He entered the transfer portal and Joe talked him into staying. Again, how does that make him a bitch? Bet you wouldn't say that shit to his face tough guy

He cant complete 50%. That's not going to win a starting job. Not in P5.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2019, 12:17 PM
Which one isnt true?

Give me some examples to prove your post of bullshit

KOdawg1
11-27-2019, 12:18 PM
He cant complete 50%. That's not going to win a starting job. Not in P5.
Still didn't answer my question tough guy. Completing below 50% doesn't make someone a bitch. Would you say it to his face if y'all were in the same room?

I wouldn't think so. Which in turn, makes you the one who is a bitch

Jack Lambert
11-27-2019, 12:20 PM

I am old school and in the past I would have considered Key a quitter and probably called him a bitch, plus I was in the Marine Corp and I don't believe in quitting but in today world of transfers I don't view if as quitting, I view it as making your situation better and Key is not a bitch. He is doing what everyone else is doing. It is the norm at this time. We better get use to it. Look at LSU QB, he quit OSU and now he's probably going to win the big trophy as a QB. Also he has taking some serious hits the past two seasons and keeps getting up.

NCDawg
11-27-2019, 12:21 PM
Wait, you started a thread calling out people in the know to name a coach now...that’s burning bridges with sources and could also derail a hire, like Peterson.

I remember when we were after Petersen-Byrne flying to Denver to interview him and our tracking the flight. People say that our talking about the hire derailed the hire. I like to hear an explanation as to how the hire was derailed.

Technetium
11-27-2019, 12:23 PM
I make a proposal - Those "in the know" put out an post with the new coach and 3 other names. We can all make our guesses at which one it is. IF the name is on the list, you get credit. If not, you get revealed.

This should not do any harm in negotiations because it's just a name on a list. How 'bout it?

Alternative idea: Pick a mod/owner who doesn't claim to have a source in this. All of the people with sources PM the mod with their info (e.g., 1) Moorhead is definitely gone and to where if known, 2) Name of new coach). Presumably, the mod would be trustworthy and thus not reveal the info until after everything is official, and can then post the results/screenshots to prove who had sources and who was blowing smoke.

If we do this in an organized way, it could become an effective means of tracking both the accuracy of the information and the date which the information was claimed to be known - similar to the way 247 crystal ball idea.

Coach34
11-27-2019, 12:24 PM
I remember when we were after Petersen-Byrne flying to Denver to interview him and our tracking the flight. People say that our talking about the hire derailed the hire. I like to hear an explanation as to how the hire was derailed.

Peterson's name leaking didn't cause it to fall apart. Peterson accepted, slept on it, and changed his mind the next morning. His kid's health played a big part in not moving his family across the country

msstate7
11-27-2019, 12:25 PM
I am old school and in the past I would have considered Key a quitter and probably called him a bitch, plus I was in the Marine Corp and I don't believe in quitting but in today world of transfers I don't view if as quitting, I view it as making your situation better and Key is not a bitch. He is doing what everyone else is doing. It is the norm at this time. We better get use to it. Look at LSU QB, he quit OSU and now he's probably going to win the big trophy as a QB. Also he has taking some serious hits the past two seasons and keeps getting up.

Yep, if burrow wasn't a "bitch", he would be starting a non-football career next season instead of being a 1st round pick

Coach34
11-27-2019, 12:28 PM
Yep, if burrow wasn't a "bitch", he would be starting a non-football career next season instead of being a 1st round pick

Hmmmm- wonder what that makes Stevens?

chef dixon
11-27-2019, 12:28 PM

Yep. The Guru ruined his career and this season that was on full display

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 12:29 PM
Hmmmm- wonder what that makes Stevens?

Our starting QB.

dawgday166

Here's the thing with me on this that I've noticed about our fans for years. Someone wants to leave MSU they quitters or doesn't choose MSU in recruiting and we didn't want them anyway.

We get someone via transfer like Tommy ... there's a real good reason he wanted out of PSU and their staff ain't handling him the right way. Plus, he the next Joe Montana and better than Dak.

Can't have it both ways.

Talking about a cancer to a team IMO .. Guidry. We coddled him during recruiting, he's been coddled ever since, he's still being coddled and ... look what we've gotten out of it. If there is a locker room issue(s) I'm betting him starting every week is one of them.

