PDA

View Full Version : Former 5 Star Penn State Receiver Justin Shorter has entered the transfer portal

Choctaw Dawg
11-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Class of 2018, not a lot of numbers on him. Looks like he took a redshirt year this year, If Moorhead stays does he go after him?

sonof34
11-26-2019, 03:31 PM
Class of 2018, not a lot of numbers on him. Looks like he took a redshirt year this year, If Moorhead stays does he go after him?

Nobody wants Moorhead here anyways so this post is useless

TaleofTwoDogs
11-26-2019, 04:21 PM
I think we have had enough of the Penn State connection...

msudawg1200
11-26-2019, 04:29 PM
I’ve had enough of the transfer portal after Stevens and Zuber

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-26-2019, 04:30 PM

I've always had a sour taste in my mouth about Penn St. I should have known the JoMo ShitSho would end like it has. 15 years ago I moved from my hometown to another for work. On the 2nd day I was in my new home, I'm out in the front yard. A car pulls in my driveway and I think, this is nice....a neighbor coming to welcome me to the neighborhood. I notice he has a Penn St. tag on the front of his car as I walk to the drivers side window. He rolls his window down as I near the car, and as I start to say hello, this brash, loudmouth, yankee says, "keep your dog out of my yard. It's the 3rd one down on the right". Then proceeds to back out of the drive before I can even respond. Piece of shit. 17'er retired a few years after that and moved back to Penn. Wasn't 3 months and another neighbor told me he had had a heart attack and died. Poor guy.

Fader21
11-26-2019, 04:43 PM
All recruiting services had him in the Top 10 overall prospect. If Moorhead stays then YES reach out to him. If a new coach comes in... YES reach out to him.
I could see him winding up at Michigan where his main recruiter is the OC.

Skydawg1
11-26-2019, 05:15 PM
I’ve had enough of the transfer portal after Stevens and ZuberWe get Zuber and Stevens...Coach O gets a kicker (last year) and Joe Burrow.

msudawg1200
11-26-2019, 05:24 PM
We get Zuber and Stevens...Coach O gets a kicker (last year) and Joe Burrow.

I really bought into both, maybe Zuber more than Stevens because we were so bad at WR, and he had decent stats at KSU. Maybe. It might be coaching?

Skydawg1
11-26-2019, 05:28 PM
I really bought into both, maybe Zuber more than Stevens because we were so bad at WR, and he had decent stats at KSU. Maybe. It might be coaching?I was dreaming Stevens would be our Joe Burrow. And after that first drive in the Superdome, I believed. Silly me.

HailStateSZN19
11-26-2019, 05:47 PM
I really bought into both, maybe Zuber more than Stevens because we were so bad at WR, and he had decent stats at KSU. Maybe. It might be coaching?

It still blows my mind that Zuber caught 52 & 51 balls the previous 2 seasons with how much K-State threw it and yet he comes here and has a whopping 14 receptions and has done virtually nothing on ST. I didn't expect him to come to the SEC and light it up b/c there's no defense in the B12 but I thought he'd at least catch like 30+ balls and maybe break loose for a ST TD at some point. He's been way more disappointing than Stevens to me. Stevens was an unknown as far as proven production but Zuber had back to back years of catching 50+ balls and was pretty electric on ST at times. Haven't seen any of that here, not even a little bit. Idk if it's our scheme & offense, him finally playing some legit defenses, or a combo but I figured he'd at least torch a few OOC schools and here he is with 14 catches going into the last game of the year. I honestly bought into the idea that he'd come in and be our #1 WR Day 1, again not meaning he'd light it up but at least be a solid contributor and a weapon to use.

HailStateSZN19
11-26-2019, 05:52 PM
I was dreaming Stevens would be our Joe Burrow. And after that first drive in the Superdome, I believed. Silly me.

I sat in the corner of the EZ where that first TD pass was thrown. After watching that throw, I let pure emotion of the moment overtake me (I was/am a dumbass for this) & looked at my buddy next to me and said "This could be good" and was thinking we might actually have a passing attack this year that people would have to respect. Although it was against ULL, the pass just looked different in person than anything I'd seen all of 2018 with the touch on the pass and boy oh boy did I fall for it then. Now, here we are lol....

ScottH
11-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Coach O gets a kicker (last year) and Joe Burrow.

And the kicker was D3.

R2Dawg
11-26-2019, 07:07 PM

Agree with that.

R2Dawg
11-26-2019, 07:09 PM
I sat in the corner of the EZ where that first TD pass was thrown. After watching that throw, I let pure emotion of the moment overtake me (I was/am a dumbass for this) & looked at my buddy next to me and said "This could be good" and was thinking we might actually have a passing attack this year that people would have to respect. Although it was against ULL, the pass just looked different in person than anything I'd seen all of 2018 with the touch on the pass and boy oh boy did I fall for it then. Now, here we are lol....

You are not alone. I'd say most of MSU fanbase was taken by the first game as well. So was I. This sports stuff is not an exact science (recruiting, how it turns out, etc) Folks like to think it is because they want it to make sense but you just never know.