PDA

View Full Version : OK, "if" we win what happens to Luke and his Coordinators?

coastratdog
11-26-2019, 08:45 AM
I don't read the OM boards but what is their temperature on keeping Luke? Also what head coaching vacancies get their coordinators? I hope not ours! That would be a kick in the nuts.

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2019, 09:03 AM
Keith Carter and Boyce have already come out and said that Luke will be their coach for 2020.

Jack Lambert
11-26-2019, 09:04 AM
Luke is not going anywhere.

MetEdDawg
11-26-2019, 09:14 AM
If I'm OM, I'm taking a chance on keeping Luke while we are in turmoil. They need players and us firing Moorhead is the best chance they have at getting some guys they could use.

So continuity on their part, at least this year, makes sense. Get some players, hope we make a change, then next year they should make a change and work to get someone better.

War Machine Dawg
11-26-2019, 01:21 PM
Their fans want Luke gone yesterday, although I'm not sure why. He's a BearShark and one of the key cogs of The Network. He's showing he can be a CEO type of coach who allows his coordinators to do their jobs while he handles discipline. And we all know he'll allow The Network to run unchecked to get them talent. He really seems like he should be their perfect coach, but for whatever reason their fans just don't like him. It's one of the strangest situations I've seen.

msbulldog
11-26-2019, 01:30 PM
They'll keep Luke and whatever coordinators that want to stay because their broke and can't afford the buyouts. HAHA!

TimberBeast
11-26-2019, 02:06 PM
The longer they keep Luke the better it is for everyone on their schedule.

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2019, 03:39 PM
If Corral stays you know RichRod is gone. McEntire may get some looks also.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-26-2019, 04:36 PM
They're keeping Luke for now because of their schedule next year. It's brutal. They don't want a brand new coach coming in and struggling right out of the gate. 4 of their first 5 next year are Baylor, Auburn, LSU, Alabama. Plus they drop Missouri and pick up Florida. If RichRod and/or MacIntyre take off, it's going to be even worse.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2019, 04:45 PM
They're keeping Luke for now because of their schedule next year. It's brutal. They don't want a brand new coach coming in and struggling right out of the gate. 4 of their first 5 next year are Baylor, Auburn, LSU, Alabama. Plus they drop Missouri and pick up Florida. If RichRod and/or MacIntyre take off, it's going to be even worse.

Plus A&M and Arkansas on the road. And look out for that late season game against Georgia Southern - they have a history of being a tough out.

timotheus
11-26-2019, 05:23 PM
Their fans want Luke gone yesterday, although I'm not sure why. He's a BearShark and one of the key cogs of The Network. He's showing he can be a CEO type of coach who allows his coordinators to do their jobs while he handles discipline. And we all know he'll allow The Network to run unchecked to get them talent. He really seems like he should be their perfect coach, but for whatever reason their fans just don't like him. It's one of the strangest situations I've seen.

The only conversation I have had with my shark friends was that Carter would in fact be the AD and then he says that they don't want rich rod becuase Luke wants will hall as OC. I do agree that eyeing Golden Corral will dictate this.

Coach34
11-26-2019, 06:18 PM
Plumlee is OM's QB until he graduates

timotheus
11-26-2019, 06:21 PM
What do u think about the smoke of them swapping will hall and rich rod?

Jarius
11-26-2019, 06:30 PM

They tried to hire Will Hall last year and he told them no.

Coach34
11-26-2019, 06:36 PM

I'd be beyond shocked because they have committed to Plumlee. A week ago Corral had taken OM off his twitter account and keeps tweeting crap about "plan B" and such. If Luke wanted Corral at QB- he would be the QB. He has final say after all. Luke has his QB.

The Will Hall crap is likely a bunch of fans whining because they don't like being a power spread team now after giving us so much shit about it with Dak and Fitz. Even hypocrites hate being hypocrites part of the time.

Cowbell
11-26-2019, 07:11 PM

For several primary reasons:
1) You have to remember that half of their fan base didn?t go to school there, while the other half are too good too even hang out with the first half. So this creates a divide and creates ignorance.
2) Most of their fans don?t understand football, thus the process, thus the network. They also don?t realize that Luke inherited an absolute mess, honestly.
3) The main reason is a majority of rebelbearshark fans are the kind that think they are suppose to be amazing just because they are OM - they are still living in a manning time zone.

Homedawg
11-26-2019, 07:15 PM
Plumlee is OM's QB until he graduates

85% of their offense has come from fr. It's a decent start. And next year we could be w who knows at qb and new rb w no depth at either. Next year is scary, with or wo joe.

Homedawg
11-26-2019, 07:16 PM
They tried to hire Will Hall last year and he told them no.

Um no. Luke wanted to hire him and he got overruled

bobcat91
11-26-2019, 07:26 PM
I understand the buyout for all involved is over 12 million. He will be back next year

OLJWales
11-26-2019, 07:51 PM
I've always been a believer, based on population & talent pool of Miss, we MUST take over this state. IMO, there is a path to MSU doing just that. And I mean dominating the Confeds in football. They've signed on to Luke for another year and if we get another Mullen type who can come in and fix things QUICK, we can start pounding their asses into the sand. There's just not enough talent in MS and the surrounding area for both MSU & OM fo both to sustain consistent success.

So, Luke and CO are here for another year, let's capitalize. They are in better shape right now than I thought they'd be a few months ago because it appears OM lucked into some decent coordinators. We will end up with a new coach and I'm thinking (just thinking, no insider info) that OM could lose one if not both of their coordinators. The next few weeks are going to be interesting indeed.

bobtail bob
11-26-2019, 07:55 PM
I?m a lot more worried about what happens to us if we win

Jarius
11-26-2019, 08:08 PM
Um no. Luke wanted to hire him and he got overruled

Ole Miss wanted to interview more people and he had just taken the job at Tulane and rather than wait on a decision he pulled his name out of the search out of respect for Tulane.

Saltydog
11-26-2019, 08:35 PM
I don't see that happening right now but Will Hall is one of the best young oc's in the game. Should we hire Hud, I'd like to see him go after Hall. I think he'd be a helluva recruiter in this State too.