Commercecomet24

Good post Jack. This is a business now at the D1 level of CFB. The schools, coaches and admins look out for their best interests and how many dollars these players generate for them, so why shouldn't the players be allowed to look out for their best interests as well. It's a business decision, just like when an investor backs out of business that's feeling,it's all about business.

bulldawg28
11-27-2019, 12:32 PM

He wasn't given a shot this fall. Stephens was given the job before he stepped on campus. His father outright told Moorehead he wasn't coming unless he was guaranteed to start.

Coach34
11-27-2019, 12:37 PM
He wasn't given a shot this fall. Stephens was given the job before he stepped on campus. His father outright told Moorehead he wasn't coming unless he was guaranteed to start.

We guaranteed Bryant the job as well when courting him

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 12:37 PM

KT was recruited for Mullen's offense. Steven's and Schradee were recruited for Moorheads. Mullen was a run first offense. Moorheads isnt. His is predicated on fast reads and accurate throws. That isnt KT.

By next week, we may have an entirely new offense based on having a new coach. That said, unless Schrader leaves, he starts next year no matter who else is on the roster.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 12:43 PM

Do you think he still trasnfers if a guy like Napier is hired?

Randolph Dupree
11-27-2019, 12:45 PM
It's done. Hire has been made. I do not know the name, but it's a done deal. Also, Cohen was told this was it, screw
it up and you will also be gone. Again, I don't have the name but given the situation I am optimistic.

bulldawg28
11-27-2019, 12:47 PM

Yep. He's really lighting it up at Mizzou ***

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 12:47 PM

This after Moorhead evaluated him for 2 Spring practices, a fall camp and a full season. Do you honestly think he got screwed over or did he just not fit this style of offense?

bulldawg28
11-27-2019, 12:48 PM
Do you think he still trasnfers if a guy like Napier is hired?

Why would he? A new coach changes everything.

Percho
11-27-2019, 12:49 PM
Here's the thing with me on this that I've noticed about our fans for years. Someone wants to leave MSU they quitters or doesn't choose MSU in recruiting and we didn't want them anyway.

We get someone via transfer like Tommy ... there's a real good reason he wanted out of PSU and their staff ain't handling him the right way. Plus, he the next Joe Montana and better than Dak.

Can't have it both ways.

Talking about a cancer to a team IMO .. Guidry. We coddled him during recruiting, he's been coddled ever since, he's still being coddled and ... look what we've gotten out of it. If there is a locker room issue(s) I'm betting him starting every week is one of them.

Should have cut him loose long ago because of his own actions.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 12:51 PM
Why would he? A new coach changes everything.

The new coach will have to delicately make sure we don't lose both KT & Shrader.

We can lose either one & be fine, but, if we lost both, we're 17ed

Jack Lambert
11-27-2019, 12:53 PM
He was never given a chance to win the job.

KT was Mullen's guy and wasn't never going to be given a shot. Coach Moorhead went through the required motions but knew KT would never be the starter.

StateDawg44
11-27-2019, 12:54 PM

We already have countless threads with this. What good would this do?

Todd4State
11-27-2019, 12:59 PM
This after Moorhead evaluated him for 2 Spring practices, a fall camp and a full season. Do you honestly think he got screwed over or did he just not fit this style of offense?

I think he doesn’t fit and he needed to redshirt anyway.

KB21
11-27-2019, 12:59 PM
You know, Schrader is not that great of a fit for a passing offense right now either. His release is slow as crap, his arm is below average, and his accuracy isn't great. That kid would be dynamic in Mullen's offense though.

bluelightstar
11-27-2019, 01:02 PM
It boggles the mind that anyone could watch us play and decide KT isn’t good because Moorhead says so. I quite frankly don’t trust Moorhead’s evaluations of anyone. And it couldn’t be more obvious at this point that he promised Stevens everything before he was ever here.

bulldawg28
11-27-2019, 01:10 PM
The new coach will have to delicately make sure we don't lose both KT & Shrader.

We can lose either one & be fine, but, if we lost both, we're 17ed

Agreed. I doubt both would leave. A really good coach could convince both to stay.

bulldawg28
11-27-2019, 01:11 PM
KT was Mullen's guy and wasn't never going to be given a shot. Coach Moorhead went through the required motions but knew KT would never be the starter.

Yep, he was working on a plan all along which has proven to be terrible in the SEC.

