PDA

View Full Version : Will Healy

jwells
11-25-2019, 07:05 PM
1st year coach at UNC Charlotte has them bowl eligible for the 1st time in school history. He came from Austin Peay where Hud took over. Not saying Hudspeth isn?t a good coach but Healy set him up perfectly. Recruited 3 top 5 FCS recruiting classes in his time at Austin Peay and like I said has taken Charlotte to their 1st bowl game ever in year 1. One of, if not the youngest head coach in college football. He is an absolute rising star. Probably too soon to take over an SEC program but i would give a fair amount of the success that Austin Peay has had to Healy. I would at least give him a call to pick his brain because he obviously gets instant buy-in to his program

Cowbell
11-25-2019, 08:05 PM
1st year coach at UNC Charlotte has them bowl eligible for the 1st time in school history. He came from Austin Peay where Hud took over. Not saying Hudspeth isn?t a good coach but Healy set him up perfectly. Recruited 3 top 5 FCS recruiting classes in his time at Austin Peay and like I said has taken Charlotte to their 1st bowl game ever in year 1. One of, if not the youngest head coach in college football. He is an absolute rising star. Probably too soon to take over an SEC program but i would give a fair amount of the success that Austin Peay has had to Healy. I would at least give him a call to pick his brain because he obviously gets instant buy-in to his program

So you are saying Hud didn?t try to change the players to fit his scheme and he didn?t underperform with the talent he was handed....

msstate7
11-25-2019, 08:05 PM
Good info

Cooterpoot
11-25-2019, 08:16 PM
Against the rules to not worship Hud. He’s our Mike Shula.

dawgday166
11-25-2019, 08:30 PM
Against the rules to not worship Hud. He’s our Mike Shula.

At first I was "No Way" on Hud. Now I've changed my mind. Having said that there's a few differences:

1) We ain't a destination job like Bama ... we're a stepping stone job.
2) We ain't Bama and can't get most anyone we really want.
2) We don't know if he's our Mike Shula or not yet. Anyone we likely to hire could perform at 6 floor/8 ceiling level and no greater ... if that's how you're defining Mike Shula level.

AlSwearengen
11-25-2019, 08:40 PM
Wasn’t Hudspeth Byrne’s guy if he hadn’t been able to get Mullen or one or two others? And maybe he was put into place to be groomed as Mullen’s successor should Mullen leave after a short stay?

I’m pretty sure that Hudspeth wasn’t someone that Mullen would have hired on his own. I think they butted heads some.

AlSwearengen
11-25-2019, 08:42 PM
Wasn?t Hudspeth Byrne?s guy if he hadn?t been able to get Mullen or one or two others? And maybe he was put into place to be groomed as Mullen?s successor should Mullen leave after a short stay?

I?m pretty sure that Hudspeth wasn?t someone that Mullen would have hired on his own. I think they butted heads some.

jwells
11-25-2019, 08:54 PM
Wasn?t Hudspeth Byrne?s guy if he hadn?t been able to get Mullen or one or two others? And maybe he was put into place to be groomed as Mullen?s successor should Mullen leave after a short stay?

I?m pretty sure that Hudspeth wasn?t someone that Mullen would have hired on his own. I think they butted heads some.

I think so. I think some of that is a plus. You want an alpha dog as your coach. We are lacking in that now. If the game plan against Auburn rumors are true, that is encouraging for Hud that he knows how to adapt and be the best for his team

Cowbell
11-25-2019, 10:13 PM
Against the rules to not worship Hud. He?s our Mike Shula.

I like your takes most of the time but it would be ok for you to lighten up and not be such a negative Nancy all the time. It won?t kill you.