PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds this morning

Bo Darville
04-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Did anyone hear Bo Bounds this morning? Somebody (I didn't catch who it was), compared Nick Brassell to Patrick Peterson (ex-LSU defensive back). He also stated that Brassell needs perfect grades to be eligible in August.

BeastMan
04-16-2013, 10:45 AM
My take on Brasell is that he's an unreal athlete but overrated CB. He started there as a freshman and his stats were 5 pbu and zero int but the way he is hyped, you would think he is the 2nd coming of deon sanders. His worth is as a kick returner. I think he'll be eligible and play b/c they are dead set on him doing so. The guy flunked out and when he was at EMCC he smoked weed with Corey Smith every day. He got arrested in Oxford (while he's flunked out of school) with a gold weed leaf pendant necklace with other current players... And he was allowed to come back. That should tell you everything. He's a cancerous type guy b/c he won't stop partying so him being on the squad probably hurts more than helps

msstate7
04-16-2013, 10:54 AM
My take on Brasell is that he's an unreal athlete but overrated CB. He started there as a freshman and his stats were 5 pbu and zero int but the way he is hyped, you would think he is the 2nd coming of deon sanders. His worth is as a kick returner. I think he'll be eligible and play b/c they are dead set on him doing so. The guy flunked out and when he was at EMCC he smoked weed with Corey Smith every day. He got arrested in Oxford (while he's flunked out of school) with a gold weed leaf pendant necklace with other current players... And he was allowed to come back. That should tell you everything. He's a cancerous type guy b/c he won't stop partying so him being on the squad probably hurts more than helps

So us not getting Corey smith is a good thing in your opinion?

BeastMan
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Meh. We coulda used him but who knows. You can never tell what guys are gonna get serious and 100% buy in and who won't. To be fair, a lot of guys screw around in juco and get it together for big boy ball. I have less faith in Brassell to do so based on his actions when he was at OM and when he flunked out he continued, never a change. But you never know, maybe Freeze has testified enough to Brassell that he now sees the light

M.Fillmore
04-16-2013, 11:02 AM
I was with a guy who was told directly by an EMCC assistant coach that Brasswell's grades were very good and he will be in Oxford. I saw EMCC play three times last year. Brasswell is a great pass catcher, I can't speak to his ability to run good routes. He is also fearless in returning punts (as in he will not take a fair catch). Of course that could get him killed in the SEC.

Coach34
04-16-2013, 11:02 AM
I may end up being wrong on this- but I'm glad Brassell is back in Oxford. That team needs an influence like him

Coach34
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
BeastMan- I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you but I've heard entirely different info. I was with a guy who was told directly by an EMCC assistant coach that Brasswell's grades were very good and he will be in Oxford. I saw EMCC play three times last year. Brasswell is a great pass catcher, I can't speak to his ability to run good routes. He is also fearless in returning punts (as in he will not take a fair catch). Of course that could get him killed in the SEC.

I heard he made it out of EMCC by the skin of his teeth- I think OM will do what they can to keep him eligible- but I'm glad he is back in Oxford. I want that team to have influences like him. I may get burned on this- we'll just have to see

BeastMan
04-16-2013, 11:09 AM
I was with a guy who was told directly by an EMCC assistant coach that Brasswell's grades were very good and he will be in Oxford. I saw EMCC play three times last year. Brasswell is a great pass catcher, I can't speak to his ability to run good routes. He is also fearless in returning punts (as in he will not take a fair catch). Of course that could get him killed in the SEC.

Don't understand what you said that contradicts my post. I said I think he'll be eligible at OM in the fall. I said he likes smokin the dope. Kinda confused by what your saying

M.Fillmore
04-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Don't understand what you said that contradicts my post. I said I think he'll be eligible at OM in the fall. I said he likes smokin the dope. Kinda confused by what your saying

My apologies. I misread your post your post to say Brasswell would not get in to Oxford. When I re-read it and saw my error I edited it. But by then it you and Coach and replied.
Sorry, I hope there are no hard feelings.

BeastMan
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Haha. Absolutely none. Cheers

Bo Darville
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
was told directly by an EMCC assistant coach that Brasswell's grades were very good and he will be in Oxford.