Turfdawg67
11-27-2019, 01:16 PM

Already happened. People wanted Mullen gone and JoMo magically appeared. This is more like Ray is leaving and (hopefully) Howland is about to come in and fix this mess.

Coach34
11-27-2019, 01:26 PM

nobody fits this offense. It's awful. So yeah- he got f'ed over. He could have easily put 7 on LSU or Bama just like the guys that "fit" did

DLGDawg
11-27-2019, 01:28 PM

The name has already been posted. If folks could read amongst all the crap arguments

bluelightstar
11-27-2019, 01:29 PM
I just hope this didn’t hurt us in New Orleans too much. Every time I’m down there now in State gear, the first thing people ask is “what happened with KT?”

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 01:31 PM
The name has already been posted. If folks could read amongst all the crap arguments

Think I got it. Not sure that thrills me but might work out good. Coordinator would matter a lot. Not a Howland type hire tho.

ETA: Of course coordinators always matter a lot .. just not sure which direction the name I think you mean would go in. Literally no feel for that with him ... if I'm right and I caught the name.

Turfdawg67
11-27-2019, 01:36 PM
KT was recruited for Mullen's offense. Steven's and Schradee were recruited for Moorheads. Mullen was a run first offense. Moorheads isnt. His is predicated on fast reads and accurate throws. That isnt KT.

By next week, we may have an entirely new offense based on having a new coach. That said, unless Schrader leaves, he starts next year no matter who else is on the roster.

Doesn't seem to be Stevens either.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2019, 01:51 PM
Think I got it. Not sure that thrills me but might work out good. Coordinator would matter a lot. Not a Howland type hire tho.

ETA: Of course coordinators always matter a lot .. just not sure which direction the name I think you mean would go in. Literally no feel for that with him ... if I'm right and I caught the name.

We would be physical and play tough D. Would certainly need a good O coordinator.

Dawgology
11-27-2019, 01:52 PM

I mean...I feel that it’s Chizik based on what has been said. Not sure if that’s really an amazing hire but we will see I guess.

Bothrops
11-27-2019, 01:52 PM
It's Jonelle isn't it, mate?

shoeless joe
11-27-2019, 01:53 PM
We would be physical and play tough D. Would certainly need a good O coordinator.

Grantham...got it. Thanks

jwells
11-27-2019, 01:53 PM

I don’t believe we will hire a coordinator who has never been a head coach (Grantham). Not after the Joe debacle where the head man looks lost. We will hire someone with head coaching experience.

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 01:56 PM

Agreed. Not sure that's an "exciting" hire as someone else mentioned. He would have to be like Ed O and I'm not sure that's Grantham at this time. I kinda think his coaching staff may be a revolving door for a while as he grows into job. But ... Belichick & Saban were D coordinators and very hard assed too. Could turn out really good.

ETA: I will add from all I've read .. Grantham seems to like Vegas.

defiantdog
11-27-2019, 01:58 PM
Hypothetically speaking, who would Chizik bring in as an OC since he?s a defensive guy?

msu15
11-27-2019, 01:58 PM
I’d take a PM if someone wants to throw it out.

Buddy
11-27-2019, 01:59 PM
I don’t believe we will hire a coordinator who has never been a head coach (Grantham). Not after the Joe debacle where the head man looks lost. We will hire someone with head coaching experience.

Joe had head coaching experience.... and was successful as a head coach.

HancockCountyDog
11-27-2019, 02:06 PM
It’s going to be an interesting few days around here after we win the Egg Bowl and Joe is still the head coach on Monday.

jwells
11-27-2019, 02:09 PM
Joe had head coaching experience.... and was successful as a head coach.

Fordham does not count. The playing field is level in the Patriot League. The SEC is a different animal and he had no experience in how it worked.

TrapGame
11-27-2019, 02:12 PM
It’s going to be an interesting few days around here after we win the Egg Bowl and Joe is still the head coach on Monday.

Yeah, but that's not happening. The colossal underachievement last season by an offensive guru who couldn't get his offense to score on defenses with a pulse didn't go unnoticed. The continued failure of the offense this season added with a total implosion of team physicality and readiness sealed his fate.

KOdawg1
11-27-2019, 02:13 PM

I swear to God, if we hire Gene freaking Chizik, we deserve whatever happens next

hacker
11-27-2019, 02:14 PM
Where is everyone getting Grantham now?

JohnHenryBonham
11-27-2019, 02:15 PM

You are a dumbass. That is all.

maroonmania
11-27-2019, 02:16 PM
This. However, I do concur that change is needed. Last year is much more of a head scratcher than this season.

This season's results would be much more acceptable if the offense was improved but the defense was the issue. Talk about injuries all you want, but how often have we had 2 better QBs on our roster than Stephens and Shcraeder and we still can't beat a decent SEC team with either because this offense just doesn't produce against even average SEC defenses. There will ALWAYS be some injuries on the OL and other areas. That excuse can be used every year. Offense wasn't really even touched by tutorgate, that is what makes it so frustrating.

TrapGame
11-27-2019, 02:16 PM
Fordham does not count. The playing field is level in the Patriot League. The SEC is a different animal and he had no experience in how it worked.

Add to that Joe had a NFL caliber RB at Fordham for a couple of seasons. I'm sure that was like an 8th grader running over 3rd graders.

OLJWales
11-27-2019, 02:17 PM
I swear to God, if we hire Gene freaking Chizik, we deserve whatever happens next

Based on what ED insiders are saying, it ain't chizik cuz they say it's a good coach. I'd love a PM .

MetEdDawg
11-27-2019, 02:18 PM
I’d take a PM if someone wants to throw it out.

No crap. Hard to sift through everything.

dawgday166
11-27-2019, 02:19 PM
Based on what ED insiders are saying, it ain't chizik cuz they say it's a good coach. I'd love a PM .

LOL ... we all would. Ain't happening tho.

hacker
11-27-2019, 02:20 PM
Add to that Joe had a NFL caliber RB at Fordham for a couple of seasons. I'm sure that was like an 8th grader running over 3rd graders.

In fairness, you have to give Joe credit for developing him into an NFL caliber RB. Not like he was an NFL caliber RB coming out of high school or he wouldn't have played at Fordham.

TrapGame
11-27-2019, 02:22 PM
In fairness, you have to give Joe credit for developing him into an NFL caliber RB. Not like he was an NFL caliber RB coming out of high school or he wouldn't have played at Fordham.

ahhhh..okay, I'll give him that.

Turfdawg67
11-27-2019, 02:22 PM

Me on Monday if Cheezdik is our new coach...

https://i.postimg.cc/QN5j4j2J/BD204-A39-DDA5-40-AF-8879-6-CD978-A3-C8-CB.gif

Turfdawg67
11-27-2019, 02:25 PM
Hey JohnHenry... He with 12 posts calling someone, who's comments was correct, a dumbass?? Like we need another douche on board.

maroonmania
11-27-2019, 02:25 PM

Neither Tommy Stevens nor Jalen Hurts stayed on a team that they apparently refused to play for. Would have been numerous occasions this year that Stephens could have helped us and still kept a redshirt year. Logan Burnett playing and Thompson not playing tells me Thompson had no intention to play for us but just had no landing spot when he went in the portal.

bluelightstar
11-27-2019, 02:28 PM
Neither Tommy Stevens nor Jalen Hurts stayed on a team that they apparently refused to play for. Would have been numerous occasions this year that Stephens could have helped us and still kept a redshirt year. Logan Burnett playing and Thompson not playing tells me Thompson had no intention to play for us but just had no landing spot when he went in the portal.

Well, all sources indicate that isn’t true and Moorhead just won’t play him.

Jack Lambert
11-27-2019, 02:30 PM
I mean...I feel that it?s Chizik based on what has been said. Not sure if that?s really an amazing hire but we will see I guess.

Sorry but I don't think Chizik will bring the season ticket holders motivation to come back. I am buying my next season regardless.

FriarsPoint
11-27-2019, 02:33 PM

Welcome to me 3 years ago. Same stuff here sooner and free.

dantheman4248
11-27-2019, 02:45 PM
10 pages for someone to make a total ass of himself, no name to be thrown out, and this gives us no info the last thread did which was all but confirm Joe to somewhere else and we have our replacement lined up.

I'm not bitching about their not being a name, but what's the point of this thread? It's a duplicate.

Also Napier is the name that got leaked pretty much everywhere else.

OLJWales
11-27-2019, 02:49 PM
Hey JohnHenry... He with 12 posts calling someone, who's comments was correct, a dumbass?? Like we need another douche on board.