Keep in mind that if Brassell had gotten an associates degree from EMCC, then he would start at Ole Miss with a clean slate academically. However, since he returned to Ole Miss without the associates degree, the Ole Miss grades from his freshman year still count towards his eligibility. He has serious work to do to offset his previous bad grades. I personally think he plays.

mic
04-16-2013, 12:50 PM
I heard he made it out of EMCC by the skin of his teeth- I think OM will do what they can to keep him eligible- but I'm glad he is back in Oxford. I want that team to have influences like him. I may get burned on this- we'll just have to see

Im certain he plays. Just because i dont think Freeze wants that negative shit storm that may come up if he doesnt. No way you bring him back in the spring if he wasnt basically certain to quailify.. A player doesnt leave a school , go to juco for grades and comes back just one year later and not qualify.. And everyone will say how Great Freeze is for turning this kids life around..
And I agree coach lots and lots of cancer issues with Brassell. I bet he and Marshall will be BOYS.. We for sure got the better player from EMCC with Cox hands down. (unless his little episode blows up).

biscuit
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
He will play. They are really counting on him next season. There is no way they don't get him eligible.

M.Fillmore
04-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Maybe someone here can add info on this screwy SEC/NCAA rule. The guy I was with who was talking with the EMCC coach said that Braswell really didn't want to go back to Oxford. But since he signed and started in Oxford that Braswell would need only a moderate number of hours at Juco to play in Oxford again. But if he went to another SEC school, Braswell would have to take a truckload of Juco hours to qualify. I'm not familiar with this rule.

Is this real or bogus?

Todd4State
04-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Personally, I think he wanted to leave Oxford in the first place to be honest with you, but I think he is pretty much stuck there. I think as far as his freedom of choice goes, there are a lot of things that are out of his control and he is stuck in that vicious cycle of being with the wrong people.

I still think when it's all said and done he ends up at Jackson State at some point.

Coach34
04-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Maybe someone here can add info on this screwy SEC/NCAA rule. The guy I was with who was talking with the EMCC coach said that Braswell really didn't want to go back to Oxford. But since he signed and started in Oxford that Braswell would need only a moderate number of hours at Juco to play in Oxford again. But if he went to another SEC school, Braswell would have to take a truckload of Juco hours to qualify. I'm not familiar with this rule.

Is this real or bogus?

It's real. He would have had to graduate from juco or something like that to go somewhere else

mic
04-16-2013, 03:33 PM
im guessing he plays next year and declares for the NFL drfaft.. The last place he wants to be is in a classroom for another year...

Thick
04-16-2013, 03:47 PM
It was Neal ****ing McCready who made that comparison....douche bag homer!!!!

War Machine Dawg
04-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Brassell ****ed up when he committed to us so early. With the horror town that Batesville is for SP boys who dare to defy The Pipeline, you either have to A) be a lifelong State fan a la Market or B) pull a Pegues and wait until the last damn minute to commit to State. Otherwise, you open up yourself and family to weeks/months of Hell on earth. They play VERY dirty in that damn town. Hell, let's not forget his own "coach" - the douchebag Lance Pogue - uncommitted him the moment he found out Nick had made a verbal to us. And that's only the very tip of the Titanic-sized iceberg. I can't really blame Brassell for flipping, but it was pretty clear he wanted to be at State and not Mississippi. I really feel for the SP stars in the recruiting process.

Bo Darville
04-16-2013, 07:46 PM
It was Neal ****ing McCready who made that comparison....douche bag homer!!!!

That's it. Thanks Thick. I couldn't remember the guys name. Neal McCready was the guy.

sandwolf
04-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Did anyone hear Bo Bounds this morning? Somebody (I didn't catch who it was), compared Nick Brassell to Patrick Peterson (ex-LSU defensive back). He also stated that Brassell needs perfect grades to be eligible in August.

I heard it, and it made me laugh out loud. No doubt Brassell is very talented, but to liken him to Patrick Peterson at this point is completely insane. Peterson won the Bednarik Award, the Thorpe Award, was named SEC Defensive POY, was a unanimous All-American selection, was taken as the 5th overall pick in the NFL draft, was All-Pro as a rookie and has gone to the Pro Bowl in each of his first two seasons in the NFL.