Gonna be some trolling over the next 72 hrs

dantheman4248
11-27-2019, 02:51 PM
Gonna be some trolling over the next 72 hrs

The trolling of the board peaked with dropping Chizik's name.

OLJWales
11-27-2019, 02:52 PM
10 pages for someone to make a total ass of himself, no name to be thrown out, and this gives us no info the last thread did which was all but confirm Joe to somewhere else and we have our replacement lined up.

I'm not bitching about their not being a name, but what's the point of this thread? It's a duplicate.

It's called respecting your sources. I know it's frustrating to us not knowing but I'm appreciative of the thread.

dantheman4248
11-27-2019, 03:00 PM
It's called respecting your sources. I know it's frustrating to us not knowing but I'm appreciative of the thread.

I mean I was appreciative of the first thread but this is just a rehash. We've gone from a 10+ page thread Sunday about "Moorhead has a job lined up and we have an agreement with a replacement." to a 10+ page thread on "Moorhead has a job lined up and we have an agreement with a replacement." on Wednesday. Literally nothing new.

OLJWales
11-27-2019, 03:03 PM
I mean I was appreciative of the first thread but this is just a rehash. We've gone from a 10+ page thread Sunday about "Moorhead has a job lined up and we have an agreement with a replacement." to a 10+ page thread on "Moorhead has a job lined up and we have an agreement with a replacement." on Wednesday. Literally nothing new.

Yep , I get that but we are now getting info we've got our new man. This threads jacking up my work.

maroonmania
11-27-2019, 03:04 PM

Can't have it both ways.

I'm fine with him transferring. Don't understand why stay and then you won't play when needed even though a redshirt can be retained? I find it hard to believe that Moorhead refuses to let him play.

TXDawg
11-27-2019, 03:07 PM

He also had an NFL o-lineman at Fordham (G Mayweather made it with the Chiefs for a few years).

deltadawg63
11-27-2019, 03:08 PM
A good guess is that he is on target to graduate by May and can transfer without a sit out issue and have 2 to play. He can also watch the MSU situation closely and if there is a coaching change, he can evaluate the opportunity of remaining at MSU and have 2 to play 2.

Coach34
11-27-2019, 03:11 PM
Don't understand why stay and then you won't play when needed even though a redshirt can be retained? I find it hard to believe that Moorhead refuses to let him play.

Moorhead has refused to play him because he quit for a few days after "losing the QB battle". Let him back to help him stay on scholly but has vowed to not play him.

maroonmania
11-27-2019, 03:11 PM
I just hope this didn?t hurt us in New Orleans too much. Every time I?m down there now in State gear, the first thing people ask is ?what happened with KT??

Best answer for that is "Mullen screwed him over by leaving" because honestly, that is the real answer. He was Mullen's guy and was never JM's guy. Schrader is JM's guy so if he is replaced who knows what happens then. I will say that GS has all the potential in the world as a runner and passer, so he should be much more adaptable to any system.

maroonmania
11-27-2019, 03:16 PM

I agree, if we want to go that route Will Muschamp should be available in about a week as well.

NWADAWG
11-27-2019, 03:17 PM

I've seen tons of threads with posters claiming there is change coming and they think it's #coach but only a couple of them are saying they actually know the name and can't tell it. Those select few are who I want to put names out.

Most of the rest of you clowns are just guessing and don't claim to know any more than I do which is 0.

maroonmania
11-27-2019, 03:19 PM
Moorhead has refused to play him because he quit for a few days after "losing the QB battle". Let him back to help him stay on scholly but has vowed to not play him.

OK, well then apologies to KT. He shouldn't have quit but to refuse to let him play at all after you let him back on the team just seems spiteful.

HRTFXR
11-27-2019, 03:20 PM
I hope that whoever it is is bringing some WR with him...

gravedigger
11-27-2019, 03:22 PM

It means it didn?t get enough attention the first 15 times it was said. Like it or not, it is where we are.

Dawgfan77
11-27-2019, 03:27 PM
Look guys I started this Thread because I got some information. You don?t like it fine but I will not give up the name. Here is why. These things are fluid, we don?t need to railroad the guys job now nor do we need his name only to get pissed and say never mind. Also, we have to respect the current state staff If we want to try and win tomorrow night. Lastly I don?t won?t to upset my sources
Their is more to this than just naming names. Granted we don?t have a clay travis out there but we don?t want a UT situation. Relax enjoy the spectaculars and opinions. Be civil, pull the rope and let?s enjoy the change.

Cowbell
11-27-2019, 03:33 PM
Look guys I started this Thread because I got some information. You don?t like it fine but I will not give up the name. Here is why. These things are fluid, we don?t need to railroad the guys job now nor do we need his name only to get pissed and say never mind. Also, we have to respect the current state staff If we want to try and win tomorrow night. Lastly I don?t won?t to upset my sources
Their is more to this than just naming names. Granted we don?t have a clay travis out there but we don?t want a UT situation. Relax enjoy the spectaculars and opinions. Be civil, pull the rope and let?s enjoy the change.

What was your reaction to the hire? Surprised?

TrapGame
11-27-2019, 03:37 PM

If it's the name someone just texted me I'm not impressed. It's a decent, probably safe hire but I'm not sure it's the best hire. We could have done better if true.

Dawgfan77
11-27-2019, 03:37 PM
What was your reaction to the hire? Surprised?
Excited for the future of our football program. Impressed by our powers that be

Gutter Cobreh
11-27-2019, 03:41 PM
Read this entire convoluted thread and I'll just put it this way:

If it's Hud - I'll be disappointed. He may do a fantastic job, but it wouldn't excite me.
If it's Napier - I'll be more excited than Hud, but same general consensus regarding excitement.
If it's Norvell - I'll be pumped! Unless he's holding out for FSU, this would be a better gig than what he has.

I haven't seen any other names consistently mentioned, so went with those three. I would bet it's Hud, simply because that would be something we'd do and he's been discussed relentlessly to the point most on here would be excited.

towelliee
11-27-2019, 03:43 PM
Not the OP but my source was sure several days ago that it was Norvell with Shoop and TBuck on Defensive side. Now he’s not sure but thinks it’s gonna be either Napier or HUD

vindastra
11-27-2019, 03:45 PM
Read this entire convoluted thread and I'll just put it this way:

If it's Hud - I'll be disappointed. He may do a fantastic job, but it wouldn't excite me.
If it's Napier - I'll be more excited than Hud, but same general consensus regarding excitement.
If it's Norvell - I'll be pumped! Unless he's holding out for FSU, this would be a better gig than what he has.

I haven't seen any other names consistently mentioned, so went with those three. I would bet it's Hud, simply because that would be something we'd do and he's been discussed relentlessly to the point most on here would be excited.

Wait, how are you getting Hud/Napier/Norvell?

In the middle of Key/JoMo bashings, some have mentioned that it is a Coach from the defensive side of things (Chiz/Grantham?).

Ezsoil
11-27-2019, 03:49 PM

Do you have a lot 16 parking pass?

Maroonthirteen
11-27-2019, 03:52 PM

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

trojandawg
11-27-2019, 03:53 PM
based on your previous posts my guess is that it's Napier or Hud with a possibility of Norvell since he was your 1A. You seemed very happy with the hire so that makes me think it's one of the three guys you mentioned. You weren't as happy with HUD as the other two. unless it's someone else that surpassed your expectations like a Whittingham or something.

Pipedream
11-27-2019, 03:54 PM
Wait, how are you getting Hud/Napier/Norvell?

In the middle of Key/JoMo bashings, some have mentioned that it is a Coach from the defensive side of things (Chiz/Grantham?).

If it's Chizik, I'm gonna hurl. He's 38-38 as a HC. Yes, he won a NC, but unless he's cloning Cam Newton and sticking another horseshoe up his ass, we aren't getting that.

timotheus
11-27-2019, 04:00 PM
Not the OP but my source was sure several days ago that it was Norvell with Shoop and TBuck on Defensive side. Now he’s not sure but thinks it’s gonna be either Napier or HUD

I was told that the man was Norvell on sunday but now my source is saying exactly the same thing on it being Napier or Hud. Oh boy.

Turfdawg67
11-27-2019, 04:01 PM
Do you have a lot 16 parking pass?

Honest question? No sir.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
11-27-2019, 04:11 PM
Awesome News!! I'll take just about anybody not named Moorhead!! Time for some excitement tobe restored back into our Football Program!! HAILSTATE 💯!!

fader2103
11-27-2019, 04:15 PM
Be civil, pull the rope and let?s enjoy the change.

Eh I am not impressed with the hire.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2019, 04:16 PM

So what

Cowbell
11-27-2019, 04:19 PM
Excited for the future of our football program. Impressed by our powers that be

Thank you much for the insight

bulldog20
11-27-2019, 04:20 PM

"Pull the Rope" its one million percent Mark Hudspeth. Book it.***

Slick move Dawgfan77. I see what you did there :cool:

gravedigger
11-27-2019, 04:21 PM

I missed the announcement from Msu that the change was made at all.

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2019, 04:23 PM

I have 1000000000 dollars that you wouldnt say that to his face. Calm down dude just bc the kid wanted to transfer doesnt make him any of those. The wrong people could see that

bulldog20
11-27-2019, 04:26 PM
KT probably made a decision in the heat of the moment that made it look worse to everyone. If he would have waited to enter the portal or even Moorhead come out and say that he would probably redshirt if possible then it wouldn't even be a discussion is my guess. He is what 20-21 years old. They tend to be more emotional at that age. Just saying.

shannondawg
11-27-2019, 04:28 PM
If this crap is true, its a shame it got leaked, and would bet a dollar that if this is gonna happen JoMo knows about it. How will it affect our game against the hated sharks. Thats all that concerns me, winning tomorrows 17 game.

Cowbell
11-27-2019, 04:35 PM
If this crap is true, its a shame it got leaked, and would bet a dollar that if this is gonna happen JoMo knows about it. How will it affect our game against the hated sharks. Thats all that concerns me, winning tomorrows 17 game.
We can be concerned about the guys being ready to play but this is a concern we have had every game the last two years.

bulldog20
11-27-2019, 04:37 PM
Agreed Cowbell. We look like especially this year that we don't practice all week then show on gameday hoping we win.

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2019, 04:45 PM
Lane Kiffin

KB21
11-27-2019, 05:01 PM
Mike Lombardi came up with this list for his book Gridiron Genius for what makes a great head coach:

What Makes a Great Coach?

Command of the Room. Followers need something to commit to. A leader has to have a plan. On Nick Saban at Cleveland: He had a strong plan and an effective way of communicating that plan, and his ability to be self-critical earned the players’ trust in a way that rivaled their feelings for Belichick.

Command of the Message. What good is the plan if you can’t talk about the plan? Players can’t accomplish anything unless they can visualize the path. Delivery isn’t as important as meaning.

Command of Self. Personal accountability is the ultimate sign of strength. Sophocles sums it up best: “All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride.” Ego is the leading cause of unemployment in the coaching world.

Command of Opportunity. Becoming an NFL head coach is a process. You learn on the fly. In the beginning, it is likely you’ll be bad at it. You just have to keep working at it until you get good and pray that you don’t end up a one-hit wonder.

Command of the Process. A leader must be fair and consistent. When rule don’t apply to everyone, the ensuing chaos collapses whatever foundation a leader has tried so hard to build.

monroedawg5646
11-27-2019, 05:04 PM
"Pull the Rope" its one million percent Mark Hudspeth. Book it.***

Slick move Dawgfan77. I see what you did there :cool:

I was wondering if that was what they call a context clue! First thing that popped in my head was Hud

bulldog20
11-27-2019, 05:09 PM
I was wondering if that was what they call a context clue! First thing that popped in my head was Hud

If it is Hud then you can bet he would eat, sleep & breathe all things MSU. He is a heck of a motivator so I'm sure he would do well here. It would be a nice change of pace from Mullen in the regard where he wouldn't look down on us. Not my choice personally, but imo he's better than Chizik, Grantham or Richt for MSU terms speaking.

crackerjax
11-27-2019, 05:29 PM
Hud would be a ?keep the plane from crashing,? regain stability type hire. But it would not be exciting. I?d rather have someone who has been part of a championship team at the FBS level.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-27-2019, 06:31 PM
Hud would be a ?keep the plane from crashing,? regain stability type hire. But it would not be exciting. I?d rather have someone who has been part of a championship team at the FBS level.

I would prefer HUD. Problem with someone who has been part of a championship at a FBS level is that can be fools gold. I mean for instance someone apart of a Alabama championship team with that kind of talent at their disposal doesn’t necessarily mean they can lead a team with lesser talent to higher standards. Look no further than Joe Moorhead. I know Penn State didn’t win a championship, but Joe had Trace McSorely and Saquon Barkley.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2019, 06:40 PM

Why do you care about exciting?

Coach34
11-27-2019, 06:45 PM
It's not Hud unless he's got a helluva poker face and some others were told to outright lie to people

jwells
11-27-2019, 06:52 PM
It's not Hud unless he's got a helluva poker face and some others were told to outright lie to people

What about Napier?

bulldawg28
11-27-2019, 06:53 PM

Great news!

TaleofTwoDogs
11-27-2019, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=bobcat91;1188371]KT was recruited for Mullen's offense. Steven's and Schradee were recruited for Moorheads. Mullen was a run first offense. Moorheads isnt. His is predicated on fast reads and accurate throws. That isnt KT. [QUOTE]

And from what I've seen, Schrader isn't the guy either. Maybe he will be that guy in the future but for now, with mostly Mullen recruits, why not use KT, his athleticism, skills and experience to run the Mullen offense until Schrader and the rest of the team is ready for JoMo's offense. Does this make to much sense??

dawgman15
11-27-2019, 07:57 PM

People on the SECrant are saying are next head coach is billy Napier

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2019, 08:03 PM

I am great with Norvell or Napier. Napier has more SEC experience but less as a head coach.

Todd4State
11-27-2019, 08:12 PM

I’m good with that.

BeardoMSU
11-27-2019, 08:30 PM

Who do you like/want?

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2019, 08:40 PM
Have now seen Billy Napier multiple places, seems like he could be our guy.

Todd4State
11-27-2019, 08:45 PM
Have now seen Billy Napier multiple places, seems like he could be our guy.

To be totally honest he’s probably the most qualified. Worked at Clemson under Dabo and Alabama under Saban. I was impressed by his staff and how it was set up too. But the most impressive thing to me was how he set ULL up like Alabama. He obviously knows what he’s doing.

Jack Lambert
11-27-2019, 08:55 PM
What about Napier?

I would rather hear who it not. Like the name Geesnick.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2019, 09:00 PM
To be totally honest he’s probably the most qualified. Worked at Clemson under Dabo and Alabama under Saban. I was impressed by his staff and how it was set up too. But the most impressive thing to me was how he set ULL up like Alabama. He obviously knows what he’s doing.

What does that mean? What did he do? How did he set them up like Alabama? This is the 2nd time I’ve read this.

bobcat91
11-27-2019, 09:05 PM
What does that mean? What did he do? How did he set them up like Alabama? This is the 2nd time I’ve read this.

https://www.si.com/college/2018/07/18/billy-napier-louisiana-lafayette-nick-saban

FriarsPoint
11-27-2019, 09:06 PM

MmmmmHmmmm. Just knowing how quick he turned around what Hud left was a big check mark, watching him do it(seeing games) made it more impressive. He’s lost to us and App St. IMO, he was out-athleted both times. People in Alabama (other than tusk) verify his recruiting ability and having the number 1 class in the sunbelt proves it. He’s most assuredly better than what we have and we sure as hell could do worse.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2019, 09:23 PM
https://www.si.com/college/2018/07/18/billy-napier-louisiana-lafayette-nick-saban

Thanks man. That was a good read. First time I’ve seen it.

Msujd164
11-27-2019, 09:24 PM
I’ve come to the conclusion no one knows shit. They don’t want to “drop a name” or “out their source”. Well, saying who it’s NOT isn’t dropping a name.

Sack up. Is it Chizik? Not hurting yourself or sources by saying no. If you can’t, well then it’s either him or your a wannabe message board badass.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2019, 09:25 PM

Listen to 34 it's not hud.

Todd4State
11-27-2019, 09:26 PM
I’ve come to the conclusion no one knows shit. They don’t want to “drop a name” or “out their source”. Well, saying who it’s NOT isn’t dropping a name.

Sack up. Is it Chizik? Not hurting yourself or sources by saying no. If you can’t, well then it’s either him or your a wannabe message board badass.

You do remember how bad Coach34 got bashed for releasing Dan to Tennessee hours before the Egg Bowl?

Let’s hopefully win tomorrow and then let things happen after that. It’s like 48 hours. Or less really.

Rex54
11-27-2019, 09:31 PM
Fun to me = Lane Train.

I hope it?s the Lane Train.